HomeForFlowers

Ultimate Guide to Legendaries

user posted image

With a snicker at Caitiff's face contorted at his nickname, Darkrai shot him a pleased grin before folding her arms and turning her attention to the mayhem before her. Marigold, most likely inspired by the heart-wrenching and dramatic speech performed by none other that then revered Princess, decided to toss her opinion out in the open. Though Marigold's attempt at a malicious laugh, while doing a cartwheel in the air, was perhaps the most adorable thing Darkrai had heard all day, her speech was quite the opposite. The carefree smile slapped upon Darkrai's face quickly diminished as Marigold began to lash out at Princess. Her speech was a mix between her own personal feelings about how people treated her and how childish she felt Princess was acting. It was highly amusing to see someone who wanted to play tag moments ago roast the blood knight that was Princess.

At the same time though it was somewhat enigmatic for Darkrai to see someone stand up for her. It wasn't that she disapproved, far from that, it just felt so wrong. Darkrai felt queer enough, in more than one way, without having to see someone, a stranger no less, stand up for her. It wasn't that Darkrai didn't agree with her, it was the fact that she did agree with Marigold. Darkrai wasn't supposed to agree with anyone when it came to how she should be treated or how justice for her actions should be served. It was programmed in her mind that what Princess wanted was what the majority wanted. Princess had done her calculations and thought about the eternal dance for thousands of years. Each and every time she concluded the same core idea, Darkrai had to be stopped, no matter the cost. Darkrai, of course, disagree with such a philosophy, but who cared what she wanted? It wasn't like she didn't commit the crimes Cresselia spoke of. She didn't reap the lives of millions but she wasn't innocent. Darkrai was guilty of some, not all, of the crimes Cresselia pinned upon her and, to be honest, Darkrai didn't care. No one was supposed to agree with Darkrai, that's how it had been and that's how it was suppose to be. Just hearing Marigold agree with what Darkrai had been saying for so long made her uncomfortable. Marigold, though her intentions might be pure, did not know the whole story. Darkrai could bet a pretty penny that Marigold would turn against her if she knew the whole story. After all, everyone turned against her in the end. That's how it was supposed to be and nothing would change that.

The ice beam from Princess, followed by Azelf's warning and Princess's shriek filled escape acted as a reminder to Darkrai to put her mask back on and continue her facade. As such, she let out a bark of laughter as Princess fled from the premise. Brushing her hand through her white plume, Darkrai bestowed the siblings a grin before leaning on a nearby tree.

"I think you hurt little Princess' feelings," Darkrai chuckled heartily as she turned her head to an angle. "That tree isn't going mend its wounds anytime soon, poor thing, it only wanted to conduct photosynthesis and act as housing for Starly." Darkrai uncrossed her arms and displayed them outwards before accompanying a shrug with a shake of her head. When Marigold, who had recovered from the ice beam, asked if Darkrai still wanted to play, she blinked at Marigold with a raised visage. "You sure you want to play?" Darkrai questioned the small pink being. "You look exhausted. You could probably use a nap, hun." Glancing over at Caitiff, Darkrai made a small nodding motion towards Marigold. "I'm guessing you came here for her?" Darkrai questioned. "You don't have to tell me otherwise, I'd prefer to go off on my assumption. Go ahead and do... whatever it was you were going to before all of this nonsense started." Darkrai waved her hand nonchalantly at Caitiff before leaning more heavily against the tree, letting the bark scratch against her back.

(Bleeeh why)

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Azelf blinked in shock at how fast everything happened. His mind was still in Nasty Plot when it ended and he knew it would take a bit to wear off. He sighed and said with a darkened smirk, "...awe... that's a shame... I thought I was actually going to be helpful this time." He shook is head and wiped off the smirk. He blinked again and looked to Darkrai relax. "I have many reasons to start blaming you for this... but that would be cliche... and since Cresselia did cause most of the damage I will leave the blame on her inability to be civil." He floated over to his sister and helped her up. "Darkrai is right you need you rest sister." A slight fear pained him suddenly as he saw his sister exhausted and needing of rest. His head turned to Darkrai with a worried look. "Please don't give her nightmares... If anything she took your side, ignorant or not. The least you could is let her rest peacefully while you have your own break from being pursuited." He didn't want to beg but he couldn't bear to think of his sister in a nightmare if he had the ability to stop it from happening. He had to try, even if it was at his own expense.

user posted image

Mesprit rubbed at an eye, yawning. Her floating form drooped slightly, dipping towards the ground until she caught herself and floated back up. "Sleeping is a nice idea...," she murmured, glancing between her brother and Darkrai. Turning her head to look at the offended tree, she frowned. "Cresselia is a meanie. I don't like Cresselia. I'll have to play a trick on her when I see her next," she remarked, tails weaving slowly and curling around her small feet.

