Alexander_Drake

YAAD OOC Thread

Steven Universe is NOT a nasty show, in fact, it's a show on Cartoon Network...though awesome at that

Yeah, the best state Esko will leave it in is MOSTLY destroyed with some things still standing x3 He's gonna make the place hell xP

Hey Alex. I think I have a good use for the first post of the OOC thread.

Maybe there could be a little rp news section where bits of important news can go (such as us not using the girl and magi anymore, and also the big timeskip and the war's starting)

There could also be a list of characters important to the plot. Or something. The google doc organizer could be placed in the first post, for easy tracking.

And maybe links to some of the important lore stuff, like Blade's Cudahsai history here

Just a thought to make use of the OOC's first post

Posting to ask Dragoness to format her posts better so I know who's speaking/thinking/etc.

Denied. It was quite clear if you had been with my characters, and if you haven't it will not matter.

Edit: Mornings are not my best time of the day.

Edited by beiningtian

I have to stand with Pyro here; I had to reread your post several times to know what was going on. Just a simple change like coloring the text of the speaker would help. c:(And I have been following your characters just so I know what to expect. It's just kind of what I do when writing. xd.png)

What nasty show? Steven Universe is amazing. If you don't like it, don't read the little text. You aren't forced to read the little text.

Obviously you didn't get my point, but whatever. Still, tiny text looks like you're hiding something, so of course I'm going to read it. At least, text that small. If you didn't want me to nitpick, maybe don't make it look like a hidden conversation; that's what PMs are for.

And all is forgiven Dragoness. Me taking so long to post might have something to do with the fact that I proofread my work about a billion times, so I forget other people don't do that. xd.png I can't blame you at all if you take a bit to edit any errors in your post.

Or they fuse into Garnet XP

Garnet is the child, you halfwit YES SOCK I AM JOKING

isn't Garnet technically their love child in the show? Like, they come together in love, and make Garnet YES SOCKY WE JOKE

......Technically? Yes

when you think about it, yeah

That helpful? I was mistaken, I shouldn't have referred to the show(whatever the heck it was), but we were already warned once for talking about mating(and don't tell me you two weren't, you implied it easily enough, so we all know what you meant), so maybe I'm just very paranoid, but I would like us to take it to PM if we talk about it at all. And you can point out that you said you were joking, but the fact that you started talking about it again makes me wonder if you guys are actually serious about following the rules.

Oh, and now that I'm ranting, I would like to ask why you and Esko feel like cursing is essential for post integrity? Seriously, I'm getting sick of seeing the Censor Kipz everywhere; there are ways to keep characters intact and rely messages in the same way as cursing, without actually cursing. It would be nice to read you or Esko's posts without having to worry about seeing a swear word-and I'm not just talking about me here, I'm referring to anyone younger who may be reading the RP as well.

Edited by skwerl56767

Oh, and now that I'm ranting, I would like to ask why you and Esko feel like cursing is essential for post integrity? Seriously, I'm getting sick of seeing the Censor Kipz everywhere; there are ways to keep characters intact and rely messages in the same way as cursing, without actually cursing. It would be nice to read you or Esko's posts without having to worry about seeing a swear word-and I'm not just talking about me here, I'm referring to anyone younger who may be reading the RP as well.

I second that thought. It doesn't take any brainpower to throw censorkips around, and it doesn't add anything more to the posts.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

That helpful? I was mistaken, I shouldn't have referred to the show(whatever the heck it was), but we were already warned once for talking about mating(and don't tell me you two weren't, you implied it easily enough, so we all know what you meant), so maybe I'm just very paranoid, but I would like us to take it to PM if we talk about it at all. And you can point out that you said you were joking, but the fact that you started talking about it again makes me wonder if you guys are actually serious about following the rules.

Urm, no mating involved tongue.gif We are talking about Gem Fusions and stuff. Garnet is a fusion of Ruby and Sapphire. I shall not spoil no more

Oh, just one or two is fine. Not like we load our posts with censors.

I understand why you are paranoid. But trust me :3

Let's drop this now.

Anything to talk about YAAD wise?

Ooh, didn't Zam mention something about killing his necromancer off earlier?

Ah, mating is completely different from fusion. They don't have to be in love to fuse. They can hate each other and fuse. They just have to have a common goal.

And it may imply mating, but the rules just say not to describe it in detail.

Ah, mating is completely different from fusion. They don't have to be in love to fuse. They can hate each other and fuse. They just have to have a common goal.

And it may imply mating, but the rules just say not to describe it in detail.

Oh yeah, that too

I need to stop making so many characters, but making the AoT style trio, man...they just need to kill some teetans...

Somebody tell me to lay off the characters. I already have enough. Also, anybody uo for interaction with Yopple, C, and Luswold?

