TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Yay for most of it, huge boo to it being retro on the Solstice. People have bred lineages incorporating the new blue color and depending on when their eggs were bred this could throw them all out of wack. It would have been better to have it in effect going forward, or an option to opt out of the retro part. I like my blues.

Even more people bred planning on Rosies, though; the earliest blue wings didn't grow up until at least five days into the seven day breeding week, so (presumably) more Solstices were bred for pink than blue.

I really wish a one time optional convert button could've been used. Since dragons only show date laid, not time, there'd be no visible discrepancy to confuse anyone, either.

But eh, as others have said, I'm mostly just glad that rose wings will be coming back. One lost year of lineage plans is a heck of a lot better than an eternity without pink wings... especially when some of said lost plans might be saved. Fingers crossed for two of mine to go pink, other can do as she wants. xd.png

thank you TJ though i am hoping that my solstices stay blue...i like both and bred mine so i could have both colors

I didn't even realize the night glories had an extra hour... Might explain why I have had a harder time getting day glories... Shows how observant I am. tongue.gif

As for the Solstice change, I think that is a great compromise. Now to see what I get, since I have no memory of when I bred what this year, it was kind of an erratic schedule this time around. biggrin.gif

NO NO NO!!! Please NO!

I LOVED the new color in the bred Solstice dragon!!!!!

And now I am afraid that I am going to lose that! =( =( =(

Do to real life, I rarely ever get on during daytime hours so when I bred my dragon I am pretty sure I did it at night. Is there any way that I can tell what the time of day was?

And if the change does take place retroactively, and since the dragons are not breedable anymore until a WHOLE YEAR from now (aprox)....and the chances of remembering that long from now....

I really REALLY don't want to lose the the new coloring =( And I really really don't want to wait another 350 or so days to hopefully remember to try and get it back =(

PLEASE can we give people the option to have their's changed somehow...please please.

I love my 2014 Solstice just the way they are! *cries* =(

Interesting... Love both Solstice versions, so glad to have a way to plan in the future.

Well I am certainly having mixed feelings about the Solstice change. But, as with anything else, you really can't make everyone happy.

I had no idea that the Day/Night glory drakes working in a rythm that was slightly uneven, heh, but glad to see it fixed in any way. Even though I live in Europe and the DC-time is skrewed up for me anyway ^^,

I'm glad to see the Solstice change. I do adore the pure blue wings, but the rosy ones are my favorite and I'm glad to see I'll be able to work on my lineages again next year and that new members will be able to grab a hold of those gorgeous sprites as well smile.gif

A big thank you to you TJ and Odeen for working out this problem smile.gif

but but but i like my blues sad.gif now i have to wait a year before having a chance to see them again? sad.gif

Well, if my bred Solstices turn rosy, I'll release them. I bred them for an Avatar checker and tried to make ALL of the first generation look different than the rest. That obviously won't work if the second generation is also rosy.

I never ever ranted on this forum but now I will. Because this change for the solstice dragons makes me angry. Why does the change have to be applied to the already existing dragons? Why not apply it next Christmas when everyone has a chance to decide what the dragon will look like by breeding it at the right time?

Due to a gifting mistake I only have one bred solstice dragon now, and I love its blue wings. No idea when I bred it (due to me being in a totally different time zone) but if its colour changes now then I have to wait one year until I can have the blue one on my scroll again at all.

And at the same time not everyone who wants the rosy wings back will actually get them back now anyway, so in the end TJ might have more unsatisfied players than he had before.

The change in itself is a good idea, giving people a chance to have both sprites. But when you make it an active choice which sprite people will get in the end, then you shouldn't apply it to those dragons who were bred when there was no way to choose as no-one knew that the time of breeding would be important. It was a conscious decision to make them blue then. So they should stay like that until next Christmas and then everyone can decide how to go on.

Some people complained, and the rest who liked it but didn't say a thing has to deal with the consequences now. I get that some people play this game for breeding lineages. Well, I play it by collecting all the different sprites. I think both ways should be equally respected.

