Saynna

Mistletoe Dragon Breeding Plans!

Some image tests, linked to save space and load time. Feel free to crop them if you like a specific pair or whatnot. I just didn't want to upload so many files. ><

Icy pairs, since I always collect them:

{Winter, Ice, Frostbite}

Miscellaneous:

{Lumina, Black Tea, Almandine Pyralspite}

{Nhiostrife, Tri-Horns, Speckle-Throats}

{Nocturne (Night), Pillow, Electric}

{Valentines pairs}

{Halloween pairs} (Wide image!)

{Christmas pairs}

And two more, two impossible and one near impossible, just for the heck of it. :b

{Holly} ----- {Solstice} -----{Arsani}

Edited by 11th

I'm wanting to start several lineages that will eventually reach their 5th or 6th gen. I'm wanting to start now so I can stock up on future mates (just in case I get refusals). I'm trying to narrow it down to 4 between Moonstone, Daydream, Ice (my fav but will be put on hold for if and when I can ever grab a male!), Pyrope, green, fleshcrown, winter seasonal, Skywing, Sunsong, and waterhorse and maybe black or white. The winter is for sure with a Proven Pair while the ice will have to wait which leaves 3 to choose out of 10. Which do yall think would look best? Which pairing is trending and most likely to have future mates available? And how/where can we ask for lineage swaps without getting into the whole mess about IOUs (again forum policy to post about)?

PS: Are there any threads out there like this for other holidays? I have several I need a lineage swap on and some cb I would like fresh ideas for.

Edited by JBluewind

I'm thinking Misteltoe X Vine might be an interesting pairing. Even without the soil and flowers of the Vine sprite the greens are different enough to tell at a glance that it's a two-breed lineage, but the plantiness of both of them matches.

Also the first ever dragon I raised to adulthood was a Vine and the Mistletoes are my first CB Holiday dragons :3

I've got my new Undine so when it grows I'll have my first breeding pair to get the lineage started. I decided to keep my second Mistletoe mateless until later in the year to see what new dragons we get this year that may look nice with it. I'm hoping for a nice new red dragon, I think that would look really Christmas-y

Right now my favourite pairings are with Pink and Waterhorse but I also love them with Ice. Decisions, decisions... tongue.gif

And how/where can we ask for lineage swaps without getting into the whole mess about IOUs (again forum policy to post about)?

PS: Are there any threads out there like this for other holidays? I have several I need a lineage swap on and some cb I would like fresh ideas for.

You may be able to request here:

Lineage Gifting ,Requests and Trading Centre or Special Release Offspring Gifting Group 2.0.

Many people will breed certain pairs if requested of them, for no cost. If you're looking for say, Ice x Mistletoe, put that in your signature, profile or wishlist (the latter two are redundant suggestions for you, but for others that want to do the same). You'd be surprised at how many people would be willing to help, I know I was when looking for 2G Bleeding Moons for my Wrapping Wing lineage. happy.gif

On topic,

Here's a lineage preview of Green Nebula x Mistletoe. I like the contrast between mostly green with some blue to mostly black with some green. The sparkly effect each dragon has looks nice as well (though not visible on this image).

user posted image

Am I the only one thinking they would look gorgeous with Almandines? :3

Shame I don't have any Almandine males myself dry.gif

user posted image x user posted image

Gold wyvern would be pretty cool too!

Or mints! ^^

I know for 100% there is one on Radiant Angels, Graves, and Desipises (since I made those threads) so I'll dig around for those and PM you in case you don't see this. wink.gif They're mainly what people think they would look good with those breeds, but I bet you could see what people are definitely planning to do for a lineage project. smile.gif

Frostbites are my favorite so far, I think that's what I'll breed next year. :3 And Daydreams of course, it happens to be very pretty imo, but the pairing is par for the course for me no matter what it looks like... xd.png

Hmm, I think I'll use Undines for one lineage as I have plenty of Undine males, and I may use Frostbites for a second lineage, though Ice dragons would be amazing if I could get them CB, and Falconiforms would look pretty nice too... On second thought, I may go with Falconiforms after all.

