ColbyWolf

Dragon Completionist Spreadsheet (Incomplete!)

Howdy smile.gif

So in the months I've been playing, I've been wanting a spreadsheet to document my collection and help make things easier for me to remember what I need or don't need. For completionism's sake. smile.gif

I couldn't find one... at least not one updated in the last three years. tongue.gif

Sooo... made one myself! and I may as well share the love smile.gif

That said... I'd love some feed back!

My main goal is for the 'first stage' dragon collector. The one who is aiming for one of every graphic, or a boy and a girl of every breed, etc. Not so much for the one who's trying to make pretty lineages or something.

This is obviously incomplete. smile.gif

let me know if anything is anything is unclear, if I"m missing space for information, or could be improved in any way.

Um... anyway, yeah. Have a look, tell me what you think. and so forth. smile.gif

Here is the link: Right here!

It's Dimorphism, not Diamorphism wink.gif

I think putting the text and notes after the actual checklist would greatly improve the readability of the whole thing.

Also, you might want to make the background for the checklist slightly lighter to make it clearer. Just a thought happy.gif

It's Dimorphism, not Diamorphism wink.gif

I think putting the text and notes after the actual checklist would greatly improve the readability of the whole thing.

Also, you might want to make the background for the checklist slightly lighter to make it clearer. Just a thought happy.gif

THANK YOU biggrin.gif

So today I learned that spellcheck doesn't work in google docs. Go Google! I was so pleased with myself too, ahhahaha.. Oh well, no big deal, already fixed! thank you biggrin.gif

I've swapped the checklist around to the beginning and I think you're right about that--it does look better that way smile.gif

as for the color.. that's going to be a tricky one. on MY screen it's perfectly readable, but for others... well.. probably not. I'm going to leave it as it is **for now** while I"m working on it.... but I'll probably adjust the colors for the 'final version'... maybe brown/tan like the actual website?

I swapped the 'two headed' section of the spreadsheet to reflect those colors.... buuut I'm not sure how I feel about it. might be too extreme of a difference between the two. I tried a different set of browns a bit below that that I like better.. hmm.. opinions are welcome smile.gif I just want to avoid straight black on white because that makes my eyes hurt. smile.gif

Also not sure how I feel about separating them (the two headed ones) out... My initial thought was that since they can't breed with singleheaded dragons, that it was a good idea. But then that also means separating out the drakes and the pygmies... which isn't really a problem.. but the goal of this spread sheet isn't really breeding so much as collecting unique images... so maybe I"m getting off scope...

I intend to put the valentines/christmas/halloween dragons in a separate area, though, so I guess in ways I'm already doing separating out some by what/when they can breed/be found...

Hmmm...

I was also thinking about putting a picture of each egg in... but I'm not sure if that would actually be helpful or just clutter things up. Plus, I think that would technically violate the TOS, so that's probably a poor idea. *scratches off list*

I am also playing with ideas on ways to make things more helpful... Maybe changing background colors for things you are 'done with' or some sort of wishlist capabilities, but my spreadsheet powers tend more towards automating data crunching, rather than fancy appearances... Hmm.

We'll see. smile.gif

Edited by ColbyWolf

hokay~ I've added all of the non-holiday dragons, for the moment.

Changed the colors from blues to tans.

Still need to:

* decide about drakes/pygmies/twoheaded dragons. ...I"m thinking they probably should be blended in with all the others.

* add holiday dragons

* figure out any fancy formatting still.

Anyone out there interested in being a "proof reader" for me? Not right now, but in a day or two... Make sure I've got all my words spelled correctly, consistent styling, and that I've got my facts right, and everything is understandable? I could maybe offer to draw something for you, or figure out some other way of saying thanks (off hand, I have lotsa dragons on flight rising, am a decent artist, and I made my avatar, if you're into ponies...)

Thanks!