JBluewind

The Valentine Breeding Brainstorm

Sorry everybody! I have a killer headache, so I will have to wait until this evening to update, but I still wanted to give everyone the heads up that rule 1 has been edited for clarity...

1) This thread is for discussion ONLY! Please do not discuss trading or gifting in this thread including offering to breed eggs or asking for eggs.
Edited by JBluewind

Denwayasha: I know! That is one of my favorite Valentine '09 mates. For THIS beauty (not messy, just atypical even), breed a 2nd gen pb Sunsong with Ribbonfeather or Peonyheart, influence the egg to be female and you have a mate for your Sweetling for this year! For a perfect match for next year, breed a cb Rosebud or cb Arsani with a cb Purple to create a 2nd gen female valentine. Breed her (off season) with a pb 2nd gen Sunsong male. Influence the egg female for a mirror mate.

Oh I guess I had forgotten about him! lol

I just bred him a Sunsong mate! :) It won't be a mirror (because of my personal scroll goals I'm only collecting 3 of each Valentine's breed) but hopefully whoever catches the babies from the AP will like them. :)

Edited by Denwayasha

2015 Voting Rules

1. Any votes cast on the 26th will not count.

2. You can only vote ONCE

3. You can only vote for ONE favorite mate per Valentine dragon breed.

4. You can change your mind and edit your vote as many times as you like before the deadline.

5. Please vote for your FAVORITE combination and not just the ones you want to find mates for.

Winning mates get a mark by their name in the OP.

Note: '09 wont be included this year since it was already voted polled. 2015 will be voted on in a seperate ballot once it is released. If the votinf is successful, I will try to do it again next year.

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling:

Alt Sweetling:

Rosebud:

Heartseeker:

Arsani:

Radiant Angel:

[COLOR=fuchsia][B]VALENTINE 2015 Ballot[/B][/COLOR]
Sweetling: 
Alt Sweetling: 
Rosebud: 
Heartseeker: 
Arsani: 
Radiant Angel: 

Edited by JBluewind

Dewdropmon: Do you have any examples of them I can post?

I put these together with the templates so kindly provided by VampiricOmen.

'09 Valentine x Trihorn

Sweetling x Trihorn

Rosebud x Trihorn

Arsani x Trihorn

I know that the poses probably aren't "ideal" for most of them but I just love how the blue and brown and white looks with the pink Valentines. The trihorns are one of my favorite dragons in general because blue and brown are my favorite color combo. ^^;

I'll be breeding:

- Rosebud x Nhiostrife

You know, this has made me think the the Nhiostrifes also would look good with any of the pink Valentines and not just the Sweetlings.

Edited by Dewdropmon

Valentine '09 poll ends in 3 1/2 hours. A mod will them be taking it down so I can put up the Sweetling poll. Results will be put in the OP, so vote soon!

Here's an example of alt sweetling x carmine, which is another upcoming project of mine I almost forgot about. laugh.gif

And the poll is closed! I messaged Ruby Shoes to take it down. Sweetling poll will begin once the '09 poll is down. Updates will come later.

RESULTS

Winner: Almandine with over half the votes!

2nd place: Deep Sea with 1/3rd of the votes

Honorable Mention: Daydream and Moonstone

Edited by JBluewind

My favorite for '09 is Black Tea, definitely. But I guess second place would go to the Flamingo. (:

I don't have a favorite for Sweetlings...

But for Rosebud, I'm not sure. Moonstone is surprisingly pretty. White is good, too... but I dunno. Don't really have a favorite.

Heartseeker: Either Black Tea, Sunstone, or Crimson.

Arsani: Black Tea

Radiant: I don't know. Lumina?

So yeaaah... you can probably tell I adore the Black Tea dragons. (:

There are no examples for most Valentines with Daydreams, and as a proper Daydream hoarder & lineage enthusiast, I think it has to be fixed >:]

For the record I think all of these look really pretty, especially the more pink Vals. *not sure if biased* I just have a weakness for blue with pink, it's the bubblegum/cotton candy combo~

Sweetling

Rosebud

Heartseeker

Arsani

Radiant Angel

Rosebuds with Terrae are very cute too. And Heartseeker with Water or Pillow <3

@PieMaster:

Whoever catches a sibling to the ones you breed will be a very, very happy fellow indeed ! So lovely ! wub.gif

There are some examples I have which I couldn't find so far:

Valentine 09

+ Waterhorse, Earth/Green, Guardian

Sweetling

+ Blue Nebula example The black is a nice contrast to the light colours of the Sweetling, while the blue highlights still fit the rosy hues.

+ Moonstone 3rd gen example This was already mentioned, it just looks so great.

+ Skywing example

Rosebud

+ Shadow Walker example The poses match, and the colours do as well. It's a bit like flowing veils and sweet fragrances...

+ Winter example

Heartseeker

+ Shadow Walker example The colours, the poses, the overall awesomeness of the sprites... *sigh*

+ Royal Blue example see above, only with stronger colours

+ Coastal Waverunner example This one surprised me greatly. Would never have thought of Waverunners, but love it.

+ Grey example The elegant understatement of the Greys brings out the splendour of the Heartseeker.

+ Solstice example Matching colours, matching poses - matching antlers !

+ Water example The most vibrant red and blue of all DC - and they look great together !

+ Harvest example Another unexpected "wow" moment for me.

