redfox

Angels and Demons

Nero watched as she took his hand into her own. Never before has someone helped him this much as she has. Nero knew she loved him, but now he really saw it. Nero smiled after she took his hand, and helped up the stairs. As they were making their way up Nero began to remember something. A voice of a woman spoke in his, but this voice was not strange to him. This voice seem to be calm and soothing to him. Then Nero, after thinking a bit, remembered the voice and whose it was, his mother's voice.

"My son, one day you will find someone who you will love. This they will not only tell you, but show you just how much they care and love you. When you find her do not let go, and love her," said his mother holding him in her arms.

His mother walk to his crib, and then laid him gently inside. Then kissed his cheek as she stood over his crib.

"Never forget my son, never forget," said his mother.

Nero came to just as they reach the top of the stairs. He realized right there that he was no longer alone. Now Nero, with in his mind can now walk his unknown path, but he no longer would walk it alone. He looked at Jackie and grasped her hand tighter.

"Thank you, for everything," said Nero,as he now led the way to his room.

He led her to a door at the end of the hallway, and opened it.

"You first, Jackie," said Nero holding the door for her.

((edited my earlier post that had Jackie get dressed into her pajamas to add a link to what the pajamas look like as well as edited her going back to the den where she left Nero instead of having her go to a room she thought was his))

Jackie followed Nero to a room at the end of the hall that was his and said in reply to both of the statements that he said, "You're welcome and thanks." She then walked into the room once the door was opened for her to do just that and then sat on the bed Indian-style before yawning a little. She was tired but she didn't want to drop off before he got out of the shower since she wanted to wait for him so that they could go to sleep together. She also wasn't sure if she'd make it to that point or not since her eyes were starting to droop even though she fought them doing that.

Soon as Jackie in the room entered the room Nero headed for his dresser and opened it. He pulled out a pair of boxers and a pair of pajama bottoms. He closed that drawer and turned to see Jackie sitting on his bed. Nero smiled when he turned to see Jackie, and then began to walk toward the bed. Once he reached the bed he leaned over and kissed her.

"I will be out soon," said Nero, as he headed for the bathroom.

When got inside the bathroom he looked in the mirror, seeing his reflection, then summoned fire in his hand. Nero did this to see whether, or not the poison effect his abilities. Luckily for him the poison did not effect his flames. He walked to the shower and turned it on. He shut the door to the bathroom, so he could take off his clothes. Once he took them off and got in the shower, and felt the warm soothing water run down his body. Then cleaned himself with the soap and shampoo in the shower. While in the shower he began to think about this mother and his master.

"I wish they were here, to see Jackie. I have lost people I love, I will not lost her," said Nero, as he placed his hands the the wall.

With hands on the the wall he let the water run down his head.

"I cannot let anything happen to her,I will not lose lose someone I love again," said Nero as he turned off the water.

He grabbed a towel off the sink next to the shower. He dried himself off, and put on his clothes. He took his old clothes and put them in a laundry hamper. Nero opened the door with the towel hanging around his shoulders and saw Jackie getting sleepy. He threw the towel on the floor and walked to the bed. Once he reached it the bed he sat next to Jackie.

"Hey sleep head... ready for some sleep?" asked Nero lovingly.

Jackie nodded in reply to Nero's question about if she was ready to go to bed before saying tiredly and verbally, "I am. I'm about to nod off." She then got under the covers (assuming the bed's unmade), and fell straight to sleep as soon as her head was touching one of the pillows there.

((should we ts to the day that Nero is fully recovered and Jackie gets captured by a group of angels?))

Edited by redfox

((I will smile.gif))

Jackie woke up a few weeks later, feeling rejuvenated and refreshed before getting up and stretching a bit before going over to the kitchen to get some breakfast. She didn't want to wake up Nero in case he wasn't ready to wake up so she left him alone. She hummed a little bit and happily as she got out a box of cereal as well as a bowl to put the cereal in and then also got the milk out of the fridge.

Edited by redfox

Nero opened his eyes from being asleep, but he felt different. The poison effects had vanished from his system. He looked to the other side of the bed and saw Jackie not next to him. Nero immediately assumed she was getting breakfast, so this was the perfect time, for him to see if he was at full strength. Nero sat up and got out of bed, and to a glass door that led to balcony. He opened the door then stretched his body to loosen himself.

