padfoot

Dayrise

"I see...," Fulbright respond slowly, debating in his mind. "I can't deny a resident the ability to make their rent's payment," he started. He clasped his hands behind his back, watching the young female for a moment. "Very well. You'll have your sixteen coppers each month. Consider this a trial period. Over the next few months, I will decide if your position will be permanent. You will start tomorrow morning at 7. I will not tolerate tardiness. You will be shown around and instructed by Crabbe and Goyle tomorrow. Any mishaps after the first month can be cause for your immediate termination and you will be sent home. Am I understood?" Fulbright questioned.

"As clear as crystal sir. I will do my best. Thank you vary much sir. " Juniper bowed lower and only straightened when he left the room. She looked at cadmi. "Should I leave now?"

Cadmi and clapped with excitement, smiling brightly. "Only if you wish to," she replied, standing.

Dahlia stood on the seat, resting a paw against Juniper's basket. I'm glad this was able to work out. We are sorry that our stepfather is a bit stern in his conditions but, he has a reputation he wants to keep up. No room for errors in his eyes, the rabbit remarked, hopping down from the seat a moment later.

Juniper nodded handing crabb his pie. "Understandable. My father was the same way. A little kinder though, but stern nonetheless. What would you like to talk about while I am here?"

((Sorry, you never posted so I was waiting on you. I'll have a real reply posted later today.))

Why don't we get to know each other a bit? You probably won't have much time tomorrow or the next day, busy with learning how to work here, Dahlia started, looking up at Juniper.

"Oh! We can play 20 Questions! I'll start?" Cadmi beamed, pausing to think. "Okay! What's your favorite thing to do?" she asked Juniper.

[[it's all filler until I can think of something. |D Plus, still debating on how to bring in Dae.]]

"That makes sense," Cadmi responded, smiling. Picking out one of the Poppyseed muffins Juniper had baked, she took a couple bites and made a hum of appreciation. "These are so good! Anyways," she wiped the corner of her mouth with the heel of her palm. "I love to fly. It's such an amazing feeling, having the wind against my face. And the freedom!" She shook her head, smiling in appreciation.

Dahlia scratched at the backside of her ear, her head tilted so that the spot was easier to reach with a hind leg. Personally, I like to take a nice nap in a comfy place. I'm sentient but I'm still a rabbit. Fresh greens to snack on also never fails. Have you and Ash lived in Nightfall your entire lives or did you move here at some point?

"We moved here two years ago after my father was killed..... hmmm... what is your favorite snack?" Juniper scratches between her horns.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Dahlia seemed to laugh, her nose quivering with the silent sound. It's got to be carrot cake followed by some leafy greens, she replied, rubbing her face briefly with a paw.

Cadmi nodded in agreement. "Carrot cake is good but, too much of it isn't all that healthy. Personally, I'll go for a candy bar or fruit gummy." She paused for a few heartbeats, moving to sit on the couch again. "We're sorry about your dad...."

Edited by Narvix

Imprinting...? Namina inclined her head with interest as Skinner spoke. She had never heard that word coined in such a way. It was always associated with romance. But it made sense. Knowing this, she couldn't help but feel guilty for hanging it up on the mantle. These thoughts were instantly interrupted as pain blossomed in her collar. Yelping in a mix of pain and surprise, the woman automatically swung a fist at Skinner. She managed to stop herself the moment before she actually ended up hitting him. Lowering her fist, Namina chuckled sheepishly. Sorry man. Jus' a reflex.

Her gaze soon darted to Elf as the woman spoke. The woman visibly tensed at the obvious distaste in Elf's voice. Watch'cher tone, missy. I needed to gauge just why you wanted the sword. I don' let jus' anyone in here. Face creasing in a scowl, Namina exhaled forcibly. She jerked her thumb to her left. Over there. S'posed t' be a forensics lab, but for all I know, folks might be makin' meth in there.

Juniper simply nodded. "He was a good man struck down by not so good ones. I think it's your turn to ask a question now.... the subject is still a little sore for me..." She smiled at Dahlia's silent laughter and rubbed her ear lightly.

Name: Jonas Faelidae

Race: Mixed race. Dad was a Cait Sidhe, mother was a human.

