pederino

Egg puzzle

Hey there! Here is an idea for frozen eggs:

Edited on: 07/12/2015

Basic Idea

The basic concept of this is to get the sprite of the eggs through shards or fragments of a given egg, you need to collect at least 6 for normal and drake dragons and 4 for pygmies.

How are you supposed to get the fragments?

Easy: hatching eggs. Every egg that hatches in your scroll will have a probability of leaving you a piece of egg depending on the breed of the dragons: the more calm and gentle breeds have the highest possibility, while the vicious and violent breeds or the ones that eat the shells of their eggs have the lowest.

Another way to obtain them is encountering them scattered through all the parts of DC that supposedly has roaming dragons or eggs, which includes: the wilderness, the AP, the cemetery and the Cave (from now on they will be refered as Dragon Roaming areas). I would like that this way of getting fragments should be badge based: if you have no badge (0-49 dragons on scroll) you cant get the shards this way, after you get the bronze badge (50-249 dragons on scroll) you can obtain them this way, when you get the silver badge (250-499 dragons on scroll) you are more likely to find shards and of more violent breed, finally when you get the golden badge (500+ dragons on scroll) just boost the possibility of fragments and of violent breeds; of course the badge system is up for debate, also I linked it to the Dragon badge, but I am almost sure we can have an egg collection badge.

How to get the "eggs" then?

As I said before you need to collect 6 fragments of eggs for a normal or drake dragon and 4 for a pygmy. But to be more specific, you have to collect 6 or 4 fragments of a breed to get the egg of that breed.

After you get the 6 or 4 pieces you can cast a spell called: "Reconstruct", to "summon" an empty egg that will go directly to your scroll and will act exactly the same as a leetle tree: be a decorative object, it will also take the quantity of fragments it costs.

How the empty eggs and fragments will be shown?

There are two forms:

The first applies to both, eggs and fragments, and will be a page in which you can choose to see your fragments or your eggs. If you choose fragments you will see how many you have and of which dragons, by default it is sorted by breed; from this page you can go to see the eggs. In the eggs page you will see the eggs you have in your scroll, by default they will be sorted by date, from the younger to the older, also from this page you can go to the pieces page directly. The main page (the one you get to decide to which page you will go) is accessible through a badge that you will get after getting your first fragment, the same will be named: "My egg collection".

The second applies only to the eggs, and will be in your scroll, as I said before, as a decorative object. Although it will have the same behaviour as frozen hatchlings when sorted, they do not count towards the dragon trophy.

In both forms other users can see your eggs and fragments, unless you dont want to (through an option, of course).

What will say in this empty egg's description?

It will just say "This is a perfectly reconstructed x egg, you can barely see the cracks.", in which x is the breed that egg is from. Also, it will say the day it was reconstructed. But will not have information about clicks, overall views and unique views, and from which dragons the fragments are. But will have the link that directs you to the page of the encyclopedia about that breed, and will also have the "owner" link that directs to your scroll.

What about GoNs?

You can get fragments of this breed through failing the Summon BSA, of course, if you fail to summon a GoN egg that doesnt mean you will surely get a fragment, but will have a high rate. Also you can get fragments through hunting in the Dragon Roaming areas. And finally, hatching GoN eggs will have a 100% rate of giving you a fragment.

Another thing I would like to add to the idea, but dont know the difficulty of implementing it, is that after you have your 3 GoNs you can still use the Summon BSA, but it will always result in failure with a little chance of getting a fragment of a GoN egg. I am almost sure it is easier than most of the ideas presented here, but I really dont know.

And what about Christmas, Valentine and Halloween dragons, specially the recent released ones?

For the not-recent-released ones, you can get the fragments during their events in the Dragon Roaming areas. And for the recent-released ones, you can also get fragments during their events in Dragon Roaming areas, but only after they have been released in-cave and will stop appearing when the egg stops appearing as well. Also, in both cases, you get shards from hatching eggs of those breeds. If you dont get enough fragments that holiday then you will have to wait for the next.

Also, since Valentines and Christmas are very gentle breeds you can get their fragments very easily through breeding. For the Halloween, since some are vicious or fierce breeds, it will be a bit more difficult to get their fragments.

