TJ09

2014-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Thank you PieMaster and Tiki, Mistletoes are beautiful!

I actually really like the design of the new dragons in all three stages. I think they look much more like dragons than, say, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, or Solstices; none of which I like as far as their design goes in any stage.

They don't look cute to me, but I don't like cute. They look more reptilian than most dragons on this site (Pillow, Baloon, and waterhorse, I'm looking at you).

Personally, as far as "not a fan" goes, I'm not too fond of how Yulebucks have cloven hooves.

Edited by Wokenulape

I like the new dragons, they look so playful! The shading is really nice, too. Great job, spriters!! So we're calling them Mistletoes? The name fits.

This is my updated list of favorite Holiday dragons:

1. Snow Angel

2. Winter Magi

3. Holly

4. Solstice (at least the rosy-winged one).

5. Wrapping Wing

6. Ribbon Dancer

7. Mistletoe

8. Yulebuck.

Generally not to impressed with the new ones. *shrugs*

Ah, the adults are so adorable! Love them! Thank you PieMaster and Tiki for such a lovely, fun breed. I also love the breed info. laugh.gif

Love them!! I like their colors (very original for Christmas) and their tails. They are very festive. My favorites after Hollies. Thank you, spriters! biggrin.gif

Edited by NekoA

Little disappointed by the adults compared to the hatchlings. Not my cup of tea, but I am sure there plenty of other people that will enjoy them.

My list of favourite holidays (christmas).

1. Solstice

2. Mistletoe

3. Ribbon Dancer

4. Snow Angel

5. Holly

6. Yulebuck

7. Wrapping Wing

8. Winter Magi.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Breed Name: Mistletoe Dragons

Dragon Type: Western

Size: ~12 feet tall, ~28 feet long, ~30-foot wingspan

Colors: Spring green, green-tinted blue, white

PieMaster’s Alt Colors: Silver, blue

tikigurl91’s Alt Colors: Yellow, pink

~

A little bit of breed information:

Mistletoe Dragons possess magic over temperature, able to raise and lower the temperature in a small radius around them. This allows them to stay warm during winter and cool during summer. They also have slight control over frost, able to create ice and enchant it so that it is room temperature to the touch. They often decorate their dens—usually made in caves—with this enchanted frost.

Their temperature control allows them to regulate the temperatures of their dens, which makes them ideal to seek out during the winter. Hospitable and friendly, Mistletoes often welcome strangers and those in need into their homes. Mistletoes are very kind, and are known for giving gifts of food to the hungry and assisting others when possible.

The long, coarse fur on their tails often becomes matted in a way that resembles a sprig of mistletoe, hence the breed name. They use their tails as a means of body temperature regulation, focusing their magic energy on that area to allow heat to escape (or to generate warmth) rather than expend energy on warming/cooling their entire bodies. Often, small ice crystals form on their tail fur that resemble the white berries of mistletoe. These sometimes fall off, but stay enchanted with the dragon’s magic and never melt.

They are a somewhat rare sight to see flying overhead, as they are typically only seen in the depths of winter. A tradition has arisen among many humans to hug nearby friends and cherish the moment when one is seen, both to honor the breed’s amiable tendencies and to express excitement at the rare sighting.

They are an herbivorous breed that avoids harming others whenever possible.

Stay tuned! More (possibly) to come through the encyclopedia. If we can fit all this and more in the entry.

Quoting so more people can see ^^ It got a bit buried tongue.gif

Edited by PieMaster

Hmm, I may have a bit of a problem here...

My CB Snow Angels names are Mistletoe and Missy Toe

Right there with you. laugh.gif My CB yulebuck is named Awkward Mistletoe Moment. Debating whether to move the name to a mistletoe dragon, but the old boy's had that name for so many years now, hmmmm.

Oh, these ladies look fantastic! I love that we have a more soft-colored dragon this year to balance out all the rich/saturated ones. 8D

Hm. These are nice sprites and I like the colors, but... they're even plainer and less holiday-ey than the Hollies, even if much better in terms of anatomy and quality. I'm a little disappointed, especially after that gorgeous marbley egg. We've had some really amazing holiday releases lately, and if this had been the dragon back in, like, 2009, it'd be perfect, but... I'm just not feeling this as a Christmas dragon.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

How do these guys come across as 'cute' to people? Or broccoli-tailed? I'm just not seeing it. Also to those who don't think it looks Christmassy, you have apparently never been outside in a forest when it is snowing. I mean I see the mistletoe influence, but to me, these guys look like the physical manifestation of a conifer forest in the winter at twilight, and I don't know WHAT'S more Christmas than that unless you want to bring in religion which I'm -pretty- sure is a bad idea. I mean I'm not struck dumb by their gorgeousness or anything but there's plenty to like about them. We don't have enough ram/curl-horn breeds, first of all, so that's awesome.

A lot of the comments on them are confusing to me though. First of all, has anyone here actually seen broccoli before? It's very compact and rounded, not loose with pointy ends like the tail brush on these. I honestly can't comprehend where the broccoli thing is coming from. o.O I'm not trying to be rude, I'm completely nonplussed. Or the "cute" thing. I don't see "cute" at all. Or babyish. I see muscle, strength, power. I think it's just the lenses we're looking at them through rather than anything inherent to the sprite, personally.

Edited by Lurhstaap

cool.gif So PRETTY Dragon!!!

Thank YOU!!!

Go well with Green Neubula!!! **dances***

Happy Holiday to ALL…. and wishing ALL have wonderful time with your LOVE ones!

**CHUUUUUUUUUU**

They are nice... but I don't know. They lack the WOW factor that event dragons always have for me.

I would like to see a non-snow or cold related dragon for Christmas at least once, to represent all the countries that are in mid summer or spring season during Christmas (like mine! It's always hot in here.). It would also fit the DC universe if you think about it... those could bring the Christmas spirit to the hotter biomes, like the volcano or the desert. As magical as they are, I can't picture one of the current breeds traversing comfortably along those places laugh.gif

Holy dragon scales!!!! I freaking adore these. Pie and Tiki you have 100% outdone yourselves. I have a new favorite Christmas breed! Wow.....gorgeous. I can't say enough. These ladies are AMAZING!!!!!

Miss Pricklebutt gendered and I finally thought of a name for her sister: My Tail Is Not An Excuse To Kiss.

@Lurhstaap- These new dragons have very heartwarming, visibly happy expressions and thicker bodies. They look "cute." I guess to some people their tails look like broccoli. I'm seeing more of an asparagus tip or cactus vibe (and as I noted far earlier, Medieval weaponry) on the hatchlings. (Editing to add that I do see the broccoli shape on the adults now. It might be the position of their tails.) I have been outside in a forest when it's snowing, but these don't make me think of winter forests. Solstice dragons do. It's all a matter of preference. :3

Edited by Jazeki

I think these are absolutely beautiful, Pie and tiki. They might be my favorite Christmas dragons to date.

Hummm, they're alright. I like the color choices of green, white, and blue, but overall the sprite isn't doing much for me. The pose is very basic and I'll miss the Peugeot lion stance the S1 hatchlings have. I could see these as being a normal, albeit wintery release.

A part of me is of course disappointed that a Mistletoe dragon didn't end up being a duplicitous, stringy sort of dragon that parasitizes other breeds and has garnered a falsely cheerful reputation despite its deathly nature. They would've taken advantage of the generous, gifting theme of the holidays to spread their devious little parasite babies around. Don't mess with mistletoe, man.