Dragongirl253

How to be a Human

OKay so I guess I'll try to roleplay with someone because I have no idea how to start getting into this community. So I guess this is a roleplay about two close dragon friends who turn into humans for... some reason? I dunno like maybe they have some incurable dragon disease that doesn't affect humans. I just. Screw it we can make it up as we go along. The point is we're humans now because magic and we gotta figure out how to live in somewhat modern times. (I promise my writing skills are far better than this I'm just no good with intros/explanations...) And when I say somewhat modern, I mean, like, technology of maybe like 1940-50, and since it's a fantasy-ish setting, I guess the people will have beliefs of the average person from, I dunno, dark ages? Like people are afraid of witchcraft and magic and believe in ghosts and???? ?????? If you have any questions (I'm sorta hoping you do, because answering questions will definitely help me figure out what's going on with this fictional world) just go ahead and ask whenever.

Alright so. Character sheet!

Name:

Species as a Dragon (if it's not one from DC make sure you describe it):

Prominent Character Traits:

Notable Talents:

Description of Appearance as human:

So. Here's my character.

Name: Gwensesnethe (Gwen-cease-neth) (Gwen for short)

Species as a Dragon: Primarily Royal Blue with some Blusang Lindworm coloring from her father's side

Prominent Character Traits: Leader, Persistent, Goal-orientated

Notable Talents: Mimicking handwriting and voices, manipulating animals through means other than magic

Description of Appearance as human: Pale blonde hair that comes down to the middle of her back. She has somewhat dark, vaguely pink-tinted skin. She has a very small, slender frame, weighing in at barely over 90 pounds and just reaching 5'3". Her dark indigo eyes are narrow enough to seem out of place on a face as round and child-like as hers.

Alright, so. Again, I have no idea what I'm doing, so I suppose I'll just wait for someone to submit a character (honestly, unless I get more than one person wanting to join within 10 minutes, I'm just gonna accept the first person who wants in) and then I guess we'll just go ahead and start trying to make something decent out of this train wreck.

PS: Magic is an acceptable talent/ability as long as it's just little stuff (ex: Lighting a candle, shaping some materials, drawing water out of the ground, etc.). No burning down the town with the power of your mind, or levitating yourself onto a roof, or mind control or anything.

I'd like to join! On my phone but I'm going to be a radiant angel dragon.

Awesome! So are you just gonna post your character's info in a few minutes or..?

Name: Nico Angel

Species of dragon: Radiant angel, with golden eyes and white scales from his mother a Lumina.

Prominent character traits: gentleman like, sweet and gentle, curios

Notable abilities: can charm/cheer just about anyone, amazing singer, and matchmaker.

Human appearance: 6'4" pale snow white skin gold eyes, fit build, hair that dusts his collar has red roots, white main body and gold tips.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alright rad! I guess I'll start...

Gwensesneth makes brief eye contact with her partner as she directs her gaze up towards the sky. Under the waning crescent moon, the land is dark, and what little light there is is a cold silver glow. She pulls her fur cloak tighter around her shoulders.

"Are we ready?" she asks Nico, staring blankly toward the human settlement on the far side of a long stretch of flatland. "Do you have the gold to exchange with them for shelter?"

Nico nods running his fingers threw his hair,pushing it back from his eyes but it flopped back in front of the golden orbs. "I do.." He had a musical voice, and he threw up and cought the bag of gold and jewels from his horde. "Shall we head down to find a place? " he adjusted his thick dark red cloak on his shoulders.

Gwen nods and starts walking, her chin high and her shoulders back, as if to neatly fold nonexistent wings along her back. "I think the community lair... The... Inn, I believe it's called? Will be our best bet for avoiding suspicion... We can pass ourselves off as travelers, but we'll probably have to build up a good reputation fairly soon before the humans start to investigate... Of course, if they find out that we used to be dragons, they won't be too happy with our relationship to magic... We should probably keep our ignorance of human culture hidden as best we can..." Gwen trailed off, continuing her planning monologue in her head. She still silently mouthed the words and her eyes darted back and forth as thoughts chased each other through her head.

Nico was already heading down the hill to the village. "You may not know anything Gwen ... but I see the people quite often, some of the older kinder ones visit me on what they call Valentine's day...... just let me speak ...." he stopped and looked back at her, "you coming? "

Gwen looked up abruptly, snorting as she realized she'd fallen behind. "Yeah," she breathed, her breath forming a small cloud in the cold night air. Along with being able to fly, that was something she'd miss about her old self. "I didn't know you used to talk with the humans," she commented as she trotted to Nico's side. "Hopefully they won't recognize you..."

Nico smiles and shook his head. "No, they only saw me as a dragon. They would come and ask me for my feathers, and bring me gifts. Some women would ask if they can spend the day with me so they are not alone. Most of the women where widows. And me.. being me, I don't like anyone being glum." His long legs carried him past his comrade and he stop to make sure she was with him. "Would you like me to carry you Gwen dear?"

Gwen scoffs and grins. "Just because I look like a child doesn't mean I need to be treated like one," she bitterly answers, zooming ahead, her pose almost comical as she dashed into town headfirst and slightly bent over.

