TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Hmm, I'm going to have to find replacements for most of the second-gens I bred or traded for now... most of them went the wrong way. But now that there's a consistent mechanism and I know what it is, I can plan to make it work the way I want next year. That's ok with me, I can be patient. :-) Thanks for at least giving people the option to have both!

Of my seven 2Gs, four are now rosy and three are still blue. I'm happy and a little bummed, as the only two I cared about changing to rosy stayed blue.

Ah well, I'm more happy than anything else. biggrin.gif

*huggles dragons* It's okay if your colors clash, I still love you.

Edited by Draco Knight

Mine both reverted to rosy. smile.gif

And my four s2 hatchlings look as they always did, so no changes there.

Thanks, TJ and spriters, for making both options possible.

The one Solstice that I picked up this year turned rosy; guess I should've grabbed a few more!

Regardless, I'm glad that everyone is able to collect both sprites now (even if some of us have to wait till next Christmas to make that happen). smile.gif

Thanks TJ! I got a couple rosy wing Solstice dragons now! I was hoping I would get at least one.

Both my second gens changed.. Now I have 4 of the rosy winged Solstices. XP rebreeding for lines next year, siiigh. xd.png

Awwww.

I caught four solstices so I was reasonably confident at least one of them would have blue wings and I could be satisfied with my collection.

Apparently I was wrong xd.png They're ALL rosy wings.

That sounds great. Though I feel a little silly because I didn't even know the Solstice's had different sprites. Guess I'll have to catch one next year so I have one of each!

Only one of mine stayed blue, which isn't that surprising considering the fact that I'm a night owl and always have been. Oh well! I'll have to hunt for more day-born Solstices next Christmas, it seems. The differing wing colors does nothing to my desire to hoard them obsessively, at least.

5/5 stayed blue sad.gif

Oh well, it doesn't change the lineage that much, but I was hoping for at least one non-CB red tinged one. Going to have to attempt for more red ones next Christmas.

It seems while I was trying to fit in this Holiday Event with my work schedule, it forced my breedings to be at night, and I guess my AP finds too, and now .... I was sooooo looking forward to a blue this year, and they are all gone.

I want to just say I appreciated the original attempt and was so excited that for the first time, I actually got to have a "special" dragon on my scroll. I see all these older players with their rare and prize dragons I can never have, or maybe one day have, and I see them actively using these dragons in trading to help get what else they want. And also to gift. I thought it was really special I finally too had a "special" dragon and that it celebrated those of us who were THERE The first year. I mean, I get the rest of you being disappointed and totally see that you weren't informed. But I feel you were really mean about it. I appreciated TJ and Odie's original attempt, and now I don't even have 1 darn blue. Thats ok, I'll just know to plan better next year because, as we know, if there are variations to be had, I want a line with all the variations! And when I have these lines, I like to make them freely available to anyone whose willing to request it.

I am glad a compromised was reached, but I am in the minority being personally bummed that I don't have a signal blue baby on my scroll. However, there is next year, and you better believe I'm gonna get all those variations and am so excited to have variations!

Edited by natayah

I had 2 bred Solstices, one stayed blue and one went rosy. Fine by me!

Lol, yeah. Survey sez: Inconclusive! xd.png

The two frozen ones I have I both breed myself after 5pm pacific (I keep track of when I breed things smile.gif), so night time DC time. They look the same as before.

So I think I've confirmed the hatchlings haven't been changed yet.

I'm happy, Solstices are some of my favorites and so I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to get any blush winged ones as I missed the CBs last year, but I got 2 of each color biggrin.gif Will be fun to breed next year!

Since I love both sprites, I was a little disappointed to find that all my solstices changed back to the original sprite - would've been nice to have at least one blue. At the same time though, at least now any checkers I make will be consistent.

Oh I hope the change went thru cause I still got my Blue Winged and I so wanted it to stay!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like the one case where I wish we COULD trade adult dragons... xd.png

@Merlot: The change happened last night, so if it's still blue it'll stay blue. Gratz! smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I am glad a compromised was reached, but I am in the minority being personally bummed that I don't have a signal blue baby on my scroll. However, there is next year, and you better believe I'm gonna get all those variations and am so excited to have variations!

I really am happy an agreement was reached on Solstices, & I want to say Thank you to Odeen, Jazi & TJ for it. I am very happy that this girl now matches her mama & will have an appropriate mate come this Valentine's breeding, but it looks like the rest of my blue wings ran away during the night. None of my girls are going anywhere, though! I'll just have to hope that I can find time during the day (working first shift makes that kinda hard, though!) to hunt for future blue wings next Christmas.

…and just like that, four of the five Solstices on my scroll have the rainbow-wing pattern smile.gif

Nice. Thank you again, TJ and Spriters!

Jaziandco's spriter's alts did not change color - only Odeen's did.  I do wonder whether or not it was deliberate, though.

EDIT: Wait, they both changed to start with?  Jazi's are definitely normal now.

Well Jazi's as of now are back to Spriter's Alts, but Odeen's are CBs with the Blue Wings. Pretty sure when I looked last night they were blush too, maybe they will be recolored. Would be cool to see different SAs with Blue AND Blush wings biggrin.gif

Edit: Well, they're back to being Alts!

Edited by Areous

Hmmm, a friend of mine told me that her two Pyralspite eggs she caught from Volcano turned purple and orange.

Is this still the glitch working or will they stay that way?

Also:

This project only came up after I caught two and heard that the 2nd Gens turned blue.

Then I asked around and got 12 2nd Gen Solstices, but 3 of those turned back to pink. Not sure what I'll do now, integrate both colorings into a kind of double checker or should I replace those (I'll need more 2nd Gens next Christmas anyway to go to at least 7th Gen).

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=rZN1R

Edited by lilysally

Alright, I guess I'm one of the few who's disappointed to see all of her beautiful blue-winged solstices now have rosy wings. Completely fubars my plans for breeding next cycle. Seriously.

Yeah, I'm happy a compromise was reached, but I'm sad that it's a retroactive change. I liked having my new blue-winged on my scroll's front page, and now it's no longer applicable. Blast. And now I have to wait a year to fix it.

But as I'm in the minority (seemingly), I guess I'll just shrug and toss my silly multi-colored winged solstice girl back onto the rear of my scroll to rot for a few months before she becomes useful to me again.

Sad that Solstices won't be given a one time choice to update or not.

Yeah, me too...of the nine I picked up from the AP, 4 have blue, and they went half and half on the combinations so half of everything will be useless.

Or, I might say the heck with it and just ignore the colors, becuase I really do like both of the dragons and see no problem with Solstice/Sunsong or Solstice/Gold or any other combo, really, to me they are just as pretty either way.

The only one that I am very, very glad went rosy is the Almandine one, because I think that does go better with the rosy winged ones.

I guess I'll have to see if that little bit of OCD kicks in when I combine wing colors in one lineage wink.gif