TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Ooh. I have a pair of solstice checker fodder. Only time will tell if they'll get pink or blue wings. ohmy.gif

Love my blue-winged solstices and hope they were born in the right time window xd.png

Thanks for the updates!

I hadn't even noticed that about the Solstices. I didn't have a lot of time this Christmas so I didn't breed my existing CBs. But that sounds like a great idea to me! smile.gif Thanks TJ!

Really hoping the Solstice I caught turns rosy. If not well there's always next year. laugh.gif Thanks TJ!

I have no idea what way my solstices will go. How fun. I guess I'll find out in a day or so which ones will be which color. Thanks, TJ and Odeen. I'm glad you guys did this.

As for the glories, I never noticed. I guess I always assumed the switch was 6am cave time.

Are news post manually added to the new home page? This one's not there, even after a hard refresh. I thought I'd point that out in case it was supposed to be automated.

oh noooooooooo

I'm somewhat confident that the Solstice I want to stay blue will, but if not, I'm screwed until next year sad.gif

I hate to be that one guy who complains over a good change for everyone else

I guess I was one of the very few people who wasn't upset with the thing. xd.png

Wow. I didn't even realize that about glories. o_O Glad that's getting updated!

Good to hear about Solstice's. I do hope mine stay blue, but both sprites are pretty. ^^

Awesome, good to see that people who weren't here for the 2013 release can now get rosy winged Solstices. I wonder what the ones I bred (but didn't keep) will turn out like? Probably rosy winged, given the 16hr time difference between here and DC. Such a clever idea to implement this using the times as well.

The Day/Night Glory Drake change will be useful. I only have a single pair of Day Glories while the rest of mine are Night Glories as I didn't really pay attention to when they switched. Maybe now that my scroll will indicate phases with the Nocturne dragons accurately, I can get to my scroll goal of 4 per male/female sprite. biggrin.gif

I'm hoping my Solstices will stay blue, but am still glad that they've received an update to be fair to both parties. Thanks for the update, TJ and Odeen. smile.gif

Edited by ab613

I feel a little silly. I actually did not notice the different CB/bred Solstice wings. That is cool though; interesting possibilities for lineage breeding.

Awesome. Thanks TJ. smile.gif

It'll be interesting to see what colour my Solstices are on Sunday. (Since this was my first Christmas here and I don't know when they were bred.) smile.gif

I'm glad to hear about the compromise for the future Solstices. My breedings for this year will not be the way I would have wanted them, but at least now I can fix things up next year. Thank you!

Kinda wishing the solstices thing wasn't retroactive; I basically only play at night so I probably won't have any of the new blue ones. Oh well.

I like the idea a day and night version of the solstice, that's what I thought when I first saw them. I'm just sad I'm going to be losing my blue wings this year, but it makes sense and I do like the idea, I'll just have to remember to breed in the morning next year.

I didn't know Glorydrakes were off by an hour. I guess you would have to breed them a lot to really notice.

I hope my Solstices stay blue, I didn't pay any attention when I picked them up and now I'm worried. The rosey colors are very pretty and I liked them originally, but I immediately favored the blue when I saw it. So glad there's a fix though, I know a lot of people were upset.

Thanks for the Update - never noticed that about the Glorydrakes.

Fingers crossed now that at least one of the Solstice I picked up keeps the Blue wings (the only reason I picked up additional ones was for the new wing pattern).

Eh, if not - there's always next year! Must remember to keep an egg bred in the morning...

I for one, am very disappointed by this news for the Solstices! I really like the blue wings, and I bred both of my CBs at night... and all but a few of the ones I picked up out of the AP were also picked up at night - so I will be losing most of my blue winged ones!! This will definitely mess up my plans... And it will definitely impact collecting in future years - no way to know when eggs are actually bred!

I appreciate TJs efforts at appeasing the few people who complained about this, but - I'm sad to see this happen! The squeaky wheel gets the grease - guess DC is now no different!

I'm glad to hear that drama was sorted out. I hope my Solstice keeps her blue wings though, I quite like them.