padfoot

Dayrise

[[Fair reasoning for the gender x3

I am okay with those drawbacks/limitations.

How 'bout everyone else? ]]

((I think Biokinesis is okay, As long as it allows for the afflicted character to respond. It's a tough ability because it so easily allows for Powerplaying and God-modding. As long as you don't do that, I think I'd be okay with it.))

(((Part of this new thread is that there isn't anyone that can tell you what you can and cannot do.

Keep in mind, people won't interact with you if your character is obnoxiously powerful. Just keep that in mind and be respectful to what we already have rolling)))

(((Also, You exclusively used the "He" Pronoun a lot in your description so we all assumed he was male. Kinda killed the mystery with that)))

Skinner watched out the door as a dark haired woman exited the bar. He assumed that was the mastermind that Saren was talking about. He frowned when the truth in Fette's words began to sink in, "So right now it seems like I killed him? That's just great" He said with a groan, "This is really going to put a dent in my reputation if this gets out". He wasn't sure why that was important at the moment, he could get knocked off by Waltz's crew if she suspected the he did it. That also meant that everyone else was in danger as well. Skinner leaned against the dust covered desk and rubbed his face, "I hate to say it but I agree with Fette, we will cover more ground if we split up", she said, looking up at his team of misfits, "Elf and I will head to the apartment where we found the body, try to find that cigarette butt. It has the DNA of the killer and I can whip up something to track him down" Elf nodded silently in agreement, "You and Vulture Boy should go talk to Namina. With your combined charm you might be able to convince her to help our cause", She said to the Kitsune. Skinner was glad Elf was stepping in to help, he really didn't like being in charge, especially when everyone else was his equal. Skinner unhitched from the edge fo the desk and addressed the posse, "No time like the present. Do you two need a lift to Namina's place of business?" Skinner asked, his jeep was right outside after all.

Saran, although weary of the idea, nodded. Accepting the handkerchief, her yellow gaze examined the object wearily. Fette didn't exactly seem to be that clean of a person. The smell alone was enough to block out the rest of the scents in the room. Very well. We'll see if we can get her to help us. I wish the two of you the best of luck. The spirit's form melted, this time returning to the familiar red-haired figure he usually used. There. That was better. If he was to charm a killer, the best way to do it was in his most confident form. There was something comforting in using a form that was so similar to his fox form. It even had his golden ball! It didn't look like much, but the small sphere of white-gold had a great personal meaning to Kitsune. Each one had one, and it really was worthless to anyone else. What would somebody want with a fox-spirit's magic if they couldn't use it?

Smiling at Bo, Ceren produced a pouch of coins from seemingly nowhere. He took a step forward and placed it on the dusty desk. A gift of our thanks. We understand what a dangerous undertaking this was, and appreciate your help in taking a dangerous item off the streets. Glancing over to the feathered man, he sighed. Fette could prove incredibly useful as long as the two of them were careful. Thank you, but you seem to forget that I can change forms into a much more mobile creature. Giving us a ride would only hinder your investigation. I can take us both.

((sorry for this so close to the beginning of the rp, but i'll be scooting around a fair bit until Sunday because of some comic con plans. I'll reply as often as I can, though; so I won't let any action die.))

Charm? Fette had never actually charmed anyone before in his life; a fact more than evidenced by his removal from the citys' manor. And on top of that, "Vulture-Boy"? Fette opened his mouth to hotly retort that he'd had chest hair since he was fourteen, thankyouverymuch; a fact which he was almost certain would merit him at least "Vulture-Man".

Fette was getting twitchy, however, and peeking through the doorway confirmed that their target was long gone. There was no following this girl now, he'd simply have to trust that Serin knew his contacts well enough to find her little hideout.

"Everyone keep your heads on tight and your ass unscathed." Fette said seriously, catching the gaze of each person present. "Since Skinner's reputations' in danger and all, and a couple of you are more uh, upstanding members of the community; we'll rendezvous back at my place before morning. Look for a tent on the outskirts of C Sector. Believe me," Fette added, jittering from one foot to the other "No one but you three will be able to find it, so we'll go undisturbed."

Casting a glance at Serin, Fete stepped out of the back room and through the pub; stepping out into the fresh night's air.

