Neutual Demon

Thael+ND's Spectacular 1x2!

The beast nodded, seemingly relieved.

"WE FEARED... YOUR WRATH.... BUT YOU ARE AS ALWAYS... SO FORGIVING... OUR LORD.." the wraith said, bowing again.

It looked up when Rasul asked about what was buried.

"HOW COULD YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN...? THAT WHICH YOU GAVE YOUR OWN SOUL TO DEFEND... YOUR OWN POWER.... SOMETHING SO CRUCIAL... ARE YOU TESTING US?..." the wraith questioned.

Rasul wanted to pull a face. Ugh, he wasn't forgiving. He was bloodthirsty, he killed people when he so much as thought of them being a threat; hell he killed them himself rather than relying on judicial means. It took too damn long. At least the giant sand behemoth was happy with his choice of words, so he refrained from rolling his eyes or making rude gestures. See? He can be diplomatic when it suited him.

However, mentioning the buried thing seemed to have agitated the being somewhat, who questioned how he could have forgotten something that was so vitally important that this Asmondas character sacrificed himself for. Whatever it was, he did a piss poor job of it if this object of interest was going to be uncovered soon.

"It's not a damn test," he snapped, his patience wearing thin. "I don't remember fricken giving myself up to protect whatever is so damn important that needed such a drastic action to achieve it. Maybe I fell down a flight of stairs and knocked my head of every step on the way down or I'm not really this Asmondas guy and really just some other Ifrit who dragged his sorry ass out of the desert that he lived in for the majority of his life and somehow thought it was a great idea to coup the previous Overlord's ass and become ruler himself- it doesn't matter because nothing you've said to me has connected any dots in my head!" He threw his hands up in the air, a small crackle of magic running up his arms at the gesture, but faded into nothing as soon as they left his flesh. "I don't know what you expect of me, but I'm just going to disappoint you just like I've disappointed everyone else in this Gods damned sandpit because I am a giant ass who didn't even know how to fricken READ before after he took the throne and realized that apparently that was of vital importance when ruling. So instead of dorking around and running in circles, are you going to tell me about this stupid thing that someone decided was a very good idea to stick in a hole in the ground and hope that no one finds it because like that would work or not, because at this point I'm about to say 'screw you' and figure it out on my own even if by the time I do get it through my thick skull whatever was buried is long gone!"

The Wraith laid a finger (since its hand was far too large) on Rasul's shoulder to assure him.

"THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE...." it mentioned, sand billowing around it calmly. "IT WAS THE STONE, THE STONE WHICH WOULD-"

The wraith let out a sudden cry as the sand it was made of began to rip apart. Confused, the Wraith turned.

Far behind it, just barely in sight, the familiar Crow masked individual stared at the group, cocking its head.

"THE THRONE HAS BEEN BETRAYED..... THERE ARE USURPERS...." the Wraith struggled to say, the sand it was made of falling apart. "BE CAREFUL, OUR KING.... BE... CAREFUL..."

The sand fell back to the earth, and the storm subsided. The Crow masked individual waved at the group mockingly before disappearing within the sand.

"*censorkip.gif**." Mellena cursed. Alfred turned to her, shocked.

Getting a sympathetic touch on the shoulder by a monstrous being made of sand and wind was something new for Rasul to put on his list on new experiences, but the weight of said gesture nearly made his knees buckle. For the kindness of the being, it certainly didn't know its own strength and weight of the tons of sand just in its finger alone.

The sand being mentioned of a stone, which sounded all too familiar to the giant chunks of wall both he and Alfred had dug up, but its explanation had been cut short as it let out a screeching cry and began to disintegrate before them. From between the falling sand, Rasul caught sight of what looked like the same bird-faced being from before. The sand being struggled out words of betrayal before it joined the sands once more, its disappearance causing the birdbrain to wave all too sarcastically before it disappeared once more.

Somewhere behind him, Mellena cursed. Rasul would've commented, but his mind was too focused on what the sand being said before it... died?

A sharp growl escaped the Ifrit as he turned on his heel, sand crunching beneath his feet as he slashed the air with his hand, magic crackling between his fingertips as he ripped a portal non-too gently into the atmosphere and marched through it without looking back at the two scaly idiots. There was no way he was going to stand idle when even a mention of a threat to his throne was mentioned. More importantly, he had left Nico there. If there was an enemy within the palace right now, Nico wasn't going to stand idle, which was why he needed to get his ass to there right now before anything serious happened to him.

Alfred and Mellena turned to each other. She sighed, unconcerned.

"He'll rejoin us later. For now, dear, let us proceed on our quest."