"The time is now, lets see just how strong I am ," said Nero making a fist with his hand.

He jumped off the balcony and landed in the middle of his training yard, just outside his living room. Nero stood up after the landing, and summoned his flames. The flames consumed him like a raging fire ready to explode, yet the flames were not wanting to explode. His flames were wanting him to get stronger, so he could protect what he loved most. Nero's flames were not like regular flames: were the user had to get stronger, but his flames got stronger through his emotion, his passion.

"Let my flames roar, let my flames feel my drive... my passion!" exclaimed Nero as his flames even roared.

After those words, his flames roared as if a dragon was near. Nero was back and was at full strength, but was stronger than what he once was. When he was asleep for a week, and was near death he grew. A part of him that his master had locked away was now, wide awake.

"My son when you are ready, apart of you will awaken. Once it has, you will finally understand that you are not just a normal angel. You are... an Arch Angel," said his father's voice in his head.

Then all of sudden the flames vanished from Nero.

"Thank you father. I do understand," said Nero in his mind, in memory of his father.

On Nero's left arm was a smybol on his left arm, for that showed what he was now.

After Jackie finished eating her breakfast, she went outside and saw Nero in the training area of his yard and wondered what he was doing. "Nero love what are you doing?" she asked him curiously once she was in front of him in the yard. On closer inspection of his left arm, she saw a symbol there and was certain that it hadn't been there before so she wondered if it was new and it just showed up there today. She didn't know what the mark meant but she figured that he'd tell her if she asked or if she didn't.

Edited by redfox

Nero looked to see Jackie standing in front him. He looked into her eyes, and placed his hand on her cheek.

"Seeing if I was better, since the poison. If anything I have gotten stronger," said Nero, with words of love.

Nero then looked at his left arm and saw the mark, for now Nero knew that he was a true Archangel of fire. He knew Jackie had to have seen it, so Nero had to tell her. He was not going to hide it from her.

"This symbol on my left arm, shows other that... that I am an Archangel," said Nero, as he eyes looked away for a moment.

Nero hoped that him now being an archangel, would not change anything.

"When I was near death, I unlocked my inner archangel. My father kept it locked inside me till I was ready," said Nero, hoping.

Jackie listened to everything that Nero said including the part about the Archangel bit and was excited for him and his new ability/status. "I'm happy that you're fully recovered now and that you're also what you are now," she said as she traced the symbol that was on his left arm with one of her fingers. She wondered if he thought that it would change things for them so she added a few minutes later while still tracing the newfound symbol with her finger, "I still feel the same way about you even with your new ability so it won't change anything." After she had said what she did, she looked up into his eyes again and stilled her finger against his skin.

Edited by redfox

Nero felt her finger trace the symbol on his arm. He heard every word she had said to him, and then felt her finger stop. he knew she was waiting for him to say something, but he couldn't. The excitement that her mind did not change made him at feel at ease, and happy. He wrapped his arms around Jackie holding her close to him, but then his wings summoned then wrapped covered around Jackie. He did want to say anything or nor did he need to, for all he wanted to do was show his happiness and love for her.

Jackie wrapped her arms around Nero's neck when he wrapped his arms around her and as his wings covered them. "I love you and always will so it doesn't matter if something about you has changed since it's still you with a new and more powerful ability," she said just before leaning in more and kissing him on the lips.

Nero was completely overjoyed and happy that her mind was still the same. He will always remember the words she told him this day, and strive to protect her no matter what. When Jackie kissed Nero he kissed her back. His flames surrounded him and not her. Nero's flames will not burn Jackie, fir his flames sense his love and will to protect her.

"Jackie... thank you for everything for you have been there for me, but not only that. Thank you for being the one loves for me, and thank you for coming into my life," said Nero, speaking from his heart.

When Nero said that his flames disappeared, as if they vanished in the wind. Nero heart and mind was made up, for he will not let anything happen to her. He knew that she will get hurt at times, but he will not let her die. Nero hugged a little bit tighter, for he wanted her to know that will be there when she needs him.

