TJ09

2014-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

My first DC Christmas - and it was awesome!

Thankyou everyone who put in sooooo much hard work, effort, love and care into making this happen.

hahahaha xd.png that will be the winning raffle entry... sigh

lol, just funning around

Take care all...

Thank you, TJ and spriters and writers! Loved that last bonus, snowing in the Jungle! smile.gif

Wait…

OH NO!! There goes the chocolate harvest!!! 🙀

I am going to miss playing the mana game. That was a LOT of fun. Maybe it will reappear sometime? smile.gif

Yes. I think if DC was ever going to have a mini game just for mini game purposes, it should be the mana game.

Edited by Jazeki

I juuust missed getting my last mana piece (I was out of the house for a LOT of hours today), if the one I got at 11:45 had been larger, I would have made it. Can anyone sum up the epilogue for the final chapter? I didn't get to read it and can't seem to find it now.

Seeing that this is my first raffle, how long between the event's end and the raffle?

Yes. I think if DC was ever going to have a mini game just for mini game purposes, it should be the mana game.

I so totally, utterly agree - I miss it already!

It was an awesome winter holiday event and my deepest thanks to all who made it possible. You are all absolutely wonderful. Thanks. It was great.

Who knows I might get incredibly lucky and win something this time. Congrats to all who are that lucky! wink.gif

It IS a shame that the story disappears as soon as the event is over, though...

Closing as event is over:

List of credits:

Credits as posted by Odeen

HERE THERE BE CREDITS!

Event Coordinators:

birdzgoboom

Odeen

----------------------------------------

Badges: TheCompleteAnimorph

Divider (Infinis): user posted image

Site Link Image Thing (FionaBlueFire, PieMaster): user posted image

STORY TEAM

(Thanks, birdzgoboom for providing the list!)

Main Story (chapters 1-10): Odeen

Bonus Chapter 11: Odeen

Bonus Chapter 12: birdzgoboom

Bonus Chapter 13: Fizzix

Bonus Chapter 14: Odeen

MANA BARS:

Generic (birdzgoboom):

user posted image

Holly (birdzgoboom):

user posted image

Yulebuck (Shajana):

user posted image

Snow Angel (Odeen, birdzgoboom):

user posted image

Ribbon Dancer (Mysfytt, Sif):

user posted image

Winter Magi (birdzgoboom):

user posted image

Wrapping Wing (Aangs-sister):

user posted image

Solstice (Odeen):

user posted image

ALCHEMY GAME ASSETS:

"Creation", "Destruction", & "Change" Tiles: FionaBlueFire, PieMaster

GoN Tile, "Neutral" Tile: FionaBlueFire

Game Board: Mysfytt

Mana Shards: JOTB

PRESENT-GIVING ASSETS:

Boxes:

birdzgoboom: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Infinis: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Mysfytt: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image  user posted imageuser posted image

Odeen: user posted image

PieMaster: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Shajana: user posted imageuser posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Thuban: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Verridith: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Bows:

Mysfytt: user posted image  user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

PieMaster: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

PieMaster, TCA: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

TCA: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Odeen: user posted imageuser posted image

Shajana: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Mysftt:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Tag(s):

Infinis: user posted image

Shajana: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

TheCompleteAnimorph: user posted image

Tikigurl91: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Sif: user posted image

Odeen: user posted imageuser posted image

ARTWORK OF THE SEVEN HOLIDAY DRAGONS:

Holly (2007): birdzgoboom

Yulebuck (2008): JOTB

Snow Angel (2009): JOTB

Ribbon Dancer (2010): Mysfytt

Winter Magi (2011): birdzgoboom

Wrapping-Wing (2012): Aangs-sister

Solstice (2013): Odeen

~

EDIT2: Present gifting thread, find it here! (Not created by me, but approved by rubyshoes!)

Additional info on Mistletoe Dragons posted by PieMaster:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Breed Name: Mistletoe Dragons

Dragon Type: Western

Size: ~12 feet tall, ~28 feet long, ~30-foot wingspan

Colors: Spring green, green-tinted blue, white

PieMaster’s Alt Colors: Silver, blue

tikigurl91’s Alt Colors: Yellow, pink

~

A little bit of breed information:

Mistletoe Dragons possess magic over temperature, able to raise and lower the temperature in a small radius around them. This allows them to stay warm during winter and cool during summer. They also have slight control over frost, able to create ice and enchant it so that it is room temperature to the touch. They often decorate their dens—usually made in caves—with this enchanted frost.

Their temperature control allows them to regulate the temperatures of their dens, which makes them ideal to seek out during the winter. Hospitable and friendly, Mistletoes often welcome strangers and those in need into their homes. Mistletoes are very kind, and are known for giving gifts of food to the hungry and assisting others when possible.

The long, coarse fur on their tails often becomes matted in a way that resembles a sprig of mistletoe, hence the breed name. They use their tails as a means of body temperature regulation, focusing their magic energy on that area to allow heat to escape (or to generate warmth) rather than expend energy on warming/cooling their entire bodies. Often, small ice crystals form on their tail fur that resemble the white berries of mistletoe. These sometimes fall off, but stay enchanted with the dragon’s magic and never melt.

They are a somewhat rare sight to see flying overhead, as they are typically only seen in the depths of winter. A tradition has arisen among many humans to hug nearby friends and cherish the moment when one is seen, both to honor the breed’s amiable tendencies and to express excitement at the rare sighting.

They are an herbivorous breed that avoids harming others whenever possible.

Stay tuned! More (possibly) to come through the encyclopedia. If we can fit all this and more in the entry.

Alt images as posted by PieMaster:

HUPPEH NU YAR! My alts are now adults. Full line-ups:

Cave: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Tiki's: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Mine: user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Link to Mistletoe breeding thread - https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165568

Wiki link - http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released

Feel free to PM me if you would like additional info posts in the thread or links to other applicable threads.

Edited by rubyshoes