Ayesthine

Ayes needs to practice

user posted image

what is this? who knows!

(click image for full size or don't I mean it's your choice)

It's a person giving neck scratches to a dragon. smile.gif

Its an antelope eating the tree bark off of a squirrel, obviously.

[best background color btw, keep it forever ouo b]

Its an antelope eating the tree bark off of a squirrel, obviously.

exact you got it

--

user posted image

progress jogress (jogress progress?)

I meant to have this finished hours ago, but I got distracted.

It was also a real struggle getting the eye to look squinted without the dragon looking as high as a kite, so I gave up and this happened. It is what it is.

I've made so much progress today. It's truly amazing how well I manage my time.

All of my dragon feets turn out lookin like hands, but I guess that's okay. At least they look like something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I could/should mess around with them more, but eh. It's something to work on in the future.

--

In a minute or so I'll try to put together a little art timeline progression thing. It's been something over a year (like a year and a half? I dunno) since I started putting effort into improving my skills, so I thought hey why not embarrass myself and show some old art.

Bruh you put so much more time into your drawings than I could even imagine doing you should feel proud and accomplished I mean like seriously that is amazing

Thanks ;u; although I do have a tendency to put things down and never pick them up again and the longer I take to finish something the probability of that happening increases exponentially

--

Timeline of really great high quality art:

I hit a couple roadblocks when I was putting this together, namely: 1. I don't have a lot of "finished" art 2. my folders are poorly organized so I had to do a lot of hunting around 3. a lot of my old stuff was mysteriously deleted or wasn't scanned and is now lying around on my desk in a drift of paper and 4. I didn't want to upload the really embarrassing stuff

I tried to find things that I hadn't already posted, but it was a struggle. Some of this stuff is really arbitrary or irrelevant, as well. Oh well ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

9/21/13:

Babby's First Lineart

The actual art isn't mine, but since this is the first time I ever used an art program I thought I would put it here. This is a panel from an

a friend made that I lined/colored digitally per their request

(The white specks aren't my fault, if you can believe that. Gimp screwed it up because it is a jerk.)

Around this time I figured out that legs have three bits to them, and that they have knees that aren't, in fact, backwards. I hadn't known that before, somehow. I was embarrassed about my ignorance for a long time afterwards.

1/9/14:

??? Alligator fish thing?

Another friend asked for sketching help for their DR thread. This marks maybe the third time I sketched for someone else? Something like that? In any case I feel bad because this is awful and I will never have a chance to apologize to them because they disappeared

I have 1 or 2 older things, but they're about the same level of awful and I can only handle so much embarrassment. Some of them are hanging around the forums if you feel like digging them up (please don't they are bad)

1/16/14:

First (?) request

At this point I was painfully aware that I sucked, and I wanted to improve. I did this by starting up an art thread around here somewhere. You can look for it if you want. Or don't, I'm a person on the internet not a cop.

I think this was my first request. It was also one of the first times I tried to line and color something digitally. I wasn't proud of it at the time, but now it's sortof endearing.

2/21/13:

Radiant Angel fanart

Black background thanks to Gimp. It liked to mess with me.

If this isn't my first bit of DC fanart, it's at least one of the earliest. I did this not very long after the Valentine's release, but I never uploaded it because I didn't like it. It is what it is.

2/22/14: (either that or 1/13/14, my computer is confused on this point)

Another request

First time drawing horse things since middle school.

I found the crosshatching tool in Gimp, which was a Big Deal for some reason. Also experimented with the ink brush. It's lumpy and I knew it was lumpy, but I was drawing with a mouse so that was as good as it was going to get.

3/23/14:

DA request

Someone on DA asked me to draw something for them and I did. Looking back at it now, it isn't all that bad.

4/6/14:

Misc. dinosaur

I had free time in my art class so I drew a thing. I dunno.

5/1/14

A dragon??? probably

This is from the era where I drew everything with a mouse in Gimp, so the fact that I did this all in one afternoon made it an accomplishment worth noting. (there was some terrible shading done to accompany it but I'm not uploading that because it's really bad)

5/18/14:

Holly dragon

More painstaking digital art, complete with weird proportions. I knew they were weird, but I didn't feel like fixing them. This type of laziness has become a habit.

5/19/14:

Unfinished contest entry

There was a contest on DA for "dragon dogs" or something so I drew this. I wasn't happy with it and didn't feel like expending the effort to finish it, so I gave up. Complete with foul language showing my displeasure.

