Myra the Sark

Spontaneous Hoarding

I apologize if there's a thread like this already, but has anyone else ever had the sudden desire to own a bunch of one dragon?

Me, I'm going through a Pillow phase at the moment...

Edited by Myra the Sark

Lately I have been hoarding black teas and horses.

I had a phase of 2nd gen Soulpeace fails, half a year ago.

Then it was PB Stripeds.

My Undine phase was kinda cut short by all those people with their alt attempts ...

These days I'm considering Nhiostrifes, but there aren't a lot to be found blink.gif Maybe I try Cassares again. Or Hellfires - I have loads of horses to mate them with! biggrin.gif

I have the urge a lot of times, specially with some of the new species. But it's rare I actually start to hoard them.

Can't say I have an army of anything, but I do like to pick up certain species more than others, like reds and falconiforms. I also tend to pick up undines, lumina, pink or specke-throath :3

Atm it's Cassares (39) and Reds (94). I just decided to hoard them, and breed PB lineages from the CBs in the horde.

I hoarded whites at one time. Nothing atm, but I might add a lot to my white army in the future...

I had a phase when I collected Luminas. Lineage didn't matter, I just wanted a bunch of them.

Well, let's see. I'm not exactly a hoarder of any breed like many (having 30 and more of one sort), but I do have 14 alt black adults and four frozen hatchlings, then I have 14 vampire families (one adult and one frozen hatchling of each gender), and I have a whole bunch of blunas. Also I have armies of reds and pinks so that I have dragons to incubate and influence, but that's not exactly hoarding. I might start hoarding soulpeaces, though, I have a weakness for those beauties. wub.gif

I might start hoarding soulpeaces, though, I have a weakness for those beauties. wub.gif

How do you feel about EG inbreds?

I suddenly want to hoard Moonstones. And start a PB lineage... It should be great.

I will generally pick up a CB Undine if I see one. I love their male sprite so much. If I could, I would hoard Desipises all year. I guess next Halloween I'll have to look out for some pretty second gens.

This. thisthisthisthisthis.

I get that so much.

One moment it's Undines. Next, it's Luminas. After that, it's Turpentines.

I'm not even sure if I'm sane anymore, at least when it comes to DC. blink.gif

Maybe it's because I love em all? Dunno. xd.png

I also seem to have this obsession with CB uncommon dragons.

Of course, rare CBs are good too. But uncommons are quick and easy to get, but still have value in trades if they're hatchies...

So lol

Edited by DragonxEmpress

Help! I think I might be addicted to Pyrope Pyralspites. I seem to be unable to walk past them in the cave. I read 'This egg feels like polished stone' and all I can think is MINE MINE MINE MINE!

I've recently come back from a looong hiatus, and have by no means collected all the dragons that have been released during my absence. But whenever I try to pick up a new egg, another Pyralspite is waiting for me. They're doing this on purpose, I swear!

I hoard PB EG Blacks, Vines and Undines from the AP. Eventually I might actually *do* something with them. tongue.gif

Hoooo boy. Don't I ever!

There was the time with the Blacks, I still have to resist the urge to grab caveborns when I see them in the cave. I joined when they were hard to find as caveborns, and I still remember my first gift was a 2G PB Black. I left and then came back, by now Blacks weren't as rare. I started collecting them from reflex clicks. It all adds up. I think at last count I had twenty five or so caveborn pairs. I'll do something with them one day.

Dunno when, but prior to having a hoard of Reds and Pinks I decided I was sick of running out of incubates (and by extension, influences). It took me a while, some trading and relenting on my self imposed rule of "no inbred dragons", with the exclusion of Vampires. I've amassed over one hundred of them now, and about fifty pinks. I don't think I've ever run out of incubates since then and influences aren't used unless the egg needs to be influenced.

Currently I'm on a Bleeding Moon hoarding spree (the second instance of this). I can't help it, I see a Bleeding Moon in the AP and I think, wow, that's got a nice lineage or woot caveborn! I blame December 2013 as that's when I started grabbing them (other than the odd one or two), and ultimately wanting 2G holidays with Bleeding Moon parents. I don't know how many I have, but it isn't as many as I plan to have. I'm of half a mind to get 2G Bleeding Moons from every dragon breed possible (with one from a male [other] dragon and one from a female [other] dragon), or at least from the non-holidays/non-rares. It'll be fun!

I'm also on a slightly less intense instance of hoarding Vampires. This spontaneous hoarding comes and goes as it pleases, usually when eggs in the AP are near the five day mark as I have noticed I seem to have more success turning eggs at lower times. Anyway, that's off topic. I don't recall how many hoarding phases I've gone through with Vampires, but I've collected enough to have a small army. Plus with my username, it's expected to have a horde of Vampires. Muahahaha!

Treehuggers! laugh.gif Probably also Mints, for this month. The reason is in my signature, come join the madness!

I want to hoard alt blacks. My hatchies are not alting though. sad.gif

31 ordinary blacks most of them bred blacks. No alts so far. sad.gif

I am actively hoarding Reds though and not just because of their BSA. I'd be hoarding them if they didn't have it. I love them. smile.gif

If I see "This egg is ... warm" when stalking the cave you better hope you've got a better connection 'cause if not... "ITS MINE! My precious..."

Even if it's not Red. I see the word warm and pounce. rolleyes.gif Non reds get AP'd.

Edited by Cireth

I'm thinking about hoarding Moonstones or Spotted Greenwings. I've seen a lot of scrolls that hoard one particular dragon, and I was thinking, why not give it a shot? smile.gif