Power/s: Mild advantage in the range of reflexes and luck, but both are running out with his advancing age.

Description: His hardened face and grey hair are standard humanoid, but the line of whiskers mixing in with his beard and yellow eyes are decidedly less so.

History: Born mixed race and relatively powerless, Jonas decided that maybe a career in law enforcement would make him more successful in human-phobic Nightfall. It didn't, but now he rather enjoys barking orders and nursing his stress-ulcers. He plans to do it until he dies.

Fette dragged his attentions away from the mantle for a moment. He had to admit, he was still curious. The dead serket's house had offered a clue, but Namina's connection to all of this was still far too blurry. A mantle of ancient artifacts and a den of thieves was a development, but....

"Namina, exactly how involved with this operation was our former serket?"

Fette couldn't say that he distrusted the girl, she was friendly of course, and the whole "secretly smuggling tons of illicit goods throughout a city" career had Fette tied hook line and sinker. The question was, what they were collecting these objects for in the first place.

World domination?

Financial gain?

Fette couldn't say that he cared a bit either way. But he guaranteed there was more than a fair bit of competition.

Fette checked his watch, ticking an eyebrow up in interest at the mention of the forensics lab. The cops' bodies had definitely been found by now.... there wasn't much one fat old crow could do to cover up a spree killing. Not that the disagreeable old thing would be inclined much to help.

"And Skinner? You wouldn't happen to know if anyone in those apartments could've seen our faces, would you?"

---------------

The tiny goblin woman clutched her teacup tightly, hunching her shoulders as though to try and cave in within herself. " How many times do I have to tell you people? I'm just trying to mind my own business...."

Jonas closed his eyes, pinching his nose between his forefinger and thumb with a sigh. Two dead cops, a belligerent witness, and a busted up crime scene on his watch. ****ing perfect. Jonas growled, banging a fist on the small card table the department used for "informal" interrogations; causing the tiny woman to jump.

"Those cops spent half their beat protecting your rat-hole apartment block, Lana. The man said, his voice a gruff whisper. "Wanna know why?" He drew close, his gray whiskers hovering a barely six inches away from the cowed woman. " Because you, little miss progressive, wanted to keep business up. Two of my own are dead because you ignored a magic-related crime. A murder happens in your own building and you don't report it for three days?? Fess up Lana, what'd you see?"

The woman looked away, defiant, her face pinched before crumbling.

She mumbled something, lips barely moving and Jonas moved closer; a pointed ear straining to catch her words.

"I didn't see the first murder, I just heard... some kinda gurgling from the hallway and then some kind of... burning smell. I don't want to think what it was. I didn't want to lose business so I shut the room up until the body was gone."

The woman twisted her hands nervously in the hem of her ratty pink sweater, chewing her lip. "I don't know what happened after that, but I saw two people." Lana cut her eyes to the left, watching the police department for anyone lingering too long; watching her and Jonas too closely. Snitching was a harsh offense, and she had a business to run, but Jonas was relentless... he'd pester her until her business was gone and smile while doing it.

"A young guy, human maybe? With dark hair and a long coat. There was a pale girl with him. She smelled uh... wrong? My nose isn't what it used to be, but she didn't smell like any fae or human I've ever met. Almost like a piece of tin or something, but she's not Metalkissed, nor a gremlin."

Smoothing her skirt, the woman stood up, throwing her purse over one shoulder with an angry toss. There was nothing else Jonas could get from her, even he knew that. Rustling around in his pocket, Jonas flipped the goblin a coin with a grumble.

Stalking from the room, Jonas shoved through the bustle of the dim police station, barking orders. "Put out a bulletin to our bugged bars to look out for any new humans in town. Jonas growled, pointing to a pair of officers; twin hyena looking creatures with pointed noses and heavy brows. The twins saluted and split off.

There were a lot of murders in this part of Nightfall, and Jonas doubted anyone would even remark on it. A couple of cop killers, though?

That was news.

((the plot thickens....))

Edited by ChildeRolande

A new subject is a fair enough request, Dahlia responded, thinking. Alright, what do you desire most? Are there any dream goals you wish to accomplish? she asked, getting picked up by Cadmi and placed in the woman's lap.