I decided on one with Whites and am still thinking about the second lineage. GWs look amazing, but I'd run out so fast...

Want to breed mine with WINTERS

Me too! I already swapped for one and would like to swap for one more. Then I would be set to breed my own Mistletoes for the holiday dragons.

They look really nice with Nebulas.

I know for 100% there is one on Radiant Angels, Graves, and Desipises (since I made those threads) so I'll dig around for those and PM you in case you don't see this. wink.gif They're mainly what people think they would look good with those breeds, but I bet you could see what people are definitely planning to do for a lineage project. smile.gif

Thank you! Yeah, I'm having a time deciding and the simulated lineages help. I created a wishlist I and put the link in my siggy and put my most wanted mates up on my page, but I guess adding them directly to my siggy might help.

What's your favorite mates for mistletoe? I've yet to see a sim of several of the ones I'm looking at (asked about above), so I'm torn. unsure.gif

Edit: Waterhorse is too pretty. Yep. That's gonna be one ohmy.gif

Edited by JBluewind

user posted image

Opinions on this? I think it would make a nice checker...

I like it. The resulting AoC would look great! happy.gif

Thank you! Yeah, I'm having a time deciding and the simulated lineages help. I created a wishlist I and put the link in my siggy and put my most wanted mates up on my page, but I guess adding them directly to my siggy might help.

What's your favorite mates for mistletoe? I've yet to see a sim of several of the ones I'm looking at (asked about above), so I'm torn. unsure.gif

Edit: Waterhorse is too pretty. Yep. That's gonna be one ohmy.gif

Desipises, Radiant Angels, Graves.

I thought I made the thread for Graves, I apparently did not. laugh.gif

And also, you're welcome! Yeah the simulated lineages help a lot especially since they are more evenly spaced (that can be debated), but I personally think the names/codes adds character to the lineage view and makes it more interesting to me. =]

My absolute favorite so far is Bright-breasted wyverns, I think it really brings out the blue in the BBWs that I've never noticed until I paired them up like that. ^__^ There have been many instances where I haven't noticed too much of a dragon's feature until I paired them up with other dragons and an example would be the white dragon's blue eyes. Paired it up with a blue nebula and I started seeing more of the blue within the white dragon's sprite. I really noticed the blue eyes and the slight blue lines within the sprites around the wing area smile.gif

A few other favorites are green nebulas and canopy. The canopy (male versions) just give so much festivity to Christmas dragons because of those different beautiful colors on its underwing. ^___^ This would be an example.

I really want to breed them with Ices (or Thunders and Blusangs, if I can get a CB male).

I can't decide between Ice and Winter. Arggghhhhh!

The paleness of the Winter brings out the far edge of the wing. The intense blue brings out the nearer parts of the wing. And both make the loveliness of the Mistletoe Pop!

http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Eleeveen...teTest.png.html

I'm going to have another forever project like with my Graves and Spessartines showing here if I don't be careful!

I have one with Nue in its code, and I just caught a Pyrope with Nue in its code. I think I'm going to breed them~

I've yet to see a sim of several of the ones I'm looking at (asked about above), so I'm torn. unsure.gif

Here are the sims from the breeds you were interested in. This was fun to do, I didn't expect Imperial Fleshcrownes to look rather nice with Mistletoes. I'm also partial to the Waterhorses, though they look good with a lot of breeds.

I've linked them all since they are 5G sims and are therefore on the larger size. Here they are:

Mistletoe x Black

Mistletoe x Daydream

Mistletoe x Fleshcrowne

Mistletoe x Green

Mistletoe x Ice

Mistletoe x Moonstone

Mistletoe x Pyrope

Mistletoe x Skywing

Mistletoe x Sunsong

Mistletoe x Waterhorse

Mistletoe x White

Mistletoe x Winter

After further consideration, I like Whites, Waterhorses, and Skywings, though I'm still considering both Pinks and Sunrises. Choices, choices...