+ Tricolor Snow Angel example For those who are fortunate enough to have a Tricolor scroll. (not me sad.gif )

+ Magma or Blusang

Do I prefer the Heartseekers over the others ? Oh, well...

Arsani

+ Yulebuck example

+ some blues like Ice, Tsunami, Royal Blue

+ Water example So common, but such a beautiful blue. wink.gif

+ Silver example Quite elegant, for those who prefer muted colours.

+ Thunder, Green Nebula or Stripe

Radiant Angel

I have no real idea so far, except the Solstice.

Other Lineages

- SweetlingxMoonstone-checker + MoonstonexRosebud-checker example

- SweetlingxGrey-checker + RoyalBluexRosebud-checker example

There are no examples for most Valentines with Daydreams, and as a proper Daydream hoarder & lineage enthusiast, I think it has to be fixed >:]

For the record I think all of these look really pretty, especially the more pink Vals. *not sure if biased* I just have a weakness for blue with pink, it's the bubblegum/cotton candy combo~

Sweetling

Rosebud

Heartseeker

Arsani

Radiant Angel

Rosebuds with Terrae are very cute too. And Heartseeker with Water or Pillow <3

*high-five!* Any of the Vdays just look good with the daydreams! biggrin.gif Pretty sure at least 1 of my 2 CBs of each Vday is gonna be a Daydream/Vday pairing.

My Valentine from 2009 is a 2nd gen with a daydream father and I think the combo looks amazing.

I adore matches such as those, then I like rosebuds with silvers, sweetlings with silvers or almandine pyralspites, radiant angels with golds and gold shimmerscales (my sister has an amazing gold shimmer x radiant angel stairstep hatchling), and also Heartseekers with red nebulas and arsanis with cavern lurkers. wub.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

OP Change: Links after each of the mate examples in the OP have been updated by Vamp to be easier to access.

I will add the new suggestions to the OP tomorrow as I'm currently spending time with my family. I'm loving everything that is coming in though and kudos to everyone who submitted a lineage that was original! Those are always my favorite happy.gif

Because getting the poll down took a bit of time and people kept on voting past the cutoff, I decided to award 2nd place to both the original 2nd place Val '09 mate (deep sea) and to Daydream which had 2nd place before the poll was removed. Because the likelihood of this happening again, I have decided to start a ballot for all the others. '09 wont be included this year since it was already voted on in a thread poll. 2015 will be voted on once it is released. If it is a success, I will try to do it again next year. I will put the form at the end of the OP as well.

This vote is to help undecided people know which dragons are good options not only for this year's mates, but for future lineages. It will also help breeders know what to breed this year.

Voting Rules

1. Any votes cast on the 26th will not count to give people enough time to prepare for Valentine breeding season.

2. You can only vote ONCE

3. You can only vote for ONE favorite mate per Valentine dragon breed.

4. You can change your mind and edit your vote as many times as you like before the deadline.

5. You can 'campaign' for your favorites by posting why they are the best on this thread or adding something to your siggy/profile. If you want to get crazy creative and created a banner or artwork, I will add them below so everyone can check out your creation happy.gif

6. You CANNOT break thread rules. Keeping the discussion civil, light, and on topic. This thread is about finding the best mates for our Valentine dragons. Keep that in mind.

7. Please vote for your FAVORITE combination and not just the ones you want to find mates for.

Winning mates get a mark by their name in the OP.

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling:

Alt Sweetling:

Rosebud:

Heartseeker:

Arsani:

Radiant Angel:

[COLOR=fuchsia][B]VALENTINE 2015 Ballot[/B][/COLOR]
Sweetling: 
Alt Sweetling: 
Rosebud: 
Heartseeker: 
Arsani: 
Radiant Angel: 

Edited by JBluewind

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling: Silver dragons

Alt Sweetling: Red dragons

Rosebud: Daydream dragons

Heartseeker: Red nebula dragons

Arsani: Cavern lurker dragons

Radiant Angel: Gold dragons

Just one question - why aren't '09 valentines included?

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling: Nhiostrife Wyvern

Alt Sweetling: Undecided

Rosebud:Tri-horn Wyvern

Heartseeker: Solstice

Arsani: Undecided

Radiant Angel: Blue Undine (Example since there aren't any yet.)

Yeah half are undecided. I'll update when I have decided.

Seriously though Sweetlings and Nhiostrifes just look amazing together! And I've decided I'm definitely breeding rosebuds with Tri-horns this year! Might do a Sweetling x Tri-horn lineage next year if this year's dragons aren't all pink or all pink and white like the Sweetlings and Rosebuds respectively. Radiant Angel lineages have lots of promise but it needs just the right mate.

Edited by Dewdropmon

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling: Moonstone.

Alt Sweetling: Carmine.

Rosebud: Almandine Pyralspite.

Heartseeker: Whiptail.

Arsani: Silver.

Radiant Angel: Golden Wyvern.

So many lovely pairings to choose from, so these choices might just change. But I think these are the ones I look forward to the most this year. :3

VALENTINE 2015 Ballot

Sweetling: Black

Alt Sweetling: Pink

Rosebud: Daydream

Heartseeker: Gold

Arsani: Daydream

Radiant Angel: Gold

Some of these are just gorgeous. If I could, I'd vote for Daydreams for the regular Sweetlings and Gold for the Alt Sweetlings, too. So hard to decide. *.* I have decided that Daydreams, Nhios, and Waterwalkers look good with almost everything. xd.png