TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

What made me sad was the amount of messy solstices D: it's like how hard is it to pick a cave born mate and not one with a giant lineage ;n;

Say...

What with the storm, supposing that means we get a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer themed dragon for Christmas this year?

The mini game is a bit confusing, I will admit. I just end up placing the tiles wherever I can.

Still, this manna collection thing is a nice idea. And not too surprising since that aspect was added to DC with the introduction of the Dragon Encyclopedia and the Despis Dragon. Nice Job to TJ and the DC staff.

Speaking of the Encyclopedia, is anyone else having issues with unlocking the egg sprite for the Solstice Dragon? I've viewed a bunch of eggs on online click sites and even ended up picking one up from the AP. And I still haven't unlocked the egg sprite. Is this a glitch, or is it just me?

Thank you for the very kind suggestion and the offer! A wonderful gifter just gifted me a Holly. I am so happy. Thank you! smile.gif

You're welcome. happy.gif That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to get a Holly. ^^

@Silverswift - That would be EPIC!

@Anca - Bwahahahaha! I wasn't expecting that and almost choked on my drink. Thank you, I needed that laugh. xd.png (and I agree)

I have to admit I have *no* clue what I'm doing in that mana game. And this is not my favorite Christmas event.

Turns out I'm REALLY good at that mana game! My first Christmas on DC, woohoo! I've already got the Solstice and Winter Magis that I wanted, and they are GORGEOUS. My new Solstices have CB Silver and Gold daddies! biggrin.gif And my Winter Magis have Red Nebula and Grave mommies!

HOORAY CHRISTMAS

Turns out I'm REALLY good at that mana game! My first Christmas on DC, woohoo! I've already got the Solstice and Winter Magis that I wanted, and they are GORGEOUS. My new Solstices have CB Silver and Gold daddies! biggrin.gif And my Winter Magis have Red Nebula and Grave mommies!

HOORAY CHRISTMAS

Am I horrible if I say that I am excited about the raffle, too... I'd LOVE to win something in it.

Hey quick question, are the other Holidays available to grab in the cave? Or are they breedable only?

(It's my first Christmas here :3)

Edited by ValentinesWrath

for those having trouble in the mana game.

its a little like tetris. you need to fill out an entire line to delete the blocks and get crystals (block pattern doesint matter). the main goal is to get as many crystals as possible.

blocks however, only connect to ones with matching boarders or elements.

hope this helps. biggrin.gif

Hey quick question, are the other Holidays available to grab in the cave? Or are they breedable only?

only breed able. =]

you can grab from the abandoned page.

Edited by reddof-f6

I have to admit I have *no* clue what I'm doing in that mana game. And this is not my favorite Christmas event.

Tiles can be placed next to ones in their group/background (Creation, Change, Destruction), triads (detailed in rules), and balance tiles. Tiles cannot be placed next to ones that do not fulfill this. The object of the game is to cover the entire board with tiles/crystals. Crystals denote spaces that had a tile, but the tile was destroyed by a bomb or by filling an entire row/column.

And don't worry; more is coming, as said in the OP. I'm sure those who don't enjoy the game (and those who do) will enjoy that part.

Thanks for reminding me about the Holly dragons being out. I was able to grab two from the AP. And the Mana game isn't that hard. You just have to cover every space with a tile at least once.

They OLD holidays... the ones from previous years... are breedable only. SO that means you must either hunt them in the AP or be gifted one or trade for it.

On the 25th itself, though... a new breed will begin dropping in the biomes.

I hope that helps clear some things up.

They OLD holidays... the ones from previous years... are breedable only. SO that means you must either hunt them in the AP or be gifted one or trade for it.

On the 25th itself, though... a new breed will begin dropping in the biomes.

I hope that helps clear some things up.

It does thanks <3

What made me sad was the amount of messy solstices D: it's like how hard is it to pick a cave born mate and not one with a giant lineage ;n;

i feel the same with holly's. some lineages make me cringe. blink.gif

i hope to catch a nice lineage to match with this guy. lineage

Ou!~ We unlocked the Epilogue of the story! The way its written reminds me of that one episode from Dragons: Riders of Berk when Toothless, Hookfang and the other dragons wrapped their wings around the vikings and animals in order to keep them warm.

WHOA!! I just 'won the game'!! I contributed 81 manna crystals and already maxxed my daily crystal count. NICE game!

Now I need to find some well-bred Xmas eggs!

I'm noticing there are way more Hollies this year, though finding low-gen ones has proven to be tedious. I've also noticed where there was an abundance of 2nd gens of the other Christmas eggs last year, there are more messier ones this year xd.png I love hunting through everything, though, and I've been lucky enough to grab several Holly dragons, and have gifted several as well biggrin.gif

Edited by AquaBlueRain

The mana crystals are very charming. I'd love to be able to keep on seeing them! Like a page where it would display all the crystals you've collected, just like the Valentine flower pots. I'd really love that. smile.gif

Speaking of the Encyclopedia, is anyone else having issues with unlocking the egg sprite for the Solstice Dragon? I've viewed a bunch of eggs on online click sites and even ended up picking one up from the AP. And I still haven't unlocked the egg sprite. Is this a glitch, or is it just me?

Same here, couldn't unlock the egg sprite even though I picked several Solstice eggs in the AP.

This is so awesome already, I'm loving the snow event! biggrin.gif