Jackie listened to everything that Nero said after he pulled away from their kiss and said in reply, "You're welcome and actually you came into mine first but still you're welcome for that as well." A few minutes later she said, "Should we head back inside to make a fire in the fireplace? Since I'm a shadow demon, I'm always cold by nature and would like to stay warm in some way. You yourself is warm and that helps but once I leave your arms, I become cold again so a flame in a fireplace will help. I can collect firewood after I get dressed into clothes that I can wear for the rest of the day. I would love to stay in my pajamas all day but that won't help me keep warm." After she said all that she did, she reluctantly pulled away from him and started to head back to the cottage and started to shiver slightly because the outside air was a bit cold and she was wearing a camisole-like pajama top which wasn't a very good thing to wear in cold weather.

Nero chuckled a bit when Jackie said he came into her life first, for she was right after all. He saved her from angels, and so he did. He heard what Jackie had said about starting a fire, and knew she was right. Nero could not always be there to keep her warm, even though he wanted to, so nodded his head in agreement. Watching as Jackie left to go change her clothes Nero began to think to himself.

"I will keep her warm... every chance I get, for one day I will keep her warm. My love for her is what gives me strength, and will always keep me going," Nero said as he made a fist.

Nero then began to think what would happen if angels took her from him, he said these words in his mind.

'If any angel so much as do any harm to her, I will burn them to ashes. They know, not to touch er ever again," said Nero as his hair fell over his eyes.

When his hair fell over his eyes his flames summoned again, but his time they were pure red not mixture of beautiful oranges, yellows and reds. His flames even let out a roaring noise as he thought about this.

Edited by HellFireSouLess

Jackie went over to where she had left her duffel bag in Nero's room once she had gotten up there after getting back in the house. She got out a small simple black dress out of the bag and got dressed in it after undressing out of her pajamas in the bathroom. Once she had done that and she had brushed her hair so that it was no longer messy-looking and then went back downstairs to head back outside and to gather the wood that she had told Nero that she would do but on the way to the trees beyond his hut she saw that he was getting a little emotional. "Is everything okay?" she asked as she put a gentle hand softly on one of his arms not at all concerned about the flames burning her because she figured that they wouldn't.

Edited by redfox

As Nero was thinking about the angels taking her. Then he felt a sudden soothing feeling, his flames vanished, and then he looked to see Jackie's hand on his right arm. Gently, Nero place he his hand on top of Jackie's hand.

"I am fine Jackie I just... lost myself in thought and it get to me," said Nero, for he did not want to say only if she asked.

Nero wanted to go with Jackie to get the firewood, but he needed to clean out the fireplace.

"If you are going to go get firewood please... be careful," said Nero as he turned to her still holding her hand.

Jackie nodded in reply to what Nero said in reply to her question and then said in reply to his last statement, "I am and I will. If I'm not back in about fifteen minutes, though come looking for me." She then kissed him lightly on the lips before heading into the woods to gather some firewood for the fire that they were going to make in the fireplace. She kept one of her hands close to one of her wrist sheaths that held her daggers as she looked for what she thought was the best firewood for the best fire and picked up a few pieces of wood before she was approached by a group of four angels. She dropped the wood to fight them but wasn't fast enough and they ended up taking her after she let out a small scream and they had knocked her out, taking her to their headquarters afterward.

Nero walked inside when Jackie left to go get the firewood. When he got inside his home he went to the fireplace. Once he reach the fireplace he bent over, and saw that there was not that much of ashes inside. All he could do now was start the fire, but he needed to wait till Jackie got back, so he knew when he needed to start it. After a bit Nero heard something, for he could not really tell what it was. Then something in mind told him that it might be Jackie. Nero immediately ran in the direction of where Jackie went to go gather the firewood.

"Please be alright Jackie... please," said Nero as he looking around that area.

As he was looking around the area he eventually found the wood pile. Nero's eyes widen as he gazed upon the wood pile.

"No... Jackie... Jackie!" yelled Nero in worry.

Nero, still standing, began to investigate the surroundings. When looking he saw tracks that led in the direction, and now his rage was about to unleash. Without his swords, without anything to show that he was a lieutenant.

"I am going to burn them straight to hell. I do not care... time the angels knew. knew what I am," said Nero in his mind.

He summoned his flames and summoned his wings of flames. His wings were now pure fire with a color of blood red, the flames that surrounded him were also blood red, and so was his eyes. Nero was not Nero anymore, for his rage was unleashed. Following the tracks Nero took flight following them, and hoped that he would save her. Nero could not bare to lose her, for he had lost to many already.

