redfox

Angels and Demons

"Back in the war I was a lieutenant of squad zero. We were the best at what we did, and that was killing demons. Then one day my squad and I were ordered to take a town, but little did we know it was an ambush. All my squad except for me died that day. When I got home I was praised for killing the demons, and yet no one knew what happened. I wanted to tell the people, but I was sworn to secrecy. It was not just that, it was also seeing other angels kill children and... " said Nero with pain in his words as he stopped

He hated the fact that he was praised, and no one knew what happened to his squad. When he saw the children being slaughtered anger grew in his heart. What he was going to say next pained him the most.

"Sorry, for I have not told anyone this except for the high council of angels. I was tortured by demons, the scars on me are actually those scars from the torture," said Nero grabbing his right side, for he remembers the blades piercing into him.

Nero remembering the jagged edge cutting him, and along with the feeling of a serrated edge. Nero for many years has tried to hide this, but it is a never ending nightmare. Nero did not know what to do, or what to say any more. The memories of the war had now sunk in his mind.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Jackie listened to everything that Nero said in reply to the question that she had asked earlier, frowning sadly in response to his statements once he was done and trying to come up with a verbal reply that she could tell him in order to make him feel better if she could.

"Oh Nero that's terrible but it's over now and now I've also been tortured but by angels so I guess we have something else in common. I was also torutured by angels when I was younger but I don't really remember that time anymore. I still love you, though so all that you told me just now won't change the way I feel about you since that will never change and all that is in the past now even if you still have bad memories about what happened during the war," she said before kissing him softly on the cheek and hoped that he wouldn't feel so down about himself now that she has said all that she did just now.

She then let a few minutes of silence fall between them before asking with her head tilted slightly to the side and with a curious expression on her face, "Shall we head to the mountain safe house now or wait a bit more to do so?"

Nero knew that the words Jackie had said was true, but how was he just to forget his past. Knowing that all those things that he wish he could change. When Nero was thinking about how he can forget, and within this moment it hit him. He needed to forget, so that the future can unravel. Nero looked Jackie smiling at at her.

"You are right Jackie it is in the past, for it is time to think about the future," said Nero back to his old self.

No longer will he try to dwindle on the past, but think about the future and more importantly about Jackie.

"Thank you... Jackie for helping me wake." said Nero, as he pulled Jackie to him and hugged her.

After hugging her then remembered that she asked him a question.

"Yes we can head to the safe house, and before we do. Do you have everything you need?" asked Nero, for he wanted to make sure.

"It is but you don't have to hurry to think about our future since there will be plenty of time for that," Jackie said in reply to his first statement that he had said in reply to what she had said earlier before hearing the rest of what he said and asked.

"You're welcome and yes," she said in reply to his last statement and question. "I just repacked the clothes that I brought with me to stay with you here so that I can do the same at the safe house. I'm ready to go if you are."

Edited by redfox

After listening to Jackie's words he turned to his home, yet this was the home he and his father built together. He hated the fact he had to abandon his home. Nero made a fist with his right hand next to his side, but Nero knew if he did not leave the high ranks will come for him. If the high ranks did come for him, then know knows what might happen to Jackie. Nero shook his head, for he could put these thoughts in his head. Right now, the only thought in Nero's head was getting Jackie to safety.

"Alright Jackie lets go," said Nero still looking at the place he calls home.

Nero turned around and took Jackie's hand.

"Jackie do you want to fly alongside me, or do you want me to carry you?" asked Nero trying to hide the pain in his voice.

Then out of no where a voice a entered his head.

"Do not worry, for when you leave home there is always somewhere you can call home," said the voice.

Nero knew that the voice was from his father, but Nero still could not bare leaving his home.

"I'll fly alongside you although I do enjoy being carried by you," Jackie said in reply to Nero's question after she had nodded in reply to the statement that he had said earlier.

After she said what she did, she made her wings appear again, and then waited for him to lead the way to the safe house that they would be staying in, she hoped, temporarily since she didn't know how to get there and he might.

Nero summoned his wings once he saw Jackie had summoned her's. Nero spread his wings stretching them, so that they were ready for flight. Nero shot himself high in the air, so that he could get look of the surrounding area. Once he was up in the air the feeling of the wind and the feel of flight took away his pain of leaving home. Nero knew the words that his master had told him was true, because deep down Nero knew he will find a home again; however, this time when he finds a home again it will be with Jackie. It will be with one he loves, and that home will be even more special to him.