Can you collect more than one egg of the same breed?

Of course! You can collect as many reconstructed empty eggs you want! So you know, if you want to make some dividers with specific eggs you can go for it!

You have an empty egg of a breed and dont want more, but you still have a bunch of fragments of that breed that you dont want, can you get rid of them?

Of course! You will have an option to thrash them in the pieces/fragments/shards page. You click a link called "Throw away fragments", then you will see the shards you have and how many, at the right side of them you will see a box of text in which you will write how many shards you want to throw of said group, and at the very right you will see a checkbox, if you mark it you want to remove all shards of that group, after you have made your decisions you write your password click on the "Throw away" button, it will ask for confirmation, if you are sure click "Yes", if not then "No".

Added: 01/25/2015

How the fragments will show in the dragon roaming areas?

It will show as a link at the bottom of the page that more or less says: "There are curious objects on the ground, would you like to look at/inspect them?", if you click it then you can see which fragments they are and below it will say "Look! There are fragments of dragon eggs! Would you like to keep it/them? (yes / no)", you select the ones you want and click yes.

Can I get more than one fragment per egg hatched?

I was thinking this a lot, but yes. This is not going to affect the game at all (I think), so why not? The possibility depends in the same thing as to get a fragment: the more vicious the breed the less likely to get more than one fragment, but you cant get more than 3.

Also, you can get several fragments in the dragon roaming areas (up to 4), and yes they can be of the same breed or different.

If one of my eggs dies, I still can get a fragment?

Yes, and the possibility to get pieces is the same as the most vicious breeds: very unlikely.

Added: 07/12/2015

Can I trade the empty eggs?

Definitely no.

Can I trade/gift the pieces of eggs?

A bit complicated here since I dont want to overcomplicate this, but yes. You can trade them, you just cannot trade them directly with eggs or hatchlings, just with other fragments. I wish we could add a dragon with a BSA (or a BSA to an existing dragon) just like teleport but for fragments, but if not, teleport is good enough.

Extra: a BSA for this

This is not a question but a suggestion for this suggestion (suggestion-ception!), so, this can only be implemented if the main idea is implemented. In any case, I would like to suggest this BSA: Recollect, for the speckled-throated dragon.

Affects: 1 egg.

Effect: boost the possibility of getting fragments after the egg hatches, also multiplies the quantity of fragments you can get from that egg.

Cooldown: 1 week after the affected egg hatches. You can use the BSA 3 days or 3 hours before the egg hatches, but before you can use it again you will need to wait for said egg to hatch, and then wait for the 1 week cooldown.

Why this breed?: in the encyclopedia it says that males like to collect different kind of objects for artful displays and attract a possible mate. In my opinion, it seems fitting, but if you have something to say about this, you are more than free.

Just wanting to say that this BSA is purely optional, if the main idea is implemented this BSA doesnt have to be.

Can I name my empty eggs?

Yes and no. You can "label" them, which is almost the same as naming, but you have less space for them (normal egg: 24 characters, pygmy egg: 12 characters). Hope it is clear enough. Also, you can "name" the egg just like an existing dragon, and 2 eggs can have the same "name", e. g. I have a dragon named "Rosa", another user, or even me, can have an empty egg labeled as "Rosa", or viceversa, having an egg labeled as "Rosa" a dragon can still be named "Rosa".

Opinions, questions or anything else just leave a comment! smile.gif.

Edited by pederino

I believe that this thread has your basic idea covered.

However from what I see, your idea has more to add than the related suggestions in that thread since yours require multiple eggs and a chance game to work out, and to be honest I find it quite interesting and I personally would hate to see it buried at the bottom of the old thread.

Edited by CNR4806

There are multiple BSA suggestions for various species to collect egg fragments. I'm not sure if that's ever been considered as just a general idea rather than a BSA.

There's also this idea for collecting eggs: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=164215.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with your suggestion, it is very well thought out. I, personally, am at the point of not caring how it's done, I just the egg sprites.

