Pixxelation

Favorite Winter Holiday Dragons

Which Winter Holidays dragon is your favorite?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unlike the Valentines, where there is a clear winner for me, I have a hard time ranking the Christmas dragons. If I had to pick, it would be the wrapping wings, I love their pose and expressions.The new blue solstices and the gold winged snow angel fall really closely behind though.

1) Snow Angel (Tricolor) - I like the festivity, liveliness, and color the wings give off, and the elegance from the stance. =] I love their designs so much that whenever I pass one on my scroll or anyone else's I stare and admire how pretty it is!

2) Winter Magis - I love the colors on here, it's similar to the above and I love the stance. smile.gif They also remind me of Whites, mainly because of the head. xd.png

3) Hollies - Love the red! Hatchling sprites are one of the cutest and I know the base of the sprites are the same as vines/reds, but I feel a difference towards holly hatchlings (especially gendered) between the three. I also love the sweet stories that come with these from the older players, the ones that have been here forever and the very sweet stories they tell. It adds character to hollies. smile.gif

4) Snow Angel (White tip) - A simple design, and not too bland to me as others may say. smile.gif I could definitely imagine these out on a snowy day!

5) Ribbon Dancers - Their sprite's so festive, but hard to find something to mate with. >.<; I love the hatchlings on this one as well. =]

6) Solstice - Definitely reminds me of reindeers and I love the orbs!

7) Yulebucks

8) Wrapping Wings

9) Snow Angel (Gold)

Edited by Saynna

Snowangels are the absolute best. I wish I could hoard them all year long. They're just gorgeous <3 I was even lucky enough to put my hands on a 2G nebula from a spriter's alt!

1. Snowangel

2. Solstice

3. Holly

4. Winter Magi

5. Yulebuck

6. Ribbon Dancer

7. Wrapping Wing

1. Solstices; Deffinitely, my favorite of them all. Love the color, the pose and everything about them. There is something ethereal about them that is simply astounding.

2. Yulebucks. For years these were my favorite. The stag like appearance is lovely and the colors are so Christmasy they are the perfect Christmas dragon.

3. Snow Angels. These were my first CB dragons, as I joined somewhere between January-February (don't remember clearly) so I missed the yulebucks. I lived through the drama and, while I did get the color I wanted (white winged), with the years I've grown fond of the tricolor (which were my least favorite). They are very magical dragons, and very unique.

4. Holly; Not my most favorite of them all but they are like something legendary, and the red is so intense it is very festive.

5. I'm at a draw here, so I'll put the rest together. They are all lovely dragons, but I can't make up my mind which I like the most of the remaining three.

Solstices are my loves. <3 Gotta admit I vastly prefer the 'blush' wings, they seem to add an extra dimension to the sprite giving it a warmer feel (I was pretty bummed this year but what's done is done), but even without, they're just so amazingly beautiful and elegant. Plus, I love the combination of gold, blue and pink/purple. I'm such a sucker for gold in general. wub.gif

Also I love love loooove the Wrapping Wing hatchlings even more than the adult, am I the only one?! They're such unbearably CUTE babies, I have to squee every time I see them. I grabbed an S1 to freeze this year, something I don't really do normally, due to the intense adorableness. x3

And I have quite the soft spot for Ribbon Dancers. First CBs I was around for, and I remember being so excited about them. And the sprite is so pretty too :3

Edited by Orlageddon

1. Solstice

I like the reindeer theme of the sprite, as well as the blue-themed colour, it's a nice change from all the other red and green Christmas dragons. I love how the design and colour is centralized around winter than actual Christmas elements. Both the CB and blue-winged versions are really fresh and pretty.

2. Snow Angels

Another nice equine dragon with a strong body form, clear-cut elegant design and fresh colours that don't look overdone. I like how its face looks xd.png. My favourite is the white-winged version, which is the one I have on my scroll, since I thought it looks clean and neat, but I wouldn't mind having the other two wing colours, which are a bit more festive. All of them look great!

