The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2015

Two CB flamingos for free smile.gif

First

Second

Took the first, thank you!

EDIT: Came back for the second, as well. I've been looking for CBs, so these are much appreciated smile.gif

Edited by Stormphoenix42

I don't think anyone has logged into the Holly Contest group account in many months. I know I sent a PM offering a donation of a couple Holly offspring early this year but they were never added to the Donators list either. There are several people with access to the group account so it seems strange that there hasn't been any updates since January.

I don't think anyone has logged into the Holly Contest group account in many months. I know I sent a PM offering a donation of a couple Holly offspring early this year but they were never added to the Donators list either. There are several people with access to the group account so it seems strange that there hasn't been any updates since January.

Yeah my last pm was in may 14th. ^^

THE HOLLY CONTEST.

This was an experiment, thought up by ArynChris, that we've done the past three years, and we rewarded the experimenters with Hollies. So, we're going to do it again this year. To sum up,

Those who collect the most Flamingo Wyverns, adult or frozen, in 2015 will receive a Holly egg come Christmas.

Why only Flamingos, and not other commons too? It's an experiment to see if we can make them harder to find in the cave and AP. It's worked well in the past, and this year we've selected a breed which shares its description and biome with the Pinks, sought-after for their BSA-- can we make Flamingos rarer?

To sign up: Simple! Just post in the thread and start collecting Flamingos. In your post, give us a link to your scroll and tell us how you will be listing your Flamingos (see rule 4.)

To update your totals: If you post again with your current total before December, we'll update your total in the second post. This is entirely optional. We will arrive at the correct total for everyone; that is why we have Total Checkers.

To donate: PM either the Holly Contest account or any of the hosts with access to the account.

How total checking and prize distribution works: If you've donated, you will receive a PM in late November or early December asking you to check in and confirm your activity and donation. This is the start of the endgame for the contest.

As soon as the contest ends, the verification process will begin. Over the next few days, available moderators and total checkers will take a look at every single Flamingo on the competitors' scrolls to make sure they are from 2015, and report the total to the other verifiers. Once this process is over, we will post the results in the thread and begin to distribute the prizes.

Not all winners will hear from us immediately (for the 2014 contest, winners were dealt with in batches of fifteen.) Winners are then given the list of Hollies, and told to select a certain number of them in order of preference, from which we will give them the highest available-- or they may choose to decline the Holly and receive an Alternate Prize. If you are a donator, we will contact you to tell you where your egg is going.

Once all the Hollies are distributed, there will be a short break and then we will contact those who requested the Alternate Prizes instead.

RULES:

COMPETITORS:

1. You may join at any time in the year before the contest ends.

2. Only Flamingos collected in 2015 count. Flamingos you already have count if and only if they were laid/caught on or after January 1, 2015.

3. The contest will end at midnight December 10, 2015. All Flamingos must be grown up or frozen before this date; the latest "grown up on" date we should see is December 9.

4. Please keep your Flamingos in one place on your scroll. If this is too much trouble, you can use a Google Doc instead. If this is the case, please use view links, give us a link in your joining post, make sure it is publicly visible, and update it at the end of the contest. If your doc is not updated and the Flamingos are not in one place on your scroll, we may not arrive at the correct total. However, if they are in one place on your scroll, it is not necessary to make a doc.

5. Only frozen hatchlings and adults count, not eggs or growing hatchlings.

6. Flamingos must all be ALIVE and NOT ZOMBIES and NOT WILD at Christmas time, when we go through and double check everyone's numbers.

7. You may obtain the Flamingos in any way that does not violate the TOS. They may be bred by you, caught off the AP, found in the cave, or traded for. ArynChris, creator of the contest, clarifies on this matter:

DONATORS:

1. You may donate at any time of the year before the Holly distribution ends.

2. You may make special rules for the recipient of your egg (eg no freezing) but these are not sanctioned by the contest, and will not be noted anywhere by the contest. The contest is not responsible if the recipient chooses not to follow your rules, and you are obligated to give them their egg whether they agree to the rules beforehand or not. Think of them more as "requests" regarding the egg's future than rules.

3. Be prepared to hold your egg for a day or two if the distribution process runs longer than breeding season. It is an unfortunate truth that this has happened in all three contests so far. It cannot be helped. To put things into perspective, last year over 150 PMs were sent out during the Holly distribution-- not to mention the ones received! It takes time to sort things out.

DONATORS AND PRIZES:

Winners may choose from:

The 2015 Holly offspring of Nollaig Iontas, from celis!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Twisted Tornado Baby, from celis!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Messy Holiday Girl, from celis!

The 2015 Holly offspring of 1st Fx of Dahl-5G-FRedThemed, from Firedda!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Abu's Thuwed of 38-6EG, from Firedda!

The 2015 Holly offspring of In Vogue Thuwed-7EG, from Firedda!

The 2015 Holly offspring of g0oan-Gwaine-Dorkface Thuwed, from Firedda!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Hey Fellow Thuwed Holiday-8EG, from Firedda!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Feliz Navidada Zek, from Wiz!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Ilex DracoLupus Zek, from Wiz!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Christmas Silver Zek, from Wiz!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Feliz Navidada Zek II, from Wiz!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Joyous Zek, from Wiz!

