RavenWolf1010

The Light and the Dark

((You got it!))

Lillith gritted her teeth from finding out about the presence of a demon in the city, her fists clenching in annoyance with the idea that the demons would be able to detract her from her plans. That's when she had another idea as her fists loosened and opened up-- why fight them and instead recruit them? This made her very delightfully devious from the mere thought of it, to which she gave a sly grin at the potential of bringing demons to her side, even if it would be brief.

That's when Lillith straightened up her shirt collar and calmly headed to a nearby alleyway, hiding from sight of the mortals and then removing her copper bracelets from her right wrist for them to return to their snake forms. She snapped her fingers for them to encase her and attach to a metal pipe, slinking upwards to the roof of the building.

"Well now, this is an interesting sight," she coolly spoke to the two figures on the roof, reforming into her normal appearance and the encasing melting off of her to reveal herself and her copper snakes. "Please, do continue. I love compelling explanations."

Vorgin took a step back and pulled out his sword, "Damnit, what do you want here?! This isn't your city... angel..." He got nervous as the dark power radiating from her was close enough to a demon to be confused with one, but close up, fallen angel had a feel all it's own.

Lillith simply gave a coy smile to Vorgin before snapping her fingers for her snakes to recoil with their jaws open and copper fangs out in case he was about to attack. "At ease, my friend," she spoke again before walking over to him and Sarah, though at a distance from the demons, "I am not here to fight, per se, but to talk. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lillith, relatively well-known among the angels and the arches. I happen to be here in the city, looking for what was once mine, but my fighting skills are not like what they used to be back before your time."

"Yah? Well I'm a little new to this game, and I'm not to fond of angels, fallen or not. I really don't feel like dieing again soooo..... No, to your offer. Whatever it is. I really could care less, I just want to rip some wings of for killing me in the first place." Sarah said coldly her breath frosting the air as her tail lashed and struck the abandoned building roof making a gash in the concrete, a webbing of ice spreading out a little ways from the line.

Vorgin kept his gaze on Lilith, "My girlfriend here was killed as a human by some Angels... So excuse her hatred. As a fallen, I'm sure you are not on their side, but I know the danger your kind poses as well, so trust will be an issue. With that being said, speak your mind."

Lillith only raised an eyebrow at Sarah before responding to her and Vorgin, "I haven't even told you the context of what is going on." Then she began to explain with the copper snakes forming into life-sized figures of people, "You see, many years ago, I was once proud to be an Angel. My abilities to control metal at every whim, from forming a crown fit for a king to a blade fit for a slay, was well-known among mankind and fellow Angels. But my prized weapon, a copper dagger that could shift its blade to any kind its owner wanted, served me well in the days of battle."

Next one of the copper figures, a female figure with small wings, went to her knees with anguish as the wings were cut off, and Lillith continued, "But then... all of this changed when I was branded as Fallen, my wings were removed, and my dagger was confiscated, before I was sent to live among the mortals for the rest of my days until the end of time. I had planned to retrieve my dagger for when the war broke out, but my strength is limited into retrieving it."

Then the copper figure shifted into two male figures before shifting into a female figure as Lillith continued, "The only person that could lead me to its location has passed on, as did his successor. His son's successor, on the other hand, still lives and I require her help to find it." Then the second copper snake formed into another male figure as Lillith continued, "She is guarded by her knight, one appointed to her by her father before his passing. That is where the two of you come in."

Finally, the copper snakes shifted back into their original forms and looked over at Vorgin and Sarah and Lillith concluded, "I need you to lure the knight away from the girl so I can enlist her help in locating the dagger."

Vorgin blinked, "...And as for the cliche question, what do we get out of helping you get your dagger? As for a less cliche one, what do you plan to do with this weapon once you have it?" He crossed his arms, this sudden request already made him suspicious.

Sarah fluttered her wings up to Vorgan's height and whispers in his ear. "And I get the feeling we die either way...." She landed and glared at the Angel, half hidden behind Vorgan's wings.

Lillith knew that demons were hard to work with, and these two were no exception. But a promise to lead the Angels that killed Sarah to their dooms is a plausible reward for their work, especially if she would most likely to terminate the rest. "The reward is worth the risk, I can assure to you this," she answered to Vorgin calmly, albeit in a friendly manner, and explained to the demon, "If you work with your part of the bargain, then I will work on mine. I can help you locate the Angels that killed your girlfriend so that the two of you can exact revenge. It won't be easy, but we can be even if I did that for you. And my plan to use the dagger once I retrieve it? That is classified information if you want a less cliched answer."

