Cavedragon49990

Alex's Doodley Things

I'm Alex, and I'm a fourteen year old with an interest in art and science. But I can't exactly incorporate science into something I can post on a forum, can I? tongue.gif

Anyway, I've been drawing since I was pretty young, but around 2013 was when I felt my art was really starting to improve. Looking back, I think it's terrible, but hey, I was twelve when I drew most of it. Point being, I'm posting my art here now.

Most of what I do is digital, but I may slip in a pencil drawing here or there. That's probably not going to happen much, because my scanner likes to make things kind of messy, but hey, you never know. I'm planning on doing animations at some point, and I probably will post them eventually, but lately I do not have the time to work on them. (They're planned for songs that range from 3-5 minutes long, so please be patient with me if I announce I'm going to do one!)

I'm going to broach the topic of requests before I post my art; I'm really busy lately, because of high school, but I'm open to requests. I might not get to it right away, but I will eventually. If I have to turn you down for whatever reason (unlikely but I suspect it may happen) I'll let you know why. But generally, as long as it's not NSFW stuff or offensive, I'll do my best.

Anyway, I'll post my art shenanigans in the next post, so bear with me here!

Anyway, here's what's just going to be previews and the like. I'll most likely link to posts when I publish a request or a new picture.

The art programs I use are either 1) pencil and paper, 2) Photoshop or 3) FireAlpaca. I mostly do my work in FireAlpaca these days, but I use Photoshop to edit my drawings if I don't have the right tool in FA.

[This was my NaNoWriMo novel cover. I'm not exactly proud of it but I did it in a rush...]

user posted image

[small trigger warning for this one - there's usage of a minor swear and scars.]

user posted image

[This was something I did from pulling from a screenshot; it was a screencapture of the Daze music video from Poets of the Fall.]

user posted image

I think that's all I've got for right now. That's my scribbly stuff. tongue.gif

I'm going to kick the thread up because it's falling back.

Hazel, I'm sorry it's taking so long for the drawing - I am dealing with a lot of mental crap right now, and I haven't had the energy. sad.gif I'm trying my best here, I'll have it done as soon as I can.

user posted image

Done! Sorry it took so long, Hazel, but I had some serious limits on my time that I could work on it... 2 hours of computer time a day, when I have other things to do too, is a serious cut into the amount of time I can work on things. >.<

In other news, I may upload some pencil sketches soon. I've done a lot of pencil drawing again to sharpen my skills (pun intended, but it kinda falls flat considering I use mechanicals...).

Okay, I lied, this isn't a pencil sketch. But it's pretty colorless if you don't count the blue.

user posted image

(This girl isn't mine! She's pretty much a colorless lookalike of Kris from Pokemon Crystal.)

also a gentle reminder that i'm still open to doing requests although i might not be very fast about it - it's frc season in robotics and i stay late at school now but i still do need things to do.

Thank you very much, it's ok! Your art is good, but I think you have lots of potential to improve. Her right hand looks a bit small in relation to everything else, but I don't see too many issues.

*casually kicks the thread back up because it's on page 3*

Okay, so I'm still not done with the Tamaki drawing (I'm so sorry, Chico! There's a lot going on!), and because of all the stuff going on right now, I'm going to make requests closed for right now. My robotics team only just finished building our robot last Tuesday, and there's still a lot for us to do, and I'm moving on Thursday. So all art in general is kind of on hold right now. I promise though, when the Tamaki drawing is done it will be the first thing to go up. I'm not scrapping that just because requests are closed.

@Hazel - Thanks for your critique. I didn't notice the proportional issue, oops! Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Oh.

Oh. My. God. I am so sorry, guys. I completely forgot about this thread, and was on a DC hiatus for awhile.

Chico- I'm going to redo your drawing and get it up hopefully by next week at latest. I'm so sorry that this has taken so long.

Also, I have a new policy on requests at the moment - as long as they aren't too detail-intensive I will do it, but if it's detail-heavy I may not have the time to do it. I'm sorry, I'm really wrapped up with summer classes, volunteering and therapy. I may not have time for something very intense. So requests are now open again.

I'm so sorry for abandoning the thread. I'll get working for you, Chico!

You're art is fantastic! I'll come up with a request later, but right now, keep at the good work!

Ummm, I kind of have bad news.

My tablet seems to have died. I don't know what's wrong with it, I just know it's not working. I got it to work for a split second, and then it powered off and won't turn on again.

I don't know whether it's the cord or the tablet itself that's damaged, but either way, digital art has to be on hold for now. I might post some sketchbook doodles, but requests have to be paused for now.

I'm so sorry... I'm really not having good luck with this thing.

Ummm, I kind of have bad news.

My tablet seems to have died. I don't know what's wrong with it, I just know it's not working. I got it to work for a split second, and then it powered off and won't turn on again.

I don't know whether it's the cord or the tablet itself that's damaged, but either way, digital art has to be on hold for now. I might post some sketchbook doodles, but requests have to be paused for now.

I'm so sorry... I'm really not having good luck with this thing.

Did you try reinstalling or updating the software?

Did you try reinstalling or updating the software?

It's not a software issue, I've already checked that. I think that either the cord or the tablet got damaged in some way, considering I pretty much have to force in the plug to the tablet...

Aw man, that sucks xP

You can always try cleaning your connections with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab. Might help if it's having a problem making a connection.

Edited by dragonwinxzodiac

Aw man, that sucks xP

You can always try cleaning your connections with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab. Might help if it's having a problem making a connection.

Not gonna help. The tablet itself has died. I tested with a new cord and it's still not activating.

Not gonna help. The tablet itself has died. I tested with a new cord and it's still not activating.

By any chance are you talking about the bamboo 6 inch diagonal tablet?

By any chance are you talking about the bamboo 6 inch diagonal tablet?

It's a Bamboo Create, and I need to get a new tablet. Apparently the Create is no longer being made.