_Sin_

Increase the raffle winners pool

exclusives

**gasp!** Don't say that word!

because its not how they were envisioned, they weren't meant to be uncommon or rares, they were created and envisioned as exclusives. They were made this way for a reason. That's kinda why as I see it.

Same.

Edited by MedievalMystic

because its not how they were envisioned, they weren't meant to be uncommon or rares, they were created and envisioned as exclusives. They were made this way for a reason. That's kinda why as I see it.

If I were a betting girl, I'd bet they weren't envisioned to cause any of the problems they do. (See Syphoneira's post above.)

**gasp!**  Don't say that word!

This made me giggle like mad.

Nah I like the exclusives. I mean really. People just need to coll their jets, simmer down, relax, life is too short to kill your self over not being able to get everything you want from a game you personally didn't make or plan out.

If I were a betting girl, I'd bet they weren't envisioned to cause any of the problems they do. (See Syphoneira's post above.)

Of course not, its the fact that people who can't have everything they want how they want it the moment they want it is what caused the problems.

Edited by AnanoKimi

Guess what?  The only think that will make people not be unhappy is for every single player to get a prize.

^ This.

You know what's the best way of not having raffle-related suggestions and drama pop up every month of January?

Not having a raffle. lol

I'm sorry guys but the constant fixation on the raffle during the month of January is just starting to get funny to me

Seriously guys, the main reason (there can be others) why people get upset when they don't win the raffle is because having a CB prize is an immense trading power to complete your scroll (even if X or Y didn't use it for that, the truth is that most traders are willing to give their arms and legs for a 2nd gen). So no matter how much you increase the number of winners, there will always be unhappy losers and harrassed winners. The only ways to stop this are A ) Stop the raffle. or B ) Continue with the raffle, but without special CB raffle-only dragons, basically as if they were all HMs. or of course C ) Learn to live with how the raffle is right now and move on with your life, do it like me and ignore Dragon Cave until Valentine's.

I personally don't enjoy how the raffle is right now, but I don't think increasing the number of winners will change anything

Edited by LaHaine

Hi, Rally Vincent!

Hi! smile.gif My take on this:

I believe that no matter how many prizes are given out, people will not hold back. If four times more prizes are given out, it'll mean four times the possibilities to PM people.

More CB prizes mean higher even gen possibilities, which means people now also could harrass 2nd gen owners to breed them a 3rd gen checker (something that's not very likely right now).

Or in short - more CBs will lead to more of what players here seek to prevent. And on top of that, many players will take it badly that they didn't win even with increased chances.

Honestly thats just saying, "Hey, hey trust me. I got this." But the number of unsatisfied players, stressed out winners, and an overall dislike for the raffle shows that the winner stats are not satisfactory.

^^This.

I'm quite curious about "satisfaction" criteria. In many situations, outside of DC, it is based on feedback. And reading the mountain of posts/suggestions from winners and "losers" alike, I wouldn't say that they are satisfied about the current situation.

The main reason I want to win the raffle is to get that special code I've always wanted, and because I want to troll everyone by NOT giving out 2nd gens ever. biggrin.gif

Also I want to try a social experiment to see how much people would be willing to pay out if they want a lineage from a specific CB.

Anything that'd increase my chances of winning is fine by me. It's impossible to make everyone happy, humans suck.

To be perfectly honest, the prize dragons were never exclusives, as they breed true all year round. The only exclusivity they have is that there is a limited number of CB given out to a limited number of users, but I do have all colors of tinsels and shimmers, and more than a few lineages. Took me longer to get golds and silvers.

Having read more posts, I have to agree with them. People will never be happy. If we give one tinsel to everyone, people will complain about the color. If we release them in cave, people will complain about the drop of value. If we don't do anything, people will continue complaining that they can't get a CB, or that the 2nd gens are so expensive. If...

Heh that sounds like tons of fun to be honest. Yeah humans are not exactly very nice but heres hoping something can be done to calm them down i not hush them up a bit so we can enjoy our game~

I don't know how many players are actually dissatisfied by the present raffle system. The fact that threads like this come up every year doesn't equal "many dissatisfied players". I'm not dissatisfied. I get my entries, I hope to win. It doesn't take up much of my time. I don't worry over whether I win or not. And, when it's over I hunt the AP for prize eggs. Just because many who feel like me don't normally post in threads like this doesn't mean that dissatisfaction is rampant.