I have no idea how my Solstices will turn, but I like both versions so it is not a problem smile.gif

...I didn't even realize Glory drakes had that problem laugh.gif

Thanks for this. That DOES explain a couple of weirdnesses I've had with glories xd.png I had no idea.

And thanks also to Odeen, for working with you on the Great Solstice Issue. I've no idea which I will get, but anyone who isn't happy can easily rebreed 11 months from now.

ETA Actually someone makes a good point about AP Solstices - will there be an indication which is which from the egg page, as there is for glories ? So we can collect what we need and leave others for those who need THOSE ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yeah, sure. Almost whole year to fix a problem - one chance every 51 weeks. I'll just stick with other breeds for the future.

Yeah, sure. Almost whole year to fix a problem - one chance every 51 weeks. I'll just stick with other breeds for the future.

YES - but that isn't as long as it feels right now. I find it far less of a problem than miscolouring nebulas - where you have NO way to tell in advance, no way to plan sad.gif The agony goes on and on and on and is out of my control. I have SO many of these it isn't funny...

http://dragcave.net/lineage/338at (Yes OK she gave me a green eventually - but there are MANY others from MANY other pairs...) And that isn't even as bad as my red nebbie with Winter Magis one.

One chance every week; sure - and 52 potential screams of despair every year. EVERY lineage has its pain. And at least solstices don't ever refuse in season.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I am on the "nice, but please not retroactive" - side

I picked a nice egg up from the AP, bred another to start a desipis/solstice lineage, now I can only hope,. they have the same wingcolour...

I support a one time button to have this reversed.

What I would now reeeeally love to see, would be a clock on dc, maybe in the encyclopedia or help. I know there are many people screaming, no spoiler and all, but this would make things more easy if there would be an indication, that now you catch a nightglory, hatch a sunset, nocturne are blue and solstice will have blue wings, etc. I know this is for lazy, different/changing time zone people, but I would really like to see it in cave, so it is reliable.

What I would now reeeeally love to see, would be a clock on dc, maybe in the encyclopedia or help. I know there are many people screaming, no spoiler and all, but this would make things more easy if there would be an indication, that now you catch a nightglory, hatch a sunset, nocturne are blue and solstice will have blue wings, etc. I know this is for lazy, different/changing time zone people, but I would really like to see it in cave, so it is reliable.

TJ has said that the site update will have a day/night indicator.

Thank you for the news TJ! ☺

I'm glad all the newbies and newcomers that will join our community this year will be able to acquire both colours of gorgeous Solstices ♥☻

Also thank you for the upcoming day/night indicator, it will be really helpful; I always had troubles with Day/Night Glorys and Sunrise/Sunset Dragons... Still don't have wished amount of pairs unsure.gif

I'm not sure if I like the retroactive thing about Solstices, as I have no idea when my 2nd Gens were bred...

I managed to get 12 2nd Gens from Banded http://dragcave.net/lineage/dN2xg

wanting to make a big checker...

1 from Winter, 1 from Silver - all These I'd prefer to stay only blue...

Don't mind about the 2nd Gen from Gold though...

We'll see.

I get that some people play this game for breeding lineages. Well, I play it by collecting all the different sprites.

And some people play for sprites in specific places of lineages. It's not THAT different laugh.gif

@lilysally: Yeah, I'm also afraid I might have bred mine at the wrong time ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

What I would now reeeeally love to see, would be a clock on dc, maybe in the encyclopedia or help. I know there are many people screaming, no spoiler and all, but this would make things more easy if there would be an indication, that now you catch a nightglory, hatch a sunset, nocturne are blue and solstice will have blue wings, etc.  I know this is for lazy, different/changing time zone people, but I would really like to see it in cave, so it is reliable.

There's a clock showing DC time on http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/

it's been there for a Long time

EDIT:

Also I'm wondering if it will be possible to see what time an egg was bred in the future, as I rely much on AP catches and gifts/trades during the Holiday season... As eggs can be on '7days' for a whole day (from what I understand), it has not been clear so far.

Edited by lilysally