TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

I have a feeling most if not all my Solstice are going to be blue. Hoping some of them turn out to be rosy winged. But I'm fine with it either way, both sprites are gorgeous.

I think most if not all of mine will be blue. Perfectly okay with that. Actually, that's what I want to happen, as I have CBs already.

Yay! Thanks for the news. For me Solstice colour lottery sure will be fun, no idea when they were bred %) But I'm totally happy to have a chance for both colours, Solstices are so beautiful in both.

Awesome, thanks TJ.

I like how I immediately come to the first page on DC and see there is an update in the news section and can just click it and BOOM! I'm here.

Well, I have no idea what color wings for the Solstice I'm gonna get. >___> This is exciting. [/waits impatiently to see] I'm fairly certain that the one I bred is going to get rosy wings because I only play DC at night... but my AP finds on the other hand <____<

Ditto this. *rubs hands gleefully*

Because of the timezone I'm in, I won't have to stay up nearly as late as I thought I would. This is so exciting! I really hope I get those beautiful night sky colored wings. If I do, I can make my first linage project! The problem is that I have to wait until Christmas time again to breed it. Ah well!

I'm glad all the newbies and newcomers that will join our community this year will be able to acquire both colours of gorgeous Solstices.

And that i who wasn't online on DC in December 2013 can get a rosy winged. I was so upset when i discovered the colourchange and that i will never ever be able to get the most beautiful Holiday Dragons. Now my only one that i found in the AP will get rosy or i have to wait until december. *purrs like a pleased cat*

And that the Night Glory Drakes have one hour extra time will explain why i got a Night Glory when i expected to see a Day Glory.

I love you Odeen and TJ for this update! thumbs_up.png A clock that shows me the in-cave time. wub.gif

I really like how a lot of people did not notice the wing color change until they actually were told. This compromise I like though and it makes sense with the sunset like colors to be bred at night c: not sure what I will get when the changes occur though xd.png

Sounds like the CB Solestices are safe from the change, good thing. I hope at least one of my breeded ones have plain wings.. I think I got them all during the same time and I think it was night...

Even more people bred planning on Rosies, though; the earliest blue wings didn't grow up until at least five days into the seven day breeding week, so (presumably) more Solstices were bred for pink than blue.

I really wish a one time optional convert button could've been used. Since dragons only show date laid, not time, there'd be no visible discrepancy to confuse anyone, either.

But eh, as others have said, I'm mostly just glad that rose wings will be coming back. One lost year of lineage plans is a heck of a lot better than an eternity without pink wings... especially when some of said lost plans might be saved. Fingers crossed for two of mine to go pink, other can do as she wants. xd.png

I bred one 2nd gen specifically because I thought that pairing looked good with blue wings. I mean it looks fine with the Rosy wings (which I suspect I will end up with) but I wouldn't have bothered.

So yes, while I'm not a fan of breeding windows I can live with it & as I said I like both sprites. I am not fond of it being retroactive though because unless all my 2nd gens go the same colour (unlikely) it will mess up my plans.

Can we maybe take the lesson that if there are going to be changes of some sort to previous holidays there is advance warning?

Ooooh, I'm so happy to see this!! I had picked the other parent to match the wings of the Solstice, and was super disappointed when I got only blue wings. I do love the blue wings, but not for the ones I had thought would be normal. Thanks TJ!

I bred one 2nd gen specifically because I thought that pairing looked good with blue wings. I mean it looks fine with the Rosy wings (which I suspect I will end up with) but I wouldn't have bothered.

So yes, while I'm not a fan of breeding windows I can live with it & as I said I like both sprites. I am not fond of it being retroactive though because unless all my 2nd gens go the same colour (unlikely) it will mess up my plans.

Can we maybe take the lesson that if there are going to be changes of some sort to previous holidays there is advance warning?

I'm considerably less happy about most of my current blues NOT going to the Rosy I thought they were going to be, but I totally agree with the last line. And the thing is... The problem is less that the wings are blue, and more that 5 days passed before we had to *find out on our own* that the adult sprites were different! Had we been told on the 19th that there was a different Sprite for 2nd gen Solstices, I wouldn't be unhappy. I still would have tried to get Rosies back, but I wouldn't have lost so much of the lineage work I did with Solstices. I'm sorry, but this lineage just does not have the same impact with the blue wings: http://dragcave.net/lineage/4Btu9 and had I known of the change, I would not have bred / traded for it.

Please, by the stars above, please take this lesson to heart:

We will adapt.... IF we are given ADVANCE warning of such major changes... And give us that warning.

Cheers!

C4.

Cool, I wonder what my dragons will turn out like, I have no idea when I caught them anymore. xd.png Thanks TJ and Odeen!

I hope this topic stays open long enough so we can all tell if our dragons changed or not! Now I'm getting really excited to see. I have no clue what time of day I got my Solstices.

I like this change in the solstices. I will wait to see if I got from the two forms. Thank you, TJ! smile.gif

I hope this topic stays open long enough so we can all tell if our dragons changed or not! Now I'm getting really excited to see. I have no clue what time of day I got my Solstices.

^^This! I can't wait to see if there will be changes on my Solstices. Hopefully, there will be!

The one Solstice of mine for which I would much prefer rose wings was bred during the day, I remember. :/ Ah well. I'm happy either way with the other four, but https://dragcave.net/lineage/26jmd is just not as pretty with the blue wings.

That said, the ability to work with this change going forward is exciting.

Thanks very much for the changes!

And now i'm super curious which colours my dragons will get.....