redfox

Angels and Demons

Jackie heard what the stranger said and sighed sadly, wishing that she hadn't screamed now and also that she could take it back but also knowing that she couldn't at the same time. She hoped that she hadn't gotten Nero seriously hurt just before a burned corpse was flown through the walls and landed in front of her and Nero followed after it. "Guess he didn't completely stop you, you ------- and you deserved that," she told the corpse with a glare before having her attention go to her love and seeing his pure red eyes and blood wings. "I'm fine love and I'd feel much better if I were free from these chains and back at home," she said as she was not at all afraid of his new look right now. She had been surprised, though at all the rage that he had, had earlier and was glad that she hadn't gotten that far in her own rage and grief after she had first lost her parents.

Edited by redfox

Nero began slowly walking over towards Jackie, for he did not how she would react all that has transpired. He broke the cuffs from the chains, and now she was free. His inner rage was still roaring inside of as a wild fire. Nero heard footsteps coming from behind him. He leashed his flames and began to turn around, once he had turned around he grabbed the neck of the angel.

"Give one good reason why I should not kill you?" asked Nero still enraged.

The angel was to scared to speak, let alone even try to break free.

"Please lieutenant... stop?" asked the angel out of fear.

Nero was out lost in his rage, and was about to kill the angel.

"Thanks dear," Jackie said after Nero had freed her from the cuffs and the chains holding her to the wall before she walked over to be closer to him and that was when she noticed that there was something odd about him. Her assumptions ended up being right when another angel came by and the former grabbed the latter's neck. "Nero please no more since I'm free and fine and basically unharmed," she said as she placed one of her hands against his arm in order to calm him down a bit.

Nero's flames and wings instantly vanished when Jackie touched him. He let go of the angel that was in his grasp, and finally Nero eyes returned to normal. Looking around Nero saw all that he had done to the facility.

"What have I done?" asked Nero in his mind.

It was not just seeing the rubble and broken glass that shocked him, but it was the burnt corpse and ashes. He knew that his rage had unleashed, just as was back when he killed his father. Nero dropped to his knees staring at his hands.

"Just what am I... a monster or," Nero stopped himself from saying anymore.

This was second time Nero had to see the aftermath of his destruction, but this time was the worse.

Jackie grew concerned when she watched as Nero fell to his knees and stared at his hands, hearing what he did as he did that. "You're not a monster but someone who loves and is protective of me if I get kidnapped or harmed as well as someone who is there when I need you," she said to his trailed off statement with a gentle hand on his shoulder. "We can talk more about this when we get home and warm with a fire going in the fireplace."

Nero nodded to Jackie's words and look at the hand that was on his shoulder. He began to think, back to when his mother was murdered in front of him. Watching as she saved him as he he could do nothing, but this time he was bale to do something.

"At least I did not lose Jackie," said Nero is his mind.

Nero picked up Jackie and quickly flew out of the facility, for Nero sense the power of another Archangel near. He flew about 100 yards away from the facility, and into the forest. All the energy that Nero o had was now used up, for he was now tired and exhausted. Still holding Jackie in his arms Nero knew could not stop, but he could help it.

"Jackie... I have no energy left... and another Archangel is close us," said Nero with heavily breathing.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Jackie wrapped her arms around Nero's neck after he picked her up and flew out of the facility with her in his arms. When they landed in the forest about 100 yards away or so from the facility and she heard what the former said saying in reply as she put one of her hands on one of his cheeks, "We can just stay here until you get your energy back and then we can go back to the hut. I can also cloak us if needed in shadows so that we can be hidden from him/her whenever it catches up to us."

((it's okay happy.gif and okie dokie smile.gif. for some odd reason I didn't get a notification about your post this morning dry.gif))

Edited by redfox

Thoughts of protection and survival was racing through his mind. What is he to do? And what can he do? But the main question was how can he get Jackie to safety? Nero stood still and tried to calm his mind.

"So where did Lieutenant Nero go?" asked a deep voice.

The voice was talking to the angel that Nero grabbed by the throat.

"I have no idea...sir. You must another arch angel?" replied and asked the angel.

The archangel grinned at the angel.

"Yes I am," answered the archangel.

The archangel starred at the angel, for a moment, then spoke these words.

"All i have left is this, does Nero love this demon?" asked the archangel.

The angel tried to remember anything that had happened.

"I did hear her say the word"Love." But she used it as a name." stated the angel.

The archangel smiled and left heading off to who knows where.

"I can feel his presence, but it would not be worth it. He his is weak and I want to kill him at full power." said the archangel in his mind.

Nero felt the presence of archangel vanish. Nero dropped to his knees with Jackie still in his arms.

"The archangel is gone, so yes we can... stay here a bit," said Nero trying to stay calm and focused.

Now all he had to do was regain his strength, and make sure they are safe.

