pederino

Egg puzzle

I love this idea! IMO it's an even better idea than the egg rock, because this will promote common collecting and I can totally see it being implemented.

I like any idea to get 'frozen' egg sprites. I love many of the eggs and this idea sounds like fun. The only thing is that I really want the eggs on my scroll, so I can put them with the rest of their kind.

Bump (?).

Hello, sorry for all the inactivity, I was very busy with college, but I got time to write this and to completely edit the Original Post, adding a lot of things and filling a lot of holes in the idea. So, I hope you guys read it now if you can, thanks beforehand!

BTW, I still have the Original Post, just in case its needed.

Edited by pederino

I like the overall idea.

I would not want to trade for eggshards.

I would like to have both an egg collection page separate from the main scroll, plus the ability to use them as dividers or to make family groupings with on the main scroll.

I'm one of the lucky folk who already has 3 GoNs, so I'll need a way to collect eggshards that doesn't require hatching an egg.

Clicking in the Wilderness or the Graveyard makes the most sense to me. Eggshards showing up when viewing scrolls, checking out a dragon's view page or lineage page would work well too. I wouldn't want eggshards showing up in the Biomes or on the AP, since they are liable to move the text and eggs around and you might miss the egg you were trying to catch.

And since this idea is more interactive than the 'painted rocks' idea, I like this much better.

I'm not sure about this. I'm assuming the fragments would pop up like Halloween treats or mana crystals, just randomly through the site? If so I think it would get annoying after a while, as the treats and such tend to force other parts of the site to shift around to fit them.

Or is it just registering that you've found these things without you seeing them / getting a message? I guess that'd be better, but I'd still prefer something where you can consciously choose to try to collect certain eggs (ex: infertile breeding) over random lotteries that you have to "win" six times to get one egg.

I'm not sure about this. I'm assuming the fragments would pop up like Halloween treats or mana crystals, just randomly through the site? If so I think it would get annoying after a while, as the treats and such tend to force other parts of the site to shift around to fit them.

Or is it just registering that you've found these things without you seeing them / getting a message? I guess that'd be better, but I'd still prefer something where you can consciously choose to try to collect certain eggs (ex: infertile breeding) over random lotteries that you have to "win" six times to get one egg.

Yes, I was thinking about that, a link that more or less says: "Theres a curious object on the ground, would you like to look at it?", if you click it then you can see which fragment it is, then it will say "Look! its a fragment of a dragon egg! Would you like to keep it? (yes / no)". The link will be just at the top or bottom of the dragon roaming areas.

Also, I can understand that you dont want to depend on luck, but I think it can be helped with a BSA (one that makes the eggs give you more fragments than normal, or one that boost the likelihood of getting fragments...), but that is just another suggestion, and, depending on it, will need this one to be implemented, and to be honest, I dont think its going to be.

To end this comment I will say that I am going to add some things to the OP since you gave me some ideas, thanks =D!

I apologize, I have not generally read all of it, just the jist. I do believe, with the basic idea, I'd be for this. There are MANY eggs that I find beautiful and actually want on my scroll as "frozen eggs" so to speak, but people are really against depriving eggs to hatch, but not depriving them of enjoying their adult life xd.png

The tea dragon..I'm not a fan of the hatchies or adults, but I LOVE the egg.

I have almost forgotten about thie thread, in fact I only found it thanks to pinkgothic comment in the preferred method for freezing thread that popped up in the first page recently.

Anyway, I am just here to bump this thread and say that I updated some ideas and added one more. They are in green, BTW. Although I recommend reading the whole post, in case you dont know what this is about.

Thats all for now folks!

Edited by pederino

This is a really, really cute idea! I'm personally not that keen on the idea of finding fragments by wandering, though, since it seems a bit inconsistent with the rest of the game. At the moment, there's no other feature where we can do that outside of holiday events (like the Easter egg hunt) which I'd prefer not to see recreated in day-to-day caving.

I really like the idea of finding fragments from dragons, though. But so that people who aren't interested in this feature aren't constantly getting memos about egg fragments, what if there was an almost BSA-type feature? Say the day after an egg hatches, there's an option on the hatchling's action page that's something like "search for fragments" where you can search the area around the new baby hatchling for fragments of shell it has left behind? Then after the hatchling gets a bit older, the option goes away again.

I'd prefer to see this done through some kind of action like that. But the whole idea of fragments and collecting them and reconstructing them is something that I absolutely love!

A new idea!

I also still love this idea. And i really hope that we find something that works for finding fragments for Guardian of Nature eggs. 'Cause i have a male GoN and a growing egg on my scroll...

But for the BSA should there be a nwe thread in the BSA suggestions subforum? unsure.gif I am not familiar with this whole suggestions thingy.

I really like this idea, I've always wanted the ability to be able to keep/ freeze an egg as to be able to keep it on your scroll.

[ Though I haven't started this, I want to begin freezing hatchlings, and having a few eggs of the species to go along just feels like it'd complete the collection of that dragon, ya know?]

The BSA mentioned for the Speckled-throated dragon would be an awesome bonus, too.

Overall, I love and support this idea 100% biggrin.gif

oh this sounds pretty neat! I wouldn't mind for something like this to be implemented.. although I am fairly new, so I don't have much of anything yet lol

This is the best frozen-egg idea I've seen. Engaging and covers the rp issue of potentially killing the hatchling inside. Considering how gorgeous some of the latest releases' eggs have been *glances at Xenos* I'd love to collect some.

Would definitely encourage me to hang around the site when locked or when the AP isn't moving if we can collect shards via site wandering.

I wouldn't mind them being on scrolls (as long as it's obvious that they're frozen) or as a separate collection. If another idea floating around about tabs or mini-scrolls or whatever they're calling it goes through people could make an eggs section.

As far as page text goes, I think saying that it is a "recontructed ____" is the best way to go.

idk if we should allow names for them, currently the only frozen egg we have, the Leetle Tree, can't be named.

I really like this idea!

Just a question though:

Will there be any visual difference between real eggs and empty eggs?

I really like this idea!

Just a question though:

Will there be any visual difference between real eggs and empty eggs?

I dont think so, because changing them sprite-wise would mean that every egg existing now will have to undergo a certain change (be it making it lighter/darker in color or adding a decoration), that will do 1 things: some spriter would have to make those changes, and not everyone has the time or is willing to do that kind of work, specially when there are almost 90 eggs.

The only difference that I expect to see is in the Type column of the scroll, where it, instead of saying "Egg", will say "Empty Egg, F" where the F stands for the typical frozen symbol.

Just bumping this because I had really liked this idea; it's a way to get eggs on scrolls and is kind of a mini game in itself. I wanted to see what people still thought of it