Sign in to follow this  
keakeakea

Disney World!

Calling all Disney fanatics! Who else LOVES Disney World? I've been there four times and each times was better than the last.

Edited by keakeakea

I've been trying to get down there, but it's ridiculously expensive to go. I don't have nearly enough money to be able to justify it. Maybe when I graduate.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

I've never been to Disney World, but I've been to the Disneyland in Paris and loved it. I hope to be able to go there again one day, now as an adult.

I've made five trips so far. One with my family way back in 1982, just before Epcot opened. Then I went with a boyfriend back in... I think it was 1997 or '98. The next trip was for my honeymoon in 2001. The hubby and I took our kid for her first trip in late 2005.

And since we now live within driving distance (a long drive, but do-able) we did a long weekend just a couple months ago, right before school started. My parents brought my niece down and we all met up there, plus got to see my cousin who is doing some kind of year-long hospitality internship there and is working at one of the restaurants at Hollywood Studios.

I've been there a few times when I was a kid and once when I was 19 with a friend who had never gone before. I remember it was amazing when I was younger, but now that I'm older it doesn't seem quite as exciting as it once was. Plus, I had gotten a huge sunburn on my back at the beach, and just because you're wearing a t-shirt doesn't stop the sunburn from getting worse! sad.gif

I actually think that might make the sunburn worse because it would rub on the burn, if that makes any since. Dont ask how i knew that, I just picked up on what others have told me when Ive gotten hurt or whatever.

Im hoping I can go before the end of my childhood. I think it would be more fun as a kid, but I also want someone my age to go with because my sisters are 8 years and 11 years older than me.

Yes, it did make it worse. But stupid me, I really couldn't pass up on the opportunity when I went to take a trip to Florida with my friend. It was a bittersweet experience for me, but she had fun. laugh.gif Apparently, UV rays can seep through clothing, making the sunburn I had gotten the day before even worse. It was painful and disgusting, but so far that I know, I haven't gotten skin cancer yet. The trip for the Magical Kingdom per adult was about $60 in 2005, dunno how much more expensive it may have gotten. But you should totally try to go, at least once. I myself prefer roller coasters though. Cedar Point is only about three hours away from where I live. tongue.gif

Cedar Point? I've only been on one roller coaster in my life and that was at Waterville. I don't even know if you know what that is. Its an adventure/ waterpark in south Alabama.

Here is a picture of what waterville itself if: http://www.asunvacations.com/uploads/3/4/4...707/5868657.jpg

This isthe roller coaster: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q...sGpA9J36oaY6LGO

Edited by Spottedleaf

Yes, it did make it worse. But stupid me, I really couldn't pass up on the opportunity when I went to take a trip to Florida with my friend. It was a bittersweet experience for me, but she had fun. laugh.gif Apparently, UV rays can seep through clothing, making the sunburn I had gotten the day before even worse. It was painful and disgusting, but so far that I know, I haven't gotten skin cancer yet. The trip for the Magical Kingdom per adult was about $60 in 2005, dunno how much more expensive it may have gotten. But you should totally try to go, at least once. I myself prefer roller coasters though. Cedar Point is only about three hours away from where I live. tongue.gif

If you live in Florida, perhaps. The cost of the tickets themselves aren't what make a trip prohibitively expensive for many people. You have to get out there first, have a place to stay, food to eat, and if you're making that trip at all you're probably going to stay at the park for a few days, which adds onto the ticket prices (and they are more than that now, anyway). Particularly if you want something like Park Hopper.

Cedar Point? I've only been on one roller coaster in my life and that was at Waterville. I don't even know if you know what that is. Its an adventure/ waterpark in south Alabama.

Here is a picture of what waterville itself if: http://www.asunvacations.com/uploads/3/4/4...707/5868657.jpg

This isthe roller coaster: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q...sGpA9J36oaY6LGO

I have never been to Waterville, but it reminds me of a water park I went to at Pittsburgh, PA. And lol at the roller coaster. It looks like one of the classic types. I sometimes think about becoming a conosseur of roller coasters, like joining a club where you travel around, riding different ones. The closest thing to a roller coaster they have at Disneyworld is the one water ride I LOVED when I was a kid. I think it was called Splash Mountain. Good times. At least, I think that's true. They may have put in place roller coasters afterward... My memory is bad. The last time I went was 2005, and before that... probably early 90's.

Edited by purplenewt

I have never been to Waterville, but it reminds me of a water park I went to at Pittsburgh, PA. And lol at the roller coaster. It looks like one of the classic types. I sometimes think about becoming a conosseur of roller coasters, like joining a club where you travel around, riding different ones. The closest thing to a roller coaster they have at Disneyworld is the one water ride I LOVED when I was a kid. I think it was called Splash Mountain. Good times. At least, I think that's true. They may have put in place roller coasters afterward... My memory is bad. The last time I went was 2005, and before that... probably early 90's.

Actually, Disney has some decent coasters, they just mostly aren't at the Magic Kingdom.