"Oh... of course, my love." Alfred replied, still confused from the recent events. The sand had quieted down now to a dull murmur. The barrier was slowly reforming. It was as if... Nothing had ever happened.

The pair began to follow the road, heading to the predetermined destination.

"He knows where we were headed. He'll come back." Mellena reassured.

(( Glad to hear it. :3 If you wanted to join as M'rellia, feel free. I actually wanted to do that in the first place, hence why we've mentioned her several times. ))

(aaaaaaND I won't intrude. It's a 1x1, unless you guys get bored or something, I'll stay out. Deuces.)

(( LYYYCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *body slams*

Fish lady is welcome to join! We can diggy diggy a great big hole and Rasul can bury the fish in it because he's a berk. ))

(GAh, okay, I guess I will, but don't rely on me too much because #college. So what the hell is going on?)

(( Great Wraiths, cultists, ancient stones, a mad king, the wife of that king, Ifrit monarchy, Dragonkin attacks, and hidden conspiracies. Also, people born of another plane of existence entirely called the Carrion. ))

(Reread the old thread, I'm good and updated now!)

The times had been long and weary since M'rellia had decided the surface matters concerned her not, and banned the triplet sisters from the shore. They aged quicker than their mother. now budded young women involved in their watery domain. They had plenty of siblings at their beck and call, but their mother had only seemed to wither as the gap between her triplets grew. M'rellia loved her children, but these girls were much too powerful. Something in their blood made them different, stronger, though they were half mortal. M'rellia had tested them, they were very much bound by the same laws as herself, but yet grew stronger and less under her control than she could have imagined.

Cayla quickly grew closer to her siblings and sealife than M'rellia could ever repair the damage her attitude had caused. She had quietly resumed control of her sisters and all M'rellia's reign aside from the force of nature that was her mother. The tides themselves bent to her whim, to the chagrin of her mother. To have her very element and godly reign imposed upon made her secretly despise Cayla, her very own daughter. Her siblings the mermaids themselves cared more for her, and her sparkling demeanor was much more pleasant to deal with than M'rellia's rage.

Rayla was withdrawn and rarely spotted. It was as if her presence was more like the occasional breeze, more likely to find her in self made kelp gardens adorned with sparkling foliage similar to what she remembered from the shore. This daughter was only found when she pleased, and had picked up worrying habits. She was adorned in markings, scars, and tattoos all in various techniques and cultural meanings. No one was quite sure how she knew of these, though M'rellia credited it to her growing telepathy transcending to the surface.

Fayla was the one who M'rellia had felt betrayed her most, even by her very nature. Fire ran thorough her blood, as if she were not even her own child. She loved weapons, strategy, war. Often she could be found in deep crevices of the oceans, where it was too hot for anyone but M'rellia herself could fetch her. The child's powers had grown with her as she transformed into a beautiful young woman. Molten figures of bone, stone, and sand were often gifts to the ones she considered friends. Fayla was the one M'rellia saw the most of herself in, a tough exterior but a loving interior.

M'rellia now sat on her throne, looking up at the surface. She felt the traitorous tugs at her even now, her own flesh and blood helping to raise up what she had been sacrificing to keep hidden. These girls had the blood of only the second one to charm her, and now one of them risked to raise up the first. The goddess looked to her ancient, but forever young legs scarred where she bet her non human form to be with the immense evil that one of her children now tried to raise. Generations of powerful children had to be sacrificed as they grew too strong, but M'rellia couldn't find it in her heart to kill these triplet girls of the most charming man she had ever met. But one of them planned to kill her. So she did the only other thing she could to stop one of the girls from mutiny. She snapped at a servantess.

"If you see the girls, tell them I went to the surface. Oh, and tell them they are to be married."

(( FISH LADY HAS ARRIVED- ;D

Also very crummy post because I needed to write but my brain's not into it at the moment))

His sudden arrival back at the palace had sent the servants and guards alike scattering, although that may be because he looked like he was about to murder them all. His stay was short, especially since Nico had been in the same room.

"I'm fine, father!" the Marid exclaimed, exasperated as the Ifrit took hold of the shorter Djinn's chin to take a look at his face. "Everything's under control here. I don't know what's got your horns twisted but from the way you're groping at me you probably heard something and over exaggerated it. I'm fine, see?" he gestured his hands towards himself, but not before swatting the Ifrit's hand away. "Now calm down, please."

Rasul stood rigid for several seconds, staring at Nico with an unblinking, hard look. Then the Djinn visibly deflated, his shoulders slumping. "Oh."

