Pestilence420

Ouija Boards

Do you know how many times you've walked over a spot on the street where a pedestrian has bled to death?

No, but I made no claim every death leaves something behind. I have stopped in the street and doubled up from pain from death before though, in places where I had never been before, where I was unprepared for it.

There can also be other things your brain/body picks up, but you may not consciously acknowledge. The smell of chlorine or some such cleaning agent, for instance. (Or whatever they use, sometimes probably mixed with the slight smell of various body-excretions; I swear the most definitive thing about any hospital I've been to is the smell, even if the hospital hasn't been working for a few years.)

You're not going to get that in a ghetto house hospital, because they don't have that kind of thing. They can't get a hold of it. Even just bleach can be impossible, depending on the time of year.

Like it was said - blindfold a person and flip the board around (or 90-degree it in either direction) without the person realizing it, and "ghosts" lose the ability to speak.

Considering I've seen people who don't know Hebrew run a "Ouija Board" made out of index cards and a glass, in Hebrew and hold a full conversation with one Hebrew speaker in the room, and the fact that I've seen the "flip the board" trick fail, I'll say that doesn't always work, unequivocally.

I can't really understand why anyone would ever use an ouija board - I don't especially believe in ghosts but it seems common sense not to go inviting them in, just in case.

There's an anime I've seen called Ghost Hunt - ghosts and supernatural powers and sensitive people are undeniably real in their universe but still there are many fakes and some cases that seem solid 'ghosts did it' things turn out to be the work, knowingly or unknowingly, of the living or coincidence. In the canon of Ghost Hunt the vast, vast majority of people cannot contact anything with an ouija board or similar device, and the movement is just because when you put one finger down it will wobble very slightly and with many people that adds up. Anther issue they bring up with ouija board like things is that a lot of the questions asked of ghosts and 'answered' correctly are ones they shouldn't logically know the answer to.

It bothers me when people make a thing of buildings they or others believe to be genuinely haunted - if it's real you're making a spectacle of some poor person's death and if it's fake you're making people panicky for no reason.

I can't really understand why anyone would ever use an ouija board - I don't especially believe in ghosts but it seems common sense not to go inviting them in, just in case.

Out side of trying to communicate with family members, I don't see the point of the Ouiji board. I believe that if you need information from a family member, and they are watching, they will provide that information in a less distressing manner.

As far as I am concerned, if you are trolling for ghosts, you'll get ones that enjoy that sort of thing trolling back.

As far as people's beliefs go. Agree to disagree. If people can believe in a god or omnipotent spirit that I can't see, or sense, then I should be allowed to believe in ghosts that they can't see or sense with the same level of respect that I give them. Anyway, as I see it. Gods and Ghosts likely occupy the same plain of existence anyway.