Crabbe soon reentered the room and started motioning towards the females. "Mr. Fulbright's requesting you to leave, Miss. He's got a meeting to set up for with some important figures and he doesn't want anyone from a lower Sector lingering 'bout. Miss Cadmi, you are requested to return to your room and wait their until supper once the meeting is over."

Cadmi stood, frowning. "Now, wait a minute! That's not really fair. We're just talking! Besides, our stepfather holds meetings in the conference room! We won't be anywhere near there," she remarked angrily.

"Sorry, Miss. You know your father's wishes. Now, scoot."

Scowling, Cadmi set Dahlia back on the floor and gently touched Juniper's arm, trying to guide her to the front door. "We'll meet you outside in a moment, just wait for us around the corner...," she whispered quickly, keen on not being cooped up.

[[sorry, needed something to flesh out the post |D]]

~~~~

Busy, busy, busy.

The man sat back upon the rooftop, a sigh escaping his thin lips. Only a few hours ago, the apartment floor was alive with quite the ruckus, courtesy of a Namina Waltz, Luke Skinner, and an android named Elfte. Of course, a notable Fette and Cerin soon joined the mix. All of which kept a hold of Dae-tase's attention.

Well, beyond what was required for his job to be done right.

Anyways, he watched and waited as events took place. The group of five never came out again and, as more police officers swept the place, Dae's red eyes narrowed a fraction. It seemed the group vanished into the air since the only being that the officers removed from the building was the goblin landlady.

He should have figured, actually. Of all the time he had been hunting Namina, and all the times that he came so close to catching her, she would somehow manage to slip through his fingers and disappear for awhile until her next surfacing. Quite the annoying thief, really, but entertaining to chase all the same.

There were murmurs rippling through the secretive crowd that rested beneath Nightfall's eyes, whispers of Excalibur. The legend piqued his interest but he had a job to focus on first; treasure hunting had to take a seat on the back burner.

After hours of sitting on his little perch, the demon finally moved. The street was clear of police vehicles and bodies, both living and not, making it simpler for Dae to go unnoticed. Working his way into the disturbed apartment complex, he did his own poking around of the place, sighing softly at the amount of damage that was caused. "What a mess...."

He checked each room, carefully picking his way around the debris and blood stains, finding nothing. Shaking his head, he departed from the residence, heading into the streets and towards a certain, dimly lit, police station. Inside, officers were milling about. Some were busy with unimportant cases while others appeared frantic, trying to find or follow whatever leads they possibly could. However, there was a specific cop that Dae was looking for.

"You still barking at the hyenas, Jonas?" Dae inquired, catching the pair of twins leaving. "I'll cut straight to the point of my visit. I know you have the bars bugged and I know you're trying to figure out what's going on with the Serket. However, your case mingles with my bounty so, let's make a deal. You'll share your info with me and I'll let you have first crack at Namina Waltz when I catch her. Sound fair?" Dae sat on the corner of the cop's desk, holding out a hand to shake on it.

A smirk crossed his face. "If you're not convinced, I can tell you exactly who it was Lana saw entering the apartment." Because, let's face it, it was obvious what types of questions people were interrogated with most.

[[Hope I'm not stepping on any toes. Wanted to shuffle Dae in at last. I've a few future surprises up my sleeves if you'll have them.]]

(((Got a full day so I'll post quick just to get the ball to roll)))

After an hour and several accounts of obscene language, Skinner had a dowsing crystal primed with the killer's DNA and ready to track him down. Already it was tugging eastward on it's little piece of twine in attempt to fulfill it's purpose. He approached the group that had been milling around the hideout and called them over to talk, "Alright folks, at the risk of sounding like a jackass: we need to split up. How many we got now? Five? Ok, cool. Fette, your the cadaver expert so you take this and track down the killer. Make him talk however you see fit. And someone needs to go with him so he doesn't get dead", HE said, handing the crystal over to the vulture, "In the mean time, I need to talk to a contact in Nightfalls underground circuit to see if anyone has been asking to sell or buy the magic sword we are looking for. I'll be traveling to a bar called The Rabbit HoleI need someone who can see in the dark to keep me from getting dead. Skinner was sure they were getting close, He could feel them closing in. He just hoped no one else was closing in as well.

((Nah don't apologize, I love it! And Arora, I'll drop a hint in the next couple posts for you to jump in with us, if you'd like to. ))

Fette looked away from the dirty young thief he'd been clinking beers with; stretching his skinny legs before snagging the crystal. It was rather cute, kind of, a tiny chunk of smoky quartz vibrating at the end of a piece of rough waxed twine. It was almost the same as the "business card" he'd given the strange young woman in the alley last night. Except, of course, a little less grotesque.

Fette grumbled in irritation at Skinners' insinuation, shooting the shorter man a warning look for the racial insensitivity. "Excuse me, but having a few feathers doesn't mean I'm going to- to what? Peck out some censorkip.gif***'s eyeballs on first sight? I'd at least let 'im share some information with us first." Fette sighed. " Ya rune dusted censorkip.gif*bag."