Mara wondered about the shadows, her walk almost a glide, her black-purple eyes almost glowing dark violet in the constant twilight of Nightfall. She stopped and backtracked gazing down a small narrow through-ally at something that caught her eye. Yes.... indeed... this lovely creature that just stepped out of a pub had that aura, a swirl of glowing royal purple at least six inches thick. A smile spread across her thin pale blue-white lips, the feature seemingly sinister on her thin ghostly features. She strode with poise and grace down the ally.

"Excuse me, pardon my intrusion.... but I wish wish to ask you a few questions ...perhaps offer a trade... that is if you are willing..." Her voice was deep, but clearly can not be mistaken for a man's, and resonated so it seemed loud even when she spoke softly. "Only a few questions about the magic you use...that is if you can or would answer them..." She stopped two feet from Fette, her head tilted quizzicaly to the side. Her frame was hidden beneath what appeared to be a thick hide cloak that seemed to large for her slight figure and dragged along the ground.

((Navrix... Ash's post is on the bottom of my character sheets. Should I have Fenrir jump forward as well so "talk" with Luke?))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Skinner nodded in agreement as Ceren wished him and Elf luck, "You guys too. Stay frosty and get out if things go south. Your more fun to be around when your alive" He said, sounding darker than intended.

While they planned, Elf was printing something out of her forearm. A curled recipt printed from a almost invisible slot in her skin. She tore off the piece of paper off and stepped up to Fette and handed it to him, "Since Skinner's touch wrecks all things technology, You can call me if anything goes amiss" Elf said, slipping it into his shirt pocket and patting it. As well as her phone number (Which was just #11) her name, her profession, and model number. She turned to Skinner and jerked her head towards the door and he nodded in agreement.

Some time later, Skinner and Elf were pulling up to the Serket lived before he was murdered. He looked at Elf as she scanned the out side of the building, "Anything I should know about?" He asked, trying to see what she saw.

Elf shook her head and switched from thermal back to normal vision, "Just a few investigators." she said, "Seems someone finally reported the blood stained apartment that you left behind"

Skinner rolled his eyes and opened the door to the jeep, "you know I didn't kill him"

Elf stepped from the car and shrugged, "Well I know that but speaking from purely looking at the data, there is a 87.9 percent chance that you would be found guilty for murder, slaughter of a protected fae, and immoral use of magic...Exotic matter. Sorry I forgot your sensitivities to that word." she said.

Skinner paled at Elf's grim analysis, "I'm too talented to go to prison" He muttered as he walked up the stoop and into the the apartment building.

As they walked up the stairs, Skinner could hear the chatter of the Nightfall Police Force on the floor above. Skinner looked back at Elf. She shooed him forward with encouragement.

Skinner walked down the hallway with faux confidence and ducked under the Do Not Cross police tap and tried to slip past the cops standing at the door but, of course, was stopped from walking into the crime scene.

"Woah Woah Woah. Who are you?", the NFPD asked, placing his hand on Skinner's chest to stop him.

Skinner produced a large, silver coin from his inner pocket and flipped it along his knuckles. He flipped it between his pointer and thumb and showed it to the officers. In it's place was a very real looking, leather bound Nightfall Special Investigation badge.

The Officer looked at him then at the small, pale woman behind him, "There is no ****ing way that you two are Special Division." He said. Skinner winked and stepped past him into the room .

The room looked the same as he left it spare a few evidence markers and a man in sterile white writing things on a clipboard. Elf vanished from Skinner's side to go wander the crime scene. That only left Skinner to distract the man in white so Elf could locate the cigarette butt.

Edited by padfoot

Slinking behind Fette as the man left, the fox kept quiet as they began to walk. The transition of atmospheres was instant. The warm, boozy smell of The Pixie Pot dissolved into the frigid air of the D-sector. Winter had only just settled in, which meant the icy months were on their way. As they walked through an alley, Ceren stiffened as an unfamiliar voice registered in the shadows. Sorry, not interested. He muttered. Although it wasn't directed at him, commerce was far from their mission and it needed to be stated clearly. The last thing they needed was to lose their only hope at finding a deadly weapon to a stranger interested in a business partnership.