3. Ribbon Dancer

Love the long legs and clear muscles of this breed, they have really good highlights that make them look super shiny. The hatchling sprites are my favourite of all the Christmas dragons with their long-leggedness and good proportions. Also love how the wings look like on the s2 hatchling and the adults. But the colours are a bit dark and the area between its head and wings seems a bit too busy, so that you can't clearly tell what the head actually looks like

4. Wrapping-Wing

The wings are really shiny and pretty with the nice swirls, and I like how despite the busy patterns the outlines of the dragon is still clearly defined, but the head always seems to me as being a little too big when compared to the legs... O_o

5. Yulebuck

The design of this breed is supposed to be super creative, especially the hollyleaf wings, but I always found the overall sprite to look a bit strange... I guess the crudeness of the hooves and back legs is one major issue, and the head and ruff also look a bit off, it just seems much more cartoonish and 2D when compared to the other sprites

6. Winter Magis

Love everything about this sprite except for the colours and stripes, which are way too busy. The white over its face is comical and the stripes over its body make it look like its wearing some sort of tight shirt with a red belt

7. Holly

Nice simple sprite, but I don't really like the design of the long neck and oversmall wings... the distance between the front and back legs are too close

Oh, this is a good question! I personally have a soft spot for all of the Holiday breeds, but I do have my favorites:

1. Snow Angel - I just love the overall design of these gals and how good they look paired up with a wide variety of different breeds. I also love that there are 3 variations. The only thing is, I wish that each user wasn't restricted to just one variant per scroll. Luckily, I have my favorite, the tri-color. 8D

2. Solstice - I really adore these cities. The colors, their design, everything really. I'll certainly be looking to collect more of these next Christmas.

3. Snow Magi - Another overall gorgeous dragon. I really like their pose and color combination. Very happy that there were so many being bred this year.

4. Yulebuck - I love candycanes and I love deer. It's really not a surprise that Yulebucks appeal so much to me. They look so regal, kinda like the Great Prince from Bambi.

5. Ribbon Dancer - Another pretty dragon with nice holiday colors. The real reason she's probably not higher on the list is because I found eggs super easy to find.

6. Wrapping Wing - No complaints with the design or concept or anything. Still a great dragon. Just kinda gets bumped down by the others.

7. Holly - The rarest Holiday and I would adore a 2G next year. Heck, I'm super grateful to the two users who gifted me low-gen eggs! But if it wasn't for it's high demand and my wish to get some of every breed, I likely wouldn't care for it nearly as much as the others. It's still a great concept and I love it for being one of the oldest breeds on DC.

We'll have to see where I'll place 2024's dragon. ;D

Hollies are my favourites - I love their colours and they're just something historical to DC laugh.gif

Then I like the Yulebucks a lot, also the Solstices.

Wrapping Wings have a great pattern, but they seem to look too unfriendly for me.

The others are pretty, too, but they don't seem to stand out for me.

And I really can't wait to see this year's dragon!

In order from favorite to least favorite spritewise:

1. Yulebuck

2. Solstice

3. Snow Angel

4. Winter Magi

5. Holly

6. Ribbon Dancer

7. Wrapping Wings

Snow Angels are my favorite. I ended up with the Whitewings, and while I disliked them at first, I've come to appreciate and love them. The Tricoloredwings sprite was the one I was wishing for all along though. As for the breed itself, something about the Angelwings is just so perfect and I wish there were normal breeds who shared such beautifully feathered wings.

After them, I have to say that the Winter Magi and Solstice dragons are tied. Such detail! Simply amazing. When Winter Magi was introduced, I couldn't believe how far we've come in DC for how detailed the pixel artwork has become. And then Solstice? Finally a breed who speaks for the spirit of winter without the typical Christmas color-scheme. Props to the artists on these breeds, they are gorgeous.

My least favorite Christmas breed is actually the Holly dragon. I'm sure a lot disagree though and no offense to anyone! I've never gotten over how pillowy shaded the sprite is! Though honestly the best part of it is how velvety-shiny the red is on it. It does well to boldly show-off the colors of Xmas. And the only reason why I collected so many this year was because of rarity and also, the lack of nice lineaged lines...A ton of mine are messy. Maybe next year I'll get one that satisfies me, haha.

And last, the Ribbon Dancer, Yulebuck, and Wrapping-Wing; I loved these breeds when they came out - I love how each represents a different aspect of the Holiday season. Yules for peppermint, Ribbon Dancers, and Wrapping-Wings for gift-wrapping; they are such cool concepts. They don't quite make it up to my favorites but I do love them.

I hope this years is just as stunning as always; I feel as though they will be like the Solstices - their colors won't scream "Christmas!" but they will portray yet another aspect of the Winter Season. Mistletoe? Pine Trees?

/rant :)

Love the new ones, though I still like the Snow Angels a bit more (because feathersssss durr).

My top would be..

1. Snow Angel (white tipped and full gold, patterned is probably last)

2. Mistletoe

3. Winter Magi

4. Solstice

5. Yulebuck

6. Holly

7. Wrapping Wing

8. Ribbon Dancer

The Holly will always be my favorite - I love the stylized, graceful arch of the neck, and the shape the sprite forms with the curve of the tail - it symbolizes Christmas to me in a way the others simply can't.