Jackie came to in a dungeon like place, hanging on the wall by chains and locks to keep her wrists and ankles in place. She also noticed that part of her dress was torn in the middle to show her stomach and she wondered if it was for them to cut and torture her. She sighed and hoped that Nero would forgive her for not being as careful as she had told him that she would be before a couple of angels walked into her cell with knives in their hands. She braced herself just as they started to ask her questions about what she was doing with Nero and why she was at his cottage. She didn't answer and got cut because of it and also got poisoned a little bit. She didn't scream or anything but she did bow her head a bit but that was because she was focusing her power to form a bowling ball shaped shadow ball. Once she picked her head up again, the ball raised as well and she had it hit both of them in the head enough so as to knock them out but not kill them. She then had it vanish afterward and she hung her head again but because she was feeling a bit drained from after forming that big of a shadow ball. She didn't have enough energy at the moment to make a shadow key in order to get herself out of the locked chains around both her wrists and ankles.

As Nero was following the trail of tacks, but the trail soon grew cold. He stopped in mid air trying to see where they might have gone.

"They took to the sky... damnit. Where would they have gone?!" Nero said in pure rage.

He was trying to figure out where they would have gone, and just who were they? It then hit Nero just who they might be, the council investigators. He had forgotten about them following him, so that would mean they may or may not know about his new power. If they knew they were going to see it at it's full strength, if they did not know will they will know soon enough. He rushed with all his speed to the investigators HQ.

"Hold on Jackie... I am coming," said Nero with determination and his eyes set on his goal.

After 20 minutes of flying he reached the HQ. When he reached it he saw a platoon waiting for him. Nero's flames were not out at this time, and nor was the red in his eyes.

"Who do we have here, identify yourself?" asked the angel platoon leader.

Nero remained silent as the grave, for he was trying to hold his rage back.

"Identify yourself... now!" exclaimed the platoon leader again.

Nero summoned his flames of pure blood red, and his turned as well.

"My name is Nero Darius... get the hell out of my way if you want to live," Nero said with murderous intent.

The platoon leader saluted Nero as did the rest of the platoon.

"Where is Jackie, tell me now... and I may let you live," stated Nero enraged.

The platoon looked directly at Nero and could tell he was not joking around.

"Sir she is a demon..." said the Platoon leader as Nero interrupted.

"I do not care, let me in now. For if I find out she is hurt... I will burn you to ash," said Nero starring directly back at the platoon leader.

The platoon leader began to shake at the knees, and even trembled at the sight of Nero.

"Go in sir, I am sorry," said the platoon leader.

The whole moved aside as Nero walked into the HQ. the platoon felt the intense heat and murderous intent that was coming off of Nero.

"Jackie... if you can hear me I am coming!" yelled Nero as a group of angels rushed him.

He grabbed one angel by the throat and burned him alive, to ash.

"Get out of my way, and you will live," stated Nero

All the other angels stood in awe and fear, as Nero walked by them. One angel tried to attack Nero from behind, but Nero knew that might happen.

"You really think I would not see that coming fool." said Nero as he vanished and was now behind him. He blasted the angel with fire from his hand. That angel went through 3 walls before turning into ash, for Nero's rage was starting consume him.

Jackie was starting to feel happy at being immune to the poison in the angel's weapons but not so much the normal pain of the cuts themselves that she had received from the knives. She had just made a shadow key to unlock the chains so that she could get free when she heard a yell coming from further down the hall that was directed at her. "I'm in here Nero!" she yelled as loudly as she could in order to let him know where she was. After she had done that, she got to work on unlocking the chains although it was a bit difficult to do.

Edited by redfox

Nero heard Jackie's voice, but could not pick up on the direction it came from. Three passage ways was in front of Nero, and in his way of finding Jackie. He dismissed he flames, for he needed to save his strength.

"Damnit... which way?" said Nero as his rage grew even more.

Behind Nero was nothing more than destruction, flames, and ashes of those who stood in his way. The walls were broken or melted, glass broken on the ground, and rubble very where. Nero's rage knows no bounds, for all it seeks is Jackie. Looking at the three passage ways for some time Nero picked the middle one. He knew not what might come from going this way, but all he knew was that he had to save Jackie. As Nero walked down the hallway he began to realize that there were no angels. He did not care, for all thought that this would make things easier, but little did he know that he was in for a surprise. Walking down this narrow hallway, for what seemed like forever, he came to a big room and in the middle was someone.

"So lieutenant, you wish to save this demon. But on top of that you have killed your kin," said the person in a deep voice.