Worry from Azelf wormed its way into her head before his words registered. By then, anger and malice sprouted from Darkrai and Mesprit's eyes widened. "Brother! How could you be so mean? No wonder Uxie is the smart one! You're stupid to assume that Darkrai would give me nightmares!" she shouted at him, glowering and folding her arms with a hmph.

Turning the Darkrai, she slipped between the two and smiled brightly. "Maybe we can play after I wake up? If your tired, you can sleep with me! My cavern is warm and quiet enough," she offered.

[[Let me know if I got Darkrai's emotions wrong.]]

Edited by Narvix

user posted image

"The affected lakes will be healed, Kyogre. Have faith in that."

The words the King of the Sea spoke last resonated the most with the God of the Sea. The life ponds would be saved, somehow, and Lugia was going to help. That comforted him a little more as the other legendary swam away.

Should he head on to Johto as well? Or look for other legendaries on his way to the other regions? He wasn't sure. Heading to Johto would be where Suicune might be, and was what Kyogre originally set out to do with the plan of Groundon. But something else sparked the attention of the great sea-god, and it wasn't just that a Chinchou had swam by.

The brothers. "His brothers are sure to try to talk sense into him." The words Lugia spoke were floating back through Kyogre's mind. What if the brothers didn't? That was a possibility. Maybe they didn't know yet, as he was pretty sure it could be a similar situation as with him and Groundon. Groundon could appear and Kygore would not have known unless a larger ruckus was caused. His counter-part didn't even know Kyogre had been awake all these years the God of the Land had slept.

The large whale-like god swam in the direction of Johto a little more, drifting to the bottom of the sea where the currents Lugia held reign over resided. He floated along those very slowly, allowing himself to think. Suicune could be doing this without Entei or Raikou knowing. Or, even worse, Suicune may have trapped the other two into helping him somehow. He highly doubt the two brothers would willingly support such a harrowing cause. All of those options did not bode well with Kyogre, but he would allow Lugia to take cause here. This was his domain, and Kyogre merely a guest.

He floated along in the currents, wondering what else he could do here as he started to drift by the outlying isles where the legendary birds dwelled.

user posted image

Dialga nodded to Groudon and turned, flying off shortly as a rift in Time opened up. Before long he was back in his own domain, surrounded by the floating crystals of Time that kept everything in balance. He floated over to his giant crystal, landing gracefully and gazing at the one that held Arceus first. Still dull and unmoving. Palkia's crystal showed the brother residing peacefully, resting from what he could tell. He would let the other legend sleep, and turned to Giratina's crystal. "Distortion Brother, are you there?" He called out with an air of concern flecking the tone. He awaited an answer from Giratina, expecting the other to answer.

The other brother rarely left his domain unless something was terribly wrong. But Dialga knew too well Giratina had a wild streak in him, and an unstable temper if even the slightest imbalance were to happen to his world. He hoped the Distortion World's ruler was still around, or they were going to have much much larger and harder problems to deal with than just Suicune destroying the waters.

user posted image

Giratina returned to his own dimension with the intent of finding his Time-bending brother. He flew, avoiding the poisonous clouds that still floated around in various numbers in his world. It was falling apart, but he needed to control his rage. For now. He needed to find Dialga.

The God of Distortion snaked his way through the bending and shifting buildings and crystals of the Distortion World, checking for any sign of Dialga out in the real world. He knew the Steel/Dragon type legendary had an affinity with Kyogre, who was still very much awake from what he noticed. Lugia and Kyogre's image passed by in a couple crystals. They were talking. He shuddered slightly, resisting the urge to meet with them to find more about the subject.

The massive crystal pillars holding together the glacier were still in tact, and the poisonous clouds that had signified Dialga and Palkia waking up had moved on now, apparently now accepted as ok in his world. He floated to the crystals, not even bothering to glance to Arceus' crystal and turning his back on Palkia's since the other had gone silent. He focussed on Dialga's crystal, and was very surprised when the legendary spoke through it.

"I am brother!" He called back, suddenly adopting a similar way of speaking style. He decided to interrupt anything Dialga would say and cut right to the chase. "Do you have any news at all of what is going on? The world here is unhappy. Falling apart. Kyogre is on the move, as I am sure you also realize- you two being such good friends." He sounded urgent, though the strange way of speaking still was present. Dialga had that affect on you sometimes. Sometimes you just spoke that way without ever wanting to. He hoped the other brother would have many answers.

(Repost for Entei. A list of inactive characters whose owners have no informed me of the reason of their absence will be available to be taken by others on the 1st. Inform me beforehand if you want a certain inactive character if you wish. First comes first serve!)

user posted image

When Caitiff turned his head towards Darkrai and began to warn her, she lifted up her hands in the universal sign of surrender. She gave the embodiment of willpower a crooked grin as he mentioned throwing the blame on Princess for being uncivil.