My preference would probably be for 'frozen' eggs to be as easy to collect as hatchies, but this could be an interesting way to busy oneself kinda. (Particularly if users could trade shards, although I think that may be the only part I'm unsure of.) Most the BSAs/suggestions on this, I am wary of how well all the egg shards could really be collected, so this may be a more realistic idea.

But as I don't collect frozens yet, I don't think my opinion holds much sway either way. =p

I think that your idea is very interesting. I am curious about where players would keep their reconstructed eggs - on their scrolls, like their dragons' sketches, or on another page, similar to Dragon Encyclopedia? It would be fun to have "Collection of Eggs", where eggs would be displayed, for example, in large chest with partitions or with small boxes, similar to old collections of birds' eggs.

Finally, the eggs obtained this way will have the same text as a normal egg and later they will say the following: "This egg has been reconstructed from different pieces of eggs." or something like that. so for example for the pink it should say this: "Its bright and pink. This egg has been reconstructed from different pieces of eggs."

Some texts, for example: "This egg shakes violently when you touch it" (Hellhorse) or "You hear strange noises coming from inside this egg" (Howler Drake) would be rather inadequate for reconstructed and "empty" eggs. I suppose that something short, like "Howler Drake's egg", "Pink Dragon's egg" would be better.

I rather like this idea,. BUT - I would want MY eggs stored on a separate page. "My Egg Collection" sounds good biggrin.gif

I rather like this idea,. BUT - I would want MY eggs stored on a separate page. "My Egg Collection" sounds good biggrin.gif

I could picture it being associated with a badge, myself.

Like this idea very much. A badge to send us to a different page where we have our collection of eggs sounds amazing.

I'd like that. I pretty much support anything that allows us to keep those beautiful eggs, so if I have to spend some time collecting egg fragments, I will!

It was this sort of thing that I was picturing--a badge leading to a separate page of an egg collection

I personally really like this idea. I think some of the eggs are gorgeous and have wanted to be able to freeze a few of them in the past.

I think the idea of trading somehow would be good (rarer eggs and all of that), but it'd need to be outside of teleporting and dragon trading in general. Perhaps it could be similar to the encyclopedia--there could be a way to find shards of eggs in the caves or on other user's scroll?

Edited by Angelina Gienah

Whatever - just as long as they were on a separate page.

I was thinking the same about a different "scroll" for the collection of eggs, I didnt know how to put that, but I think a badge link can do that just fine. Also, Aurigena is right, some descriptions doesnt fit for empty eggs, I will change that. And the trading, some seem not to like it (I dont like it too, though there will be no other way for some users to get the GoN egg, thats what kinda flaws my idea :/, unless you can still use Summon, but since you have your 3 GoNs then all you will get is failure, but with a little possibility of getting a fragment, does it sound fair?).

I would like the option to have the eggs on my main scroll, so I can use them as dividers.

I like this idea.

I want to freeze the gorgeous eggs from Falconiform Wyverns. wub.gif

I know the chances are odd but what happens if a user is so lucky and this happens:

Total amount of summoning: 3

Total amount Guardian of Nature on scroll after summoning three times: 3

blink.gif It COULD happen.

Mayby we can found fragments of eggshells in the wilderness?

Collect the fragments similiar to collecting mana but not all over DC but on certain sites? All biomes, the AP and the wilderness appears on my mind.

I like this idea very much; it makes sense to me. I also do not mind whether the eggs are kept on-scroll or separate page. Of course that is up for debate - people want frozen eggs on-scroll to complete 'families' or for dividers; others would probably like them separate, to keep them away from adult-only scrolls or maybe to prevent clutter.

GoN issue is the only problem I see. I wouldn't be able to collect anymore than 1 piece because I only have one more slot for a GoN. But if the summon action could still be used in someway to obtain more pieces - then that would be okay. Idk ^^

This is a pretty cool idea. I don't care whether the collected eggs on the regular scroll or on their own scroll, but I think this is a clever new idea to nab those pesky egg sprites. smile.gif

I like this, but what about holiday dragons?

What about them ? It would just take longer.

