Pixxelation

Favorite Winter Holiday Dragons

Which Winter Holidays dragon is your favorite?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My list is a bit confused as my opinion on how good I think the sprite is is different to how much I like the dragon as a whole, but it's more or less as follows for how much I like them.

1. Definitely Solstice (Blush). They're so elegant and complex, and I think the pink really made them pop. The blue are ok, but much less 'wow!' than the pinks. These are my second favourite dragons on the site (below Shadow Walkers. Which as it happens is what I have paired them with wub.gif )

2. Ribbon Dancer. Oooh shiny. Really disappointed I didn't get cave borns; I joined in the November but didn't know about events, and being on holiday at that time didn't spend much time on the site at all over the chirstmas period

3. Snow Angels. I have tri. Not sure if I prefer that or white wings, but gold is definitely my least favourite. They work well in lineages and are lovely sprites, so I forgive the slightly iffy anatomy on them!

4. Wrapping Wing. I enjoy my oh so clashing Arsani lineage with these guys, but really the colours are hard to work with. As an individual sprite, I think they probably are seccond or 3rd best done, but how I feel about them is lower.

5. Yulebuck. They're odd looking things really, but the hatchies are the cutest thing ever, and I enjoy them, even though 2nd gens were not the easiest thing to find!

6. Holly. I LOVE LOVE the deep colours, but the art work is really dated, and the anatomy is off. I think they could do with updating (subtle - not like the gold update). Also I cannot catch them to save my life so that decreases them in my favourites list as well...

7. Winter Magi. I want to like them, but something indefinable puts me off? They're really pretty objectively, I just don't like them. I think they are just too humanoid as adults for my tastes. Also they're colours make lineages difficult.

I haven't decided about Mistletoes yet. At this point probably between the Yule and the Holly? I haven't had long enough to become attached yet - they will quite possibly move up when I start lineages next year! Also for me the style is slightly off. The lines are a bit too cartoony - which to be honest is a style I rather like though the site as a whole is going off it - but the shading is done in a much subtler realistic which kinda clashes for me. I also think they need a little something to make them really christmassy. Spritewise I think they are 2nd or 3rd best made (above wrapping wings), but as Christmas dragons I'd put them lower.

Yulebuck hatchies are the most adorable thing ever.

As for adults, it's between Ribbon Dancers (I really like the shiny green) and the CB Solstice (they look really elegant and the pattern on their wings just gives them a special look).

7) Mistletoe

Nicely made, but they look like they have the measles to me, and I'm personally not so keen on the ram horns, but they have the most adorable face.

At least you can jokingly call them Measletoes tongue.gif

Here's my list in order (descending):

1) Mistletoe

2) Solstice (CB version)

3) Snow Angel

4) Wrapping Wing

5) Solstice (bred version)

6) Holly

7) Winter Magi

8) Yulebuck

9) Ribbon Dancer

I got a big kick at that, as one of the spriters xd.png

xd.png

On a hunch, I also reserved Measletoe for next year. ninja.gif

user posted image

1. Wrapping Wings (not only my first CB Christmas dragon, but I love the colors and the wings!)

2. Ribbon Dancers

3. Winter Magi (Because to me it looks like a festive Night Fury)

4. Snow Angels

5. Solstice (especially love the new Blue-wings)

6. Mistletoe

7. Holly

8. Yulebuck

But the winter magi make the BEST checkers smile.gif

I totally agree, especially with other Holidays like Graves or Rosebuds.

Edited by Syiren

Holly. I love the classic "Christmas Card" artwork feel to them, and the deep shiny red is absolutely beautiful.

After that would be the Snow Angels because I love feathered wings.

I personally love the Solstice Dragon the best.

They're just so pretty! <3

My personal favourite is the Solstice dragon, they're incredibly beautiful. I like how they look like winged deer.

(Plus I actually have CBs of them.)

Solstice!

The rosy winged ones always cheer my up. They have this special thing that hits my heart. Pure christmas spirits. wub.gif

The blue winged ones lack this special something for me but they are pretty too. They are just pretty to the eyes and do not look like christmas spirits to me.

I cannot wait to have the possibility to catch a rosy winged one. Because i don't have a caveborn solstice. *sadface*

After that the Tricoloured Snow-Angels.

I'm a huge fan of the Holly. I always loved the sprite and wished I could get one on my scroll. Due to some lucky trades and a very lucky catch, I have three and they make me happy every time I see them!

My second favorite (and it's really tied for first) is the Solstice. They're a gorgeous sprite, and I have always loved how many ancient Solstice traditions are still present in modern day Christmas celebrations.

The Mistletoes are my third favorite. Just a really neat sprite, and I kind of want to start a stairstep Holly/Mistletoe line now.

The others I like, but I can't really rank them from there.

I LOVE both the ribbon dancer and the Snow Angels, they are very pretty and beautifully done, trying to horde them smile.gif Want to get all three colorations of the SA

I can't rank them. So, I'm going to list what I like about each one:

Mistletoe- color and poofy tail and cute face!

Solstice- omg gorgeous cb, like the blue one too though still a bit sad about lineage plans...

Wrapping Wing- awesome intricate pattern on the wings, and the pose

Winter Magi- color mix in the wings, and how fantastic they look with frostbites!

Ribbon Dancer- so shiny!! So flowy!!

Snow Angel - elegant and wintery. I still thing they should have been called Heralds of Winter

Yulebuck- I want to ride on this dragon. Love the antlers and the proud pose

Holly- vintage Christmas in dragon form!

I love ribbon dancers.

Solstice is a close second for me, followed by winter magi then Snow Angle then mistletoe then wrapping wing then holly then yulebeck smile.gif I really do like them all

I LOVE both the ribbon dancer and the Snow Angels, they are very pretty and beautifully done, trying to horde them smile.gif Want to get all three colorations of the SA

Unfortunately you can only have one coloration for the Snow Angel. Its set for each scroll :/