He checked his pockets. A half spool of piano wire, six forms of acidic skin salves, a personal mix of numbing agent made of foxglove, a salt shaker full of scopolamine, and a mummified cat head hexed to throw insults. At least he had the tools to make this a fun mission, if nothing else.

"Elfte should come along with me." Fette said, throwing an appraising look to the android. "I'm gonna need someone with an algebraic formula for breaking fingers. Not to mention, I don't doubt she's a fair enough lie detector."

-------------------------------

Jonas sighed, not even needing to turn around to recognize the voices' owner.

Dae.

They'd had their bouts; half the grey in his beard had come from pestering the demon to stop bounty hunting around his beat. Or, at least to stop accepting jobs from the men Jonas had spent his career trying to keep behind bars. Admittedly, however, the town had actually benefitted from the demons' arrival.... people tended to stop blowing off jail and murdering their families if they heard the town bounty hunter was a vicious shadow creature.

Didn't mean he had to like him, however.

The mention of catching that little Waltz woman, however, caught his attention immediately. Strolling to the dusty window which looked out into the P.D's floor, Jonas pulled the shade, blocking his office from sight.

"First things first. You were never here and I've never spoken to you before in my life if anyone were to ask." Jonas said, crossing his arms in front of the demon, not ready to take his hand quite yet. Sharing information was an offensive worthy of getting his badge revoked, the demon knew that as well as he did, the pesky bugger.

"But if you can promise me Namina Waltz in cuffs, I'm prepared to tell you what you need to know." Jonas caved, slapping his calloused hand to the demons' unnaturally smooth one in a sort of handshake.

" My little bar-birds have a word, a rumor actually. Some kind of disappearing act a thief cartel is pulling. Chase a burglar down an alleyway and they disappear, leaving only a few chalk scratches behind. Sounds exactly like the type of thing Waltz would have her hands in. Even had our magick forensics team check it out, and it's some kind of location based wormhole alchemy. Unfortunately, " Jonas said, running a hand through his thinning grey hair, "Unfortunately,we don't have the authority to follow the trail. As far as the law is concerned, it could be some housewitches' way of shortcutting back to her living room."

He gave the demon a look, sizing him up. He was formidable, of course, and he couldn't trust him as far as he could throw him, really.... but he was exactly the type of loophole Jonas had been looking for.

"That lack of authority, however,doesn't exactly transfer to bounty hunters living outside the law, now does it?" Jonas said meaningfully. Pulling up a chair, he took a seat, steepling his fingers like a man deep in thought.

"Now exactly what is it you said Lana saw, and what do you want to know?"

Edited by ChildeRolande

Dae smirked as Jonas laid down some ground rules of "you don't know me and I don't know you." Holding up his hands in a surrendering manner, the bounty hunter grinned. "My lips are sealed. No one will catch me coming in or leaving," he remarked. As Jonas clapped his hand against the demon's to shake on the bargain, he grinned again. "Chalk scratches, huh?" A knowing glint entered his red eyes as Jonas continued.

"Well, let me start with this. Waltz does have her fingers dipped nicely into such magic. Where she goes with it, I've yet to infiltrate. I've been trying to catch her in the exact moment when guards are down to allow for the magic to take affect but, alas, not yet." The demon shrugged faintly, rubbing at his chin. "Lana's mystery pair go by the names of Luke Skinner and Elfte. Skinner is a mage who works specifically with exotic matter. However, he doesn't favor being called anything but human and dislikes the taste of the word magic to describe his work. Elfte has no last name from what I've been able to learn. She's an android with a vast knowledge bank in her pretty head.

"Of course, this is likely a bit of information you might already know or have but didn't recognize. How am I doing so far?" Rhetorical question really. Standing, Dae paced a little as he thought, thumb and forefinger rubbing together on his right hand. "Skinner was seen at The Pixie's Pot sometime before Lana spied him and Elfte at the dead Serket's apartment with Waltz. I want to know what he and his little band of misfits were up to and what knowledge they might have learned. I'm sure your bugs picked up something that can bring around some answers for all of us," Dae requested, pausing in his steps to look at Jonas once more. "Skinner knows some of my habits from previous encounters so he would have been able to spot my signature if I had attempted to listen in at the Pot."

If Elf could have gotten any paler she would have at the mention of breaking fingers. Elf was designed for curiosity, she was never built for any forms of violence. Elf couldn't hurt anything, she literately can't. Her programming would not let her preform acts of violence. Of course, she wasn't helpless.

"Fine, I'll go. Just don't let me get hurt" she said sternly, her voice warping with autotuneBut it should be fun. She hopped down from the stool she had been sitting on. She had been heavily engaged in conversation with a group of thieves about the warped politics and corrupted police that fueled the heart of Nightfall. She also picked up some history on the city that perked her interest. She walked past the witchdoctor and headed for the door, Come along Fette. Lets go find us a killer she said over her shoulder, "And be careful Skinner"

Skinner shrugged as the pair departed,They'll be fine he thought, turning to Cerin(?) and Namina, "Well that leaves us. I assume you can both see in the dark?" He asked casually. Even if they couldn't, Skinner had something that could help them both. Skinner pressed his thumb into a crude symbol tattooed on his wrist.

