Noivern

Draw ALL the Dragons!

user posted image

wait no come back I can draw better than that I swear

Yes, that's right. I'm gonna try to draw every. single. dragon.

--species, that is. But even so, I'm including alts, hatchlings, other color variations (lookin' at you, Nebulas), everything. Because I need to draw more often. I make no promises as far as consistent art styles/overall quality are concerned, nor can I guarantee daily updates, but here goes nothing. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Critique is always welcome!

Feel free to request a species; I'll get to them all eventually, but I'll prioritize what you want to see. C:

---

Let's kick things off with a quick headshot!

user posted image

One of the first dragons I found on this website was a Moonstone (sprites by kuraianubis), abandoned as a hatchling and quickly snagged by yours truly. I have yet to come up with a decent name/description for her, but the first thing that came to mind when I read the species name was that one "envious moon" line from that one romance-wannabe Shakespearean tragedy and I'm not sure what to make of that.

Edited by Noivern

Thank you, all three of you! c:

Blegh, computer glitched out on me yesterday so I didn't get to finish anything. Here's what I could salvage of a Black dragon (also known as "blatant wing practice"). (Original sprites by Silverdrak.)

user posted image

I'll try to finish something today, I swear. Black and green are fun colors to work with.

Edited by Noivern

It still looks cool though. I can sorta imagine how it'll look once it's finished

Off topic: your signature sorta reminds me of the anarchy symbol

Edited by Hazel360

Sounds like a fun (and daunting) project! Good luck. It'll be interesting to see any stylistic differences between the first and last ones you draw :3

Just make sure you have permission from the artist(s) who worked on the dragon. Check the "Official Art Usage Form" in Suggestions/Requests to see if you have to contact the artist(s) first ^^

That is gorgeous! blink.gif I would love to see your version of a Thunder or a Trihorn.

That's a great idea and I'm looking forward to your works so much<3

Also I'd like to see the Autumn Seasonal dragon if you're planning to draw one.

These look absolutely amazing. My dragons look like blobs with some triangles for wings. xd.png

If you could draw an Electric or a Sunsong Amphiptere that would make my day.

That moonstone looks amazing! And I love what you have so far on the Black dragon!

Who, me? Get sidetracked by other stuff and forget to do this once a day? Nah....

Sorry about that, everyone. :\ Thank you all for your kind words, though! :D

About the art usage topic, thank you for bringing that to my attention! I'm working under the assumption that fanart is okay since I'm not using any part of the official sprite, but I'll be sure to credit the original dragon artists from now on~

Anywho, wouldn't be fair of me to post without having something new to show for it, so! A quick headshot of a silver Tinsel Dragon, done as a warmup of sorts. (Tinsel dragons by Marrionetta.) Heavily referenced this tutorial for the coloring; I've never colored anything metallic before and I'm not sure how well this turned out, but it turns out reflective highlights are wicked fun. c:

user posted image

Currently using this as my avatar, and I guess I can mess with the colors if anyone wants a gold or bronze version?

Hm, would anyone be interested if I started a tumblr for these? I think having a blog to maintain would keep me on track, not to mention that it'd be a nice way for people to find the dragons they like without having to scroll through this thread (and given how many dragons there are, I'm sure this will get long).

finally, quick note to self for requests thus far: Thunder, Trihorn, Autumn Seasonal, Electric, Sunsong Amphiptere

I have a bit of a weird request

A drawing of a fat Sweetling (the black one, is it an alt? That is the one I'd like.)

The only real thing that MUST be done is that it must be fat. Look at my signature and you will understand.

This is an awesome project! You'll be much better at drawing dragons when you finish. o.o (Not that your art isn't already far better than mine is...) The moonstone is really pretty. The tinsel is a bit creepy with the eye being the same colour as the body. It looks almost like it's a mannequin. I think that the eyes are silver in a silver tinsel, but blown up to that proportion looks strange. Maybe adding a bit of some reference point (fleck of light or something) would bring it to life more?

WOW! That is some amazing artwork. I absolutely love the blatant wing practice.

I am in awe of your artistic abilities.