ouma

Have you ever noticed an inbred dragon too late?

Here's my little story of "The Circle of Forest Life", ny Neotropical.

A couple of eggs hatched so I went to the AP to find me a nice little egg. Being the nice person I am, I saw an ER egg and grabbed it. I spammed it on some clicksites and it hatched in 15 minutes! So I waited and waited until it grew. Today, I started pondering about why someone left that egg like that. It's lineage was a MESS. So I searched through it and found it pretty clean. NOPE. I ran it through Allure of Neglected Dragons's inbred checker. She came up with 7 dragons, all appearing twice. She's severely inbred, my poor thing. I don't know what to do! She's a big character I role play with, I love neotropicals, and every one of my friends adores her!

Here's a little question for all of you: Have you ever found an egg and raised it, loved it, and then find it's inbred?

EDIT: Oh great...my magi egg has 35 repeated dragons. That's really strange and severe.. But yet again I really need that Magi.

Edited by Kaytiee

If I pick an egg because I want it I don't care if it's inbred. So - no ! I have loads with more repeated dragons than that xd.png

Wow. I've been observing some vampires with really big lineages. One I found had 83 repeating dragons, three of them repeating 14 times..

Wow. I've been observing some vampires with really big lineages. One I found had 83 repeating dragons, three of them repeating 14 times..

I BRED one which has 1107 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

I love it.

I have to say that I actually don't care-I love all my dragons equally!

I started this lineage by mistake, but shrugged and decided to continue it.

I don't like inbred and messy lineages, but inbred even-gen/spiral/stairstep is all fine to me.

Edited by Ansela Jonla

I use AoND's Inbred Checker for random lineages I pick up that I might want to continue/add onto mine: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Inbred.php

Then if I do want to pair it up with a matching checker then I use a lineage comparison here: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.php It'll highlight if there will be any inbreeding, but you have to mark the checkbox o3o

I only do inbreeding for checkers, but only things like hybrids where you can't normally obtain a CB of it. Same with prizes o3o

For example: this. Now if I could get a shimmer out of the pairing tongue.gif

I had my 'oh' moment years ago when I joined a lineage project that was honoring the lagmonster. It required eggs that were caught during the time the lagmonster hit and I had two black eggs I got from the AP, both of which hatched alt and gendered male and female.

So I paired them up and they made a nice black egg. I offered it up on the thread, but no one wanted it. I forgot what I did with the egg, but I never bred that pair again and left the project (what's the point if no one wanted my eggs?).

Much later, when I went on a 'inbred dragon purge' spree on my scroll, I discovered one of the pair was badly inbred. So that's why no one wanted it....*sigh*

Since then, all eggs I pick up from the AP go through the inbred checker on AoND, if I can't find obvious inbreeding myself.

I had a duh moment and inbred one of my Hollies this year http://dragcave.net/lineage/470e4 so to anyone who got one of the other babies, sorry.

So did I, (and the poor giftee who picked that mate,) completely failed to notice that too many Jollys were involved in the breeding - could have SHOT myself if only I'd had a gun handy...

I'd also like to apologize to anyone picking up an egg from that fiasco, although I suppose they're still good for Freezing.

When I was a noob I accidentally bred a sunset dragon mother with her son... :'D Imagine my dismay when I discovered about a year later that I abandoned the egg.

Doesn't matter to me, in fact I like to inbreed dragons purposefully for lineage purposes. Like this.

Edited by Lady Artemis

Why don't you rename the inbreed neotropical and give its name to a non-inbreed one?

I have several inbreed dragons on my scroll and it usually is no trouble. I even have a very lovely inbreed striped dragon that I found in the AP, who is as artistically inbreed as some of the examples above. This year however I planned to have an 8th even gen mate for my second holly which I aquired last year. I found I actually had a 7th even gen dragon on my scroll and worked on creating a mate for that 7th even gen. Then, close to christmas I decided to do an inbreed check on the two of them. Turns out the 7th gen dragon I was counting on was inbreed. And I was out of time to raise another one. Well, the holly I wanted the 8th even gen for wasn't completly even either, so I just mated with a cb, but I certainly wish I had checked sooner.

Edited by Laura-Lana

I like inbred dragons. When they're not messy.

I don't like messiness in general all my Inbreds are carefully and deliberately bred except when I forget who's what gen or forget they're related. I have accidentally inbred a few dragons messily. Oops. sad.gif

Edited by Cireth

Doesn't matter to me, in fact I like to inbreed dragons purposefully for lineage purposes. Like this.

Nice. smile.gif

I have two IB lines I really like at the moment.

My Avatars of Creation and my Royal Blue x Royal Crimson checker.

My Avatars of Change are getting there too. smile.gif

Edited by Cireth

There is more than just even-gen for planned inbredness: http://dragcave.net/lineage/87HfP laugh.gif

That's great! It the first time I've seen a spiral with the same CB male and CB female.

I did split staircases with the same CB male and CB female, then mixed them after 10 gens. I continued it one more gen, but the original CB male and CB female are cut off on that last generation, so it isn't apparent that the whole thing started with just 2 dragons.

I dislike the idea of pixelated animals being disliked for the fact that someone that didn't know and/or didnt care inbred their dragons. I tend to hunt the cave more often than not mainly because I want to try my hand at a complex checkered lineage that is gonna run so far back, but I love hunting the AP especially during holiday times because so many cute and unloved messies just stay there and rot. Its a bit sad.

So as a side note I would love to add that if anyone in this thread find a messy and/or inbred dragon they can more than gladly contact me and I will breed you 2nd gens of the rares and other dragons I have in exchange for those cuties. You can also just send them via transfer if you don't care and just wanna give it away.

There is more than just even-gen for planned inbredness: http://dragcave.net/lineage/87HfP laugh.gif

I've already seen (and have a pair) or even gen planned inbred dragons, but this one is something... WOW! ohmy.gif

Kaytiee, if you like your neotropical even if it has a messy lineage, and you don't need it to have a very nice and clean lineage for trading its offsprings, I don't see why you shouln't like it if it is inbred.

Maybe you can consider it like a member of a noble/royal family, where they often married between cousins smile.gif

Edited by Iside

I did split staircases with the same CB male and CB female, then mixed them after 10 gens. I continued it one more gen, but the original CB male and CB female are cut off on that last generation, so it isn't apparent that the whole thing started with just 2 dragons.

That's an awesome "comb" there smile.gif