DoggyGuy

Anti View Bomb Oath

I solemly swear that I, Gruff, will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchlings to any hatcheries without the owner's express permission.

I also can't believe people have actually done it.

I solemnly swear that I don't take the oath because you shouldn't need documentation to prove that you have common decency. Nuff sed :3

I solemnly swear never to maliciously view bomb other eggs without the owners express permission (which I will never get xd.png)

Since I've been the target of viewbombing again recently, an idea came to me today. While the rest of us are waiting to see if TJ or the owners of hatcheries can do anything to help us, why not help ourselves? I thought it would be nice if some of us could form a "Dragon Cave Bomb Disposal Unit" of sorts for those of us who don't like the idea of resorting to hiding our scrolls and fogging everything on them, especially when we want to do trades.

Basically, in a thread made separately from this one, you would list your scroll name and any eggs that might need special protection, if applicable, and what hatcheries you most commonly use. Or you could list "always, sometimes, never" for whether or not you use hatcheries at all. Then you could also put up an alert in your sig when you are being viewbombed (I thought of the button for this thread, only with the egg exploding) that also links to the thread. People could then remove your dragons from the hatcheries and save them.

Of course, since there may be times when you want to hatch/grow your babies yourself, it would be a good idea to post when you are currently doing it so no one removes them when you actually want them in the hatcheries, and then inform everyone when you're finished.

What do you guys think? smile.gif

Since I've been the target of viewbombing again recently, an idea came to me today. While the rest of us are waiting to see if TJ or the owners of hatcheries can do anything to help us, why not help ourselves? I thought it would be nice if some of us could form a "Dragon Cave Bomb Disposal Unit" of sorts for those of us who don't like the idea of resorting to hiding our scrolls and fogging everything on them, especially when we want to do trades.

Basically, in a thread made separately from this one, you would list your scroll name and any eggs that might need special protection, if applicable, and what hatcheries you most commonly use. Or you could list "always, sometimes, never" for whether or not you use hatcheries at all. Then you could also put up an alert in your sig when you are being viewbombed (I thought of the button for this thread, only with the egg exploding) that also links to the thread. People could then remove your dragons from the hatcheries and save them.

Of course, since there may be times when you want to hatch/grow your babies yourself, it would be a good idea to post when you are currently doing it so no one removes them when you actually want them in the hatcheries, and then inform everyone when you're finished.

What do you guys think? smile.gif

While it's an interesting idea, it would unfortunately make the posted scroll and eggs or hatchlings into easy targets for these idiots. Fogging when you're not online is still the best protection for these vulnerable babies.

While it's an interesting idea, it would unfortunately make the posted scroll and eggs or hatchlings into easy targets for these idiots. Fogging when you're not online is still the best protection for these vulnerable babies.

This is true, but since viewbombers are going to attack one way or another, wouldn't it be best to band together to help combat them? Fogging is not the be-all, end-all solution, especially if you're trying to trade. I also hate the idea of hiding my entire scroll because I like to show off my dragons and let people know what I have available to breed and what I like to collect. There's no way I can take a screenshot of every single pairing and their lineages.

So no one else here likes this idea?

This is true, but since viewbombers are going to attack one way or another, wouldn't it be best to band together to help combat them? Fogging is not the be-all, end-all solution, especially if you're trying to trade. I also hate the idea of hiding my entire scroll because I like to show off my dragons and let people know what I have available to breed and what I like to collect. There's no way I can take a screenshot of every single pairing and their lineages.

So no one else here likes this idea?

There really isn't any good solution at this point for the problem. I understand that trading is becoming a problem, so an answer must be found in some way.

Maybe your idea would help, if players are extremely diligent and tend carefully to all the babies on a current list. But it does expose these babies to more risk, if the protectors let their guard down at all.

There is another thread for ideas on preventing view bombing, https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=136891, so presenting your idea there might garner more discussion.

Personally, I don't hide my scroll, since I want people to be able to look at my adults and frozens, and I only unfog my babies while actively collecting views.

All right, I'll try there, thanks for the link. I did a search on viewbombing, but I didn't see that thread.

Viewbombing is a horrible thing tbh.Only people with no lives would do it.

I solemnly swear that I, Mayalena16 will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission!

I solemnly swear that I, Earth Gurl will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

Apparently posting here gets you viewbombed. Just warning for people who want to post here.

Real mature, but I highly doubt you'll be able to kill my dragons. I've never had an egg killed from viewbombing. Try me.

Edited by Earth Gurl

I solemnly swear that I, celesteon, will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission (unless they are "accepting help", appear to be a newbie, and have low-time eggs, in which case I may sometimes BUT only sparingly to avoid view-bombing. Like, one or two sites.)

Oh, and I read Earth Gurl's post. Not sure if the scum is still hanging around, but if they are, bring it.

Edited by celesteon

I solemnly swear that I, Dawnbane will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

Edited by Dawnbane

I solemnly swear that I, Bekhamliddell, will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

View bombing is one of the rudest things a user can do, and I hope it ceases to happen in the near-future.

I solemnly swear that I, purplenewt will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

I'm doing this in light of the fact that yesterday someone viewbombed my eggs, killing two and making one very sick. It IS very rude, and I hope the matter gets resolved so you can't post for just anyone but only the ones who gave you permission to do it.

EDIT: Another thought...

I just remembered, a few years ago I played this online game called Travian, and if you wanted someone to help you with your farming and raiding you had to go into Account settings and specifically add their name(s) (you could only have up to two people helping you at one time). There, they could go on your account with their own computer and do whatever they wanted (except change your password or delete your account and stuff). It is a risk you take in trusting them to your account, like they could destroy your farms and let people attack you and stuff if they really wanted to, but at least you GAVE them that permission. Maybe TJ could adopt something like that? I dunno, someone probably already suggested this; but I thought I'd say it anyway. smile.gif

EDIT EDIT: However, after thinking about it, viewbombing is more of the hatchery websites problem, not Dragon Cave itself. If only every one of them required your password to enter your own scroll...

Edited by purplenewt

I solemnly swear that I, _Beloved_ will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

I solemnly swear that I, PixelShark, will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

Heck, even any eggs/hatchlings I have in a one-way trade offer I will go check my clicksites for in order to make sure they are not receiving views. (One click site I use updates a bit later than others.)

I can not understand anyone being so hateful as to view bomb someone's scroll.

I solemnly swear that I, silver_chan, will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

I don't know how this problem seems to be getting worse rather than better. Why do people have to be so mean :/

I solemnly swear that I, Doublelift will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

Personally, I don't like all these "oaths". They feel forced and the stigma if you don't take them is unfair. I do not feel I have to "prove" anything. My rep and record speak for themselves.

And the oaths themselves don't really mean jack. I know tons of not very nice people here in the Cave and forum who post they have "taken the oath" yet turn around and do the very things they say they have taken oaths not to do.

Edited by Riverwillows

As a victim of view bombing, I hope these recent view bombings will decrease because its so painful to watch your own eggs and hatchlings get sick or even die :c

I solemnly swear that I, gad786 will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.

Add me to the list.

I solemnly swear that I, flame249 will never view bomb other players' dragons and I will not add any eggs or hatchling to any hatcheries without the owners' express permission.