"Well aren't you late to the party," Darkrai playfully teased as she lowered her hands and began rolling her shoulders comfortably. "Princess has never been civil and if you pull a, 'She never seemed to unreasonable before,' I'm going to smack you upside of the head." To Darkrai, it was highly amusing that Caitiff seemed to hesitant to throw the blame onto Princess. It was like he wasn't sure if he was even allowed to be upset with the creator of dreams. "What? Cresselia did something bad? Are you sure it's not Darkrai's fault? You saw Cresselia commit the crime out in daylight with twenty witnesses? Are you sure Darkrai wasn't disguised as Cresselia to throw us off? No? By Mew, this wasn't in the job description! Alright, give her a smack on the wrist and send her off on her way. That'll teach her to not be naughty!" Darkrai had to discreetly cover her mouth to keep from chuckling.

Caitiff's next words proved to be the perfect way to cure Darkrai of her unwanted chuckles. A surge of contempt surged through Darkrai and the tips of her lips twitched ever so slightly. It was somewhat hard to believe that Caitiff had the audacity to beg her to not harm his sister after the commotion with Princess. Did he seriously think that Darkrai was that horrific? Did he truly think that her heart was a block of ice; did he think that she would turn against him and his sister so soon? Well, he wasn't incorrect in thinking that there was a possibility that Darkrai would put herself above him and his sister, which she was currently doing, but it didn't soften the blow of his words. Of course he thought Darkrai was as malicious as the fables said. He had no reason to believe otherwise. It wasn't like he could of taken the time to check and see if he had all the facts in order instead of blindly following what everyone else said like a marrep. Oh no, sirree, that would require him to actually do some research and do something beyond sleep in the middle of a lake for centuries. Besides, Caitiff couldn't possibly take the risk of leaving his lake! It would be far to dangerous, someone might just throw litter into the water. Caitiff couldn't allow that, the lake would be ruined! What would the children think?

With her internal disappointment dissipating, Darkrai plastered on another fake smile. Although Marigold, who correctly assumed that Caitiff's words were indeed hurtful, corrected her brother, Darkrai find no comfort in her words and simply threw them aside. Marigold might of understood that Caitiff's words pushed a button, she could not comprehend the extent of their effect.

"Oh, you needn't worry," Darkrai replied, waving her hand nonchalantly in the air. "I wasn't planning on staying. No offense, but Princess knows I'm here and she'll come back for sure. I'd rather increase the distance between us than allow her to find me quickly after she recovers." It was always Darkrai's intention to leave the siblings after Princess was dealt with. She had even pondered upon fleeing with the three battled. That didn't happen but the thought of it was in Darkrai's mind. At the offer of sleeping with Marigold, Darkrai let a amorous look flash upon her face.

"Hm, a tempting offer," she mused, flicking her gaze upwards and scratching her chin. "Alas, it is not possible. You wish for no nightmares and for such a desire I must not be in the premise." Darkrai gave Caitiff a wandering glance before tearing her eyes away. She had no intention of interacting with Marigold beyond the current day, but it would be enjoyable to see Caitiff's reaction to Darkrai's words.

"I'm afraid I simply cannot stay," Darkrai said with a small shrug. "At your leave, lake guardians."

user posted image

At Raikou's response, Entei's heart sank and he diverted his gaze from his electric brother, much favoring the ground of the alcove instead. Secretly, he wished Raikou would stand against Suicune and proclaim the insanity of his ideals out into the open air. Alas, that was not to be. Even if Raikou managed to turn his back upon his water brother, that would make it so that Entei would either have to go against his word and meet his water brother in combat or stay with Suicune and fight Raikou on the battlefield. It didn't matter which path he followed, Entei would have no choice but to fight one of his siblings, something he dreaded greatly. Shifting his paws uncomfortably, Entei looked back up at Suicune, not quite meeting his gaze. The calamity that Suicune wished to wrought upon the world would surely not end in his favor. Ho-Oh would no doubt highly disapprove of Suicune's mission and be greatly disappointed in her creations for partaking in such a ludicrous task. There were many mortals who would oppose Suicune, some whose power rivaled his, and the other legendaries would no doubt do their best to stop Suicune. What could Entei do? He could not turn his back upon Suicune. They were family and family is what mattered the most. Even if his brother's mind had gone to the void, Entei would follow him. Family was everything.

At hearing Suicune's words, Entei frowned. Why on earth would Entei and Raikou wait for Suicune to poison the lakes of Johto and then join afterwards? That was the exact opposite of why Entei joined Suicune on his suicide mission!

