DragonLove234

Hollies VS Prizes

Since most people seem to value Holly over Prizes, then doesn't this mean it's better to get HM(since then you can choose a CB Holly) than a prize? tongue.gif

You can also get a CB Soulpeace instead, hollies are rarer than soulpeaces, but hollies VS CB soulpeaces? The poor holly won't stand a chance. tongue.gif

I haven't been able to catch a single one, but have been gifted some by wonderful folks like yourself. wink.gif Fifth gen seems to be the lowest I can come by for now. One of these days....

Now you tell me. REMIND me for next year, SB. I can do you a fourth even. xd.png

Holly 2 gen beats prize 2 gen, no contest, FOR ME. But let's face it - it is a personal preference thing. (And I would rather that than a CB hybrid, thanks !)

Nice. Goes well with my Winter Magi. wink.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/SiCzq

Nice! I was hoping to find a couple third gens but I haven't had time to hunt this year. Christmas is kind of a no go for extra activities not related to cooking. At least until after the holiday. New Years now...

But my third gen golds from ribbon dancers were gifted via people on the even gen thread that I'd helped with gold offspring. So you may try asking there if you end up looking for a mate. I did manage to line up a 2nd gen gold/snow angel and solstice so I'll eventually be able to join all 4 past female Christmas dragons. And I freely admit one reason I'm leaning towards that as the idea of trying to get enough 2nd gen hollies to extend the lineage makes me go o.O

Nice. Goes well with my Winter Magi. wink.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/SiCzq

Can we talk next year - I picked up one just like that but unrelated ! I'm busily building a lineage now !

But that kind of thing is what makes Hollies more fun - it is MUCH easier to build beautiful checkers !

imo CB Holly's are rarer, but CB Prizes are better because they breed true year round (so their a bit more fun to play with)

2G Holly & 2G Prize are 1:1 imo. but after that, clean 2-breed Checker, Spiral or Stair Hollys are worth more than prize lines.

in a few years (like next year), i think that messy Hollies will be worthless since TJ removed the limit restriction

Since most people seem to value Holly over Prizes, then doesn't this mean it's better to get HM(since then you can choose a CB Holly) than a prize?  tongue.gif

nah.

while CB Holly's are rarer and the pool is smaller, given the choice most people choose a CB Prize over a CB Holly simply because you can get more rare offspring from a prize (either for yourself, to gift to friends or to trade)

then again, some people dont want the hassle of owning a BC prize tongue.gif so to each their own xd.png

at christmas time hollies are better because well thats the only time they can be gotten xd.png but the rest of the year the prizes rule the roost.

I'm still glad I picked a prize over a holly. It wasn't even a contest. It may be a pain to keep up with, but I can get most of what I want with a prize. Hollies are only ultra-valuable on Christmas. And even then, I could easily get a 2G holly with a prize. I wouldn't quite say they're 1:1, because even in the most valuable time this year, I've seen more 2G hollies ask for a prize then I've seen prize owners ask for a holly. Plus, metal catchers, other prize owners, and even spriter's alt owners are almost always pleased with a 2G prize (and nothing else, if they know you own one.. :c)

But, by all means, go for the hollies. We need more hollies than prizes.

One point: while it's true that Hollies can only reproduce themselves once a year, a 2nd gen with White can breed beautiful 3rd gen checkers year round, which may not be good for trade, but they are exceptionally beautiful.

Seasonals would be a problem in that area, lol, so the mate would be a MAJOR factor.