"Alright Jackie, stay close me," said Nero feeling him again.

Nero flew to the safe house, and making sure that Jackie was always behind him. The safe house was built in the side of the mountain. No one could see it from far away, and it was very well camouflaged. Nero stood at the entrance of the safe house and waited for Jackie to land.

((Natsu is one of my favorite anime characters from Fairy Tail happy.gif))

"Always," Jackie said in reply before she took off after Nero towards the mountain safe house that he had and that they were going to stay in for awhile.

As she flew after him, she hoped that the angels wouldn't easily find them but as they got closer to it she noticed that it wasn't so easily seen from the air and that made her feel better. When he had landed, she landed a few minutes after he did and looked around.

"This is a nice area for a safe house and I like even more that it can't be seen from the sky," she said after she had her attention be on him instead of their new temporary surroundings.

((Lol people say that my personality is Natsu xd.png))

Nero was glad to see Jackie was still behind him when he landed. He was glad to hear that she felt a little better being here. Hopefully, at least, no one will be able to find them here. That was Nero only concern. He knew that no one was following him all the times he came here, but was he really sure. Could the high ranks have followed him here? Nero could bot think about that now, for he needed to get inside and get some rest. His energy had been completely drained from today. He opened the door by placing his hand on it.

"Nero Kein Darius," saying his full name.

The door began slide to the left opening the way inside.

"After you Jackie," said Nero politely.

He needed dot make sure that the door closed, and no was behind them.

"Go in first, for I need to make sure the doors shuts," said Nero humbly.

((really? that's cool all the same happy.gif. I thought Nero's last name was Darius blink.gif))

Jackie watched with interest as she saw the door open at Nero's name after he said it and then walked inside after he gestured for her to.

"Thank you," she said with a smile as she turned her attention to be back to being on him as she waited for what he wanted to do before he joined her in the safe house and so that they could both get some rest.

She felt a bit sore and a bit tired as well, knowing that her being sore had to do with her being shocked earlier by the electricity but she didn't know why she was tired.

The door shut as Nero watched as the door shut, and when it did he dropped to one knee. Exhaustion was starting to take its toll. He leaned against trying to bring himself back up.

"Guess I over did it... a bit," said Nero barely able to move.

Using that much power during the fight and even after that. Letting his rage unleash, so he could save Jackie. Which he was glad about, but he used way too much. After the rescue trying rest, and then knowing he could not. He needed to show Jackie around, but he was incapable of doing so. Nero had to summon what strength he had left, so he could make it to the room where they would sleep. Nero, staying close to the wall began to walk in the direction of the room. To tired to speak and too tired to really do much of anything. Staying close Nero flipped a light switch, for they were in the living room. It looked like the same back at his place, but different furniture. Nero would not make it to the room. He walked up to the couch and fell on it. Falling from arm of the couch to the next. Before he feel asleep he needed to tell Jackie where the room was.

"The... room.. is down the hall... and to the right. If you... need... just," he was unable to finish for Nero feel asleep.

Jackie was a bit concerned with how exhausted Nero looked again but didn't say anything before she was led down the hall of the safe house to the general area to where the room was. When they reached what looked to be a living room and the former fell down on it to lay, she listened to his tired instructions of where it was and she nodded but she knew that he wouldn't see it since he was now asleep.

"Goodnight Nero I love you," she said softly before leaning in and kissing him on the cheek before pulling away again and heading the rest of the way to the room that would be their shared one with her duffel bag.

When she got there, she plopped the bag down on the floor since she would take care of it at another time before going over to the bed and laying down on it. A few minutes after she did that, she was sound asleep.

Nero was sound asleep and began to dream. He was dreaming about a world free from demon and angel conflict. A world that, Nero, could only be dreamed of. Demons and Angels a never hated the burned never ending. He was dreaming of having a home and family with Jackie. He was so happy. Finally able to put his past behind, and move towards a future. A future with someone he loves deep in his heart. Then everything was set a blaze in his dream, and he was unable to to do anything. Hearing the screams of Jackie as she was burned alive.

"NO JACKIE...NNNOOOOO!" screamed Nero in his dream

He then awoke drenched in sweat, and with tears running down his eyes. Nero knew was a dream, but he needed to make sure she was safe. As he was getting he was sore and still tired, but at least he enough energy. He began to run down the hall and into the room, and there he saw her sound asleep. His heart started to calm down and his mind was at ease.

"Oh... oh thank you," said Nero trying to calm down.