---

As soon as the doors swung shut behind Skinner and Elf did one of the two attending guards turn her head. She sighed and shook her head. Run a check on that badge. See if any new criminal activity is around this. She muttered. As the other officer neared the vehicle, the blonde produced a large knife from the inside of her coat. A well-aimed throw, and the unfortunate officer fell into the driver's seat with a knife in his neck.

It had just been a coincidence that Skinner and Elf were headed to the same place as she. It was a chance she just had to take. Squeezing any information out of the two was enough for her. Pausing before the apartment's entrance, she adjusted her wig before entering. The moment the door swung open, and the forensic investigator had a bullet in his head. Namina smiled thinly, the pistol smoking in her hand. Glad to see I've gotten your attention. Now then, what the Hell made you think you could slip past me? Green eyes narrowed in her cold rage, she stalked further into the room. So, let's play a game, huh? It's called 'answer why the censorkip.gif you were dragging my friend around or I'll shoot you'.

Username: redfox (red or rf for short)

Name: Sophia (Sophie for short)

Race: wind elemental

Power/s: Can manipulate the air to make her fly (has a hang-glider to help with that; it starts out in the form of a walking stick, though), can create domes with the help of her stick to protect her from any obstacle (arrows, rocks, etc.), can run at really fast speeds, and can create cyclones although she's not in very good control of it right now.

Description: she's 5'3" tall with blue-gray eyes and long jet, black hair that she either pulls back into a ponytail, keeps it down, or has it in a braid that goes down her back. she usually wears sleeveless shirts (tank-tops or camisoles) and olive-green cargo shorts during the summer time and wears long sleeve shirts and long pants in the winter along with a warm jacket, a pair of gloves, a hat, and a scarf to keep her warm. Sophie

History: She first learned of her power and what she was at the young age of 9 and has since been learning more about her powers so that she can have more control of them. Now at age 18, she wants to find a teacher in order to help her understand more about creating cyclones and also how to control them but has not yet found one

which is making her a little frustrated. She learned of a community known as Nightfall by word of mouth from a couple of other travelers a few days ago after her parents died and is now making her way towards it, wondering if she'll find a teacher there as well as a place to live permanently.

Personality: kind, a bit shy, can be a bit stubborn sometimes, persistent, and quiet most of the time.

Sector: B-2

Other: n/a for now

((Red asked me to post it!)

((I'm back! Sorry for the wait))

Fette turned, surprised by the small woman as she emerged from the alleyway.

"My magic?" Fette asked, narrowing his eyes. He gave the girl a quick look, from her strange skin to her strange cloak. She seemed a little, villainy, Fette supposed. But honestly, who could judge?

Fette casted a quick look over as the fox brushed past. He was right. That sword needed to be caught yesterday. The girl though.... her interest and sudden appearance piqued his curiosity. Digging quickly through a tiny leather pouch on one hip, Fette retrieved an object, a long chain trailing from his fist as he placed it in the girls hand.

An eyeball, clear and grey stared up at the sky from the girls' palm, topped with a fine gold chain.

"I"m in a bit of a jam right now, but I can't say I'm not interested in what you've got 'ta say. This little fella will let you know when and where to meet me next time around" Fette said quickly over his shoulder as he strode to catch up with Cerin's quick gait.

--------

Fette wasn't really sure what he'd expected when the subject of Nightfalls' slums had come up, but he hadn't expected this. Eyes peeking from inside doorways, the overwhelming smells of human filth and poppysmoke, the ever-present glimmer of a corpse either in current existence or in the near future.... It was all so familiar, yet with a faerie twist.

Fette drew himself to his full height, his head skimming just above the torn and stained shop awnings. A great vantage point to be sure, and he scanned right and left for any trace of this mysterious girls' hideout.

Mara studied the eye and called after him, "Until next time then." She turned her attention back to the object in her hand trying to figure out what the eye belonged to. After a moment, she slipped the chain about her neck and watched the man, who bore some resemblance to a vulture, disappear from her keen sight then turned around and strode to her den.....well, home really. She hummed a tune starting to

in the quite streets of the D sector as she headed to her home in the high A sector. "Hush child, the darkness will rise from the deep and carry you down in to sleep. Child, the darkness will rise from the deep and carry you down into sleep..." She sang, swaying as she walked down the cobblestone streets. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((So this is one out of two (or three) RPs I'm doing, so it should work.