Would you like me to repeat myself that it was implied? Also the very comment that implies it is bluntly obvious? Also, fusion was not in the implication; mating was. I know perfectly well what fusion is and what makes it different, and I wouldn't have been so alarmed had you pointed out that you were talking about fusion, instead of leaving it the way it was.

If you would like me to drop it so you can feel like you won, go ahead, but I'm still pointing it out. And if you feel like you can go lightly with the censors, fine, but I'm starting to distrust you two when it comes to going overboard. As Mage said, it doesn't do anything other than add a semi-inappropriate element you your post.

Would you like me to repeat myself that it was implied? Also the very comment that implies it is bluntly obvious? Also, fusion was not in the implication; mating was. I know perfectly well what fusion is and what makes it different, and I wouldn't have been so alarmed had you pointed out that you were talking about fusion, instead of leaving it the way it was.

If you would like me to drop it so you can feel like you won, go ahead, but I'm still pointing it out. And if you feel like you can go lightly with the censors, fine, but I'm starting to distrust you two when it comes to going overboard. As Mage said, it doesn't do anything other than add a semi-inappropriate element you your post.

Alright, undersood. I will keep that in mind

So...I feel like I am going a bit overboard on the Cudahsai destruction thing. Should I lighten that up?

Edited for typo

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Ooh, didn't Zam mention something about killing his necromancer off earlier?

I'm thinking about it, though I dunno, now that he's involved in a relationship with Terra... I need to think about it

Edited by zamboza

I have quite a few notes for what is happening in this thread, so please read this post because any further posts breaking rules will earn warnings.

1. Off-topic chat is considered spam and not allowed in OOC threads. Please take chat to PM. It is considered off-topic or chat if: it is not related to the thread at hand or the topic changes rapidly and often. As far as I can tell, things like Steven Universe have nothing to do with what's happening in the RP. While we sometimes allow the offhand off-topic comment, these comments become a problem when: they comprise the majority of the post, they go on for several posts, or they begin to derail the thread.
  2. Mods do not allow name calling, even when users seem to be joking. This is not because we are fuddy-duddys. It is because i) there are many times when one friend thinks they are joking, but the other friend is hurt at the words. We have no way of knowing that someone just doesn't feel comfortable speaking up or reporting the posts even if they are made uncomfortable with them. Therefore, we don't allow the posts in public in order to protect users and uphold the rule about respecting each other, and ii) it can make other users in the thread uncomfortable. Imagine you're a new user who doesn't know anyone and you step into a thread where, although people seem to be friendly with each other, they are calling each other rude names. You don't know these people and you're not comfortable being called these names. You have no way of knowing that they won't jokingly call you these names and are made too uncomfortable to post in the thread. If you and your friend are happy jokingly calling each other names, that's fine and up to you - but please take it to PM.
  3. While we appreciate users making use of the censorkips and properly censoring their words, there is such a thing as overdoing it. If you have several censored words in your post, you're probably overdoing it (and you can earn a warn if your post is overloaded with censors).
  4. Please RP in English-only. Mods can't moderate what we can't read.
  5. Leave the modding to the mods. While we respect that there is a healthy amount of responsibility in RP threads, there is a point where users need to utilize the report button (found in the upper right hand side of every post, near the quote button) and let a mod take care of it instead of attempting to handle the situation on their own. Mods have the authority and tools to deal with a variety of situations. Users do not and can often exacerbate a situation they mean to calm down. OPs have a lot of authority over their RP and users are certainly free to ask others to clarify posts, tone down more intense posts, etc. However, this is not a free pass to disrespect other others. If you are frustrated or angry, please take a few moments to step back and breathe. Calm down and think about what you're about to post because if you made it while angry, there's a good chance it comes off as disrespectful rather than authoritative.

If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to ask in the thread or via PM. Thanks, guys.

Hey Alex, I have a question for you. About the YAAD world

Would Spriters Alts type of dragons exist in this world? Like, the Pink Tinsel and the blue Shimmer? Not to mention the silver Ribbondancers and such

Probably not. I don't think you can even RP spriter's alts? Though the point is moot because we can choose to have our dragons be slightly different colors to the norm anyway.

Ah, I thought the Chinese was acceptable if there wasn't anything naughty in there.... Though it does stand to reason that if the mods can't read it...

Apologies, it won't happen again.

Ah, I thought the Chinese was acceptable if there wasn't anything naughty in there.... Though it does stand to reason that if the mods can't read it...

Apologies, it won't happen again.

Maybe it would be acceptable if there was translation provided as well? Just a thought, but I am probably wrong

And that does make sense, not being able to play spriters alts.

So...according to Blade's map in the main thread, would Harley and them be close to Cudahsai?

Yes, but I could be lying with the translations.

Why are you asking me?

Also, do you think we should make a note of all locations on that map, like "This is Adam's base" or "This is where the coastal village is" and such?