I actually like this suggestion and see promise in it. I like the thought of having to collect egg shards to recreate the egg. Something to do besides haunt the cave constantly. All for it.

cheese456 said:

I like this, but what about holiday dragons?

I was thinking that you could get them during Christmas, since most (to not say all) are a good-nature breed they can have more possibilities to get fragments of, like 10% or 20% more (which means from 44% to 72%), of course the problem remains with new released holiday dragons since you can only have 2 CB and cant breed them until next christmas... The same applies to Valentine dragons.

Tigerkralle said:

I like this idea.

I want to freeze the gorgeous eggs from Falconiform Wyverns. wub.gif

I know the chances are odd but what happens if a user is so lucky and this happens:

Total amount of summoning: 3

Total amount Guardian of Nature on scroll after summoning three times: 3

blink.gif  It COULD happen.

Mayby we can found fragments of eggshells in the wilderness?

Collect the fragments similiar to collecting mana but not all over DC but on certain sites? All biomes, the AP and the wilderness appears on my mind.

Well, this can help solve the problem above and also the GoN problem: all year round you can get pieces of each dragon (except of course holidays, valentines and halloween dragons) in the wilderness, AP and the biomes, but during holidays, valentines and halloween you can get fragments of the breeds of those events (during those times they will be a lot more common than other fragments), and then when the new dragon is released you can get the pieces of that breed, being more easily found in the biomes. But I have something against this: the fragments can move segments of the page (just like the mana shards did) and that can be very annoying, specially if you are AP or cave hunting, so this must be an on/off option and/or the fragments only appear in parts of the page that doesnt affect the distribution of it at all, like the bottom of the page; also they must be more rare than the ones you get while breeding, like an egg of the festival of eggs, but even more rare (a lot more).

I hope I made myself clear enough with this one.

xeyla said:

I would like the option to have the eggs on my main scroll, so I can use them as dividers.

Mmmh, this is a problem... I can see how this can work one way or the other, but not both ways :/, maybe when you get all the pieces of an egg and after using the "Combine" spell, it asks you if you want it in your scroll or in your egg collection? its just an idea, but I seriously dont know...

If there's a badge--perhps there could be a "trophy" system to it as well. If you have more eggs reconstructed from shards, you could get a better badge.

Upon thinking about it more, I think it makes more sense to just be able to find egg shards in the wild or in the biomes somehow rather than trading. I could see trading go completely INSANE with that and I want this to stay as simple in-cave fun.

Egg shards could maybe show up like items do during the holiday scavenger hunts? Edit: haha someone already had this idea. It can be annoying when text moves, but maybe they could be coded to show up in a particular spot on the page? There will be, in essence, an egg shard slot?

I have a question--would there be just one egg of each breed, or would we be able to reconstruct as many as we want of each breed? There's pros and cons to each option

Another edit:

Pros and cons to on scroll and of scroll. I know some people like having all progressions of a breed via frozen hatchlings, and having a reconstructed egg can add to that. However, I also like the option of having them in a separate little display. Both have merit to be honest. Maybe we can just leave that one up to TJ wink.gif

Edited by Angelina Gienah

GoN issue is the only problem I see. I wouldn't be able to collect anymore than 1 piece because I only have one more slot for a GoN. But if the summon action could still be used in someway to obtain more pieces - then that would be okay. Idk ^^

Maybe something like that: every summoned GoN would give you exactly 1/3 of the eggshell. If you already have one, two or three adult GoNs on your scroll, every one of them would have one fragment of eggshell somewhere on the "Actions" page, ready to be picked up. GoNs are powerful dragons, so I suppose that it's safe to assume that their eggshells contain some magic - and that's why GoNs could keep them even as adults.

In that way, every player should be able to reconstruct the whole egg without trading fragments, searching for them in the Wilderness etc.

The main downside I see to this is that unless the shards are collectible from the wilderness or somewhere else, it would force you to raise quite a few more of each breed in order to get the egg collection. Some people limit the number of each breed that they collect. I guess once the egg has hatched, though, you could abandon or trade the hatchling and still have the egg shard. Still, I would kind of hate to have to give up egg slots -- a lot of them -- over a fairly extended time to get a complete collection of eggs.