Username: polaristar

Name: Scarlett

Race: Scarlett is part of a race called Prisma, creative beings that are relatively friendly to everyone. Though they are (as far as most know) immortal, they can be killed and are dwindling in number due to the fact that each couple can only have one child. Prismas are largely nocturnal, having a love for the moonlight. The moonlight helps their abilities be more powerful, while not being in the moonlight for a long time can be deadly. All Prisma are very sweet and caring, very friendly thought they can tend to be shy.

Power/s:

-- Art Animation: Anything that she draws, paints, ect. can come alive or become inanimate at her will. Though this ability can be exhausting if used on large things (like dragons, for example).

-- Enhanced night vision: Due to the Prisma's nocturnal tendancies, Scarlett (along with all other Prismas) can see in the dark quite well, not needing any particular light source to see in the dark (but they cannot see in pitch black).

Description: Scarlett is quite thin and about five foot one.

History: Scarlett was raised in a relatively normal home, not realizing how different she truly was from everyone else until she was 14. She had drew a lion and it accidentally came to life, draining much of her energy to the point where she almost passed out from exhaustion. After the incident she became terrified that she'd hurt someone to the point of running away from her comfortable home and loving family, eventually stumbling upon Nighfall accidentally (which is where I'll have her start).

Personality: Scarlett is friendly but shy, and can be a klutz sometimes, somehow managing to trip over flat surfaces and up stairs. She is brave and loyal to her friends, and quite smart. She tends to babble and is extremely hyper, never able to keep still (so basically ADD). Because of this she has frequent insomnia. She is quite the gymnast but tends to fall a lot, so has learned how to land on her feet (most of the time, at least).

Other: She will always carry around a small sketchbook, some pencils, and an eraser in case of an emergency.

What do ya'll think? I can change anything if necessary. Also, Aurora would you please send me Kane's sheet via PM? Thanks wink.gif ))

Edited by polaristar

Skinner ducked and shielded his head with his hands when a gunshot sounded from the doorway. Who the hell was shooting in a crime scene anyway. He watched as the man in all white's eyes rolled to point to the bullet hole in his forehead. Skinner hadn't even had a chance to say anything clever. He whirled around to face the shooter, popping his cigarette holder in his mouth. He glanced over at a startled Elf. She had hit the ground on her stomach with inhuman speed before the woman had entered the room. thanks for the warning Elf" he thought sarcastically as she rose off the bloodstained carpet carefully, keeping her eyes on the woman with the gun.

Skinner raised his eyebrows in surprise as she asked how she got past them, 'Well considering I have no idea who you are, I guess we....didn't know you were in the way so...we thought we could...walk? In?" he said, unsure about what she was talking about, "Who are you anyway?"

"Namina Waltz." Elf interjected before Skinner could finish his thought.

Skinner nodded, now that he understood who was threatening to shoot him, he understood why he should be afraid. He understood, but still wasn't. Skinner glanced at Elf who was studying the woman intensely, " Look, I don't know who your talking about. the man who lived here was a serket. What would a criminal like you need with a Fae that cures venomous bites?" he asked, "Oh I wouldn't shoot at us. Well more specifically her". He jerked his head towards the very distressed looking android. the tip of Skinner's cigarette ignited in a puff of fire, "Now can you lower the gun? Your making my friend nervous" he said, pointing the the dead man contaminating the crime scene, "We just want to talk." Skinner wondered if Fette and Seren knew the woman they were looking for happened to show up in the crime scene.

[[Ah, when to come in and how? |D I'm debating on having Dae step in to "save" Skinner's hide but... It's already crowded?

Anyways, I'll come in soon with my characters again.]]

The thin smile that had originally kept her lip curled soon broadened into a sneer. Someone's read their way around a wanted sign, huh? she remarked. Honestly, her face was on everything. The NFPD was looking everywhere for her. Scowling, the woman paused in her enraged questioning to remove her NFPD cap. With the hat gone, she tossed the wig off distastefully to reveal her hair. A wig cap, the third and final item she wore, and black hair spilled from its mesh prison. With her disguise(mostly) removed, Namina glanced back down at her gun. Now, here was the debate. Stay and talk with the strangers that dragged her friend's body around for days, or shoot them and end the drama? There were two others in the bar with them. Killing these two would only cause problems. Reluctantly, the woman holstered her gun and placed her hands on her hips. Fine. Let's chat, then. I'll answer one of your questions, and then you'll answer one of mine. Sound fair? stalking forward, Namina sank into the chair in which the dead Serket had been found and crossed her legs. Serkets know poisons more than the best human apothecary ever could. They know what nullifies their effects, where to get the , and how to make them. I had a deal with him. His name was Anils For a brief second, a near sadness flickered in her gaze. Namina didn't trust herself with many, and she seemed to have had a friendly relationship with the fallen Fae. What about you? Why are two strangers, one that aren't recorded in any Nightfall cults or gangs, poking about at a revenge death?

