Mightycucumber

Project: Making Pyrope Pyralspite Rares?

I've been thinking about this for a while now - is anyone feeling a little bad for those little fellas? While their alpine and coastal bretheren revel on the rare status, poor Pyropes were relegated to nothing but commoners... sad.gif

Is there any way for us to help tip the plates of the scale so that they all share the same status? How could we accomplish this? By massive breeding? By adopting eggs?...I seriously don't know, but I'd like you guys to join me in this little quest. tongue.gif

So, who's with me?!

user posted image
Edited by Mightycucumber

I don't really see any sense in this. I'd rather have the other two become more common...

Just hoard a Pyrope army and mass-breed them weekly :3

I've been doing just that with my small (but evergrowing!) little army. tongue.gif

However, I alone wouldn't even be able to "scratch the surface", so to speak, thus why I'm asking help to whoever is interested! smile.gif

So even if you have one or two Pyropes lying around, breed them whenever you can guys! shades.png

Edited by Mightycucumber

It almost seems like something's weird with the ratios. I have never gotten anything but a pyralspite from a breeding with a pyralspite (excluding holiday breedings) no matter what the color. However, the pyropes are just so common as CBs and the almandines/spessartines are so rare.

Could just be my luck, don't know.

I've been grabbing Pyropes because I'm using them for a lineage, but for the same one I need just two more Spessartines and they are outright impossible to get right now! *Pout*

Lol, common is good - we can actually get at least one colour of pyralspite.

Rare to the point of practically being extinct is useless - there's almost no point to a breed nobody can get enough of to breed lineages with.

I don't even understand why there's such a big difference in rarity betwen the pyralspites. Even though coppers have varied rarity, at least they're all on the same stage rolleyes.gif Even now, I only have 2 CB Almandines from their first release. I did hog a bunch of Pyropes.

But I think the ratios will sort itself out, I've heard that Stripes and Blacks used to be pretty rare, now they're common as well.

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

I'd rather actually get some Almandines and Spessartines than take Pyropes to the same level. e_e *wasn't around for the release and all she has are Pyropes*

Not that I mind that much, because imo they're the prettiest variety. But still. Completion and all. :]

Edited by Orlageddon

As someone who loves all 3 Pyralspites, I'd love for the Spessartines and Almandines to be as common as the Pyropes! I get the feeling they're supposed to be, so hopefully something will even them out. :'D

Yeah, breeding anything with Pyralspites seems to favor an egg from the breed. Out of a lot of breeding attempts, only two eggs came out a non-Pyralspite for me.

I've been thinking about this for a while now - is anyone feeling a little bad for those little fellas? While their alpine and coastal bretheren revel on the rare status, poor Pyropes were relegated to nothing but commoners... sad.gif

Is there any way for us to help tip the plates of the scale so that they all share the same status? How could we accomplish this? By massive breeding? By adopting eggs?...I seriously don't know, but I'd like you guys to join me in this little quest. tongue.gif

Hey, NO! I'm glad I can get at least ONE type of those pretty gems!

I'd rather this not happen. I don't see the appeal of making them any more rare. They don't block the cave or anything. Pyropes get picked up pretty quickly when they do appear and all of my pyralspites like to produce their own kind when bred (regardless of cave rarity). I like having the option of being able to pick pyropes up if I want to. I'd also like the other two to become a little less rare.

Edited by Jazeki

I've been doing just that with my small (but evergrowing!) little army. tongue.gif

However, I alone wouldn't even be able to "scratch the surface", so to speak, thus why I'm asking help to whoever is interested! smile.gif

So even if you have one or two Pyropes lying around, breed them whenever you can guys! shades.png

But wouldn't mass breeding these guys make them MORE common than they are? Seems to me like mass adoptions without breeding would be what would make them rarer.

I've actually started to hoard CB Pyropes. I can't help it. They feel like polished stone and they're so shiny! <3 They want me to pick them up, yes they do!

I have yet to see any of their rare kin, but I'm sure if they were more common, I'd hoard them, too. biggrin.gif

Oh, yes yes, let's make ALL the pyralspites really really rare and impossible to get, and not just have the same ratios, with everyone having a much higher chance of getting the Volcano variant while the Coast and Mountain variants get a little more time to simmer down their current values.

/that was sarcasm by the way

:U To be honest I'm just going to wait it out for the people to start to realize that they have too much of them, and wait for the sniping to slow down, before going in and catching another pair or two to make a sweet looking EG lineage...

6 months to a year, me thinks, would be good.

(3 months is too little for the dragons to act like their ratio...)

(/quietly glares at the Copper's "pricetag")

I'm all in for making them uncommon as their ratios were suppose to be, but what can we do 'bout that, force all the people sniping to stop doing it as they themselves cannot do the same thing?

Edited by car340

I'd rather see all the varieties of Pyralsprites become common. Not a fan of either artificial or organic rarity.

But wouldn't mass breeding these guys make them MORE common than they are? Seems to me like mass adoptions without breeding would be what would make them rarer.

No - that's kind of what happened with blusangs. The ratio of them among the other dragons was set (I assume) and then everyone bred them - which hit their limit. As for the year blacks almost vanished because of the desperate breeding for alts (you would not believe what you could get for a CB black on trading forums...)

Mass breeding results in the thing getting less common, not more.

There might be a slight mismatch between meanings of "common" here.

Of course, breeding many of them will make them "common" as in, there are many out there! However, if there are already many adults, fewer eggs will be produced - that makes them "less common" or even "rare" when it comes to catching, breeding and trading.

I suspect that the OP means the second version: rarity of NEW eggs.

No please!

Pypalspites are very nice, but due to their rarity is almost impossible to work on lineages involving cb almandine and spessertine.

Let's have at least one kind of them we can catch and use!

i'd rather the CB Spessis and Cb Almands become less rare personally. its nice to have another bright orange and bright pink dragon to work with and a shame there so dang on hard to catch sad.gif

I'd rather see the Almadines and Spessies become easier obtainable too, the way Pyropes drop is perfect, they all get picked up and don't block the Cave - I wish their cousins would drop this way too... they're lovely dragons but because of low drop rates and high market prices you just don't see as many pretty lineage work with them, which is a real shame.

Edited by stagazer_7

No thank you! I'd much prefer if Almandines and Spessartines weren't rare. I'm working on a lineage with Almandines and haven't been able to collect even the base dragons yet.

I think the rarity of the Almandines and Spessartines is just user-driven. It's still fairly recent after the release, and I don't think the ratios have had the chance to even out yet. Maybe.

I'd much rather all Pyralspites be uncommon or common than all be rare.