TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Very neat. I do have a question for the spriters and conceptors though. How did this new solstice come about? What gave you guys the inspiration and the idea?

Very neat. I do have a question for the spriters and conceptors though. How did this new solstice come about? What gave you guys the inspiration and the idea?

"New" Solstice? I don't understand.

Thanks for this option to choose colours in the future. I have no idea when the eggs I traded for were bred too. It should be interesting. I like both variants but i had some lineages specifically planned for the sunset / rosy version of one of my favourite sprites. i'm glad i can plan for next year if they don't colour as originally thought.

This is a very good compromise for every one well thought out as we can still trade for the colour variant that we need if we don't live in the right time zone.

haha funny i never noticed that about the glories either. mine are usually CB day glories.

thanls for the updates - watches new 2G solstices curiously.....

Edited by velvet_paw

Didn't even notice this new news thread until just now. xd.png

I think it's great that we're getting rosy wings that aren't caveborn. Those who missed out on their release can still get them.

But I'm not sure I like the mechanics as most who bred and caught solstices this past holiday weren't planning to catch them in specific times fro specific colors. If it were my choice, the nocturn mechanics would be more preferable.

Like everyone else, I'll be watching and waiting tonight to see how my solstices turn out. I have no clue when any of them were bred so it will certainly be a surprise. smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the blue wing was originally intended to be the standard, I don't remember how the rest happened though.

Hmm, I have one solstice that would be best if wings stay blue, two that I'd like to see change to rosy, and the last one does not matter. I can work around any of them though, so there won't be anything drastic. Anyway, thanks for the update, and so very much looking forward to the site re-design.

A wonderful compromise. Thank you. I love both of them and can see some amazing lineages being produced with both of the colours available.

QUOTE (

Odeen)

The original Solstice Dragon had blue wings. That was how I envisioned the breed, and the sunrise wings were only added very late in the design process on a whim and originally intended only to appear on the spriter alts. Jaz and I decided to submit both the colored and blue versions to TJ to decide which of them he wanted to release because I liked both equally; he liked both, too, so we came up with a way for both to be used.

I want to make it clear that the blue is not a "stripped down" version of the CBs. It is what the Solstice dragon was meant to look like: a wintry blue sky with creeping frost, snowflurry markings, and a crown of warm light promising an end to the cold. The CB version is not a souped-up version of the blue, either. I like both equally, or I would not have offered both.

From this thread, for anyone who didn't get the blue vs rosy memo

But I'm not sure I like the mechanics as most who bred and caught solstices this past holiday weren't planning to catch them in specific times fro specific colors. If it were my choice, the nocturn mechanics would be more preferable.

The unfortunate side effect of the compromise, but well, better half an apple than none at all in this case. I am please it was done, regardless if the linages get a bit slagged as a result because now, we know where we are at, and things can fix itself for next year's breeding period.

This is also proof, the People were heard and some manner of compromise was met. Thank you TJ and Odeen for hearing us out. Thanks for taking in conisderation of those who loved the blues and craved the rosey, and thank you for coming up with a suitable compromise. I know it won't be perfect this time around, but it should work nicely next round.

Oh... dear.... I hope I have some blues left after this >>; I like glories, I suppose.... Never seen the Angel's wings kill anyone, though, so I don't see why it was an issue now. But thanks anyways?

Oh... dear.... I hope I have some blues left after this

I do, too.

I honestly can't remember when I snagged my dragons, or when I bred my two CB's... It'll be fun to see if they change. smile.gif

The unfortunate side effect of the compromise, but well, better half an apple than none at all in this case. I am please it was done, regardless if the linages get a bit slagged as a result because now, we know where we are at, and things can fix itself for next year's breeding period.

Indeed. Even getting roses is a wonderful thing.

When people found out about the two different wing colors, I started bracing myself for the drama that occurred with the snow angels. It's great that there wasn't much with the solstices. And a nice compromise was quickly established.smile.gif

Ahaha, great to know that this change will make my blue dragons possibly magically have swirly swirls all of their wings. :X

Not that I had any adults showing off their beautiful colors, but the baby Solstice looked adorable with those tiny little blue underwings!

Yay, happy for the Solstice change! A bit disappointed we won't have an option for this past year's adults... because I have some I'd specifically like Rosy and some are fine as Blue... but I have no idea what time they were bred. Not the end of the world if I have to wait for next year to restart the lineage plans.

Ahaha, great to know that this change will make my blue dragons possibly magically have swirly swirls all of their wings. :X

Not that I had any adults showing off their beautiful colors, but the baby Solstice looked adorable with those tiny little blue underwings!

I'm actually pretty sure the Solstice hatchlings always had blue underwings? At least looking at the wiki, that's the case... the encyclopedia also only has blue-winged hatchlings.

Since the Solstice CB release was the first year we were sure we'd be able to get more than two the next year, I didn't do my usual one adult-one frozen hatchling thing, so sadly I can't check my own scroll to make sure. But I'm pretty sure the wiki people woudn't have replaced a hatchling image smile.gif

I'm on the forums all the time and I still managed to miss this yesterday.

In any case, thank you, TJ (and Odeen!) for the alteration on the Solstice. I have no idea if any of mine will change (and hopefully at least a couple of them will), but I'm just happy that we'll all be able to breed both varieties during future Christmases. smile.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You guys. YOU GUYS. Now we get to have both!! This is fantastic news!

Thanks so much TJ and Odeen! This makes a sick little Alora very happy. happy.gif

Woot! This is fantastic! My Solstices can be awesome too, because I didn't start DC until September 2014, so I couldn't get CB ones. (Not saying that the blue wing pattern is bad, I just like the night pattern more)