"I hope you have not gone deaf brother," Entei rumbled, taking a step forward and inclining his head in Suicune's direction. "I said I would not sit idly while you go off and get yourself killed. If you truly think that I can just sit here and wait for your return after you poison the major water sources of Johto, you are wrong. I will stand by your side no matter where you lead me. I shall be at your side, no matter where you may roam."

Though that may not be a good thing to be exact.

A glance at the burning forest behind him sent shivers through Entei's body. He knew his powers were unstable, but he did not think he could so easily forgot his power and the consequences of it. How could be so foolish? The forest by the time he got there but the fire he had caused was surely not helping it recover. Entei bowed his head, fear spiking his mind. If he could not control his powers, how was he supposed to protect his brothers? Entei couldn't bear the thought of losing one of his brothers and would surely die of despair if he lost both. How much more pathetic could he get?

((well, this is pretty bad, but at least it's a post.))

Ho-Oh watched as Deoxys stared at the egg, the alien Pokemon seemingly struggling to process this new information. She waddled over their, tucking her wings tight against her body.

Slowly, Deoxys bent down, picking up the large blue egg and cradling it in its arms.

“Wistful, wondering, the skies beckoned and the unknown came. A child unborn has been left for us to command, but for what reasons was this done? This path was not of our choosing, yet we are thrown onto it. Who throws us into the fray without our consent?"

Ho-oh grimaced.

She was achingly familiar with being dragged into situations she would have preferred to avoid. Before this, none of them had included raising an egg. All of her decisions she regretted paled in comparison to the weight of being responsible for an entire child. She had never had to actively care for someone before. Her “children”, the being she had created, had all been left to fend for themselves. At the time that had seemed like a good idea, but now Ho-Oh wished she had taken the time to raise them. She had no idea how to handle children.

"Questions touch my mind and seek my tongue," Deoxys hummed, interrupting her thoughts with their quiet speech. "What answers could lie before us? Is our journey hindered by this intrusion or was this always intended? Is it a coincidence or fate? I can never decide..."

Ho-Oh brought her head level the egg, looking at it intently.

“I--“

Before she could reply, the egg nestled in Deoxys’ arms began to glow with a blinding white light, fading to a deep red at the core. The egg morphed and changed, twisting itself into new form.

Ho-Oh blinked, startled. Was it hatching? Her own rebirth was much different from this.

Was this what hatching was?

The white glow faded, revealing a small tentacled blue creature with broad flipper-like arms, bright black eyes, and a beatific smile.

The child blinked up at them, it’s smiling expression quickly turning pained and confused. As it stared at Deoxys, the corners of its mouth quivered. It sniffed loudly, drawing in a deep breath.

For a moment the air was still and quiet.

Suddenly, the child screeched, opening its mouth to let out a piercing wail. Ho-Oh winced, deafened by the noise.

She shuffled behind Deoxys, bending her neck over their shoulder to stare at the child.

“Is there something wrong with it? Why is it crying?” she asked, raising her voice to be heard above the din. “Will it stop?”

From the child’s expression and the intensity of its cries, it didn’t seem like it would.

Oh dear.

Ho-Oh sighed. Her forehead wrinkled with worry.

I have no idea what to do.

She hopped nervously around Deoxys, staring at the child from different angles, trying to pinpoint the cause of its distress. She nudged it gently with her beak.

“Is it cold?” she asked, starting to fret. She nudged it again. “Is it hungry?”

She pulled her head back, tucking her chin against her feathers. “I- I have some dried berries, but... what do small blue things eat?”

She paused for a moment, thinking, then plunged her beak underneath a wing. Ruffling through the feathers, she hunted for her bag, dislodging a few bright red feathers in the process. Finally she pulled it out, the woven fabric clenched in her beak. She dumped the bag unceremoniously onto the ground, then picked up a chunk of dried apple.

No, this won’t work.

Glancing at the baby, she frowned, then dropped the apple slice on the ground.

This won’t do at all. This is much too big for a baby to eat.

She pecked at the fruit, trying to slice it into smaller pieces as neatly as she could, which wasn’t very neatly.

She glanced up at Deoxys.

“Will it eat this?” she asked, nearly hysterical.

user posted image

Turning her gaze upon Kyurem, Zekrom paused in uncertainty. She didn't know how to take their words and reaction. A faint sound from Reshiram drew her attention and she sighed, shaking her head. "No, don't. No. Stop sulking. You know I dislike this just as much as you," she remarked, firming her tone to keep her disheartened emotions from leaking through. Stepping towards Reshiram, she lightly placed a clawed hand on his head, not certain if she should pat him. He probably wanted a hug or some cuddly thing.

Then he seemed to pause, causing her to frown. "Something you want to share, Reshiram?" Zekrom inquired. Shaking her head again, she sighed once more. "Never mind. Don't say anything unless it doesn't concern Heroes."

[[bleh. Have a tiny post |D *sosorry*]]