~~~~~~~And~~~~So~~~~~They~~~~~Went~~~~~~~~~~

The street that housed The Rabbit Hole was different from the ones the group took to reach it. This street seemed quieter, and much more narrow. As they came upon a squat stone building with only barred slits for windows, the sound of gentle piano and muffled conversation could be heard. The front door they paused before was at least five feet below them, hinting that the pub ran deeper than it's exterior revealed.

Skinner turned to his group and huddled up, "Alright, based on Miss. Waltz's physique, I would have to guess that you're human and much like myself, you cannot see in the dark." He produced a small vial from a hidden pocket sewn into his coat sleeve. Inside was a baby blue powder that sparkled pink as Skinner shook it around, "My own recipe so I can't tell you what's in it", he said, taking the woman's hand and pouring a small pile on the back of her thumb, ""Trust me, it'll do wonders once we get inside.". Skinner poured his own little thumb pile and snorted it up his nose.

He shook his head quickly to dispel the burn he felt on his septum. Oh god it was horrible. Much worse than he remembered. Things came on too quickly. First thing he noticed was how bad his mouth tasted. Then the streetlights became uncomfortably bright. his pupils dilated, his nostrils flared, All of his senses were firing at all cylinders. Then- it was over.

After the initial shock Skinner's powder of mystery calmed down, Skinner was finding it quite easy to function, "Ok, I make this stuff myself in my kitchen and it is a solution of chemicals designed to attack your senses, triggering the fight or flight reflex. This jacks up your adrenaline and allows the Exotic chemistry lock your body in that state, giving you enhanced senses. Now it will wear off after a while so I find it necessary to keep taking it. It hasn't had any serious negative side effects but in rare cases it's addictive" He finished rambling and took a few deep breaths. He could hear everything. his heartbeat thundered in his chest. Conversations in the bar below became more clear. He could see better in the gloom of the night, the shadows receding to his enhanced night vision. Now that he was well armed, Skinner bounced down the stone steps and opened the heavy wooden door that sealed the entrance to The Rabbit Hole

Inside was pitch black. No light to see by at all. Tiny pinpricks could be seen filtering through the scratches in the black out foil on the windows. Skinner's wizard coke was working wonders. For the first time being down there, he could see where he was going! The Rabbit Hole Stays dark for twenty four hours a day, every day. It's target audience is alcoholics that only come out at night. A group of werewolves sat hunched in the corner, grumbling about something or other. Probably about himself and Namina, not many humans can travel to this bar.

