Moonlightelf

Vampire Death Bites

I am quite sure that all of us have had some fail-bites with our Vampires. And some may have even recorded every bite they've gone through.

However... ever wondered what happened to the code of failed bite later on? Was it recycled after all?

I myself, as recorder of vampire bites that went on renaming mood, went to find out what came to be from some of the fail bites that I've done in the past.

The results were quite interesting on my part.

CB Pink Dragon bitten on 7-Jan-2010 -> Code recycled for CB Spitfire Dragon that was born on Jul 05, 2010

CB Nocturne Dragon bitten on 11-Feb-2010 -> Code recycled for CB Ember Dragon that was born on Feb 05, 2011

CB Pink Dragon bitten on 28-Apr-2010 -> Code recycled for 11th gen Daydream Dragon that was born on Mar 15, 2011

CB Purple Dragon bitten on 31-Jul-2011 -> Code recycled for 8th gen Purple Ridgewing Dragon that was born on Jun 16, 2012

CB Horse Dragon bitten on 28-Sep-2011 -> Code recycled for CB Carmine Wyvern that was born on Jul 05, 2014

CB Purple Dorsal Dragon bitten on 24-Nov-2012 -> Code recycled for 4th gen V-Day 2011 Rosebud Dragon on Feb 09, 2014

Have some records of the fail-bites? Has any of them been "reborn" later on?

Go investigate and share your findings with us!

Or start the recording today.

I am quite sure that all of us have had some fail-bites with our Vampires. And some may have even recorded every bite they've gone through.

However... ever wondered what happened to the code of failed bite later on? Was it recycled after all?

I myself, as recorder of vampire bites that went on renaming mood, went to find out what came to be from some of the fail bites that I've done in the past.

The results were quite interesting on my part.

CB Pink Dragon bitten on 7-Jan-2010 -> Code recycled for CB Spitfire Dragon that was born on Jul 05, 2010

CB Nocturne Dragon bitten on 11-Feb-2010 -> Code recycled for CB Ember Dragon that was born on Feb 05, 2011

CB Pink Dragon bitten on 28-Apr-2010 -> Code recycled for 11th gen Daydream Dragon that was born on Mar 15, 2011

CB Purple Dragon bitten on 31-Jul-2011 -> Code recycled for 8th gen Purple Ridgewing Dragon that was born on Jun 16, 2012

CB Horse Dragon bitten on 28-Sep-2011 -> Code recycled for CB Carmine Wyvern that was born on Jul 05, 2014

CB Purple Dorsal Dragon bitten on 24-Nov-2012 -> Code recycled for 4th gen V-Day 2011 Rosebud Dragon on Feb 09, 2014

Have some records of the fail-bites? Has any of them been "reborn" later on?

Go investigate and share your findings with us!

Or start the recording today.

I didn't know that codes could be 'Reincarnated'. O.O I always thought that the code died with the dragon.

Edited by Silverswift

This is really interesting... I only tracked the dates of their deaths, now I really want to keep track of all my dead eggs/hatchlings/dragons to see what they'll become in their afterlives...

I didn't know that codes could be 'Reincarnated'. O.O I always thought that the code died with the dragon.

They do get recycled. Otherwise the codes would get used up quickly (and we'd get to 6-digit codes sooner. Unlikely though.)

This is really interesting... I only tracked the dates of their deaths, now I really want to keep track of all my dead eggs/hatchlings/dragons to see what they'll become in their afterlives...

Never really thought about other things than vampire bites. Good thinking there. :3 Might as well go though the dead things too that I happen to get.

They do get recycled.

I am fairly sure that doesn't happen any more, unfortunately, much as it's super exciting!

Data point: ZzIsw is a failed vampire bite from way back in February. The shell's long since disappeared from my scroll, but the code still shows the lineage fine.

I expect this is a side-effect of the 'dead dragons keep their codes now', even though it wouldn't be necessary for eggs and hatchlings that have never had offspring. (Although maybe it's relevant for the ratios, so those will stick around at least for a full year before being recycled? Hmm.)

(Edit: This is really exciting for old bites, though! I didn't record my old bites, sadly, so I can't contribute. Checked all my recent ones, but they're all still the eggs that were bitten or disappeared.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I'm kind of mad at myself now. I just went through my personal bite records and got rid of all those that had died. I just decided to check on some old repulsed ones if they had been named or not. That was a surprise laugh.gif