To be perfectly honest, the prize dragons were never exclusives, as they breed true all year round. The only exclusivity they have is that there is a limited number of CB given out to a limited number of users, but I do have all colors of tinsels and shimmers, and more than a few lineages. Took me longer to get golds and silvers.

This!

I have an assortment of shimmers, for example... just no 2G.

Having read more posts, I have to agree with them. People will never be happy. If we give one tinsel to everyone, people will complain about the color. If we release them in cave, people will complain about the drop of value. If we don't do anything, people will continue complaining that they can't get a CB, or that the 2nd gens are so expensive. If...

Call me strange but I never understood why so much grievance over not being able to have this that way and that this way and all of this together like this and that and its just, Why are ya'll over complicating yourselves? an thats coming from someone who has to have her crayons in alphabetical order and get irked at even one missing color or disorganized mess.

I mean jeez I can understand not getting an exclusive because when I had come back from a hiatus I had on this site I learned about tinsels and shimmer scales and was like "Dang, I missed out. Oh well. I'll just collect whatever of them pops up in the AP." I never thought of badgering people to breed me what I want. I mean no one is telling you not to want it, but don't walk around expecting you have a right to having what you want just cuz you can't have one. really.

An increase in winners would just be over all nice. I like the idea of including more people into being able to win something nice. That's not a bad idea, but yeah lineage builders and collectors need to cool their jets and just realize that not having one does not entitle you into forcing people to breed you babies you want for your gain for your own personal reasons.

I support this! Anything that increases the winner pool is okay with me!! Seriously, I feel like most problems that lie with Prizes is how extremely rare the lower gens are. And of course the CBs. If there's more CBs to breed then the trade monopoly of 2Gs will lower...hopefully? xd.png

Either this suggestion or even increasing the amount of raffles held would be ideal for me. Like a raffle for Xmas and one on DC's bday? I'm pretty sure there's another thread out there for that though...

I really dislike the raffle because 1. it limits what people can do (lineage wise) on a game that's always been do what you want, be able to get mostly everything and 2. it's destroyed the trade market. There's a 'high tier' of CB Metals, 2gs from Spriter's Alts, Neglecteds, 2g Thuweds etc and in most cases people want 2g Prizes only for them and CB Prize owners only want to trade for them. So instead of having a (fairly) balanced trading economy and ability to work your way up to most of everything, most of the goods are sequestered away in a small minority of the user base.

That's why, even if it won't solve all issues, I'm in favor of more prizes. Because any significant change in the raffle beyond that is unlikely to happen, even if it's what I'd prefer more.

this thread really took off while i went out.

Yeah 1% does not seem all that terrible an increase. But how many active players are there? If there is 1 winner per 100 users? I am actually thinking the current ratio is not bad persay.

for 150 winners, that would be at roughly 15000 active users. Which honestly, I can't see that there would be that much more actively playing at any given time. If an increase is to allow more users, I'd think 2% that could potentially double the chances as opposed to possibly reducing it, which I think could happen.

I admit my math skills suck, but really I think 2 per 100 people would be fair.

On another aspect how would the chances be divided up across Prizes, gold HM and the other two metals.

1% chance to win HM and the rest broken up across the other types?

I don't know how many players are actually dissatisfied by the present raffle system. The fact that threads like this come up every year doesn't equal "many dissatisfied players". I'm not dissatisfied. I get my entries, I hope to win. It doesn't take up much of my time. I don't worry over whether I win or not. And, when it's over I hunt the AP for prize eggs. Just because many who feel like me don't normally post in threads like this doesn't mean that dissatisfaction is rampant.

You do have a point. Normally, indifferents will not post in these sort of threads.

In my case, I am dissatisfied. Not by the raffle mechanics, I couldn't care less. The first time I entered the raffle, after loosing, I shrugged and went on with my projects because, having a tinsel or not having a tinsel will not change the fact that I enjoy doing other things with the huge number of beautiful dragons we've got (many of which are, in my eyes, prettier).