Made it a perfect place for illegal activity of all sorts to take place.

"We're looking for a Yaoguai so keep on the lookout for a large owl man" Skinner whispered, "Signal when you find him". Skinner was so hyper active he was gone before he could get a confirmation.

Namina had anticipated a trip beyond her home, and had been preparing a disguise. When Skinner returned to the lobby, she wasn't even recognizable. The whole night of work, and Namina Waltz was no more. It was amazing what wigs, makeup, and contacts could do to change one's appearance. As they split off, she rose to her feet and followed Skinner out the door. It was noted that Fagarach had been taken fron the mantle and remained in a scabbard around her shoulder. It's always so hard, coming up with disguises. she grumbled as they walked. Saran trotted after the group, eager to get moving once more.

Upon nearing the Rabbit Hole, the woman couldn't help but chuckle as a small amount of powder was poured onto her thumb. Only you could offer night-vision cocaine. Gaze resting on the powder on her thumb, she lifted it to her nose and inhaled deeply. The pain was instant. Her sinuses felt as if they were ablaze and her heart was racing. When the initial sensation faded, the woman was startled to find herself on the ground. Oh dear. She didn't often use magical enhancers, and this was proof of it. Pushing herself back onto her feet, Namina placed a hand to her head. Jesus...

--

While Skinner and Namina stuck close to one another, the fox spirit was quick to wander off. One word of a Yaogaui and he was gone. He never quite got along with demons, being a servant of a god and all. Besides, Chinese spirits and demons were usually powerful enough to kill a Kitsune. Although practically immortal, there were plenty of ways demons could kill a spirit. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, the fox huffed. Why did Skinner have to pick the shadiest places around?

Edited by shadow_claw

(((Illumination of any kind is prohibited in the rabbit hole. To those that are in the bar for long periods of time. It is like stepping from a dark theatre and into daylight)))

Finding their elusive second wizard proved to be much easier than Fette had anticipated; he and the friendly android had simply threaded their way through Nightfall, quietly following the crystal down one street or another. Until....

"A coffee shop??" Fette remarked, incredulous. It was, indeed a coffee shop. Garishly decorated, ridiculously over-priced, it was Nightfall's equivalent to a horrendous Starbucks monstrosity.

