Misha

Do You Have A Secret DC Guilt Trip?

I know sometimes I do something I feel slightly guilty about on DC. Nothing major of course but I think we all have our moments of why did we do that? Are we selfish? Just throwing out there mine which is picking up from the AP messy lineages (which I hate) and vamp biting them to turn them into something productive (in my mind another vamp is always a good thing as you can see by my amount of them). But someone bred that and might have loved it..been proud of it and I just basically risked its eggie life. It's just a fleeting feeling of guilt but I think we all might have them. i.e. do you hoard a particular dragon that is new? Don't breed something and throw it to the AP that thousands might love? (How about a Holly Dragon?) or maybe you use the earthquake bsa on eggs and lose a lot? Or kill for Zombies/Neglected dragons etc. etc. I'd like to hear your war stories.

I like to hoard Undines and Golden Wyverns if that counts haha. I also like biting unwanted eggs.

Um... *hides* I hoard coppers. And silvers. And golds, but mostly coppers. Like... lots of them.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I felt pretty bad that I killed four eggs for zombies this year. . . and don't have a single zombie to show for it. sad.gif

Edited by Gnora

I freeze nice lineages that are hard to continue ouo;

I don't feel bad when I vamp/ND (I never do that to gifts of course), but I do feel bad when I get a bit pricey with trades (IE: CB Trio --> 15 CB White hatchies, etc). laugh.gif

EDIT: Oh and when I turn down IOUs (rarely ever) mainly because they're a newer member. ;_;

Edited by Saynna

I feel guilty when I make others wait on my trades and I decline their offer. It happens rarely, but it still makes me feel bad. sad.gif

I feel guilty when I make others wait on my trades and I decline their offer. It happens rarely, but it still makes me feel bad. sad.gif

I have that too

I collect gorgeous lineages without the intention of continuing them....

I do that too, but sometimes I just can't continue them

It would be too much work for a lazy person like me XD

I feel guilty when others have to wait for me to pay my IOUs.

Silly, i know, as I cannot make my dragons produce an egg... but I still feel bad, as I like to pay up as quickly as I can.

I hoard CB Tri-Horns and CB GWs... it's lowered their ratios quite a bit... BUT THEY'RE SO PRETTY!

I also usually don't take Vampires from the AP because they usually aren't CB and I almost never take eggs that were checker fails or messy. I made up for that today though. I adopted a Vampire metalfail here.

Freezing 3rd gen+ correctly coloured checker Nebulae, when I happen to get them... laugh.gif

I also used to feel kinda guilty about not naming most of my dragons since people tend to like named ancestors, but I don't anymore. smile.gif

I do a few things I should probably feel guilty about, but don't:

- biting pretty lineages. wub.gif

- freezing caveborn dragons - or, if that would be too decadent (golds, silvers, coppers...), pretty lineages.

- no longer helping out with the Rare Trading Centre even though they could use help. Quitting did not actually improve my mental health. But! I have a psych appointment in two weeks! *hopeful* :3

What I do feel guilty about:

- picking up things that I don't immediately have a mate for. It doesn't matter if I already know how to go about building one, I'll feel kind of sad.

- regifting ultrarare gifts. I do ask before I do anything of the sort, but I still feel guilty. I've got my scroll goal of CB Golds and Silvers and Neglected dragons (for Neggies, I've actually got an extra one; but it has some attributes that I really wanted, just never thought I would get).

- not describing my dragons any more. ._.

- more or less disappearing from The Count Project. It wasn't unannounced, but I still feel kind of bad about it.

I'm an AP snob and I throw pretty lineages back in an effort to find CBs. I also throw back eggs if they're above a certain time. X3

I also throw back eggs if they're above a certain time. X3

I do the same. I just hate to think that a precious egg slot is taken up by a 'blocker breed' or something just generally unwanted by a large part of the DC user base. Or I won't even bother to pick them up. But I feel so bad afterwards because I know chances are no one else will pick it up and I just doomed the poor little eggy.

I like to look at the decedents of the dragons I've bred to see how people have bred them. Raged when they done inbreeding or bred them to an ugly long lineage and applaud when they've used them in something pretty.

I like to look at the decedents of the dragons I've bred to see how people have bred them. Raged when they done inbreeding or bred them to an ugly long lineage and applaud when they've used them in something pretty.

It makes me happy to see my dragons in pretty lineages too. ALSO, I applaud when someone names one of my babies' babies.

Killing dragons to try and get zombies. I know they're just pixels but I still feel bad killing them.

And viewing eggs out of the cave/AP before taking them to see if I want them.

Keeping nice lineages I'll never be able to continue.

Also, asking (or feeling like I'm asking) for too much on trades.