I spend probably way too much time looking at Holly and White checkers because they seem so gorgeous to me, it's hard to look away, lol.

Next to Hollies, I'd place Snow Angels; the light wings I have became my firm favorites, although initially I was torn, preferring the Tri-colour which, if I recall correctly, I initially had, before the Great Switch occurred.

Now I'm much happier with my light wings, which go well in so many pairings.

Yulebucks are next, closely followed by Ribbon Dancers.

Then the CB Solstice, with their warm and delicate wing colouration, and the Winter Magi, jostling for position, really..

The others aren't really my cup of tea, although very well done, of course, just a different look not as much to my taste as some of the older dragons.

I'd rather not rank them since I love all of the sprites (and I'm just not a fan of the whole ranking thing), but I'll say the Yulebucks have been and probably always will be one of my favorites. They're just so adorable! And dat neck fur! <33

I had to vote for Yulebuck because that's my absolute favorite and it was my first christmas dragon... But I just wanna say that the mistletoe is really adorable and is in my top 3!

I'd have to check out how mistletoe looks in lineages, but so far I like ribbon dancers, winter magis, snow angels (white and tri-color) and yulebucks most... I voted for ribbon dancers.

Solstice (Blush> Blue)

Snow Angel (White> Gold> Tri)

Yule Buck

Holly

Wrapping Wing

Ribbon Dancer

Winter Magi

Holly, wrapping wing and ribbon dancer are all pretty close together. I would add the new ones in there with that group. Solstice are my favorite, probably one of my favorite dragons. Winter magi are way down on my list. I don't care for the way they look, too humanoid for me. The colors aren't bad though.

My first is snow angel. But that might be because it was the first holiday I collected for. I like other Christmas dragons for different reasons.

I also like hollies, solstice, and yulebucks in no particular order. There is nothing wrong with any of the others, I just like some more than others. And I haven't decided how much I like the new ones. That'll come once I can stare at them on my own scroll. xd.png

From favorite to least favorite:

Solstice (I like the rainbow wings better, though the plain blue is nice too)

Winter Magi

Wrapping Wing

Ribbon Dancer

Mistletoe

Holly

Snow Angel (I like all the wing colors equally)

Yulebuck

My favorite is the solstice (and I regret that I was gone the last few years so I never got a CB). While I enjoy the original one, I absolutely adore the fully blue-winged one. I love the color combination, I love the snowflake accents, I love the antlers and the orb of light.

After that, I would have to say that the Yulebuck is my second favorite. I love the candy cane striping and the holly wings.

Egg-wise, I think that the new Mistletoe has my favorite egg sprite. It's so simple and elegant and I love the blue, green, and sparklies. Especially in TJ's new release artwork. So pretty!

Revised now that the new one is fully revealed:

1: Solstice (either color)

2: Snow Angel (white > gold > tri)

3: Snow Magi

4: Yule bucks

5: Mistletoe

6: Wrapping wings

7: Ribbon Dancer

8: Holly

1. Holly -> I love that deep red with golden horns and scutes. The deep green leaf wings and tail just polish it right off. Yum.

2. Solstice -> especially the original. The blended colors on the blush sprite make me think of watercolors, which is my favorite traditional art medium. I love the way the shades blend together. The bred plain blues are certainly pretty, but don't have that watercolor effect that I love.

3. Yulebucks -> My first Christmas drop. Plus pepperminty goodness.

4. 5. 6. Ribbons, Winter Magi, Mistletoes -> Not sure what order on these. Ribbons are shiny. Nuf sed. The Mistletoes and winter magi also look good. I don't know which I like better.

7. Snow Angels -> I like the sprites but the wing thing keeps me from collecting them. I love even gen checkers and having different colors of wings in the lineage spoils it for me.

8. Wrapping wings -> so far my least favorite. There's nothing wrong with the sprite as art, they just don't trip my trigger. I like the spriters' alts better than the regular ones though.

eta: I forgot the snow angels. They need their spot on the lists.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Holly because it is so VERY different and has that wonderful hangbutt and I LOVE it !

Then Solstice, Yulebuck and I would say Angels, but I like some colours so much better than others (I so wanted white) that that's a tough one.

I don't want to rank the others. But the winter magi make the BEST checkers smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

1./2. Can't decide between Solstice and Mistletoe.

3. Yulebuck. It's too bad I don't have a CB one.

4./5. Holly or Snow Angel... I like the Hollies more in lineages and the Snow Angel more on its own.

The other three are beautiful sprites, too, but I'm never sure what to do with them lineage-wise because their color combinations are too "dominant" for my liking. Since I'm a lineage freak, that affects my preferences.