((Hey guys, two questions. What time of day is it, and where is everyone's chars? Ok, so I technically have three - does anyone want to introduce their characters with Scarlett so they can interact right away?))

((It's nighttime as far as I know, and...

- Saren and Fette are looking for Mina in the slums

- Mara's around there somewhere too

- Skinner and Elf are in the upper D-sector talking with Namina. Crime scene house.

- other than that, I dunno. She could bump into Saren and Fette ))

(( Mara is heading up to the A sector so she is now in upper D lower C area.

_fenrir is still with kane in his appertment but it's been a few days lalter since the last time we played them so lets jus say kane got what fenrir needed but is still looking for a pack house and fen's training has begun

_she could bump in to Mara..)

((Here's Kane biggrin.gif

Username: polaristar

Name: Kane Wolfe

Race: Werewolf: Kane is part of the race of werewolves, a majestic race of huge wolves with widely varied coats. Kane is a pureblood wolf of the Thunder pack, a strict and highly trained pack of fighting machines. The wolves in the Thunder pack are trained to fight as soon as they can walk, and this instinct that is ingrained in them is carried on when they phase around the age of 15-17 years old. Werewolves are generally immortal (but still able to be killed) until they stop phasing for good, in which they start aging again, but at a much reduced rate to that of a human. To the Thunder pack, dying in battle is the best way to go, and to be defeated is the greatest humiliation. Because of their wolf blood, werewolves run unusually high temperatures, usually around 108-110 degrees. Because of this, they will usually wear shorts and a tank top, or among their pack males may wear no a shirts at all. As a result of their high temperature, the first shift is extremely painful as their bodies have to adapt to such a temp. Though this doesn't take long, it feels like a very long time for the new wolves.

Power/s:

Phasing: Kane can phase into a giant wolf

Heightened Senses: Kane's senses are heightened as a human, and even more so as a wolf.

Super Strength/Speed

Description:

Human

Wolf

History: Kane comes from a long line of alphas, and was destined to be the next - that is, until he was exiled after being unjustly accused of murder. Though this accusation was true, it was for completely different reasons than what the pack said. After hearing of a rebellion, Kane knew he had to destroy it at its source, which meant killing another of his pack. After being found with the traitor's blood on his white paws, he was exiled to roam as a lone wolf. Upon hearing about Nightfall, he decided he had nothing to loose and came to the city.

Personality: Kane is moody and intelligent, with lightning quick thinking and battle skills that are practically unmatched. His instincts, not quelled as he was still the rightful alpha, are to keep those that he cares about safe from harm. Kane is a loner, though not by choice.

Had to wade through a bunch of posts on the old Nightfall OOC to find the pictures xd.png))

Fenrir was in his room drawing, he had gotten a small double edged sword, about ten plain throwing knives, and a small switchblade; each hung carefully by the door. He had gotten some clothes, most of them ether dark blue or dark green and all t-shirts or shorts. He kept the red scarf and always wares it day or night. The room he dwelled was no longer plane, Celtic designs he had drawn where taped to the wall with careful precision, and had managed to get Kane in getting him a small stereo and a CD, the sound of drums and bagpipes, flutes and such was quiet enough to not disturb the Alpha but loud enough to hear it clearly.