He said that low enough to not disrupt her sleep. Seeing her sleeping put him at ease, and he noticed she was not covered. He went into the hallway and got out a blanket out of the closet. After getting the blanket, he went back in the room and covered her with it gently and quietly, for he did not wish to wake her.

"Sleep well," Nero said in her ear, as kissed her cheek.

He then realized he smelled bad. Going over to the left side of the bed, he opened the dresser. In the dresser was clothes, but on top of it was pictures. These pictures were of his master/father and him together, and a picture of his mother. He grabbed the clothes and he needed, and then shut it quietly. Going back to the hallway, he grabbed a towel from the same closet. Then he went in the hallway bathroom to take a shower, for he did not want to use the one in the room. He did not to wake up Jackie. Once he was done, with his shower, sleepiness was settling back in.

"I wonder what her reaction would be if, I went in and slept with her?" Nero asked himself wondering.

He blushed a little bit thinking about it, but he was going to do it. Putting his dirty clothes in the bathroom hamper he left there, and headed to the room where Jackie was sleeping. He got in bed behind Jackie. With his right arm he wrapped it around her holding her tight. After a few minutes he went back to sleep.

((they've slept together before but okay happy.gif))

Jackie was sleeping peacefully when she heard Nero say what he did in her ear after also hearing him come into the room. She had also heard him running down the hallway towards her and had to wonder as she continued to sleep, what he had dreamed about that caused him to do that. She figured that she'd ask him later once they were both awake and still safe but for now, she wanted to sleep. She felt him get onto the bed with her before one of his arms wrapped around her in order to bring her closer to him and she welcomed that. She snuggled a bit closer to him and slept about a war and conflict free time that she couldn't wait for.

((True, but I am coming from the perspective of that she does not know that he is in bed with her))

Nero awoke from his sleep looking at the ceiling, for he was on his back. Then he looked down to see Jackie laying on him, with her head on his chest. Smiling he gently took his hand, and moved away her hair so he could see her face. When he did that he felt at peace.

"Even in these times of chaos, I am glad I can find peace with you...Jackie," said Nero in his mind, as he was watching her sleep.

The only thing that has meaning in his life is Jackie. Never since he has met her everything changed, in his life. Nero always, before meeting Jackie, would waste his days away training and sleeping. Now, he puts his training to the test and has someone in his life.

"I love you," said Nero softly.

Jackie was comfortable with her head resting on Nero's chest and smiled a little bit at the feeling of his hand moving her hair away some.

When she heard what he said softly she said in reply while still asleep, "I love you too."

She was still dreaming peacefully about the conflict-free world that they were working towards and hoped that it would come about in their lifetime and not afterward. She didn't want to wake up just yet but would soon if he wanted her to.

((ah okay I understand that now happy.gif and when would you like that other angel to find them and fight with Nero?))

Nero still on the bed began to think. Was he the only Arch Angel? If there were others, what do they think? Does the council know what he had done, and did they know he was one? All these questions in his head and yet he could not answer them. How could he? Nero sighed at the fact that he had questions, and could not answer them. Looking down he saw Jackie still asleep. He knew that soon he would have to wake her, but he wanted her to sleep. Remembering what that angel did to Jackie still angers him. If it is true that the council had a role to play in that, he will make them pay. Nero calmed himself in knowing that she is still here with him. He needed to calm himself, for he can't allow his rage to get a hold of him again.

"I still wish you were here... father. For I could use your guidance." said Nero in his mind.

Nero did not know where to search, for answers, nor did he know who to ask.

((I do not know yet, still debating that with myself xd.png))

Jackie woke a little while later, her head still resting against Nero's chest but she was awake. She just didnt't want to get up and out of the bed just yet is all. She lifted her head a bit and turned it so that she was looking at him and saw that he was thinking about something but didnlt know what that something was.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked as she rested her chin on her right hand as she propped it up with her right elbow while laying on her side and still being partially under the covers of the bed.

((ah okay happy.gif. let me know when you're done debating with yourself on that smile.gif))

Nero saw that Jackie had awoken.

"I am thinking about all that has happened, and... am I the only archangel," said Nero looking at Jackie.

Nero dare not tell her that he was thinking about what the angel had done to her. He knew it was in the past, but it was his fault she got hurt. It was because of him, for that was who the angel was after. Hiding it was not good either. Telling her was what he had to do.

"Not only that that, but... I feel as if it was my fault you got hurt. He was after me and he used you to get to me. I can't help but think... that it was my fault," said Nero with a hint of sadness in his words.

