Shelybear

DC Calendar 2015~

Oh my gosh, the May calendar is amazing *0* Especially the Vine's snout. I dunno why, but that is my fav part o-o

I like that part as well, especially the teeth. biggrin.gif Other than that, I like buds on vines, too.

ohh my gosh the may one is beautiful!! <333 how are you shely it's been a while <33

i love the colours. c: you and mage work amazingly well together!! the vine dragon is a nice choice; it's nice to see dragons getting appreciation each month. c:

EDIT:I love the calendar its amazing ohmy.gif.I like hell horses for June or July .

leopold2111

Edited by leo

love the calender, I agree with leo hell horses would be great for June

and especially for my cat because he was born on June the 18th

leopold2111

Yes, I'll be doing the art for the rest of this year. I was thinking something hot for June, July, and August. ^^ Hellhorses fit the bill, though I would have to check spriter's permissions.

We did say that Summer Seasonal might be a choice for June, although to get a bigger variety of dragons I'm taking suggestions! *goes wiki diving to find the right breed*

Yes, I'll be doing the art for the rest of this year. I was thinking something hot for June, July, and August. ^^ Hellhorses fit the bill, though I would have to check spriter's permissions.

We did say that Summer Seasonal might be a choice for June, although to get a bigger variety of dragons I'm taking suggestions! *goes wiki diving to find the right breed*

Hm.....

Yellow Crowned? They seem heat related, soooooo....

that sounds like fun. I had a question how do you use the calender once its finished?

leopold2111

one of my suggestions would be a hellfire for July because they kind of remind me of fireworks. this note is for mage and shely bear

leopold2111

And for August I'd suggest a bluna if possible xd.png For summer is too hot and we need some water to cool down! Also bluna reminds me of swimming.

@leo Mega does all art stuffs and I edit them into calendars. After that I post them here and everyone can use as they want, apart from commercial use. So basically you can use it as wallpaper or personally print it out to be a physical calendar, etc.

Those are just absolutely beautiful!

Hey, Nebula, one of my favorites, is my birth month! tongue.gif

Ah nuts, I've fallen behind on the calendar (sorry Shely!). Here's a last minute decision I'm asking you guys to help with: Blackcap, Suncrown, Tangar, or Fleshcrowne? I'm leaning towards the Black Capped Teimarr myself, but I'd figure I'd give you guys some illusion of choice.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

No worries.

Mage, my last exam is on 29th. And I have no problem doing it afterwards but definitely not before. However it will be a bit hasty if you give me the picture on exactly the last day of May...

So guys, try to decide in a few days and allow Mage some time. xd.png

Is it alright if I pass it to you on the 29th, then? It doesn't take me too long to make these, anyway. xd.png good luck on your exams!

Ah nuts, I've fallen behind on the calendar (sorry Shely!). Here's a last minute decision I'm asking you guys to help with: Blackcap, Suncrown, Tangar, or Fleshcrowne? I'm leaning towards the Black Capped Teimarr myself, but I'd figure I'd give you guys some illusion of choice.

*whispers* choose the black capped, yes

Is it alright if I pass it to you on the 29th, then? It doesn't take me too long to make these, anyway. xd.png good luck on your exams!

Surely it's alright. And thank you! smile.gif

Anyone have any ideas for a July dragon? July is normally pretty hot, and its the start of the summer season, so.....how about a Water Dragon?

Oh yeah! I think a Bluna would look much better as you have the whole dragon to work with. My 2 cents anyway.

Just a random design critic from what I've seen is that the English June Version and both July versions have the month name pretty close to the dragon graphic and also creating an off-balanced, assymetrical composition. English "June" doesn't have the same breathing space as the Chinese version and leaves an awkward empty space. July's empty space is filled by the wave, so isn't as bad, but the month name is being crammed up to the bluna image.

Make sure you give consideration to the power typography has on overall composition.

Edited by Daydreamer09

@Daydreamer09 Thank you very much for the opinion. I'll see what I can do later when I have more spare time. But for the newest one, it was my intention to 'crump up' the month name and the picture of bluna to make them kind of 'linked' and tried to make it look as the month name was extended from it. However I can move it further if you really think that's a bad idea.

Edited by Shelybear