The 2015 Holly offspring of MerriZek, from Wiz!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Ptero-St Nicholas, from Pteprocks!

The 2015 Holly offspring of T'nys Oossath, from MorysRipper!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Sneachta Thuwed, from Sir Barton!

The 2015 Holly offspring of B'right Blessings, from Sir Barton!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Aora's Holly Magic, from Kurane!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Rafael's Holly Joy, from Kurane!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Eden's Grace of Holly, from Kurane!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Diamond Holly Twist, from Kurane!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Lucky Holly Day, from nxtashaxt!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Wherever you find love Thuwed, from herk!

The 2015 Holly offspring of It Feels like Christmas, from herk!

The 2015 Holly offspring of ST IV Alyone, from speakingtomato!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (VNW88), from speakingtomato!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (779jt), from speakingtomato!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (IdpcL), from speakingtomato!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (G8kRe), from speakingtomato!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Dragus Eoin, from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (4O6Wo), from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Poinsettia Delirium, from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Dragun Maltena, from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Noella Zena, from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Rising Tempest, from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Poinsettia's Rein, from sethless21!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Bright Pink Holly Berry, from Guillotine!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Ilex Lucky Holic, from InugamiZERO!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Snow-covered Holly, from RulenneClarissa!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Gift of the Dance, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of It's Raining Wine and Holly, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Snowbough, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Mistress Claus, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Jolly Tannenbaum, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Ofas Olad-Wod Xecco Thuwed, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Under Mistletoe, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Cold Wintry Winds, from Lurhstaap!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Hollycicle Sadi, from circeramone!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Fezziwig Sadi, from circeramone!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Peace Sadi, from circeramone!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Darcake Pranas'bri, from Jascuty!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Hollii, from spirited_soul!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Holly Song, from Dream_Thief!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Luck of the Angel's Wings, from Dream_Thief!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Ice Snow and Holly, from Dream_Thief!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Golden Holly, from Dream_Thief!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Jingle Bombs, from Dream_Thief!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Holly Jolly Nichola, from Alora!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Aithlin Vanyali IV, from _smoczyca_!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Sataleeti Vanyali V, from _smoczyca_!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Sythers Vanyali VI, from _smoczyca_!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Roynyr Vanyali VI, from _smoczyca_!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Ettrian Vanyali VI, from _smoczyca_!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Joyeux Yiu IV SP, from beefcake!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Hollyster Thuwed V EG, from beefcake!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Hollis Yiu IV, from beefcake!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Holly SkyWiz, from banban007!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (Y4L6o), from Raven13dragon!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (1PVwa), from xeyla!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Desert Holly, from xeyla!

The 2015 Holly offspring of Joy of Gifting, from xeyla!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (bYI12), from xeyla!

The 2015 Holly offspring of (4IvlO), from xeyla!

All donators are very appreciated. smile.gif

First place gets first pick of the Hollies, then second place, and so on.

There will also be Alternate Prizes, which will be nice, non-Holly eggs given to the winners who decline the Holly prize.

Note: This year we have elected to change Runner-Up Prizes into Alternate Prizes, for declining Holly winners only, since we had so many Holly winners last year and due to the relative difficulty in distributing Runner-Up/Alternate Prizes. However, if we have a low number of donations we may go back to the Runner-Up system.

Everyone is welcome to contribute to the pool of Alternate Prizes with donations.

I almost forgot to sign up this year! I've been collecting flamingos and want to be included in the contest please. They are on my scroll sorted by breed. Here is my scroll

http://dragcave.net/user/mycatranch

Hello people, and dragons. I'm here to enter the contest. All of the Flamingos I've caught this year are at the bottom of my scroll. I think I have around 181 right now. My scroll link is here. http://dragcave.net/user/TheShadows Also most of them are not named, I apologize if I'm doing this wrong I'm don't generally do forums and hardly know what I'm doing. But I read the rules and have listed everything that is required I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So is anyone still running this contest?

I've only just become active after a lengthy hiatus, give me a few days to find out what's what. Don't panic though something will be worked out if there is a problem.

I've only just become active after a lengthy hiatus, give me a few days to find out what's what. Don't panic though something will be worked out if there is a problem.

Thanks Wiz. That's good to know.

Updated

Finally added everyone and updated totals.

Added a whopping 31 Hollies to the donation list, bringing the total number of Holly prizes to 105! Confirmation PMs will be sent out tonight to all the donors. Thank you!

arlais: If you still wish to participate, we'll need a link to your scroll.

Puppyloverdog10000: If you'd like us to use your Google doc, you'll need to allow us access. However, it looks like your scroll is in breed sort, in which case it's fine anyway.

Remember, everyone, all your Flamingos need to be adult or frozen before midnight on December 10, or they won't count!

I want to apologize for the disrepair of the thread this year. Personally, the amount of time I have left for DC has dwindled to zero unfortunately. But everyone who collected enough Flamingos will still get a Holly if I can help it. More status updates incoming later.

Update by Pteprocks

Edited by The Holly Contest

I have exactly 111 Flamingoes now and won't collect any more. :3