Jackie nodded before resting her head on his shoulder as they rested in the place where they chose to be for a little bit so that Nero could regain his strength. "I'm worried Nero," she said a few minutes later into the silence that she had let fall between them as she had gotten comfortable. "What if this other Archangel intends to kill you once you get back to full strength? I don't want you to die, not when I only got to know you in the short time-span that we've known each other. It could be a trap." All these things she asked and said after her first statement were said and asked in her worriment and was the truth. She really didn't want him to die when they've only known each other for such a short time. "I love you." This last short statement that she said was said as she lifted her head off of his shoulder to look into his eyes.

Edited by redfox

Nero pondered on Jackie's words.

"What if there is one?"asked Nero to himself.

Nero still holding Jackie lost himself in his thought.

"What do I now? What if Jackie is right?" asked Nero again.

Nero was weak at the moment, and could defend them. He also knew going back to his house now was not a good idea. At that moment Nero remembered that he needed his swords. What was he to do now?

"So my son you finally seen the full power of your rage, and now you do not know what to do. Remember this then when the moon shines, so shall the dawn." said his father.

Nero pondered on what he meant by that. Was this just the beginning, or was there something else.

"That was fun lets do that again," said Nero's inner rage.

"No," answered Nero starring at he his rage.

"Well fine, but now you know we are one in the same," said his rage.

Nero could not argue that point, for it was indeed Nero who used his rage.

"Then lets make a deal then. I will call on you when I need, but if you harm Jackie," said Nero as he was interrupted.

"Hey.. like I said we are one in the same. If you love her, then so do I. Remember I am the rage side of you after all," said his rage as he vanished.

Nero chuckled a bit when he said that.

"Now that is done, my son. Remember who are and why you live," said his father as he vanished into darkness.

"He right just who am I?" Nero asked himself.

"You are Nero the Archangel of Fire, and you most show that demons and angels can live in peace. For you and Jackie are living proof of that, and that is why you live for, Jackie," said Nero's mind.

Nero made fists with both his hands.

"That is right, I live for Jackie and to show the angels. I am also an Archangel." said Nero in his mind as flames surrounded him in his mind.

Nero finally looked into Jackie's eyes, after losing himself in thought.

"Do not worry Jackie, for I will not die easily. For I have something to live for," said Nero as he took his right hand and placed on her cheek.

"And that is you," said Nero lovingly, as he stared in her eyes.

Jackie looked at Nero when he seemed to be lost in thought before looking around their surroundings to make sure that they were okay and weren't going to get attacked in the next few minutes or so. She then looked back over at Nero when she heard him say something and felt one of his hands on one of her cheeks. "I'm glad and do you want me to go elsewhere during the fight later, if there'll be one, so you won't get distracted with worry for me?" she said and asked in reply to everything that he said with a smile and a curious expression on her face.

Edited by redfox

Nero smiled at what Jackie had said. He could tell that she was indeed curious.

"Do not leave my side, unless I say to during a fight. When I tell you to leave, find somewhere and stay low. For no matter what I will always worry because I love you," said Nero then kissed her.

"No matter what I will protect her, even if it takes my life," Nero said in his mind.

Nero's rage felt he desire to protect her, for his rage could now grow even stronger if she was harmed. After he kissed Jackie put his forehead against her own.

"Whatever happens from here on, we do it together," said Nero looking in her eyes.

"Okay and I love you too," Jackie said in reply to Nero's first few statements before kissing him back on the lips. She re-wrapped her arms around his neck while still being in his arms and then looked back into his eyes as he rested his forehead against hers. "I agree and you're a great kisser," she said in reply to his last statement with a smile on her face.

Nero bushed when he heard her say he was a good kisser. He did not know what to say in answer to that.

"Well... ahh... thank you," said Nero shyly in answer.

Now his mind turned to getting his swords and headed somewhere to lay low, but it was not just that he wanted to make sure she was safe as well.Nero could feel the wind blowing against him,and hear the wind rustling the leaves, for his senses had gotten sharper. Within this moment, Nero, realized that some of his strength had returned, but was it enough to do all he needed to do before the sunset.

"Jackie I feel some of my strength has returned. So first we need to go home, and get all we can. Then after that we need somewhere to lay low, especially from the angels." Nero said worried.

He was worried that she would be put in danger if he went back home, but there was no other way. He needed to get he swords asap, and any other supplies that they might need. Only few knew where he lived, but it would not be long till they went there. Whatever happens now needs to happen fast, for who knows what could be waiting for them, and will that Archangel be there as well. Nero all of this as stood up on both feet.

"Hold on tight to me Jackie, this is going to fast," stated Nero, as he summoned his archangel wings.

"You're welcome and that's good and maybe we can head to the mountains and possibly a cave around there to go to," Jackie said in reply to Nero's first few statements before hearing what he said last. "Of course," she said just as she tightened the grip of her arms around his neck but made sure that it wasn't too tight that it was going to hurt him later as he was flying with her in them. Where she had suggested they go probably wasn't going to be a very good place but probably one where they could stay temporarily until other angels weren't going to be after them.

When Nero heard her say "cave" he the remembered where they could go. Along time ago Nero and his master built a safe house in the side of the mountain, for he ans his master used that safe house to talk with demons or angels.

"I know a perfect place where we could go. A safe house in the mountains. Thank you Jackie for the suggestion, for it was you who made me remember." said Nero as he took flight with all speed.