I'm dissatisfied because, four years into the game and a huge part of it keeps revolving around these six breeds. Sure, I'm going to admit it isn't as bad as the first two years, when there was even a separate thread created because tinsels were so prolific that was pretty much everything you saw on trade threads. But trading nowadays seems divided in two levels, low grade trading, which covers pretty much everything uncommon-common, and high grade trading where all rares are.

In the past you could sell your scroll for a CB gold, that is, you could trade, I don't know, 60 CB pinks for a gold. Now that's impossible. You see 4 CB golds up for trade and the trader asks for second gen tinsel, no other offers.

Same with the suggestions. Being fair, there is a huge number of other suggestions, but considering the rest of the dragons, the percentage of suggestions concerning prizes is baffling. The suggestions evolve into drama, and the same arguments are tossed back and forth over and over again.

I don't want a CB tinsel. I just want this situation to end. I want to be able to trade without thinking my money is from another country and doesn't have any worth here. I want to see drama come to an end.

Like Fuzz, I'm with her wishing raffles had never come to be.

An increase in winners would just be over all nice. I like the idea of including more people into being able to win something nice. That's not a bad idea, but yeah lineage builders and collectors need to cool their jets and just realize that not having one does not entitle you into forcing people to breed you babies you want for your gain for your own personal reasons.

To be honest, I'm not sure its lineage collectors-breeders. I used to want to collect all original tinsel lineages but I'd rather have a longer gen (no longer than ten to appreciate the original breeding pair), than a shorter gen. Of course, that pretty much means the worth of an offspring of mine is pretty much nothing.

Most people who want short gens do so because the worth of a third gen is still high, so they have breedable-tradeable stock.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Well if CB prizes were the issue I think the next big trade market destroyer would be ND's I've wanted one for a god while now but never took up offers for them because an IOU for an IOU idk. There will always be something that skews the market, something that makes it so you can't have it all unless you can cough up the goods required for it. If its not Prizes it ND's if not ND's the 2nd gen Hollies and the sort, etc etc. Something new will come up. Something else will throw it all off. There will never be a balance. So the illusion that this or their absolute removal or never having been introduced would fix all of that is just setting your self up for about as bad of a disappointment as thinking you will absolutely most definitely win this time around.

Again anincrease is not a bad ide, heck starscream made a good point on kicking it up just a smidge would be nice and a little fair, but none of the issues people have with this will get fixed until they calm down, take a step back, and just try to play the game as best they can.

Letting your self be goverend by what you cannot have is no better than letting your self get depressed because you can't be a billionare, or you can't be as pretty or handsome as that person, and the such. We can't keep letting these things just eat at us so much.

Yus.

Well if CB prizes were the issue I think the next big trade market destroyer would be ND's I've wanted one for a god while now but never took up offers for them because an IOU for an IOU idk. There will always be something that skews the market, something that makes it so you can't have it all unless you can cough up the goods required for it. If its not Prizes it ND's if not ND's the 2nd gen Hollies and the sort, etc etc. Something new will come up. Something else will throw it all off. There will never be a balance. So the illusion that this or their absolute removal or never having been introduced would fix all of that is just setting your self up for about as bad of a disappointment as thinking you will absolutely most definitely win this time around.

Again anincrease is not a bad ide, heck starscream made a good point on kicking it up just a smidge would be nice and a little fair, but none of the issues people have with this will get fixed until they calm down, take a step back, and just try to play the game as best they can.

Letting your self be goverend by what you cannot have is no better than letting your self get depressed because you can't be a billionare, or you can't be as pretty or handsome as that person, and the such. We can't keep letting these things just eat at us so much.

Yus.

The nice thing about those breeds, though, is anyone can make NDs (even if it's hard), and Hollies multiclutch every Christmas, so at least some people can get them without having to trade.

Plus, since Hollies breed only one week a year, you can get over the disappointment somewhat quickly. While 2g Prizes can tease people who really want them 24/7 all year round. xd.png

Yus.

Actually, before the trade market was devoured by prize dragons, trades were very varied. You could find trades ranging from; have CB gold, want 2 CB silvers, to, Have CB gold, want, 50 CB pink hatchlings, to wanting specifid lineages, etc.

