Moonlight_Eevee

Jurassic World

Okay, so my family and I went to the movies to go see The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and the commercial for Jurassic World appeared and I stopped in my tracks. I am a huge fan of Jurassic Park and to have Jurassic World come out is like a dream come true with better CGI effects and everything. So, who's ready to have this movie come out?

All I know is Chris Pratt and mutant dinosaurs, I WILL WATCH THE HELL OUT OF THIS. Five Armies was disappointing, but Jurassic World looks awesome!

the 8 year old me that badgered her parents for almost 4 months straight until they finally gave in to go see the original in theaters back in '93 is ubber totally fantastically excited to go see this.

i told, not asked but told, my husband "We're going to go see this"

Star Lord vs Raptor's ... GO!! xd.png

funny story

so back in 93 when i finally got my demands met and my parents took me to see it, we went to one of those old movie theaters where they only showed 1 movie at a time and it was on like 8 different screens showing at all different times.

we got the number mixed up and walked in right at the part where she turns back on the lights.

i decided i didn't want to see the movie at that point; but my parents (after warning me, its a scary movie, its not like prehistaria or land before time) for near 5 months straight had me sit through the movie anyways.

i still loved it, every minute of it ... although i was anticipating the light part the entire time and at the end cheered right along with everyone else for the t-rex (which at that point had been my fav dino, but since JP has changed to the Utah Raptor)

for 6 months after that, i was convinced a Raptor lived under my bed and was gonna eat me *snickers*

its still a great movie and i'm glad i got to see the original in theaters happy.gif

I was watching them talk about this on ET last night and I'm pretty excited. I've seen all three of the previous movies and have ridden the ride at Universal Orlando before (twice because it was awesome) and I've been a fan ever since.

lol, Likewise, Red2111. I didn't see it in theaters when I was a kid, but I did know it existed, though I was more into the Land Before Time Dino verse at that age, considering I was only 4 when the first movie was released.

I think its funny that I still have nightmares about Dinosaurs coming into my room and eating me. Raptors are funny that way, even though they're one of my fav dinos after the T. Rex and Brontosaurus/Apatasaurus. I used to know every Dino name by heart. When I was a kid I was into very few girly things. I hated Barbies, but give me Ninja Turtles, Lion King or Dinosaurs and you were my best friend. xd.png

and at the end cheered right along with everyone else for the t-rex

lol, You too? That's always been one of my favorite parts of the movie and then after the humans run the T. Rex looks up and roars with the JP banner gliding down to the floor.

Fun Fact: The storm scenes in the First Jurassic Park movie was actually live footage from a hurricane that hit Hawaii while the crew was filming it. smile.gif

Edit: I also love the score for the First movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxmidwFRMJg

Edited by Syiren

I finally got to go see it today, and.... was really disappointed. sad.gif I'm a huge fan of the original, and I know it wasn't meant to be like the original, but... well. spent the entire bus ride home trying to think of *good* things to say about it. *sigh* I'll just have to watch the original again--and Walking With Dinosaurs, which I own on DVD because yeah, I'm a huge dinosaur nerd. tongue.gif

I love the Jurassic Park movies (and dinosaurs in general), and while I really appreciate Chris Pratt's face acting, Jurassic Park > Jurassic World forever.

The dinosaurs were great, the movie was definitely enjoyable and overall really good, but of course it didn't meet the standard set by Jurassic Park. I didn't expect it to, so I'm not disappointed.

Also: MOSASAURS HECK YEA

Can anyone tell me the colors of the Raptors? I know Blue (obviously) and Charlies (green). I wondered about the other twos colors.

Can anyone tell me the colors of the Raptors? I know Blue (obviously) and Charlies (green). I wondered about the other twos colors.

I googled images of them and it appears that Delta was greenish and Echo was brown.

I just got home from watching it! I'm kinda curious about what happened to the raptor(s) at the end, since I'm unsure of their fate.

After waiting years for a sequel after JP3, I freaked out when I saw the trailer release back in December. After 6 months, I went and watched JW on the opening day and I am not disappointed.^^ It's the best movie I've seen in a long time and the wait was worth it. As a huge fan of the JP franchise, I was glad the movie turned out the way it did. (I'm so addicted to the Clawen ship right now)

I even brought out my JP DVDs just to watch em all again.xd.png

It wasn't the best movie for me.. It was good, granted, but the ending to mee seemed like a copout.

I liked how they addressed why the dinosaurs had no feathers as well as their jab at commercial placement in videos.

Just got back from seeing it and I loved it. Much better than the third one and right up there with the first two. It's worthy of the franchise that's for sure. smile.gif I will say one thing. Blue is awesome.

I love the Jurassic Park movies (and dinosaurs in general), and while I really appreciate Chris Pratt's face acting, Jurassic Park > Jurassic World forever.

The dinosaurs were great, the movie was definitely enjoyable and overall really good, but of course it didn't meet the standard set by Jurassic Park. I didn't expect it to, so I'm not disappointed.

Also: MOSASAURS HECK YEA

I assure you, had JW been the first movie you'd be saying JW > JP forever.

Jurassic World was definitely my 2nd favorite in the series. It was a refreshing entry, that's for sure!

Jurassic World 2 coming on Summer 2018.

I should be more surprised at this, but I'm not.

I love the Jurassic Park series, but the more movies that are created, the further away from the original sentiment/point of the book they become. >_x

If B.D. Wong doesn't get to be a main character with some more actual storyline this time around, it will be an absolute travesty and slap in the face.

I assure you, had JW been the first movie you'd be saying JW > JP forever.

i disagree.

JW had WAY to many shout outs and throw backs to JP to allow for JW > JP to ever exist xd.png

that said. i LOVED this movie mostly because of all of the shout outs to the original. JW should have been JP2

hmmmm a JW2 ... this franchise doesn't have a good history of direct sequels .... i'm happy but not happy at the same time