TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Thanks for the head's up TJ, can't wait for a raffle announcement.

That's pretty cool. My Solstice was given to me, so I have no idea when it was bred. Seeing which variation it is will be fun.

And thanks for fixing the Drakes, too!

I for one, am very disappointed by this news for the Solstices!  I really like the blue wings, and I bred both of my CBs at night... and all but a few of the ones I picked up out of the AP were also picked up at night - so I will be losing most of my blue winged ones!!  This will definitely mess up my plans... And it will definitely impact collecting in future years - no way to know when eggs are actually bred!

I appreciate TJs efforts at appeasing the few people who complained about this, but - I'm sad to see this happen!  The squeaky wheel gets the grease - guess DC is now no different!

Squeeky wheel here to add my thanks for the update and the compromise. I still wish we would have had a choice about changing our dragons now (ie, the one-time opt in per dragon) - since most of us who actually care which color whatever lineage produces would have taken the time to make sure we bred at and traded for eggs that were bred within the appropriate timeframes had we been informed that breeding windows were even a thing for these lovelies - but this is far better than no change at all. I guess it's another year's wait to get my lineage plans set into action, but I certainly do appreciate that we will be able to collect (HOARD!!!) both sprites. I really hope this sort of thing never happens again to such a limited breeding dragon, and that if it does it's announced well in advance so people can plan around it.

Also, thank you for the update on those drakes. That makes far more sense, and I am sure there are several hoarders and new players alike in the community breathing a little sigh of relief. xd.png

Edited by Riannon

Yeah I have no idea when my Solstices were laid, so they could be either color. There are two I can't really replace and I hope they both go rosy, but other than that I'm not terribly fussed and I'm glad we have two pretty sprites to get.

Also, the Glory drake timing was silly.

Yay! I'm so glad that we've avoided another retired sprite :D Can't wait to get me blue Solstices next year; both of mine will turn rainbow :P

Edited by PieMaster

Didn't notice the Solstice color change until now. I like both colors.

I for one, am very disappointed by this news for the Solstices!  I really like the blue wings, and I bred both of my CBs at night... and all but a few of the ones I picked up out of the AP were also picked up at night - so I will be losing most of my blue winged ones!!  This will definitely mess up my plans... And it will definitely impact collecting in future years - no way to know when eggs are actually bred!

I appreciate TJs efforts at appeasing the few people who complained about this, but - I'm sad to see this happen!  The squeaky wheel gets the grease - guess DC is now no different!

And I was extremely disappointed that the ones I collected, expecting them to be pink, weren't pink, as it messed up my plans. I guess my complaint is just me being a squeaky wheel while your complaint is valid, though? <___<

Also, it's easy to tell when eggs were laid, just not hatchlings. Just calculate back to when 7 days was for them in EST and you have your answer. Incubate only removes a full day, so it won't confuse night / day changes.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Wow, thank you for the quick fix! I was expecting to have to wait on this for a long time.

Of course, some of our bred solstices are going to end up with the opposite wing color from the way we wanted them now, but that's OK... now that the mechanism is known and is not random, we can each breed them just the way we we like them next year. It's a good compromise IMHO.

Cool, this will make breeding Solstices really fun next year! It will allow a wider, more awesome bred lineage ability. I can't wait to see how mine end up!

Also, I never noticed the extra hour on the Glorydrakes. That's funny. xd.png

Thanks! Now to see which my solstices end up being... *rubs chin*

I feel a little silly. I actually did not notice the different CB/bred Solstice wings. That is cool though; interesting possibilities for lineage breeding.

Don't be embarrassed, I didn't either until people pointed it out! I personally don't mind which type I got this year. :'D

Yay. It will give me something else to do next December, that is get freezies of both types (and adults if my new adults become coloured).

Awesome! I'm honestly not too affected by either of these updates right now, but it's nice to see them in place anyway. Thank you!

Thanks for the updates. The glory drake problem is solved! That drove me batty and I kinda gave up trying to breed the darn things. tongue.gif

Thanks for the update on the Solstice, my self bred one looks like she will stay blue which is good. Her name would be off it it changed. The two I traded for don't really matter on wing color and I sure didn't track hatchling time left on traded ones, haha.

Wait the glories werent on 12 hour windows xd.png i like the solstice ideas yet i have no clue what time of day my ap eggs werebred

Good this means my solstice/sweetling checker won't look funny after the first gen. smile.gif

Nothing against the blue ones, but limited sprites should not undergo changes like that.

This is really cool! biggrin.gif I don't know what my Solstices will be, Blue or Rosy, but either way it'll be a cool surprise to see which way they go! (I ended up liking both versions so I'll be fine either way^^)

And I don't have any Glory drakes yet, so I didn't know that about them. xd.png

I realize you can not please everyone all the time, but I am very pleased with

the compromise on the Solstice wing colors. Thank you for working out a

solution. And I like it being retro.

Edited by grammydragon

It's always disappointing to have to throw a fully grown dragon away when they alt wrong, but in the end it's not a big deal.