((Sorry! I put the forms in a word doc and I couldn’t save the picks. .glad he kept that rp open))

((I'm gonna continue on with Kane and add in Scarlett in a bit. It's fine, Angel))

Kane knocked lightly on Fenrir's door before opening it and poking his head inside. "Hey Fen, training starts today. Be ready in 15 minutes." He told his young Beta before closing the door with a soft click. He changed into a dark purple t-shirt with a black leather jacket, along with some jeans and cowboy boots. He grabbed his hunting knife, strapping it around his waist. He grabbed his quiver and bow, slinging them both over his back. He paused for a moment, thinking. "I feel like I'm forgetting something..." He mumbled to himself, looking around. His eyes lit up. "Ahh!" He exclaimed, grabbing his sunglasses and putting them on. "There we go." He tossed his throwing knives into a bag for later before calling Fenrir. "Fen! C'mon! Times a-wastin!"

As son as Kane said ‘Be ready in 15 minutes’ he was up and out of bed, shoes on, a dark green jacket over his shoulders and had his sword, knifes and switchblade on him all in about five minutes. He walked out and stood by Kane strait backed and chin up, nodding to say “I’m ready.” The boy filled out a little, he was still on the skinny side but his ribs where no longer so prominent, and he looked cleaner and well rested then he has before. A small note pad was tucked in his jaket pocket along with a pen, just in case he may need it.

Elf shrugged, "Something like that she replied and glanced at Skinner. Oh how she wished he didn't wreck technology. She could have given him a jawbone mic and they could communicate between each other. Now she had to use Body Language. Ugh, how tiring to analyze every little twitch Skinner did. That, or she could handle the situation her way.

Skinner nodded thoughtfully, Serket's eh? Need to remember that one he made a mental check to look them up later. Skinner clutched his chest in fake insult, "Hear that Elf? We don't belong" He said, winking at the android, "I just got to town. Been living in the world of mortals my whole life, Decided I needed a change in scenery if I was ever going to improve" he explained, "Anyway I was hired to track down the revenge killer that murdered your friend. I was on his trail when it lead me here. I got here right after he left and I found him dead in that chair." That was the truth...sort of. He left out the details about the sword, of course.

As Skinner rambled on about his back story, Elfte was hard at work trying to track Fette and Cerin down. They might need back up and if not, they could at least all go get a drink. She was filing through her various sensors trying to find their partners. They were our of the range of her olfactory sensors, Fette didn't carry enough metal for her magnascope to pick them up, and Nightfall doesn't have a CCTV array or satellites. She was just settling for tracing the phone lines. She had enough recordings of Fette's voice to do a sweep. As long as he was talking she could find him. Only problem was the odds of her listening to the right phone at the right time were astronomical.

"-what you've got 'ta say. This little fella will let you know when-"There he is Finding him wasn't as hard as she thought. The man never stopped talking after all. She brought up the number of that pay phone on her HUD and dialed.

On the other end, the closest payphone to Fette and Cerin began to ring. Upon answer there was no voice, Elfte didn't want to give herself away to Waltz, instead, the dial tone sounded

". . . _ _ _ . . ." to whoever picked it up.

"Good." Kane said with a firm nod - he was all business now. Back at the pack he and Alex, the Beta, were in charge of training the children and newly turned wolves. "First, we're going to cover throwing knives - different than rocks. This," He said, pulling out a knife from the bag, "is a blade heavy knife. You want to throw it while gripping the handle." He set it on the ground and rummaged around in the bag carefully before pulling out another knife. "This is a handle heavy knife, so you need to throw it while gripping the blade." He grabbed one more knife, showing it to him. "This is a balanced knife, with the weight in the middle. You can throw this from either the blade or the handle, but I recommend the handle." He told him. With an easy but well-practiced stance, he threw the knife in a smooth motion, and it whistled mere centimeters from Fenrir's ear. "That is what I'm going to teach you to do." He told the young wolf. "Now get the knife and I'll show you how to throw it - we can work on the other two later." He ordered, arms crossed in his 'no nonsense' mode. He put the other two knives back in his bag. "Once we work on that for a while, we'll move on to sword fighting. And then archery." He told him, pulling his sheathed sword out of his bag.

Fenrir nods and retrieves the knife and held it, he was used to the knives being a little heavier. He went and stood by Kane and pinched the handle drawing back and throwing it, hitting the target and embedding deep in to it, where it quivered a few inches from the bull’s eye. He blinked and looked at Kane. He retrieved it again and threw it, repeating this several more times always missing the center. He grew frustrated and snarled on his tenth time throwing it by the blade end and hurled it hard with an accompanying snarl and the knife blade pierced the center of the bullseye and embedded the wood behind the target.