LeviathinGeneral

Frills Reappearing?

Is it just me, or are they referenceing a possible rerelease of the Frill:

Only the soft crooning of their Frill dragon governess manages to call the hyperactive flock away.

I am excited if it is.

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

Is it just me, or are they referenceing a possible rerelease of the Frill:

Only the soft crooning of their Frill dragon governess manages to call the hyperactive flock away.

I am excited if it is.

That is a good question. I hadn't infered that from that line but there WAS talk about the possibility.

The way I read that is that frills are pictured as being a nurturing kind of dragon. Their creator fully supported frills getting the nurture BSA. Frills are still on scrolls. The writer of the story wanted to include a nanny type of dragon and a frill seemed a natural choice. I wouldn't read any more into the mention of frills in the story than that.

TJ did just remove the frill egg from the encyclopedia, so it seems pretty unlikely as much as I would like it.

The frills aren't completely gone. The way I see the situation with the discontinuation is that all of them got some kind of disease, making them infertile/unable to produce frilled offspring. There are still frill dragons scattered about because they are dragons and live a long time. I do believe you to be reading too much into it smile.gif

TJ did just remove the frill egg from the encyclopedia, so it seems pretty unlikely as much as I would like it.

maaaayyyyybe it was removed so it could be updated with new shading? i don't know, i just remember back when they were being removed i wasn't happy about it. if they're not coming back, i'm fine with my little family, but i'd love it if they did

All true, and probably right - but we can all dream and hope! I for one would love the opportunity to have some on my scroll, as they came and left before I started playing! I would / will so hoard them if they ever come back! smile.gif

I agree that the appearance of a Frill in the story is probably nothing, they just needed a motherly dragon.

However, I remember that before it closed that thread about re-releasing the Frills recently had had a very good reaction and both the artist and TJ had responded positively so we might get them back anyway. I certainly hope so since they were gone before I got here so I don't have any.

And about the pedia entry, the Frill and BP eggs were removed because the eggs are currently unavailable and the completionists out there didn't like having a sprite that could never be unlocked. If the Frills come back he'll probably just re-add the egg to the entry, no big deal.

I think you're reading too much into it..

It would be great though if that were true. (Trying hard not to get excited about the frills again)

While I wouldn't say no to a re-release of the Frills, I wouldn't get my hopes up over a mention on them in the event. Not saying it won't ever happen or anything, I just don't see this as much of a hint. :0

it would be awesome if Frills come back, but I agree just only because Frills are mentioned in the event that don't mean they will be available again.

I would cry, if they were, they are one of my favorite sprites (and have been always)

Considering the Frill thread where plenty of people were on board with it coming back, including the artist, I don't doubt that the Frill will return someday. Maybe the event isn't a reference to it, but it's not disproving it either.

I also was wondering if that meant something. I hope it does! I hadn't noticed that they were gone from the encyclopedia though, cuz I just plain don't look at it anymore. Too much work for something I'm just not interested in.

I hope so, maybe it will be a new year release so we - and the dragon - start off fresh.... smile.gif It is going to be 2015 after all, a pretty perfect number IMO. laugh.gif

Please, please can this be something good!

Well, I'd love the Return of the Frills to finally occur; unfortunately, I have to agree with previous commenters that the mention of a suitable nursemaid-type dragon in a story-line doesn't seem to be a likely hint of their immediate return, just that they're so darned handy to have around!

Hmmm.... While I doubt that it's foreshadowing, I certainly wish it were!

On the other hand... January is a time when, with the raffle the only thing that happens and that only for a very small minority... It tends to be a very explosive time for the forums. Re-releasing Frills then would seriously blunt the normal explosion over Prizes, good and bad.

Cheers!

C4.

Re-releasing Frills then would seriously blunt the normal explosion over Prizes, good and bad.

Reading about Frills and Prizes in the same sentence just made me imagine recolored Frills in gold, silver and bronze, and now I can't get that picture out of my head xd.png

Hope they'll come back soon, and I'd love to see the red and brown variants in cave as well!