5/31/14:

Misc. dragon sprite

My first attempt at spriting something from scratch. Probably my second attempt at spriting overall. Done from a colorblocked thing. I don't remember if I ever finished it.

6/8/14:

Old marsh crawler stuff

My first DR done by myself! I was pretty pleased with this. Still done in Gimp with a mouse.

6/9/14

First tablet practice

My first time using a tablet! I wasn't comfortable with it, though, so I used a mouse for a while afterwards instead of taking the time to learn how to use it.

This was halfassed and I knew it, but as per usual I didn't want to fix it.

6/10/14:

Lineless practice

Despite having gotten a tablet the other day, I did this with a mouse.

7/10/14:

Another unfinished contest entry

There was another contest on DA that was themed "magical dragon" and being the jerk that I am I drew a dragon in Madoka's costume. I never finished it. Still done with a mouse.

7/27/14:

Lapin Drake

Done with a mouse. More personal DR things that I never finished.

10/12/14:

Manticore lady

Done for a thing that never happened. At this point in time I was trying to get more comfortable with drawing people. I don't remember if this was still done with a mouse, but it's likely.

10/26/14:

2spook sprite practice

Sprite practice turned strange. I'm still reasonably proud of this, despite its flaws that I saw but never bothered to fix.

10/31/14:

Christmas dragon

A christmas dragon that I toyed around with. I sprited it but never did anything else with it. (sprite version)

11/11/14:

Blue-Banded

I don't know if this was done on 11/11/14 because around this time I transferred all my stuff to another computer. It was somewhere around then, I think.

In all likelihood this was done with a mouse.

Slowly learning things about anatomy

12/6/14:

Random traditional dragon

My sister gave me paper and told me to draw. That's all I remember. I started this thread on that day, I think.

12/13/14:

random horn guy

Done with my tablet! That's the only reason why it shows up here. Also, around this time I acquired SAI.

Somewhere in here I started studying anatomy a lot more in-depth, but I don't have any art from that time period ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably because I didn't do any.

1/13-18/15:

Low-effort pokemon

Done for people on Showdown. They show up in this thread somewhere.

One year between this and that weird alligator thing/my first handful of requests.

2/15/15:

Photoshop

I acquired photoshop. Shows up in this thread.

(Honestly, photoshop has done me a lot of good. Texture brushes and cleaner lineart <3 no more horrible ink brush tool in Gimp or sketchy lines in Sai.)

2/26/15:

That one birdy wyvern

Tablet + giving a censorkip.gif about anatomy + practice. One year between this and that randiant angel thing.

2/28/15:

Misc. purple pygmy

If not the most recent thing I've sprited, very close to it. Didn't finish it because that's what I do.

That night stalker thing

Probably the most "finished" thing I've done digitally. Also the advent of texture brushes.

3/27/15:

That present thing

It's on this page, but I'm putting it here so I can say: one year between this and that DA request.

Earlier today:

that thing

it's in the posts above this but putting it here because it's a milestone.

--

I haven't had a lot of time to practice, but even in the year or so that I've been trying I've improved a whole lot. Due in no small part to you lovely forum people giving me encouragement and critique c': Just finding a safe place to blunder around trying to improve helped me immensely. I can't thank you enough for your kind words/friendship <3 you're all lovely

2014 was a really rough year for me, emotionally and physically, but I learned a lot from it (not just in terms of art). 2015 has already been loads better, even though I'm currently busy as hell. I'm a lot more comfortable with my art/my skill level than I used to be. With any luck I'll continue to improve.

Hggggn, beautiful, Ayes!

It's amazing watching just how much better you've gotten over the years and I'm still amazed by how such a great artist you are. You deserve every ounce of praise you this thread has given you. <3

So much progress in such a short time

you all make me feel so olddddddddddddddddd

I see that these are just DC arts; can I ask how long you've been drawing all together?

unless that was already asked somewhere and I missed it

*hobbles around your thread with a walker and dentures*

Thats like one year hot damn I wish I had that kind of dedication and skill and everything x3

you all make me feel so olddddddddddddddddd

ikr like what have I been doing with my life

Aw dang y'all make me feel too young and inexperienced <33 you're not old

I see that these are just DC arts; can I ask how long you've been drawing all together?

Absolutely!