Nero remained silent and stared at the person, with eyes of rage.

"Hmmm... so it seems that you would remain silent on the matter. Fine by me lets see just what little Jackie is up to." said the person as a screen dropped.

Once the screen dropped a recording of Jackie was on the screen.

"Look at her trying to escape all for the sake of you. So Lets play a little game?" asked the person.

"Do anything to her and will kill you where you stand!" exclaimed Nero as he re-summoned his flames.

The person look in amazement at the power Nero hold, and could believe that he held this much power.

"Well it seems I have underestimated you Nero, but where are my manors. My name is General Coloss and I am an archangel," said the General.

Nero smiled for now he did not have to hold back his power.

"Nero Darius and I too am an Archangel... the archangel of fire!" exclaimed Nero unleashing all his power.

"Now that is wonderful, but I am the archangel of ice!" answered the General as his power unleashed.

The room was now in intense cold and heat, for both sides were equally matched. Nero rage was now at its limit, for the memory of his mother came into play,for he had long forgotten that the clan of angels he was from was ice angels.

"I figured you would remember, but you will forget now," said the General as was getting ready to attack Nero.

Nero stood still, but something about Nero was not right.

"Devouring Ice Blizzard Dragon Cannon!" said the General putting his hands forward.

From the Generals hands ice formed around him, and took the shape of a dragon. When the shape was finished it charged at Nero. When he looked at the attack coming at him he did not move, nor did he flinch. Standing his ground Nero took the attack, but stopped it with one arm then crushed the ice with his bare hand.

"Impossible... how did you?" wondered the General.

Nero put his hands together, and began to charge his flames into his own attack.

"Stop or I will make her feel pain," said the General as he pulled out a switch.

"I will send 10,000 volts through her body," said the General hoping he would stop.

Nero ignored what he said and continued to charge his attack. The General pressed the button sending the electricity through her body, for that is what the chains were used for.

Jackie's right wrist was about to be free when a lot of electricity flowed into her body from the chains keeping her captive. She tried not to scream but she couldn't help it when she yelled loudly in some pain. Her body was even lighting up like an x-ray until the chains no longer had electricity flowing into her body. She breathed heavily for a bit after that before yelling as loudly as she could while asking at the person that probably controlled the electricity flow, "You think that this will keep hurting me? I'm a demon so I'm used to pain. I was only yelling in pain for your benefit." She was sort of bluffing but she wasn't going to let that stranger know that.

Nero's attack stopped when he saw the electricity flow through her, but then all of his flames vanished.

"So that got you stop, how amusing. It seems you actually care for her, for the moment you are the only person that can save her," said the general with a big grin.

"And no worry my dear, you screaming is what I wanted. For your boyfriend stopped," said the General

"I warned you what would happen if you harmed her, and now you will die," said Nero as his wings appear in pure blood red fire.

"If you think you are better than me, then face me you coward. Since we are both Archangels after all," Nero said in rage.

"Fine if that is what you wish," said the General as he broke the device.

They charge each other clashed fists of fire and ice. Nero punched the General in the stomach hard. When he did that the General was gasping for air, as blood come from his mouth. The General then froze Nero, and cased him in ice.

"There is no way he is getting out of that," said the General.

Nero summoned his flames once more, but this time his flames had the stench of death. With flames roaring, color of pure blood red, Nero said these words to the General as he broke out of the ice.

"Remember one thing... you unleashed the beast within," said Nero as he charged his flames.

Standing still with both hands at his side, for his was charging his attack. The General was unable to move, for fear had entered him.

"So this is the power of a true Archangel. How does one stop this... this beast?" said aloud the General.

"I hope you are ready General, ready for death?" asked Nero as he put both hands out in front of him.

"Devouring Flames of Death and Destruction of the Archangels!" yelled Nero as the flames roared of his hands.

The General tried to stop his attack, but it was useless his flames were to furious and had the essence of death with them. When the flames hit the general sent through five walls and landed in front of Jackie, for he nothing more than a smoldering corpse.

"Burn in hell General," said Nero as his flames vanished, bot not his wings.

Nero walked through the rubble, and to the corpse of the General. When he reached the corpse he said these words.

"That was for my mother and for Jackie," said Nero with eyes of pure red and with wings of blood fire.

He then turned to see Jackie, and looking at her with his eyes.