"Um... yeah.... their already dead. Vorgan killed them. I never said about getting revenge, just ripping wings off. I don't trust you. You have a smooth way of talking like you're trying to make a contract to take our lives. Not gonna happen lady, find yourself a couple other suckers. I'm sure you can find a few."

Lillith frowned when given this information. The disadvantages of no longer being an Angel seemed to be glaring-- no longer receiving information of who is killed-- so there's always a backup plan. "If I must tell you, then one thing you'll need to know about the Angels would be that there will be more that will go after you," she further explained, "But if you want to be pinned down by stronger Angels, especially ones that knew of those you've killed, then be my guest. I certainly would not want to tell you more about the consequences." With that, she began to leave.

Vorgin yelled out, "You still didn't tell us what you want your dagger for. I understand it's yours... But if you tell us what you plan to do with it... Like killing Angels and demons that we share a common enemy with... Then you might want to speak up."

When she heard this, Lillith paused and her true feelings began to unveil-- a cold bitterness underneath her sly features. The mere fact that what was rightfully hers was taken away from her unfairly for her crimes and temptations that led her to follow behind Lucifer, the worst fact of all, only brew that bitter storm. It was that bitterness that she was hiding from those around her, but she knew that she would have to reveal it one way or another.

Then she looked over at Vorgin and Sarah with this resentful look in her eyes and responded in an indifferent tone, "I plan to use my dagger to go into battle once more and execute those that has wronged me: Angels that have accused me as a traitor, former battle allies that have turned the other cheek when I became a Fallen, every last one of them all. If they can not accept my apologizes, then I will not accept their forgiveness in return." She was sincere with her words as her copper snakes hissed with jaws extended open.

Vorgin pondered for a moment before speaking, "As much as I don't care about your life issues, I'm not one fore angels. If you can give us a tiny extra incentive to help you, other than just killing angels, I will consider taking your offer and taking it more seriously." At that moment, Shadow appeared and began sniffing Lilith's foot.

That gave Lillith an idea about it, though she minded Shadow sniffing her foot, to which she said to him with pondering, "Then tell me what you want out of this deal. Give me what you desire and, rest assured, you will receive it in the end."

Edited by BabyRodent

"Us? You're forgetting I still have human attachments. She'll probably hurt this girl she's after, kill her when finished with her. I don't like anyone who thinks they can pick on someone lesser then them. If you make this deal, your on your own you selfish lowlife D-grade fire demon. " She hissed at Vorgan and flew off landing on another building, ice forming where her feet touched.

Vorgin sighed, "Out of all the things she said, the only one that was wrong was D-Grade..." He retrained his attention to Lilith, "I want in return for you to give Sarah something SHE wants. Your choice if you do that before or after we get the dagger." Shadow looked up and grew some wings to fly up to Lilith's face, sniffing her nose and then sniffing the snakes.

"Very well, then," Lillith spoke before snapping her fingers for her snakes to return to her and form back into puddles of copper again, "Tell me what Sarah wants and I will keep my word for her to receive. But only after you get the dagger."

"I thought I was luring some knight away from a girl that you were going to question for the daggers location. You never said I was going to get it." He questioned, Shadow fading into the shadows and followed Sarah. When it got to her, it wrapped around her neck and purred.

Frost creeped up on the creature. She petted shadow and sighed heavily. "He is no different from the other men. Women never hurt me only men have, but I'm not heartless... to let someone hurt someone who can't stand up for themselves. I don't need him anyway. I should just sever whatever bond we have. This is why I don't trust men.. " She said, tail lashing around. She would cry, but she was tired of that. Her new demon side said to cut all bonds. But her human soul still longed for him and was hurt by his deal with this woman.

Ice had spread over the roof top and was seeming in the heat. She held Shadow in her hands and petted him. "Things where a little easier when I couldn't get angry. I have so much pent up... it's hard not to snap at the smallest thing."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"You did say 'we'," she responded to him with seriousness, "But, yes. You are going to lure the girl's knight away from her so I can move in to retrieve the dagger's location. The rest will be up to me." Then she snapped her fingers for her copper snakes to form into her copper bracelets onto her right wrist again.

Vorgin twirled in the air, "I got it... Well when do WE start?" He was still a bit perturbed that Sarah ran off.

Shadow looked up at Sarah with a sad look. It opened it's mouth, "M...Mm...Mmo... Mom... Mommy?"

"Tomorrow is when we start," Lillith responded with her arms crossed before taking steps forward to Vorgin, "In the meantime, find a map of the city, memorize it well, and rest. The girl and her knight are within the city, but it will take more than mere luck to find them. Do you understand?"