wobster109

Show collected mana in a page somewhere?

Hi, I keep picking up different colors and sizes of mana crystals around the site. I think they are charming and beautiful. Each time it says what type it is, life, dark, lightning, fire. I haven't found a page to view the ones I've clicked though. Would it be possible to show a page that says "You've found the following mana shards" with sprites and totals of each type? I'd love to come back and look at them after the event. smile.gif

Support! Would love to have this, if it's not too much work for TJ.

Edited by cheese456

This would be quite nice - considering that past holiday events had had something we can see afterwards (our trees, wreaths, snow forts, etc) - while this one (so far) seems to have nothing that will be around after it ends

Fully support

Poor TJ. Each event non-Halloween event you ask him to have something to display what we click on.

This and maybe keeping the minigame as a separate thing (I've never loved a tile game so much). So much yes.

Edited by Myra the Sark

It WOULD be nice to have the game for ever. But I can live without seeing my mana.

Personally, I'm not worried about the mana. But I want the game to stay around FOREVER.... AND become something we do to earn stuff. I can think of dozens of things to collect mana for.

1. Collect 1 million mana receive a Prize dragon

2. Collect 25k mana and safely mature 1 hatchling early

3. Collect 100k mana and be guaranteed an egg on a breeding of your choice

etc. etc. etc.

Of course the numbers are up for debate, and should not be cheap at all for anything. But I love the idea of keeping the game AND earning stuff from it year round.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I would *LOVE* to be able to see the mana I've collected! I was surprised to find that we couldn't. They are different sizes and different colors and very pretty!

It could be a fun addition, I woudn't mind it being around.

Since we all collect mana to contribute to the same cause it would make just a little sense that it is accounted for in some way. ^^

I would *LOVE* to be able to see the mana I've collected! I was surprised to find that we couldn't. They are different sizes and different colors and very pretty!

This. I like it when we can actually see things from our badge.

However, even if this doesn't happen, the event is still nice!

Lol, it would have to be a big page - 14 days of mana collecting would make a pretty large mosaic...

They are beautiful, though.

As world building fleshes out with time, I would hope/think we'll eventually get something that tells us more what mana looks like anyway that is a real part of the encyclopedia. I don't see a real need to have a page dedicated to showing the mana we've collected so far, though.

I'd like to be able to see mana collected... it would give me a reason to hoard mana shards rather than just filling my bar.

Kind of unrelated, but the colour for death mana is different for the Halloween event and the Christmas event.

For Halloween it was red, now it's grey.

Mana colours:

Balance: Navy Blue

Light: White

Dark: Dark Purple/Black

Magi: Orange

Life: Light Green/Green

Death: Red/Grey

Time: Light Blue

Edited by BananaGummyBear64

No, death mana was black/gray at Halloween too. The orange you remember (not red) was magic mana.

I'd like to see the game stick around too but BIG DISAGREE with being able to get prize dragons through it. That would majorly, majorly undermine the whole concept. If some OTHER breed were created to be a prize gettable through the mana game though that would be neat and something I'd support.

I'd like to see mana usable for spells or something, since we are supposed to be wizards after all. Not sure how tho'.

Edited by Lurhstaap

No, death mana was black/gray at Halloween too. The orange you remember (not red) was magic mana.

https://dragcave.net/halloween14/BananaGummyBear64

Second row, third column from the right. If you look closely, the gem is red, and if I remember correctly that was the necklace that brought the skeleton back to life. The colour changing crystal also has a red version, but no black.

I don't really see much point in this. While the shards of mana are pretty, they are not as artistically varied as the Easter eggs and Halloween treats. Perhaps, as Sock suggested, it could be part of the information in the encyclopedia rather than a personal tally of all the mana you have collected.

I would like to see the game preserved for future play, but don't count on it. Many of us have asked for previous interactive games and decorating to be kept live, but it hasn't happened yet.

The announcement shows mana by its colouration. The center bluish crystal is neutral mana. The top three (from top to left to right) are death, fire and lightning with dark in the center. The bottom left are wind, time and ice with magi in the center. The bottom right are water, earth and life with light in the center.

user posted image

Edited by Ashywolf

I don't find it necessary to have a page with many badges, but as mentioned earlier, it'd probably be good to have them in the encyclopedia.

I don't really see much point in this. While the shards of mana are pretty, they are not as artistically varied as the Easter eggs and Halloween treats. Perhaps, as Sock suggested, it could be part of the information in the encyclopedia rather than a personal tally of all the mana you have collected.

I would like to see the game preserved for future play, but don't count on it. Many of us have asked for previous interactive games and decorating to be kept live, but it hasn't happened yet.

Well, one point would be that this IS a different type of game, a timewaster game, not like an adventure which most people would ultimately become bored repeating and probably suck up a lot more resources to keep going.

This is a little like Solitaire in some respects, and it's a wonderful asset to have while ERing dragons, waiting for spaces/breeders to open, for people to pick up eggs to unlock you; something with which to amuse ourselves ourselves during boring periods, considering all of the myriad things for which we wait on DC.

So it would be really nice to be able to keep the game, although I certainly wouldn't want to have an endless stream of incoming mana bouncing the AP eggs around, lol.