TJ09

2014-12-19 - Snow Warning!

Happy Holidays to everyone! smile.gif

The game is a little confusing and not as much fun as, say, Snow Wars, but I just played it and I think I caught on pretty fast. I may warm up to it. But man, I'm never prepared for holiday breeding to start even when I'm anticipating it! blink.gif Well, time to go abandon or gift some eggs. mellow.gif

Edit: If anyone wants 'em, I put four eggs up to gift here. smile.gif

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Just finished breeding all my Xmas pretties that and,aside from one that has a code that has the word snow in it,will be abandoning the remaining Xmas eggs soon as they're ready to go unto those that don't yet have any/want more.biggrin.gif

Every single Holiday that shows up in the AP seems to be gone the instant it appears. dry.gif Anyone else noticing this?

biggrin.gif Yeah, it seems to be that way. I have a decent internet connection, not too slow, and last year I was able to catch some holly eggs. This year - not a chance. Still surprised that I was able to catch a solstice egg wink.gif

Yes! I have been waiting patiently for this, but why do these events always catch me when I just hatched some eggs.

biggrin.gif Yeah, it seems to be that way. I have a decent internet connection, not too slow, and last year I was able to catch some holly eggs. This year - not a chance. Still surprised that I was able to catch a solstice egg wink.gif

I caught a solstice first try. You would think that they would be the hardest to get and the rarest to appear.

sad.gif I was kind of caught off guard about the Christmas event, so I didn't clear up all my egg slots. (Even though only one slot is taken up, I could only get 4 eggs!)

But anywas, this event looks great, and I'm looking forward to the Christmas Dragon release. This is my second Holiday event, Halloween 2014 being my first. biggrin.gif

How exactly do Christmas dragons appear on the abandoned page? Do people just give them away to be found by people or do dragons 'auto-breed'?

made an agreement a while back to breed some holiday eggs for a person i trade with, and got them some great codes so far

a Magi whose a MOFO (this one made me laugh) and an explosive Wrapping Wing with TNT in the code xd.png still singing the AC/DC song from that one

so far all is going great. got some epic trades coming in in a few days for Marrow mates, but right now i've got mates on my scroll for the following Marrows to build perfect checkers with wub.gif

Reaper

Postenaite

Ribbonbutt

Twisted <-- has rejected 4 mates but HA you can't reject this mate cause TJ turns rejection off on the holidays :tongue: cheeky little dragon, if rejection wasn't turned off i know for a fact that this little chap would promptly reject his perfect mate *nods*

(and yes, Ribbonbutt's and Twisted's offspring will be used to make a 4G perfect checker wub.gif )

i've also finally got a mate for Noooo my first adorable little Sweetling. i never thought i'd get a perfect mate for him wub.gif

How exactly do Christmas dragons appear on the abandoned page? Do people just give them away to be found by people or do dragons 'auto-breed'?

most of the time its from the multi-clutch that Holidays give. when you breed a Holiday dragon its likely that it will produce up to 4 eggs from the breeding; you can only keep one egg out of that clutch. once you choose to keep one of the eggs the remaining eggs go to the AP.

some of the time, people breed for the AP (meaning they breed their left over Holidays while locked or with the aim of sending all the eggs to the AP)

Edited by Red2111

One pairing(1 or 2 xmas dragons) can breed up to 4 eggs. So if a player has 4 xmas dragons and breeds them with non-xmas dragon there will be up to 14 eggs on the AP if the breeder doesn't decide to take an egg from each pairing.

Fun event so far, bred some of my Christmas dragons and got some more hollies to catch up to my other Christmas dragons.

Looking forward to the new dragons as well! Thanks TJ for a awesome event as always.

They are bred and produce more than one egg, even up to four! And since you can only keep one in such situations, they choose one egg to keep and auto-abandon the others. Those eggs appear in the AP! smile.gif

Unfortunately i just tried (and failed) to breed my adult Christmas dragons a day or to ago sad.gif

You'll be able to breed them before the breeding period stops still! smile.gif It goes for about a week.

I hope the whole snowstorm thing is the prelude to the new holiday release. A stormy, angry, volatile Christmas dragon would be really awesome and a great change of pace from the usual bright and gaudy =o

I don't know why, but you're post got the Grinch's song stuck in my head. xd.png

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch Dragon"~

Seriously though, that'd be pretty awesome. It'd be cool if it were something like the Winter Warlock from the classic Story of Santa Clause.