Nico barely had to jog as he cought up to her and snatched her lifting her up and setting her down beside him. "Gwen, it is good to lay low.. running head first in to a village like something is after you is no way to go about this ... you should know that dearie. Now calm down and act like a lady, I will help you if you need it." He spoke calmly and was bent over her small frame fingers on her chin so she had to look up at him. "Understand? "

Gwen forcibly exhaled a cloud of frozen breath. She nodded and slowly turned away, looking over her new environment once Nico released her. The singular human present was looking at the pair of them strangely, but didn't seem to think much of their display, as he soon went back to staring up at the sky. After taking a second to compose herself, Gwen straightened up and regally marched to the largest building in sight: the inn.

Edited by Dragongirl253

Nico walks beside her. "Alright, how will we present ourselves? Two people just don't travel together unless they know each other. Now, brother and Sister? No.no...they whont buy that, now... hmmm... friends? Or... no..." he shook his his head. "You whont go for that." He walks to the inn and waited for her, ready to get the door for her.

Gwen carefully considers her next action as she approaches the door. On the last step, the one that brought her across the inn's threshold, she hastily grinned and grabbed Nico's hand affectionately. Are we gonna go as lovers? Or do you think we could pull off father and daughter? Gwen thought, quickly remembering that her telepathy was gone - or at least didn't work as effortlessly as it used to. Still, she hoped Nico knew her well enough to pick up on her query.

"Welcome, travelers," The innkeeper chimed, warily scanning the pair of strangers.

Nico's cheeks where pink but it wasn't from the cold. "Good evening. Quite nippy out there. By any chance do you have a room available, and a warm meal for two weary travelers?" He turned to Gwen slipping an arm around her shoulders. "I'm quite hungry darling are you?"

((oh gOD SORRY I JUST DISAPPEARED YESTERDAY SOMETHING CAME UP AND I FORGOT))

Gwen sighed but nodded agreeably. "I am," she answered. "The cold really works up an appetite. How much for a night?" The innkeeper looked them over once more. "Two golds for a single room, three for a couple's."

It's ok busy day today whont b on much))

Nico pulled out three coins. "And how much for a dinner for two? " He longed to be a dragon again, and sleep in his cave, though he liked being with the people, he'd miss somethings. He placed the coins on the bar.

"Depends on what you want," the stout man behind the counter answered. Gwen flexed her claws, now dulled to short, round nails. "Rabbit," she decided. "Maybe pheasant if you have it." The innkeeper nodded. "A meal of meat will be 4 golds." He accepted the money from Nico and began leading the two of them up a flight of stairs to their room. "Your meal will be ready shortly."

Nico nods and walked into the room. "Thank you sir." He waited until he was gone before turning to Gwen. "I thought you wouldn't go with that idea. I didn't know if you where comfortable with it."

Gwen shrugged, fidgeting with her hair. "I dunno, I just... Panicked, I guess? I should probably stop over thinking things..." Gwen's stomach rumbled. "Anyways, I already miss hunting my own food. How about you?"

Nico nods taking off his cloak. "It's best to go with what you feel. Yes; I could do with a couple rabbits... hunting would be easier, but I eat some berries too. But now we must play the part of lovers, and you dearie seem like you need lessons on such a complex expression. You are lucky you are with one of the few Valentine's dragons, we know all there is about love." He pulled out a silver hair brush and comb. "I was given these, and had no need of them until now; they apparently help you groom your hair...." He takes off her cloak and hangs it up, then pulled her over to the bed sitting down on it and had her stand in front of him with her back turned to him. He ran his fingers through the silky strands. "It is a marvel to me at how human fingers are so.... sensitive ... compared to talons, and they can do more of the delicate work with them” He began to brush her hair slowly, carefully so every strand was in it’s place, a habit he picked up from his Lumina mother. “Fist lesson, showing affection toward me can’t be over thought. If you think it would be appropriate at the time then do so, hesitating would only lead to suspicion about our so called “Relationship”. Understand?”

((yeah the modern-ish tech in a midevil (i can't spell) type fantasy setting is kinda what I was trying to articulate in the first post describing the setting))

Gwen purred - well, it came out more like a hum, but that's besides the point - at the sensation of Nico running the brush through her hair. "Oh, hush, Nico," She started, the affection in her tone starkly contrasting her defiance from earlier. "You talk like dragons don't have mates of their own. I might not be too great with human displays of affection but I know the general behavior of lovers..." She went silent for a long moment, examining her fingers and the thin, torn nails on the end of them. "And I have to agree with you about fingers... So far, everything that required utmost precision as a dragon feels brutish to do with these little things. Humans and dragon really aren't made for the same kinds of lives, are we?"

"No... indeed not.." He spoke softly also surprised at her change in attitude

"Although I know many dragons who would rather die then to give up their proud bodies." He still brushed her hair till it was smooth and shone like silver. "I know you know about lovers... I'm merely reminding myself .... although I never had a mate of my own. Always too busy helping the kind humans during breeding season, times have changed now, and so have the people.

Gwen hummed her acknowledgement when there was a knock on the door to their room. "Your meal is ready," called the innkeeper from the other side of the door. Gwen glanced at Nico and gracefully rose to her feet, moving to answer the door and receive their dinner.