Nico rolled his eyes, but patted his father on the shoulder. For a man who always seemed to act like he was in control when things turned crazy, the Ifrit always seemed to lose a few screws in his head when it came to Nico. Not that he ever showed it in front of the servants or the guards, but in the privacy of a room the man was a total worrywart. The first time Nico left the city to travel to a nearby port to do some political works, he had to physically push his father out of the room in order to pack without him breathing down his neck or doing the packing for him.

Nico wondered if Alfred knew of this overbearing mothering side of the Ifrit (although he doubted it since said Ifrit only expressed it only with Nico and he never would mention such a thing to anyone else in order to keep his reputation in check).

"Now go back to Alfred. Really, leaving guests on their own in the desert." Nico shook his head as Rasul rolled his eyes.

"The scaly lizards can take care of themselves just fine," he grumbled, but disappeared the same way he had come, although not in the same explosive mood.

Rasul returned just in time to step alongside the traveling flying lizards as if he had been traveling with them the entire time. "So, where are we going?" he growled, folding his arms over his chest.

M'rellia was different in her children in one way, and that was that she had more powers than all of them combined. Typically Azariella would deliver a message by forming into mist and ribbon so she could clothe her fully solid form upon arrival. M'rellia contained this power as well, but decided just to form her own watery clothing once she arrived. Rasul and Alfred were the most loyal, and their presence the closest. She just simply drifted in with the breeze, landing and reforming in a fabulous condensation process. She simply surveyed the area, acting as if she owned the place. Not like this was her attacker's home she had banned her daughters from for 50 years.

"What's up censorkip.gif*es." She smirked.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Alfred's mouth fell open immediately. Of course, Rasul had reappeared, and that was pleasant...

BUT THERE WAS A NEWCOMER WHO HE APPRECIATED THE MOST.

"M'RELLIA!" Alfred suddenly yelled, rushing to her, pleased, and embracing her without a second thought. "It has been far too long! I worried for your well-being, though I knew that you were strong enough to handle yourself! My, my now the entire group is all here, the last, true remnants of the Age of Myths! This is a sight to behold!"

Of course, Alfred began going into one of his anxiety speeches, excited beyond belief. Rasul. M'rellia. Mellena. All three of them were here around him.

"CARRION, NOW, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, WE CAN DEFEAT YOU!" he yelled in triumph, fist raised.

M'rellia simply looked taken aback. She just let him ramble, and admired the water soaked patches the king had taken on in his excitement. You would think the man would know better, hugging a water goddess. Wasn't his fault she supposed... her wavy brown hair did appear dry.

"I hope to not be a remnant." She just glared, folding her hands behind her back. "I come here to ask a favor, not reconcile. One of my daughters has decided to betray me. They cannot live within my realm any longer. I don't care for weeding out which one is guilty, and the all irk me. So I'm marrying them off. As a favor to their late father, spare their lives and find suitable kings for them to annoy if possible. They are all great forces of nature and would make good weapons if they failed as wives." She shrugged.

"Whichever daughter is seeking to overthrow me by meddling with my enemy needs to know that won't be tolerated. My legend may have been forgotten, but some things need to stay buried." She glared, but then her gaze softened. "Has time yet worn away my story?"

Alfred, for once, was at a loss, his clothes dripping from his embrace.

"Uh." he poked his fingers together. "Four of my sons.. are... not engaged..should you desire-"

"ALFRED." Mellena said, frowning.

"-should they also desire of course!" he said hurriedly. "But as for your story.. I apologize... I cannot... recall."

It was true. For once in his life, Alfred didn't remember a story. And this made him slightly irritated.

"I remember parts, but I don't remember more than that."

M'realia looked appeased. "Then for once the ages are kind." She just dipped her head.

"My story is one of shame and betrayal I would not like to dredge up. No offense to your children, but I am not sure if they would handle the likes of my daughters. They are not mere subservient dragonkin women. You have experience with abnormally powerful, but your wife is... below par with the damage my daughters can cause. These girls need someone who can tame them, make sure they do not wreck havok upon the surface. One of them intends to throw off the balance I have maintained since before your kind reared its head." She just sighed. "Perhaps if they prove themselves or my girls cease their actions upon engagement. Maybe one of them will suit their fancy. Perha-" She tensed and just held still.

"You are involved with this as well?!" She just murmured. She seemed to be listening for something within the cavern. Her face was pale, and for once she looked afraid. "Cease whatever you are meddling in. This is ancient magic, my age magic, and you do not want your hands coated in this kind of blood..."

