TJ09

2015-01-08 - Glorydrake/2013 Holiday Changes

Here are some upcoming changes to how two breeds of dragons work:

The Day and Night Glorydrakes are currently operating on a skewed schedule (and have since their release). The night variant is available for 13 hours, starting at 18:00 EST and ending at 06:59 EST. This will be changing to a 12 hour window, ending at 5:59 EST. This change will not affect any existing dragons or eggs.

The 2013 Holiday Dragons (colloquially called "Solstice Dragons") will also be getting an update. Many users were disappointed to find that the colorful wing pattern was no longer available for non-CB dragons. This will be changing to follow a pattern similar to the Glorydrakes: The colorful wing pattern will be available for dragons bred at night (18:00 EST to 05:59 EST), while the blue wing pattern will be available for dragons bred during the day (06:00 EST to 17:59 EST). Unlike the Glorydrakes, this change will be retroactively applied to all bred dragons (i.e. those bred this past December).

For both breeds, the day/night window should match the day/night window of Nocturne dragons, as well as the day/night indicator on the upcoming site redesign.

The changes will go live in a little more than a day, at 00:00 on Saturday, Jan 10.

Cool! Thanks TJ!

Even though I (personally) did not really care for either or, I am heartened that you care about your users and came up with a rather awesome way to have both Solstice sprites. Thank you for all your efforts put towards this site! smile.gif

Edited by Xythus

Glad to see this. At first I thought it was some user who had caused so much trouble it merited a forum post, so really glad to see that it wasn't.

Edited by sbowen

cool thanks for the heads up TJ biggrin.gif

Whoot! first page.

Well, I have no idea what color wings for the Solstice I'm gonna get. >___> This is exciting. [/waits impatiently to see] I'm fairly certain that the one I bred is going to get rosy wings because I only play DC at night... but my AP finds on the other hand <____<

Yay for most of it, huge boo to it being retro on the Solstice. People have bred lineages incorporating the new blue color and depending on when their eggs were bred this could throw them all out of wack. It would have been better to have it in effect going forward, or an option to opt out of the retro part. I like my blues.

Edited by jocosa

Sad that Solstices won't be given a one time choice to update or not, but mostly just glad that the rosy wings will be coming back. Fingers crossed that mine behave when the retroactive goes live!

Also glad to hear about the night/day glory update, I haven't had issues with it myself but I've seen others suffer from confusion with them, so a fix is good. smile.gif

Awesome! The rosywings are back ^^

I only hope my 2G from Radiant Angel turns rosy...the rest, idc! xd.png Thanks so much. I do appreciate this change, I hope Odeen and TJ knows this!! <3 <3

Yay! *crosses fingers that her Solstices get rosy wings*

YES!!! Sooo good to hear about the Solstice changes and that there is a chance to have the original wings back (also, color options = even better!) Thank you!

...I didn't even realize Glory drakes had that problem laugh.gif

Yes! This is fantastic news!! :'D It's gonna be a huge surprise to see which of my Solstices (if any) change tho considering they were all AP finds hahah I can't wait!!

I never knew that about the Glory Drakes! o: How interesting! Glad to hear it's gonna be fixed!

Hopefully my Solstices mostly stay blue, but if not, that's fine too. I'm glad both variants will be available, though. 8D

Sounds good to me. But I personally didn't care either way.

I thought it was a nice touch that the beginning of a lineage (aka caveborns) would have a different color, kinda like the PENK silver tinsel.

I don't think this will really affect me either way, but I'm glad for the changes! And still way too excited about the promised site redesign. I really hope things don't change *too* much.