Like a lot of people, I've been sortof absentmindedly drawing my entire life, but even during middle/high school art classes I never took it seriously or worked to improve. Probably to the frustration of my teachers.

When I rejoined DC (and later DA), I was floored by all the pretty arts and desperately wanted to suck less badly. Fortuitously, my 10th grade art teacher was really supportive (and overall a nice guy) and taught me a lot of important things about art and practicing etc. etc. which worked in conjunction with the forums to encourage me to do the arts.

It's amazing watching just how much better you've gotten over the years and I'm still amazed by how such a great artist you are.

Doktor pls <3 you've done so much to encourage me and help me and I can't thank you enough for that. It's quite probable that I would've given up on art if you hadn't been around.

Thats like one year hot damn I wish I had that kind of dedication and skill and everything x3

PSsshh I'm not dedicated ;; I have folders full of unfinished schoolwork/art that attests to that.

Last Sunday I did whatever this is at 9:00ish at night because I hadn't done anything that day and wanted to feel productive. I've been working on other art stuff, but most it is Top Secret or otherwise unfinished.

*crawls out from under a pile of gemsonas and schoolwork*

please help

BSC crew started making gems, and then fusions

and it hasn't ended

I ain't even mad tho

I would list all the ones I've done art for so you could see how productive I've been in that respect, but it would take ages and also maybe they should be secrets

you can have these, though, even though they're unfinished /tosses into air

user posted image

from a week or so ago, done in honor of a daffodil that got run over (it was the first one that bloomed and it was enormous RIP in peace my friend)

user posted image

from yesterday, because I was in a bad mood

I approve of this post 100% go ayes

I guess we could release the BSC gemsona collection if I change the edit permissions? You've got some fantastic art done there.

Pray for the daffodil ;-;

Damn, that Sugalite tho

user posted image

I'm still not dead

(in case you were worried)

Sorry for disappearing so much. I'm still battling various illnesses and my health is now in a near-permanent state of "not doing very good". I'm not dying, I'm just not in perfect health.

Uh, I haven't done much art lately. I haven't been on my computer for very long periods of time and I lost my sketchpad (not to mention my enthusiasm).

That said, I do have one or two new things

First one is, uh, this thing from two weeks ago. It's kinda graphic? Probably? It's got some guts. I don't find it graphic, but then again I help skin and gut rabbits during butchering so

Second is lizard dudes from Pi's radical species. Mine is Butterscotch/Lemonhead/Mellow Yellow and the navy and white one is Nar's. I was planning to add the others but stuff happened. Lines are also messed up because my computer doesn't like pen pressure anymore I guess.

The last one is a re-redo of Sugilite. The file was corrupted a couple times, so I had to work off the .pngs I had saved. I'll upload it eventually, but PCS5 is being a butt and not launching right now.

you're a real pal, Photoshop

you can also have these pictures of me as a small child, for proof that I am a Real Human and because they've been lying around and I don't know what to do with them

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

also I feel bad for not giving y'all any worthwhile art

Edited by Ayesthine

Last Sunday I did whatever this is at 9:00ish at night because I hadn't done anything that day and wanted to feel productive. I've been working on other art stuff, but most it is Top Secret or otherwise unfinished.

Awww! *Snuggles*

And no worries Ayes, real life can really get in the way sometimes. You just take your time. -^v^- I hope you get better soon!

Honeydew dragon snake baby mmhm <3

Life can sometimes get in the way, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I look forward you all the wonderful things you'll be doing in the future. Keep it up!

Yeee, happy birthday, Ayes!

Your art has improved so much over the years! That dragon is looking fantastic.

WOW! You're only one year older than I am! o: And you know so much more too, encourages me to go read an encyclopedia or something....

Happy birthday, and that picture is still looking good! c:

Happy Birthday, Ayes

One chubby lizard comin right up

user posted image

Thank you all for the birthday wishes <3 they mean a lot

Have some things:

demon

Coryn gave me a vague description of The Fallen from BOI and this is my interpretation of that (not the ingame art, just the words he gave me)

--

Mage, Skwerl, and I are doing a switcharound meme and these are my contributions so far

Ayes sketches

Ayes colors

--

Pi's beautyful Spiderprincess (wip)

--

Stuff for a banner for Esko's lineage project

--

and finally this haiku

★I really need food

but there ins't any food

so dissapointing★

inspired by Mage and her hunger