Alexander_Drake

YAAD OOC Thread

Um, Dash, just saying, but...

The rules say no chat speaking or text talking. Aka your current RP style.

No offense, but did you read the rules? sad.gif

EDIT: Alex! It's alright to like an RP style, but breaking the Rules is breaking the Rules! Don't encourage Dash to do that!

Edited by beiningtian

Um, Dash, just saying, but...

The rules say no chat speaking or text talking. Aka your current RP style.

No offense, but did you read the rules? sad.gif

EDIT: Alex! It's alright to like an RP style, but breaking the Rules is breaking the Rules! Don't encourage Dash to do that!

OKAY fine...

If a thread is making you upset, please take a break from it. Take some deep breaths, do an activity you enjoy, and come back when you've calmed down. Any posts after this post trying to incite trouble will receive a warning.

If a thread is making you upset, please take a break from it. Take some deep breaths, do an activity you enjoy, and come back when you've calmed down. Any posts after this post trying to incite trouble will receive a warning.

Alright. I deleted the unnecessary posts.

Sorry about that.

I'll go do something else for now and try to calm down a bit.

Dash, we aren't trying to make you have less fun or anything, we're just trying to help you with some general etiquette.... Kinda think of it this way: they're like table manners. Nobody's trying to stop you from enjoying the food, but it's best for everyone to be proper while doing so.

Alright, now that everything's been sorted out, who else needs to do something before the timeskip?

Larry & Shetne and probably Coastal Town as you started some interaction here, right? Or am I just not thinking anymore?...

Dash, we aren't trying to make you have less fun or anything, we're just trying to help you with some general etiquette.... Kinda think of it this way: they're like table manners. Nobody's trying to stop you from enjoying the food, but it's best for everyone to be proper while doing so.

Alright, now that everything's been sorted out, who else needs to do something before the timeskip?

Trying to do something for Vronti

Finally done with my post, just in time before the timeskip!

Click here to read my excruciatingly long chapter.

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

Please stop using that chatspeak... It's a pain to keep on scrolling down to read and to not really get that much info while we're at it.

And you shouldn't see an RP as a book you're writing, just saying.

I wouldn't say he's writing it like a book, I would say-as you said-that he's writing it like it's a chatbox. It's mostly dialog. It is rather lengthy, but switching it so each line isn't completely isolated from the other would help squish it down without ruining the quality of the piece. The way I write is I only create a new paragraph either when the focus switches or my current paragraph is getting too long and I can cut it's length by starting a new one with dialog. So instead of:

" Jimmy went down to the store to buy some milk.

Sally went with him so she could buy a new dress."

You would just remove the indent so you have:

" Jimmy went down to the store to buy some milk.

Sally went with him so she could buy a new dress."

I would even go and remove the indent and replace the period with a comma to turn it all into one sentence, so it would read smoother.

" Jimmy went down to the store to go buy some milk, and Sally went with him so she could buy a new dress."

Yay compound sentences.

Since Alex doesn't seem bothered by the "chatbox" style Dash has, I'm not going to go into my major-advice-giving mode unless it becomes a big issue or if Dash asks, but I can agree that the posts might be a bit too long for those on mobile(even though I don't have a phone or tablet), so scrunching up each spoken sentence into chunks can help mitigate the length.

My point was really that he was treating it like a book he was writing, less that he's actually writing a book. "Writing a book" is the normal RP style, if anything.

.... Yea, I guess that would work too, but only if he also cuts down on using the dialog to describe everything or the *action goes here* stuff...

The next time I write (probably this afternoon), I'll try to do what people have been suggesting that I do.

Please show a bit of support. I'm gonna try real hard to do this.

I have to remember not to use my usual roleplay elements.

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

Alright, good luck!

And if it would give you any peace of mind, I don't think anyone really *wants* to berate you.

Plus, it would help you if you decide to join any other RPs that are less lax with their rules, with the no chatspeak allowed rule for all the RP sections.

And who knows? He thought to himself. I COULD finally make Veronica...mine.

((Yeah, and Alex is sitting there like, "LOL NOPE"))

Yeah, this is pretty accurate.

Ahem, Mouse, are you regulating that Chatzy? It was not very pleasing to go in there looking for someone and seeing a lovely conversation about mating going on. If we switched chats again, it would be helpful if I was given the new link.

On a lighter topic, how many interactions do we have left? I know that there's the Thunder Kingdom, and if Doc wants to do a final post with Vylainne there's that. Are there still interactions going on in the Coastal Region? It seems to have halted...

On a lighter topic, how many interactions do we have left? I know that there's the Thunder Kingdom, and if Doc wants to do a final post with Vylainne there's that. Are there still interactions going on in the Coastal Region? It seems to have halted...

I think you got them all

Ahem, Mouse, are you regulating that Chatzy? It was not very pleasing to go in there looking for someone and seeing a lovely conversation about mating going on. If we switched chats again, it would be helpful if I was given the new link.

Skwerl, I am not always on, I do have school you know

Still debating giving Doc the admin password

Mouse, Tinselwings.... "Offered" to let you join up with me for awhile.

Sorry Mousie can't read

I'm not saying you have to be on 24/7, but it does seem that you're not on much. I trust Doc having the admin password, so that may be wise just so we have two admins(I don't know how Chatzy works on that level though, so it might be more complicated than that).

On that note, I haven't seen Doc much either, but my schedule might be different enough that I just never see them online. I don't know. I'm obsessed with a new game, so I'm not even that reliable. xd.png