Nero headed in the direction of his home, but Nero was not flying high. He did not want to attract any attention if there were angels in the sky, so he stayed under the treeline dodging numerous trees. His gripped on Jackie tightened a bit, as he was doing sharp turns and flying upside down to branches. After flying twenty minutes they finally reached the house. He stopped immediately in his training area, and put down Jackie,

"Hurry and grab all that you need," stated Nero with haste in his words.

Nero went inside with Jackie and saw his swords by the couch. Going over to the couch Nero put away his wings so he could regain energy. When he reached the couch he picked up his swords and strapped them to his back. Nero walked around his home for a bit, since this will be the last time he sees it for awhile. When he was walking around he made it to his room, and then he remembered something his mother had given him. He rushed over to his dresser, opened the door, and pulled a small necklace box. In that box was a emerald pendant and around the emerald was

sterling silver with a silver chain. Nero closed the box and held it close to his heart.

That pendant was given to him the night before his mother died.

"I will always remember you," said Nero as he shed a tear.

"You're welcome and I'm glad that I could help," Jackie said in reply with a happy smile before Nero took off in the woods for their home.

She held on even tighter to him when he flipped them upside down so that he could avoid the branches from the trees in the woods. When they arrived at the house and she was told to grab whatever she would need, she nodded, and then headed inside to get her stuff. She went up to their room, grabbed all her clothes that she had put in a few empty drawers that he hadn't used yet, put them in her duffle bag, and then went back downstairs and outside to see what Nero was doing.

"I'm ready and what's wrong?" she told him and also asked as she saw a tear drop down his cheek from his eye as he held a box with some kind of necklace inside of it. She put a gentle hand on his shoulder to see if she could calm him down a bit.

When felt her soft and gentle hand touch his shoulder. He took his left hand and placed on top of hers. Wind felt cool against Nero's body. Nero's anger, sadness, and love began to swell up inside him, because Nero was tired. He was tired of always having something happen to him. He just found someone that he loves and wants to live his life with. The thoughts of Jackie in his mind began to slowly calm him down. Now he could speak clearly and answer Jackie's question.

"The night before my mother died, she gave this necklace," said Nero handing her the box, so she could look in it.

When he handed her the box Nero turned, so that he could see her face.

"My mother called it the earth's tear. No matter what happens I can never forget that day. I am tired of running, for all I wanted is just to live my life. And live it with you," said Nero as his cheeks started to turn red.

Jackie listened to everything that Nero told her after she felt his hand on top of hers while it was resting on his shoulder, blushing a little bit at the last things that he told her. She took the box from him after a few minutes and looked inside of it to see the pendant that he mentioned that was from his mom.

"It's very beautiful," she said before handing the box back to him after having closed the lid to it once again. "I would like the same thing if only those angels would stop following us so that we won't have to worry anymore. "I hate being chased and wanted dead or alive just because I'm a demon."

After she said the last few statements that she said, she sighed sadly but didn't look away from his face.

Nero had felt the way she felt when he was a little kid. The clan of angels he was in always beat him or made fun of him. That was when he was just a kid, and he killed them later when we was older.

"At least there is one angel that does not care if you are demon, for he loves you for you," said Nero with loving words, as he placed his hand gently on her cheek.

Nero looked at the necklace box that Jackie had given back to him. Within that moment Nero took the necklace out of the box, and placed around Jackie's neck.

"I want you to have this Jackie, for I believe my mother would have wanted to give it to someone I love," said Nero as he kissed her once he put the necklace around her neck.

"I know and I'm both glad and very thankful for that," Jackie said in reply with a smile to what he said first and as she felt his hand on her cheek. She put one of her hands over his before hearing the rest of what he said.

"Thank you and I'll make sure to take very good care of it," she said after the necklace was placed over her neck and before she was kissed. She kissed him back before pulling back shortly afterward and asking curiously, "How long will we be staying at that mountain safe house for?"

Nero blushed over the fact that Jackie liked his mother's necklace. With necklace around her neck Nero thought she even looked more beautiful. Then Nero heard Jackie's question , and did not know how to answer it. How long will we stay? What am I to do now? Nero pondered on these thoughts.

"To you the truth Jackie, I have no clue." answered Nero wishing he did not have to say that.

Nero truly wished he did not have to say that as his answer, but that was all he could say.

"All I know is this, and that is we have to show the demons and angels. That they do not have to be at war with one another, and that angels need to stop trying to always be at war with demons," said Nero hoping that this future could be realized.

Nero did not know what Jackie would say or how she would react, but that was what he was thinking.

"Sorry about that i am just sick and tired of this war. Along with all that have been affected by it, for I have seen things that some angels never want to see again," said Nero as his face turned pale white.

Jackie nodded in understanding when she heard Nero's reply to the question that she had asked earlier before hearing everything else that he said and agreeing with him on his points.

"I agree and feel the same way but why's your face pale?" she said verbally in reply to his other statements as well as asking why his face was white a few minutes later with her head tilted a bit to the side when she noticed that about it.