It was more balanced.

Actually, before the trade market was devoured by prize dragons, trades were very varied. You could find trades ranging from; have CB gold, want 2 CB silvers, to, Have CB gold, want, 50 CB pink hatchlings, to wanting specifid lineages, etc.

It was more balanced.

I have to confess I don't recall seeing trades like your second example ever. :/ And I would have liked to; back then a CB (or even messy horrible bred) Gold was way out of my league.

I have to confess I don't recall seeing trades like your second example ever. :/ And I would have liked to; back then a CB (or even messy horrible bred) Gold was way out of my league.

I've traded for a CB Gold for 60 Zombie fodder hatchies before. Also traded for one for... 6? SW x Marrow eggs.

I've traded for a CB Gold for 60 Zombie fodder hatchies before. Also traded for one for... 6? SW x Marrow eggs.

That would be recently, then? Because to me it feels like CB Golds and Silvers have become rather more numerous in recent years, whereas I think DNH is referring to back before we had Prizes. And back then, all I can remember is that even bred metals traded for silly money and CBs were basically impossible to trade for unless you owned a CB Holly or could make CB NDs (I hadn't learned to then) or could catch the equally invisible CB Blacks.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Hi!  smile.gif My take on this:

I believe that no matter how many prizes are given out, people will not hold back. If four times more prizes are given out, it'll mean four times the possibilities to PM people.

More CB prizes mean higher even gen possibilities, which means people now also could harrass 2nd gen owners to breed them a 3rd gen checker (something that's not very likely right now).

Or in short - more CBs will lead to more of what players here seek to prevent. And on top of that, many players will take it badly that they didn't win even with increased chances.

Lol, it would also mean 4 times as many breeders - assuming that the ratios were at least correspondingly increased - ultimately not only producing 4 times as many 2nd gens, but 3rds and 4ths.

Certainly, it'd still be virtually impossible for people to get on lists, but things would be at least somewhat alleviated and perhaps CB owners would feel less pressured to accept more people than they could handle, knowing that there were more and other options for them to try.

If harassed, there's the report button, and one thing I was wondering about earlier, in another thread:

suppose there were a special thread started, where the early-bird get-in-there-first-and-fastest requesters could be advised to post their offers, listing what they wanted and had to offer, so that the new winners could (privately) select whatever offers they'd like to take at arms length, without having so many people packing their inbox with trade offers?

People WILL want to get in on potential new Prize lists ASAP, before they fill - but probably a lot of winners will already have a list, and/or personal plans, and might want to take on only one or a few offers at a time.

In any event, the numbers of CB's likely, no matter how much increased, cannot possibly fill the demand for 2nd gens - although this might make winners perhaps feel less targeted, as well as enabling winners interested in trading for dragons they may have been unable to obtain previously to pick and choose among offers without having to post and publicly advertise their win.

I would think that something like this would enable people to get that fast offer in, even if very few still could be accepted, without flattening new winners beneath quite the level of the absolute inundation previously received by people posting wins and perhaps make life and adjustments a little easier all round.

After all, one of the nicest things about the Raffle concept was that winning didn't depend on connection/computer speed, but could randomly happen to anyone.

It just didn't happen to enough anyone's to avoid creating rather a lot of difficulties with which almost nobody, apart from TJ, seems very 'satisfied', lol.

If anyone seriously thought they had a real chance of winning - even theorizing an unlikely 10 times increase adding another drop in this year's bucket - they need to look at the odds.

It's unfortunate if some people are disappointed - but why do other people get upset at the thought of this occurring?

There are kids playing here who might not understand the odds and have their all-too-serious hopes crushed - if they do, why not let them express their disappointment and move on?

Their hurt probably isn't helped by people being upset about it, and I don't see why they would be...???

They were not as frequent but they existed. Golds and Silvers used to be out of my league too before lineages. Thanks to lineages and the importance of them, I was able to get my very first two male and female sprites by trading, I don't even remember what, but something. tongue.gif

Cb are still out of my league. I can't hunt, I don't have short gen prizes, oh well. xd.png

To be honest, the only reason I'd want them is to gift in gifting threads. The last few silvers I've bred all went into Breeding Gifting.