Nero it was wrong for him to think this, but at the same time how could he not. She got hurt the moment that angel saw him, yet there was nothing he could do.

"Ah and what happened to me was not your fault," Jackie said in reply to both of Nero's statements that he had said in reply to what she had asked him earlier while putting a gentle hand on his shoulder. "That one specific angel of the council might have been after you but the other ones were after me because of just what I am which is frustrating and probably because I am with you when I'm not supposed to be. I don't care about that, though and I can handle pain so that's not a problem and I'll always be by your side no matter what."

After she said all these things, she hoped that he would feel better.

Nero turned to face Jackie. When he turned he placed a gentle hand on her face. He knew now why he felt like he did. It was not because it was his fault, but the fact that he thought he would loss her. Losing two people he cared for already, and then worrying that he might loss her too.

"That is what it was, I was worried about her." Nero said in his mind.

Nero now knew why his rage got worse, and why he said what he said.

"Sorry for saying what I said Jackie. I now know it was not my fault... for I was worried about you. The thought of..." Nero stopped himself dead in his words.

Nero knew he could not be thinking about this. He knew Jackie was strong because she has been tortured, like him, and survived it; however, his heart cares for her more than anything. Seeing her getting hurt, or in pain is something that he does not want to have happen. Already seeing it once was enough for him, but who knows what might happen in the future. Nero collected himself before saying what he wanted to say.

"I just do not want to see you hurt again. When I saw you get electrocuted, I lost it. I gave into my rage. I just... do not want to see you in pain." said Nero bowing his head.

Jackie listened to what Nero said in his revised statements before saying in reply, "Ah I understand now and the next time I go out for firewood I'll have you be with me so that you can protect me. I never want to get hurt again either but any future incidents might still be inevitable and I've been electrocuted before just not with 10,000 volts; the highest that I've been electrocuted at was at 9,000 and that was part of the torture that I endured. When the 10,000 volts went through me, it actually did hurt but I was just bluffing to that jerk general that's now dead thanks to you so he can't hurt me again. I know that I'll be okay if I ever do get hurt again that you'll be with me to protect me so everything will be fine."

Footsteps echoed in the hall of the high council.

"Welcome Archangel Thanod. What do you have to report?" asked the council members.

Thanod bowed to one knee before he stated his report.

"Lieutenant Nero has infiltrated a HQ and destroyed it, and not only that he is now an Archangel," said Thanod waiting to hear what the council has to say.

"So our beloved lieutenant did this why?" asked the council.

Thanod could not wait to see the faces of the council.

"He did so for a demon, and apparently he loves her," said the Thanod as he looked up to see the councils' faces.

The councils' faces were in shock. They could not believe that Nero would do such a dreadful thing.

"Are you sure of this?" asked the council with no hesitation.

Thanod looked at them and nodded.

"He also killed general Coloss, but Coloss was proclaiming to be an Archangel. So he got what he deserved," said Thanod in anger.

There were only several Archangels left. They each represented the six elements fire, earth, water, wind, light and darkness. These six Archangels were the best of the best, and were in their own. They together are the will and justice of the high council, but the Archangels do not like the high council. They believe this high council is corrupted.

"Very well, find Nero and bring him to us Thanod," said the council.

Thanod nodded back at the council as he stood and left.

"Nero when I meet you. I hope you show me that you really are an Archangel." said Thanod in his mind.

Nero knew she was right, and the words she had spoken calmed him. Bringing his head back up to meet her eyes.

"Yes everything will be fine. And yeah no firewood gathering alone," said Nero chuckling a bit.

He removed his hand from or face, so could sit up on the bed against the bed head board.

"And true that general was a bit of a jerk," said Nero still looking at Jackie.

Not knowing what the future might hold scary, but as long as he had Jackie it won't be. Nero smiled for he again was back to his old self.

"So, anything you want for breakfast?" asked Nero wondering is she was hungry.

"Okay," Jackie said in reply before also moving to where she was sitting up but she wasn't leaning against the headboard; she was sitting in Indian style sideways of the pillow but still facing him. "He was and maybe some eggs and chocolate chip pancakes?" she said in reply to what he said about the general and then the last thing she asked was in reply to his question about what she wanted for breakfast.

She would have said cereal but she was in the mood for actual breakfast of eggs and pancakes this time and she loved chocolate so that's why she suggested the pancakes be chocolate chip.