TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

I'm actually pretty sure the Solstice hatchlings always had blue underwings? At least looking at the wiki, that's the case... the encyclopedia also only has blue-winged hatchlings.

Since the Solstice CB release was the first year we were sure we'd be able to get more than two the next year, I didn't do my usual one adult-one frozen hatchling thing, so sadly I can't check my own scroll to make sure. But I'm pretty sure the wiki people woudn't have replaced a hatchling image smile.gif

Yeah, you're right, they did only have blue wings as s2s. Although I think I saw Odeen mention that the hatchie sprite might be updated too to indicate blue or blush wings...? (Which means I'll probably need two more frozen s2 Solstices next year! xd.png)

Yeah, you're right, they did only have blue wings as s2s. Although I think I saw Odeen mention that the hatchie sprite might be updated too to indicate blue or blush wings...? (Which means I'll probably need two more frozen s2 Solstices next year! xd.png)

If they get updated I'll need to freeze some more hatchies as well, haha. Oh well, only time will tell!

Thanks for the update, TJ and Odeen! smile.gif

Also had no idea of the uneven hour for the glory drakes. tongue.gif

I can't recall when mine were bred! xd.png But that's okay. I don't care that much about the change. Though, it would be neat if they changed color according to the time of the day, kind of like noctures.

So when the hatchies grown wings we are able to tell what we've got? unsure.gif That would be fantastic! wub.gif

Or do we have to wait until adulthood to see the wing pattern? huh.gif

I am confused know.

Am I the only one the liked the new colour of the Solstices?

Thanks, TJ!

So this means I do have a chance for at least some of my beloved rosies, yesss! No idea when I got mine, but I'm rarely on during DC nighttime, so it's likely I acquired mine during the day... dang. (I just plain don't like the blue wings.) But the off chance is still there.

All in all though, I'm really glad to see the rosy version is not completely unavailable, and that I can now reasonably plan for next year smile.gif

No, lots of people like them; some even like them better. People just wanted advance notice of the change, and the ability to still acquire the rose-winged variety.

I like them, I just like the rose wings more. Which I think is how a lot of the people who asked for rose wings back felt. biggrin.gif

No, lots of people like them; some even like them better. People just wanted advance notice of the change, and the ability to still acquire the rose-winged variety.

Well I personally Loved the change. I understand what you are saying about the notice. I hope mine all stay Blue :/

Same here, I DO like the Blue-winged ones, but if there's a way to have both then I'll wait the 27 minutes or so to breed my Solstice.

Thanks for the changes and the update TJ.

I like them too, especially how the gold bits show up on the blue wings. That said, I liked the blush wings too, and am glad that we all now have a chance to have both.

Personally, I don't think this was necessary, but you're the boss.

I like both, but I selected some of mates for the lighter color in particular, hope they will stay light... I can't for the life of me remember what time they were bred! And I hope my two GoN/solstices are the same color. Although they are obviously both females, I was planning on using both for a single higher-gen lineage. But I do like the time frames for breeding them, rather than random chance as for nebula's, at least next year I will know what to plan for!

Thank you TJ, I'm really glad that we now have the ability to get both Solstices (although I had two CB blush-wings anyway) and I'm ESPECIALLY grateful that a decision was made and was made and implemented fast to stop the discussion.

The retroative part is not my favourite (and my only wish is that the two of my 3 bred Solstices who share the same lineage either BOTH turn or BOTH stay blue, which according to Murphy they certainly won't) but I'm just glad that we got a decision and this is behind us in a pretty satisfactory way all in all.

Wait, is the raffle still going on? o: ( I'm really dumb and I'm sick right now so idk ) Or is it just this? I mean I'm fine with no raffle because these are great changes <3 but I was just curious

Wait, is the raffle still going on? o: ( I'm really dumb and I'm sick right now so idk ) Or is it just this? I mean I'm fine with no raffle because these are great changes <3 but I was just curious

Yes, as far as anyone knows, but there hasn't been an official announcement yet. Maybe this weekend? (C'mon TJ, just tell me I didn't win again already! rolleyes.gif)

Ok now to wait and see which ones were bred and when. Because I don't remember and got a few from the AP. >_>

Also waiting on the raffle. It's officially in the window of prize winner announcements (8th-12th) so hopefully sooooooooon!