The magic of the Age of Immortals was definitely one not meant for those of the ages past it. It was created for one purpose - the Age of War, which followed afterward. Hundreds of thousands of spells were lost to time, some useless, some utterly omnipotent. Thankfully, many of the omnipotent ones were never recovered, meaning that that was one less threat to deal with.

But for M'rellia to fear this sort of magic...

"The more you say don't do it, the more I desire to see the truth." Mellena finally said, before Alfred could speak. "And below par? I thought I'd earned more respect than THAT."

She smiled coyly.

"I'm absolutely certain your daughters will find my sons suited to their tastes. They have been trained by me personally. But that's a story for another time. We must find these stones, according to my husband, because spells from the Age of War and the Age of Immortals are depicted upon them, from what I can understand. Allowing those to be in the hands in the enemy is unacceptable."

She placed her hands on her hips, irritated.

"To think that those Carrion are involved, and worse, now you're even afraid too. This is absolutely marvelous. And all I wanted was a nice vacation with my husband." she grimaced.

"Carrion? Is that what you call them in this tongue?" She smirked. "I meant you no ill will, but these girls grow stronger than I, and I was a major player in the Age of War. They are accelerating faster than any of us could suppress, and the only way to stop them is to let their little minds become fascinated in something else. Whichever girl has chosen to betray me has had access to these stones. And access to these Carrion. I suspect whomever is in charge below the waves has had their hand in the leadership above. You want in on that, you'll need to get the guilty one to talk." M'rellia was intent on her standings.

Alfred frowned slightly as realization began to dawn on him.

"Are you.. are you saying the Carrion are working with one of your own daughters? For a mother to make that sort of claim... That's pretty serious."

That's all he could really come up with. He was rubbing his chin now, concerned.

Cayla, Rayla, and Fayla had been very young when Alfred had last seen them. As half-mortals of an immortal Queen of the Sea, they had birthrights Alfred couldn't even begin to imagine. Even the Marid - elementals of the ocean itself - feared M'rellia's domination and aquatic control. Thankfully, her kingdom (which now included her former husband Tybalt's, brought down below the waves in a fit of anger) had appeased her, and it was better for all other races. They had seen M'rellia angry. One story from the Age of War stated that:

"The Queen of the Ocean, filled with wrath against the King of Steel, who had dared to defy her rule and began creating weapons of war, summoned a great wave the likes of which had not been seen before, and caused his entire kingdom to be engulfed in dark water for a thousand years. The King was never seen again, his people and his kingdom drowned beneath the sea of the Queen's wrath. Thus ended the reign of the King of Steel, Vanthos. And from this, all should learn to heed the words of the Queen of the Ocean.

M'rellia."

In fact, when Alfred had first met her (having already translated most of the works of the Age of War) he had been EXTREMELY afraid to even associate with her. Her short-temper was well-known, and the fact that a mortal had won a bet with her had befuddled him to no end. Tybalt had been a sly man but to think that he had bedded such a powerful, omnipotent being of water, one with powers that could bring the very seas to bear..

He had once thought - and the thought had been quickly dismissed - about how their love life had been in the first place, and what she was like during that sort of thing. He then refused to ever consider it again.

Tybalt was indeed a brave man for placing his manhood where he did... That, or.. very.. VERY foolish. Probably both.

"Uh... well,.. if that's the case.." he finally said, trying hard to find the right words.

"Queen M'rellia... How pleasant to see you again."

A familiar voice broke the silence in which Alfred was trying to find the words to speak. From beside him suddenly materialized the Crow-faced man from earlier (well, male as far as Alfred could tell), his face unreadable beneath the cover.

"One of your three daughters has... indeed, turned against you. How well you have done to surmise this... As a mother, it should be almost unthinkable that her very spawn would betray her... But the sin has been done.. But if you think she is the only one who has joined us, then you are more foolish than I previously assumed."

Alfred swung at him, only for his blade to go through the man's form.

"King Alfred Ralden, are you honestly so thick-headed to believe that a weapon forged upon this plane - no matter how divine - could ever touch the ascended flesh of our people?" he turned slightly as he spoke, barely giving the Dragonkin a glance. "We are far beyond body and soul. We are beyond what enemies you have faced thus far. It is a good thing for you that we have yet to decide if we are truly your foes... But that is your choice, I suppose.

And Madame Dragonkin, your spells will not affect me so long as they are bound to this plane, though I admire the speed with which you could form a Blazing Star. That spell has been lost to most of the races of this mortal plane. Congratulations."

He bowed to M'rellia as a sign of sincere respect.

