TJ09

2014-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Beautiful sprites! Thank you PieMaster and Tiki for the Mistletoes! smile.gif I named mine using phrases from Christmas songs' lyrics that have mistletoe references.

They have pretty colors, but idk, these just aren't doing it for me. :c (also I kind of agree with Nine on everything)

Ah well, congrats on the release Pie and Tiki c:

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Pretty! Still waiting for mine to gender, much less grow up--and I grabbed them right after midnight. Course, I also usually wait at least 12 hours before banging up new CB eggs onto incubation websites. That's likely part of it.

Also can we agree to disagree on whether we like these? Personally my mind makes unfavorable comparisons with the Carmine Wyverns but I've still got one of each on my scroll. Ya win some, ya lose some. (Don't ask. It would not be a work-safe conversation and we'll leave it at that.)

Thanks Tiki and Pie for the beautiful dragon!

and my winter magi is called Mistletoe too It is a difficult choice

I love these new dragons. what lovely colouring and such sweet playful pose. Thank you so much for our new dragons Pie, tiki and TJ

The blizzard story is wonderful. the text and illustrations and the mana bars (todays global mana bar is my favourite) Thank you for the time everyone has put into this

I just wish we could go to the next Chapter via a "next chapter" link rather than having to go back to the event page each time to read the consecutive chapters. I don't know if it has been suggested before but it would certainly improve the re-reading experience.

Also can we agree to disagree on whether we like these? Personally my mind makes unfavorable comparisons with the Carmine Wyverns but I've still got one of each on my scroll. Ya win some, ya lose some. (Don't ask. It would not be a work-safe conversation and we'll leave it at that.)

Haha I don't think anyone is trying to argue about them c: just stating opinion on how they think the dragon looks. If you like them that's fine, some of us just don't care for them too much. I for one of course agree to disagree, but I'm not angry with others liking them XD

Mistletoe!!! I love that so much. biggrin.gif They still remind me of snowglobes though so I'm probably going to stick to that naming theme.

The sprites are very pretty and it's nice to see other colors on Holiday dragons. There are more to the holidays than red and green. However, I don't really get the name. If it's just because of the tail, perhaps the tail shouldn't have been done that way... If you follow the colors and the body of the dragon, it is very like a forest snow scene. The snow just reaching over it's feet, and then the lovely green foliage reaching into the green trees that just barely cover the snowy sky. It's quite lovely, it's what I was expecting after seeing the egg. Aside from the tail that is... Which is completely unnecessary. At least it looks like a real Mistletoe bush though.

Oh, and although I really enjoy the classically colored dragons and the snowy dragons, it would be nice to see some silver and gold... smile.gif

A part of me is of course disappointed that a Mistletoe dragon didn't end up being a duplicitous, stringy sort of dragon that parasitizes other breeds and has garnered a falsely cheerful reputation despite its deathly nature. They would've taken advantage of the generous, gifting theme of the holidays to spread their devious little parasite babies around. Don't mess with mistletoe, man.

Eh, people didn't react too well to the Wrapping-Wings' characteristic fighting/bickering, since it didn't mesh well with the season. Something tells me people wouldn't be too pleased if this was the case. I know I wouldn't be XP

I think that these new dragons look very nice. In my opinion, their colours - white, green and blue tinted with green - are making a really good combination, although they are rather subtle and they seem to lack intensity. On the other hand, a winter forest covered with snow isn't full of intense colours either... wink.gif

This webbed crest is rather unnecessary for me. Maybe it looks like made of ice and it creates another blue accent in the right place, but... I don't know, similar crests seem to be associated with water dragons. But that's only my opinion.

I love this dragons' expression. It's simply cute and I suppose that it reflects well their gentle attitude. Maybe Mistletoe Dragons aren't creatures that I would call "Spirits of Christmas", but I like them nonetheless - for their colours and for their nature. Thank you, PieMaster and Tiki! smile.gif

ah crud Im guessing they arent dropping anymore D= I got so tied up with family and work these past few days I hadnt had a chance to get online. The post said through the 28th so I hoped but I guess they arent dropping anymore QQ

ah crud Im guessing they arent dropping anymore D= I got so tied up with family and work these past few days I hadnt had a chance to get online. The post said through the 28th so I hoped but I guess they arent dropping anymore QQ

If you watch the Ap, there are still some in there.

Oh my gosh!! The adults are positively amazing!! The colors are exquisite! My new favorites. I can't wait to make checkers!

Really love the colors and the sparkles and the bushy tail... overall they're a tad too "cutesy" for me, but that's OK. It's nice to have something that is a little different than usual!

Wow, these guys look great! So now we have Hollies and Mistletoes c:

Big thanks to Pie, tiki and TJ for the gorgeous dragon, and for the fun event!

I think they are so incredibly adorable!!! I don't get the "too cute" factor at all. No such thing. laugh.gif

I haven't really had an Xmas dragon that I adored in quite some time. I can honestly say that I adore these and look forward to building an army next year. smile.gif

Now to obtain offspring from the spriters alts.... tongue.gif

^^Story of my entire existence on dragoncave.^^

Interesting that the parasitic qualities of Mistletoe weren't mentioned in the description (unless I completely missed that), but maybe that's something to look forward to in the Encyclopedia. c:

Otherwise, love these dragons! The event has been a blast, and I can't wait to read the final few chapters of the story.