TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

So far for Holiday Breeding - I have bred my Solstice, Yulebucks, and one of my two Wrapping Wings.

I'm now egg locked - but if I did my math right, I should be able to flesh out nearly the whole of Holiday dragon entries by raising them before breeding season ends.

Look, it's the blizzard! (or probably just lag)

user posted image

This made me laugh so hard. xd.png

Really nice game! I prefer it to having to wait around for crystals to appear.

Seriously bummed by the lineages found in the AP today! rolleyes.gif

Here's a dumb question - I took a hiatus from 2011 until August of this year, so Halloween was my first holiday event after the hiatus and I had some good luck picking up 2G of Halloween dragons I'd missed in that time. I'm doing the same with this event. I grabbed a Holly this morning (something like a 5G) - I take it from this thread that I should be glad I got it, and not toss it back in hopes of a 2G?

Edited by c4t3rp1ll4r

Here's a dumb question - I took a hiatus from 2011 until August of this year, so Halloween was my first holiday event after the hiatus and I had some good luck picking up 2G of Halloween dragons I'd missed in that time. I'm doing the same with this event. I grabbed a Holly this morning (something like a 5G) - I take it from this thread that I should be glad I got it, and not toss it back in hopes of a 2G?

That's up to you to decide - though my advice would be to keep it, and keep a spot to keep hunting. IF you find a better one - throw it back (I did this a few years back and had the major luck of scoring a 2nd Gen Holly from a Prize Holly).

This way - you still have a low(er) gen. Holly should luck not be in your favor for an even lower gen. one

Finally won a round of the game. At least I know I can win. Hehe, it's no snow wars, but it's still pretty fun. ^^

hollys have been rare for YEARS. only now are they finally picking up after 5 years.

so major advice is to hold onto that egg. however, you can still get one more even with that egg.

Finally won a round of the game. At least I know I can win. Hehe, it's no snow wars, but it's still pretty fun. ^^

It reminds me a bit of the old PC game Alchemy (in fact, I think it might be very near the same re: mechanics?), and I played that game for hours as a kid--although I'm much better at this than I ever was at Alchemy!

e: Link to the wiki page for the curious.

Edited by Guillotine

hollys have been rare for YEARS. only now are they finally picking up after 5 years.

so major advice is to hold onto that egg. however, you can still get one more even with that egg.

Thanks, I think I'll be hanging on to it for the sake of having one, and maybe letting myself be a little pickier once I'm not egglocked. smile.gif

It reminds me a bit of the old PC game Alchemy (in fact, I think it might be very near the same re: mechanics?), and I played that game for hours as a kid--although I'm much better at this than I ever was at Alchemy!

e: Link to the wiki page for the curious.

Yanno, you're right! lol, also reminds me a bit of how Bejeweled is played, which I am good at. biggrin.gif

take what you can get of the Hollies, anyone who gets a second gen is very very VERY lucky

What made me sad was the amount of messy solstices D: it's like how hard is it to pick a cave born mate and not one with a giant lineage ;n;

Well, I did my best. I bred one of mine with a CB Ice which produced three eggs and the other was bred with a CB Grave which produced two eggs.

I still have all four of my 2G Winter Magi's to breed as well as one or two Wrapping Wings, my Holly (sorry it's messy), 1 or 2 Snow Angels and one Yulebuck.

I'll try to breed pretty lineages with them for others to enjoy. ^^

take what you can get of the Hollies, anyone who gets a second gen is very very VERY lucky

Just like I was. An amazing gifter gave me one! :3

Edited by shadowfighter

N'ah, you're not dumb. I was a bit confused at first myself.

Click on the event and go to the page where you see the Red and green dragon. There should be a sign under it and the story that says "PlayManaAlchemy" just click that and it'll take you to the game.

Yeah... Well... I'd love it, if that were true for me... I only get the "Instructions" (http://dragcave.net/holidays14/tiles). No board, nothing. Only the explanation for how to play... I don't see a button for "Okay"/"Understood"/"Play" or wathever either... So my question remains... How can I actually play...? I think it must be re~ally easy. But I don't get it sleep.gif

@Guillotine: Yeah~ If only I would find the site with the Bord~ But I DON'T! *sigh* How do you GET there...?

And what do you mean with "block settings"? I'm not native to english so could you explain...?

EDIT: Ah~ silly me xd.png @Guillotine you ment the adblocker, right?

Well, anyhow -- I found the problem! Now I can see the board...! I'm ha~ppy~! At last I can play xd.png

Edited by Akasaki

Hollys so hard to catch D| I think it's the last one I need too to have one of everything. How many Christmas dragons are there again?

I feel stupid but I really don't get how the game works.

I'll try again sunday when I'm not dead tired from work. xd.png

I feel stupid but I really don't get how the game works.

I'll try again sunday when I'm not dead tired from work. xd.png

xd.png It took me a bit too. It's basically like really fancy bingo, where you get to decide where things go. You wanna make rows and/or columns.

Can't believe I just realized that you can put runes on mana crystals. Ah well.

Still, this is so much fun! Thanks, TJ!

Awesome, I didn't miss the event! Going to try my best to complete it (and try to find more eggs as well) depending if this phone will me ^^; If not, I tried ^^;

Hollys so hard to catch D| I think it's the last one I need too to have one of everything. How many Christmas dragons are there again?

There are currently 6 available Christmas dragons, the new dragon will be released on Christmas.

So, I looked through a few random pages, but I couldnt find anything about it:

What happens(ed) when we filled up the global mana bar?

eh

It's an okay event, but i really miss last year's sad.gif

I was hoping for something with a cute christmassy feel instead of a mana game

I wanna play snow wars again sad.gif