"I apologize that our actions seem to intertwine, Queen of the Ocean. You were one of the only beings who could challenge my people in their prime. In fact, you will be pleased to know that it was partially your actions which made us desire to ascend in the first place, to avoid being slain by your hand. I hope that is to your liking. But, unfortunately, you seem to believe that your daughter wishes you dead. Oh no. It is not that simple."

The sand flipped around him as he spoke, accenting each word.

"A being of the waves shall arise,

and from her actions birth demise.

A being of the sand shall stand too,

and a being of fire born anew.

A being of the scale will appear,

as the time shall draw near.

The stones are the first of the signs,

to show the changing of the times.

The Age of Man will then fall,

unless the heavens hear the call,

of the four who shall take heed,

and save the earth in time of need.

But one sealed long ago,

is their true, unyielding foe.

And his followers, all around,

shall hear his call and follow the sound."

When he finished, he gestured for the sands to quiet.

"You have heard this, yes, Queen of the Ocean? Then you know of the prophecy, and you know that to continue to pursue this folly will only end in needless conflict. The stones are safe, and so is your daughter. Though.. I know not how long she will stand idly by.."

He chuckled lightly before beginning to fade once more into the sands.

"Remember, it is best for all of us... if you just forget about all of this... And go back to your lives before.."

"WAIT YOU-" Alfred yelled, reaching out his hand in a vain attempt to grab the man which he knew would fail. Mellena held him back reluctantly.

"He's gone... Again..." she whispered, frowning. "He's enjoying toying with us. I know it."

"I hate being played with." Alfred grimaced.

Rasul nearly swore when another, but all too familiar being appeared before them. Alfred was more than pleased to see M'rellia, even going in for a hug.

"Great, the Fish Lady's here," he grumbled under his breath as Alfred fawned over the slippery queen. He ignored the remaining rambling, especially when it had something to do with the Fish Lady's children and marrying them off or something. He didn't even need to input his answer to her question, as there was no way M'rellia would let even her traitorous daughter take hand with a Djinn, especially if she had to deal with Rasul. Also, there was no way in the blazing fires that the Ifrit was ever going to let Nico marry anyone even if he was dead. He would become a vengeful ghost and haunt Nico's sorry hide in order to chase away any suitors if it came down to it.

The Ifrit's muscles tensed as he felt a familiar presence arrive just as the bird-face spoke. He gritted his teeth, not liking the dangerous power that he felt come from the masked being even as Alfred swiped at it. Really, he already did that once, what made him think it'd work a second time? Rasul couldn't help but roll his eyes as the dragon idiot's antics.

Bird-brain babbled on some more, weaving a bunch of nonsense together and then warning them not to continue because apparently it knew better than they did on what to do. Maybe it did, but where was the fun in not searching out something dangerous? This was in his territory, after all, Djinn lands, and he wasn't going to let something potentially dangerous just hang around for some pea-size brained humans decided to stick their nose into it.

If anything, the four of them here was more qualified of dealing with whatever danger was around than anyone else on this gods forsaken world.

The bird-face left as soon as Alfred tried arguing with it again. Rasul snorted.

"Flack that bird-brain," he growled. "I'm not going to let some dangerous hocus-pocus threaten my people, especially when humans are possibly the ones who are sticking their dirty fingers into this mess." He began to move again, brushing past the other three. "This issue has begun with the death of those scaly brats, and it's far too serious of an act to just drop everything and ignore it. If these damned stones have anything to do with it, then damn the consequences."

Alfred nodded in agreement, Mellena sharing his motion.

"Well then, there's only one thing for it - continue to the place where the messenger said they were attacked, and find out just what happened. We have already been delayed for long enough."

He pointed to the horizon has he began to walk, full of renewed vigor.

"FORWARD!" he shouted, grinning.

"You never answered if you were accept my favor or not. I intend to let sleeping censorkip.gif***s lie, but my daughters may travel with you in my stead." M'rellia held out her hand and water condensed into a solid mettaloid blob. "Make this alight when you would like my daughters to be received. I will fetch them myself be prepare them for their journey with you. Maybe then you'll live longer, the traitorous one will try to save your skin as well as her own if she is forced to travel with you. And you'll need all the power you can get on this fool's errand." She smirked. "Have fun climbing about in this hellhole."

Alfred turned, accepting the gift with a pleased look on his face.

"An Orb of Calling. How gracious!" he bowed formally. "Thank you very much, Queen of the Ocean. May the tides ever be in your favor."

With that, he opened a bag at his side and placed the Orb in it for safekeeping. He'd be damned if he let it leave his side for a moment. Gifts from the Queen were not to be taken lightly.