The Rock'n'Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios is my personal favorite. No tow chain and hill, I don't remember if it's a pneumatic launcher or what, but the train looks sort of like a stretch limo, you get in and wait at a "traffic light" and then you just go BOOM! straight up into a loop and there are a couple other inversions and it's in the dark which just makes it more fun.

Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom is sweet, too. No inversions, but some wicked steep hills, and at one point, you stop right near the top of a hill where they make it look like the tracks have been torn up. If you pay attention, you can hear some track switches shifting, and then the train goes backwards for a ways, stops again, and goes back forward once more.

And the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the new offering in Magic Kingdom... as in, just opened up this past July. It's not nearly as fast, but it's got some steep banking and tight curves, and the cars of the trains are designed to sway with the motion so that it feels more intense.

Magic Kingdom also offers Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and of course, Space Mountain. They're both okay, fairly tame for roller coaster aficionados, but fun all the same. They were also both around back in the 1980s, the first time I went to Disney. Oldies, but goodies, for the nostalgia if nothing else. Splash Mountain is the big log flume ride at Magic Kingdom, and yes, that one's very fun too, especially on a hot day when you hope like heck you get the front couple of seats so you'll get good and soaked when you hit the bottom of the hill.

It would be a dream for me to go to Disney World. I've watched so many disney movies and cartoons as a kid. My folks never took me as a kid and even at 19 I still want to go. smile.gif

It would be a dream for me to go to Disney World. I've watched so many disney movies and cartoons as a kid. My folks never took me as a kid and even at 19 I still want to go. smile.gif

Even at 19? *laughs*

Shoot, I'm watching 40 rapidly receding in the rearview mirror and seeing 50 coming up faster than I care to think about, and I still loves me my Disney World trips!

Actually, Disney has some decent coasters, they just mostly aren't at the Magic Kingdom.

The Rock'n'Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios is my personal favorite. No tow chain and hill, I don't remember if it's a pneumatic launcher or what, but the train looks sort of like a stretch limo, you get in and wait at a "traffic light" and then you just go BOOM! straight up into a loop and there are a couple other inversions and it's in the dark which just makes it more fun.

Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom is sweet, too. No inversions, but some wicked steep hills, and at one point, you stop right near the top of a hill where they make it look like the tracks have been torn up. If you pay attention, you can hear some track switches shifting, and then the train goes backwards for a ways, stops again, and goes back forward once more.

And the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the new offering in Magic Kingdom... as in, just opened up this past July. It's not nearly as fast, but it's got some steep banking and tight curves, and the cars of the trains are designed to sway with the motion so that it feels more intense.

Magic Kingdom also offers Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and of course, Space Mountain. They're both okay, fairly tame for roller coaster aficionados, but fun all the same. They were also both around back in the 1980s, the first time I went to Disney. Oldies, but goodies, for the nostalgia if nothing else. Splash Mountain is the big log flume ride at Magic Kingdom, and yes, that one's very fun too, especially on a hot day when you hope like heck you get the front couple of seats so you'll get good and soaked when you hit the bottom of the hill.

You make me want to go back again. biggrin.gif

Older than most if not all the rest of the posters. My dad was USN and was stationed in Long Beach for 2 years November '58 through "60. We went several times to Disneyland and all of us (3 of my sisterts and parents) enjoyed the day at it thoroughly. I have neber been to Disneyworld and have definitely wanted to go, but no money for extras and Disney World is an extra even if you get a deal on the entry/rides prices. Food and lodging or very expensive.

Sadly, my shoestring budget does not stretch that far.

You are never too old for an amusement park even if some of the actual activities are beyond your health. If you get a chance to visit a Disney theme park or Universal or some other place such as that, do it.

Wow I just learned the new HP Gringotts ride opened! I hope to get to ride it one day. The HP park is pretty phenomenal already and this new ride seems like a great addition

I believe the HP park is in Universal Studio's, not Disney World. But I sooo wanna go there!

Not Disney World but I do want to go. Does Disneyland count? Ive been there around 6 times and last time I went was March of this year. I love that place <3

I've been there three times in my life. Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios last time I went) twice and Magic Kingdom once. the last time I went I was eight years old. I still have yet to go to Epcot or Animal Kingdom, but I want to. I have nothing but good memories for each time. Especially riding Splash Mountain. that was fun. I rode that one three times in a row. biggrin.gif

I really want to go back to Magic Kingdom now that they've added all that new stuff recently. I would love to dine in Beast's castle especially since it's one of my top most favorite movies.

The place is a nightmare sad.gif more like a cattle market than a theme park, if you like hours of waiting for a ride or show with young children sometimes in excessive heat i would recommend, i have been there for last 3 years with 14 day passes first 2 times fast track all gone within an hour of opening

pre book was no better, the amount of people allowed in park is not right sad.gif for persons buying day/2day pass which are not cheap to get on 2/3 rides in a day can be very disappointing i am not sure what its like out of season as i have only ever gone in Easter and Summer but like most who visit schools will be out unsure.gif

In my opinion it has gone away from what it was built for and now a money generator to get more people in and very minimal in upgrades to parks and attractions.

This is mainly based on magic kingdom sad.gif with no young children

I have also been to Disneyland California very much smaller but very pleasant what dreams are made of biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this