Fette had Elfte check anyway, and the girl's eyes clicked like a camera shutter once, twice, before confirming a trace of the man's magical energy. A murderous wizard in a gang of vicious thieves was managing Nightfall's finest caffeinated hotspot. Fette sighed and waited for dusk.

~~~~~~~

Hours later, the duo stood quietly in the alley behind the shop, Elfte listening as their wizard bustled around inside, closing up shop. "As soon as you hear him turn off the lights, Elf, kick open the door. I'll run in and grab him." Fette whispered, reaching into his coat and flicking open his knife. He quite liked having Elf as a conspirator. Despite that, he couldn't shake his uneasy feeling about her request for her protection... couldn't she punch through walls? He'd just have to trust her advice, he supposed, after all, it wasn't like Elf had ever lied to him. He wasn't even sure if the android could lie.

Fette stretched himself against the wall on the door's other side and waited for the android's signal.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jonas was silent for a moment, hiding his embarassment with what he hoped looked like a thoughtful tug on his beard. He did have informants who covered the Pixie's Pot. Trick and Flick, twin brownies, had pledged to feed him whatever juiciest information filtered through several bars downtown; the short fae acting as legal bartenders and owners in return for handsome side-pay.

The little sh*** had snubbed him.

He'd received their casual report of a new wizard in town. Luke Skinner. Young. Low danger level and worthy of being ignored by NFPD. They'd said nothing about a little rendezvous right under their noses.

He was lucky he'd taken precautions.

"I think I can help you with that tidbit of information." Jonas said, hefting himself out of his chair and excusing himself through the door of his office.

Winding his way through the cramped station, Jonas stepped politely behind the desk of a small female fae. She was short, and pretty, even with the long set of antennae which curled behind her ears. "Bonnie dear" Jonas said, clapping the woman on the shoulder "Do any of your bugs remember seeing a wizard and an android at The Pot last night?"

The fae woman clicked thoughtfully for a moment before sliding open a drawer of her desk, and Jonas reflexively stepped back. Within the drawer writhed several thousand, if not half a million, individual cockroaches; each one hissing and clicking at Bonnie. Bonnie cocked her head, listening quietly, before reaching into the drawer and delicately withdrawing two small bugs whom sat on her finger with parrot-like elegance. She listened a moment more, slipping Jonas a wink, before settling the two roaches on her shoulder and shutting the drawer.

"Charlie and Clyde were there. Trick let the newcomers use his backroom to meet with some sort of bodywalker fae. Said they were looking for some sort of relic. They had a corpse with them. Said something about a sword. My bugs assumed Trick would've told you, so they didn't bother to send in a report about it."

Jonas smiled gently, resisting his urge to shoot a hole through the stations' wall.

"Thanks darlin', you're a lifesaver." Jonas said sweetly before storming back to his office and slamming the door with enough force to crack it's frame.

He reported the information back to Dae while pouring himself and the demon a drink.

"If there's a sword involved, I guarantee it's what those two killed Lana's tenant over. Trick and Flick are unreliable now, which means I can guarantee that our little murderers are going to be hiding out in one of their bars."

Jonas sipped his drink thoughtfully as he scratched out a rough map for the demon. "The twins own three bars in Nightfall. The Pixies' Pot, The Fires' Nest, and The Rabbit Hole. I'd suggest you check each of them, and hurry while you do it. I can't really help you much to cover your scent from our murdering little friend, but feel free to borrow something from our little costume closet in back. Nobody goes undercover much these days now that we have Bonnie, so not much will be missed."

Jonas could only hope that he was right. This was a hell of a branch to lean out on, and if Dae recovered nothing? Well, he'd be right back to square one. But this time, without a hand on Namina Waltz and two traitorous brownies to take care of.

Jonas sighed. Why couldn't he have gotten a job a nice comfortable job somewhere teaching like his ma had wanted?

It didn't matter; if Dae could somehow catch Namina this time he'd have a cushy promotion for sure... maybe even to nice, quiet, wealthy Sector A.

"Before you go though, Dae, take this." Jonas said, rustling a hand around in his desk before removing a laminated card. "It's a fake I.D. If you get caught by any of my officers during your search, it'll keep them off your back until after you've had your run of the town. It's hexed to wipe an authority figures memory for a few seconds. These were big business with the poaching cartels a few years ago. I managed to burn every card we got our hands on except this one... Call it a personal souvenir."

((Half a day later and I got around to editing lol don't kill me

Anyways, new character.

Username: shadow_claw

Name: Amfibious (Fib)

Race: Merman, but not the usual kind.

Power/s:

• can breathe on water

• can breathe on land

• Can influence the opposite sex/aquatic animals

• hydrokinesis

Description: Fib, unlike most of his relatives, was born with two legs instead of a singular unit of motion. He has many fins, the largest ones on his arms, legs, and back. Both his feet and hands are webbed, and his ears are filled. Although clearly bipedal, he doesn't look human, like, at all. Gills dominate his neck, and he's covered in scales. His nose in small and slit, so it's not even really a nose.

History: Living alone in Nightfall wasn't exactly his fault. At an early age, he was abandoned by his pod. One fishing incident later, and Fib was quickly tossed from city to city. People liked to stare at fish-children, it seemed. A run-in with a benevolent fae and he arrived in Nightfall. Weak and homeless, the city's a frightening new reality to him.

Personality: Fib has experienced very little in his short lifetime. Most of it involved a tiny tank. Because of this, he's overly naive, but frightful of others. He can't speak English well but understands the language well.

Other: ))

Edited by shadow_claw